Greenie with a gun

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Greenie with a gun

Post by womble » 28 Aug 2023, 4:42 am

I don’t generally watch channel 9 because it’s so stupid and the pinnacle of its rubbish is 60 minutes.
But this was not bad, even good :thumbsup:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vzld6RQn3U

Horribly loaded questions and an endless attempts to paint us in a bad light
And yet this lady and her family shone through.
Just laughed of his jibes and presented themselves honestly and admirably. Did us all proud.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Re: Greenie with a gun

Post by geoff » 28 Aug 2023, 9:54 am

I remember this back when it came out.

I'm a proud greenie with a gun. I work in conservation and rehabilitation so I am often surrounded by the types of greenies without a gun, unfortunately, and a select few of them simply cannot understand my extra curricular activities.

You would be surprised how much the average greenie supports our work. They are often uncomfortable with the methods and wouldn't want to do it themselves, but most are quite happy that there's at least somebody willing to do it.

Unfortunately that doesn't often translate into real support to allow us to continue or expand.
geoff
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 28 Aug 2023, 4:29 pm

geoff wrote:I remember this back when it came out.

I'm a proud greenie with a gun. I work in conservation and rehabilitation so I am often surrounded by the types of greenies without a gun, unfortunately, and a select few of them simply cannot understand my extra curricular activities.

You would be surprised how much the average greenie supports our work. They are often uncomfortable with the methods and wouldn't want to do it themselves, but most are quite happy that there's at least somebody willing to do it.

Unfortunately that doesn't often translate into real support to allow us to continue or expand.

Agreed. I've been with Landcare and Friends Groups for a few years, Rose has been with these environmental groups since school. Virtually everybody is fine with having to control feral animals, though few of them want to do the work themselves, which is fine, not everybody is cut out for it.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by animalpest » 28 Aug 2023, 8:55 pm

I thought all hunters were greenies with a gun?
:lol: :sarcasm:
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by deye243 » 29 Aug 2023, 12:16 am

Well deer shooters are
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 29 Aug 2023, 5:21 am

very good watch . i didn't think 60 minutes could do a unbiased story on hunting :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics