Pence is the one to watch.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Pence is the one to watch.

Post by womble » 08 Jul 2023, 4:32 pm

I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: Pence is the one to watch.

Post by womble » 08 Jul 2023, 4:39 pm

Might add. Humble, respectful, stoic.
Do like this bloke.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 09 Jul 2023, 1:03 am

A lot of these candidates are just fluffing out their resume as a "presidential candidate" to help their media and public speaking careers. Nothing more than that.

Personally I prefer DeSantis but Trump is going to win the nomination, especially with all the political persecution going on by the extremely corrupt and deceitful Biden administration, one of the worst Presidents of all time.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Larry » 09 Jul 2023, 6:38 am

Well we certainly know were you sit in the incredibly divided US of A. The extent to which Americans devote themselves to their brand of Politics is simply outstanding I mean that in the extreme sense not like the good sense. It is something that we Ozzies just can not fathom.

I feel really sad for the US and the state it is in. The lies that are being spread by you leaders and amplified through the population are so dangerous and will result in only hate, discrimination and violence.

From the outside we see Trump peddling his Truth and to justify it he attacks the institutions at the core of justice. The DOJ and FBI if he does win, Pardons himself does who know what with he opposition and then restructures the DOJ, FBI and other law enforcement to his liking or should I say those that agree with him. As they say GOD help you it will be the biggest Fascist country ever to exist. Hopefully society will wake up and then actually use your 2A to dismantle the Tyranny you would be under.

We hear Biden speak of policies and doing things to improve the lives of the citizens on the other hand at every Trump speech it is only attacking his opposition all about him. What he thinks he has done how good he is just BS.

Sorry just MHO from a non party stance and not politically motivated.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by bladeracer » 09 Jul 2023, 7:26 am

Larry wrote:We hear Biden speak of policies and doing things to improve the lives of the citizens...

What? Where on earth do you "hear" this sort of rubbish? I hear the precise opposite, the country is going down the toilet almost as fast as France while Biden is "leading" it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Billo » 09 Jul 2023, 9:31 am

bladeracer wrote:
Larry wrote:We hear Biden speak of policies and doing things to improve the lives of the citizens...

What? Where on earth do you "hear" this sort of rubbish? I hear the precise opposite, the country is going down the toilet almost as fast as France while Biden is "leading" it.

Really I thought the Stock market was out performing the previous dude and the unemployment rate is bloody low, what metric are you using bladeracer ?

If people have jobs then everyone wins
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by deye243 » 09 Jul 2023, 12:54 pm

bladeracer wrote:

Yes not to mention the way the fbi and the doj have become nothing but bidens own stasi .
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 09 Jul 2023, 1:52 pm

There was a report released just the other day there are more people in Jobs than there has been for years also the average wage is up.

Wages rose by 0.4% last month, while total nonfarm payroll employment increased by 209,000, and the unemployment rate has dropped to 3.6%
https://www.theguardian.com/business/li ... iness-live

US wages rise faster than expected
Average pay rose in June, in a boost to US employees – but a potential headache for the Federal Reserve.
In June, average hourly earnings rose by 12 cents, or 0.4%, to $33.58, ahead of expectations of a 0.3% rise.
Over the past 12 months, average hourly earnings have increased by 4.4%, ahead of expectations of a 4.2% annual rise.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by deye243 » 09 Jul 2023, 3:29 pm

Well the Guardian is the guardian .
I Gauge America's performance on the Americans that I talk to everyday. And although a lot of them hated Trump they were happy that they had jobs. They were just ordinary people like myself and my sons. Now that bidens in they have no jobs and sky high tax's.
Last edited by deye243 on 09 Jul 2023, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 09 Jul 2023, 3:31 pm

Biden has done a lot and brought the country back from the brink. He’s the strong leadership they needed but he’s also way past his prime. He has been a strong reminder of American values that the world missed.
His predecessor had rioting in the streets literally every day of his term for one reason or another.

But he also has to be the voice of gun control for the libs. Guns are a big political tool in the states. The reality is of course there are just as many lib dem gun owners.
And he also has to champion civil rights. Abortion is a big election draw card also. The Bible Belt is I think 10 states that cover about a third of the country. That’s a large contingent of single issue voters that believe abortion is murder. And it’s also quite a militant contingent.
So it really doesn’t matter how good a leader the lib dems field. He or she is still the devil to them.

But Pence who I started the thread for is potentially someone who could bring a real election challenge to Biden. He does have an understanding of respecting other peoples values whilst still staunchly resolute when he comes to protecting his own.
He could take charge and keep the ball rolling that Biden kicked off.
Desantis is gone. He just can’t campaign. He doesn’t even look people in the eye when he talks to them. Just projects creepiness.
Trump is as wannaroot correctly pointed out is the most likely nominee by far. But he also has no hope of winning an election.
There are also “patriots” who want him hung for treason. A room with a fax machine and documents relating to home defence plus huge debts to prominent Russians and Saudis. Was a bit much for them not to become suspicious.

I just see only two genuinely competent contenders from both camps that can hold the union. And that’s critical because should Ukraine lose in Europe, America has to fight Russia.
And nobody wants that.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Larry » 09 Jul 2023, 5:05 pm

deye243 wrote:Well the Guardian is the guardian .
I Gauge America's performance on the Americans that I talk to everyday. And although a lot of them hated Trump they were happy that they had jobs. They were just ordinary people like myself and my sons. Now that bidens in they have no jobs and sky high tax's.

The Guardian is not where I first heard the numbers but ir was the easiest to re find. How about a report from Fox News is that Trump enough for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oMlJaWqmz0
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by mchughcb » 18 Oct 2023, 6:14 pm

Pence is going nowhere
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 19 Oct 2023, 7:17 am

Even two pence = nothing.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 19 Oct 2023, 8:13 am

I can't comprehend the mentality of Australian fluffers for either Biden or Trump. It's almost like they think they are honorary Americans.
Irrespective of the histrionics either side engages in, they are simply different sides of the same coin.
Australia's relationship with the US can very simply be summed up thus.
US says 'jump'
Australia replies 'how high'
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by 1776 » 19 Oct 2023, 8:25 am

straightshooter wrote:I can't comprehend the mentality of Australian fluffers for either Biden or Trump. It's almost like they think they are honorary Americans.
Irrespective of the histrionics either side engages in, they are simply different sides of the same coin.
Australia's relationship with the US can very simply be summed up thus.
US says 'jump'
Australia replies 'how high'

Trump is a showmen. Whatever you may say about him he is a medias wetdream and they cant get enough of him because he is boorish and crass.

He has the balls to say what so many people are thinking and people love him for it.
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Jackaroo » 19 Oct 2023, 8:30 am

straightshooter wrote:I can't comprehend the mentality of Australian fluffers for either Biden or Trump.

I like Trump for one reason....he sticks it to Lefties.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by womble » 19 Oct 2023, 8:35 am

Can't really credit him with balls though when he dodged the draft with a made up injury and has a pet hate for veterans
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 19 Oct 2023, 9:03 am

ahhh , american politics . such a subtle topic on this forum :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by straightshooter » 19 Oct 2023, 9:18 am

Jackaroo wrote:
straightshooter wrote:I can't comprehend the mentality of Australian fluffers for either Biden or Trump.

Yet somehow the lefties still get their way.
Apart from entertainment, why should Trump be judged by what he says and not by what he actually does?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by 1776 » 19 Oct 2023, 9:48 am

straightshooter wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:

Apart from entertainment, why should Trump be judged by what he says and not by what he actually does?

What he did was maintain world order, peace and stability. No way in hell Russia and Ukraine would be having a war during his tenure. .
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 19 Oct 2023, 10:47 am

Next year is going to be a wild year, telling you right now.

Pence is polling at 0% in some places. After the first primary or two, he'll drop out, if not sooner as his campaign I last heard is running a debt and is underwater.

The outrageous political prosecution Trump is enduring is due to the fact we have a very large corrupt entrenched hidden 4th branch of government and that is the bureaucracy. Trump made some moves to clean up our burdensome bloated bureaucracy last term and that is why they want him canceled. And he can't be controlled and he can't be paid off like Bush or Obama.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by womble » 19 Oct 2023, 11:44 am

Bring him back
The reason our dollar is so low is because the US economy is so strong at the moment.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 19 Oct 2023, 11:47 am

straightshooter wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:

Good point, I judge him for what he does.
Namely screwing over our farmers and our troops in Afghanistan
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 19 Oct 2023, 11:53 am

1776 wrote:
straightshooter wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:

What he did was maintain world order, peace and stability. No way in hell Russia and Ukraine would be having a war during his tenure. .

Garbage. Trump was trying to get the US out of NATO.
Ukraine wouldn't even still exist and Russia would still be considered a capable adversary.
That war started in 2014 and Trump refused to help Ukraine. He actually got impeached for that.
What are you 12
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by stihl88 » 19 Oct 2023, 2:08 pm

womble wrote:
Garbage. Trump was trying to get the US out of NATO.
Ukraine wouldn't even still exist and Russia would still be considered a capable adversary.
That war started in 2014 and Trump refused to help Ukraine. He actually got impeached for that.
What are you 12

Incorrect, he was trying to get the US out of paying the Lions share of NATO annual expenditure urging all members to pay equivalent in GDP that the US do which is fair.

Don't forget in Ukraine the Crimea was annexed under Obamas tenure. FF to Trump and no new wars or global conflict under his tenure, he even met with NK leader on Korean soil!!! Something my grandfather who fought in Korean soil would never of thought possible. The same can't be said about the other Dumbocrats who bookended Trump, nothing but war and conflict under them, they've let everyone off the leash!

He was impeached for "quid pro quo" the same thing corrupt Biden did withholding Billions in aid to Ukraine unless they fired the investigator looking into the corrupt Burisma holdings that Biden's criminal and corrupt son Hunter was on the board of ~ 10% for the big guy!

The reason the economy is "so strong" is the record debt and borrowing under the Obama and Biden administrations, Trump pretty much 1/2' the annual debt/borrowings under his tenure and was well on his way to making the US the superpower it once was bringing jobs that had been offshored and keeping China accountable. Many never Trumpers are coming around to these facts now.

And yes he lied, all politicians do but so far no matter how many think tanks, DA's and corrupt intelligence community intel they throw at Trump they haven't even found an outstanding parking ticket on the guy in 8 long years... and the billionaire still get's up every day fighting for the American people! I guarantee they'd drop all charges if he just gave up and wasn't running for POTUS a 2nd time.

Are you 8?
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by womble » 19 Oct 2023, 2:44 pm

368 billion we laid down on those nuclear subs. Intended as a deterrent to protect our sovereignty.
And captain dumbshit goes and tells everyone their full capabilities .
So I guess what he says matters even more that what fails to achieve.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 19 Oct 2023, 2:54 pm

And by captain dumbshit of course I mean Donald “why do we need nato anyway” Trump
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/14/us/politics/nato-president-trump.html

But it gets worse. 4th December 2022 was when Donald Dumbfuck called for the termination of the constitution
https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/03/politics/trump-constitution-truth-social/index.html

What are you 6
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by stihl88 » 19 Oct 2023, 2:57 pm

What are you TDS?

I've just named a handful of things mishandled under the Obama/Biden admins and you don't even blink yet Trump talks about something (Why should US be in NATO) and you froth at the mouth,,,Trump...Trump...Trump (Russia...Russia...Russia...) TDS at it's finest. Where's you criticism on Obama/Biden?

Just to name some of the latest of Bidens "stuff ups"
His botched withdrawal of Afghanistan handing terrorists over $7+ Billion is cutting edge US military hardware, weapons and Tech. Probably worse than this was that some of the cutting edge tech was sold straight to the "Big Guys" favorite's China and Russia for de-engineering...

FF to a couple of weeks back and we see Biden release 6 billion to Iran, then of course the attack on Israel occurs a week later but no coincidence hey!
Looking at some of the photos last week, I notice Hamas is running around in shiny AR's/M4's with Trijcon sights that look awfully familiar to the ones Joe left behind in Afghanistan.

If we're going to have a pissing match over who's the dumbest prick of the two Biden wind hands own mate, quit while you're ahead as i've only just gotten started!
Last edited by stihl88 on 19 Oct 2023, 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 19 Oct 2023, 3:03 pm

Nytimes is paywalled.

"Donald Dumbfuck called for the termination of the constitution" :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 19 Oct 2023, 3:29 pm

stihl88 wrote:What are you TDS?

I've just named a handful of things mishandled under the Obama/Biden admins and you don't even blink yet Trump talks about something (Why should US be in NATO) and you froth at the mouth,,,Trump...Trump...Trump (Russia...Russia...Russia...) TDS at it's finest. Where's you criticism on Obama/Biden?

Just to name some of the latest of Bidens "stuff ups"
His botched withdrawal of Afghanistan handing terrorists over $7+ Billion is cutting edge US military hardware, weapons and Tech. Probably worse than this was that some of the cutting edge tech was sold straight to the "Big Guys" favorite's China and Russia for de-engineering...

FF to a couple of weeks back and we see Biden release 6 billion to Iran, then of course the attack on Israel occurs a week later but no coincidence hey!
Looking at some of the photos last week, I notice Hamas is running around in shiny AR's/M4's with Trijcon sights that look awfully familiar to the ones Joe left behind in Afghanistan.

If we're going to have a pissing match over who's the dumbest prick of the two Biden wind hands own mate, quit while you're ahead as i've only just gotten started!

Afghanistan was Trumps stuff up entirely. Trump’s team negotiated the surrender an all terms regarding it. During his one term as president.
While we were kept in the dark mind you, with active personal in country.

Bidens administration inherited that mess and had to comply with the negotiated terms. It was hilarious to see the magatards blaming Biden for it.

I’ve not once made any mention of support for Biden and I strongly don’t . He’s clearly demented. So theres no pissing contest here on one vs the other. But bear in mind if Biden could beat trump in an election a cactus plant could.

And I reiterate Donald dumbasfuck Tump called to terminate the constitution . Why , pure selfishness. Because that was the only way left he could overturn the election.
The greatest single piece of literature in human history. That draws from Magna Carta 1215 and the bill of rights 1688.
Free speech. The right to defend yourself, your home, your family, your liberty. The right to bear arms.
And Trump wanted it gone.
The constitution is America. The last free country on the face of the earth.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics