5pm tomorrow

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

5pm tomorrow

Post by mchughcb » 26 Sep 2023, 9:35 pm

The leader departs. Whoever takes the reins is going to be looking down the barrel of the native bird hunting and weighing up their options of survival.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Re: 5pm tomorrow

Post by Elmer » 26 Sep 2023, 9:59 pm

mchughcb wrote:The leader departs. Whoever takes the reins is going to be looking down the barrel of the native bird hunting and weighing up their options of survival.

I heard it's going to be a 50yr old Woman who has never held a normal job and has only ever worked in politics....this is going to be interesting.
Elmer
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Post by Noisydad » 26 Sep 2023, 10:45 pm

I can’t help think of a certain song from the movie The Wizard of Oz.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Sep 2023, 7:08 am

Elmer wrote:
mchughcb wrote:The leader departs. Whoever takes the reins is going to be looking down the barrel of the native bird hunting and weighing up their options of survival.

I heard it's going to be a 50yr old Woman who has never held a normal job and has only ever worked in politics....this is going to be interesting.

This is the fundamental problem with our system of government. And all the major parties are guilty.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 27 Sep 2023, 8:32 am

Elmer wrote:

Yep she's got that look.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 27 Sep 2023, 9:17 am

Conservative upbringing in a regional area.
Possibly monarchist as the was charged with the Commonwealth Games.
I think she's unlikely to change current policies based on that, but don't really know her from a bar of soap.
If she inherits the same people who influence Dan , duck shooting could be in the clear
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 27 Sep 2023, 11:50 am

Another evil tyrant gone. Someone put together a "highlights" or rather lowlights video of his enforcers doing nasty stuff to the public during the government created drama. Never forgive, never forget until justice is served.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by S O K A R » 27 Sep 2023, 11:03 pm

Elmer wrote:

Couldn't possibly be any worse :roll: :unknown:
Now if only that clown albo would do the same....
S O K A R
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by womble » 28 Sep 2023, 4:22 am

S O K A R wrote:
Elmer wrote:

Couldn't possibly be any worse :roll: :unknown:
Now if only that clown albo would do the same....

Could you be more specific. What worries you about her. Does she have a history of anti.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 28 Sep 2023, 4:46 am

wanneroo wrote:Another evil tyrant gone. Someone put together a "highlights" or rather lowlights video of his enforcers doing nasty stuff to the public during the government created drama. Never forgive, never forget until justice is served.

Dozens of people would agree with you.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 28 Sep 2023, 7:44 am

The change of leadership seems unusually rapid, discreet and bloodless for the Laber party.
Somebody must have uncovered some really serious incriminating dirt for it to happen so suddenly.
It will make no difference to the "true believers" because they will keep doing the only thing they know how to do, and that is believing.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Sep 2023, 8:55 am

Yes, very unusual. So sounds sus.

As far as "true believers" goes. There are plenty who are "true believers" of the LNP, and they can do no wrong, yet they are the ones who screwed us in '96.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 28 Sep 2023, 10:05 am

I forgot to add to my earlier post that what is usual is for the chief pretender to the throne to have their face in the media as often as possible in the weeks/months leading up to the change over.
Oldbloke
My comments are apolitical, it just so happens we are talking about Laber at the moment.
Ask yourself this question. What character type seeks power over other people?
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 28 Sep 2023, 10:30 am

straightshooter wrote:The change of leadership seems unusually rapid, discreet and bloodless for the Laber party.
Somebody must have uncovered some really serious incriminating dirt for it to happen so suddenly.
It will make no difference to the "true believers" because they will keep doing the only thing they know how to do, and that is believing.

Well if you notice these Labor types always seem to fall comfortably into their next gig with the UN, WEF or some other grifter big wig organization.

I'm sure Dan is already covered and will be leaping into his next cush gig in due time. We wont have to worry about him going hungry.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Sep 2023, 12:53 pm

wanneroo wrote:
straightshooter wrote:The change of leadership seems unusually rapid, discreet and bloodless for the Laber party.

Well if you notice these Labor types always seem to fall comfortably into their next gig with the UN, WEF or some other grifter big wig organization.

I'm sure Dan is already covered and will be leaping into his next cush gig in due time. We wont have to worry about him going hungry.

Wanneroo.
Who was Joe Hockey? (LNP)

What was his "gig".

Resized_tempFileForShare_20230928-124710_705299389515576.jpeg
Resized_tempFileForShare_20230928-124710_705299389515576.jpeg (214.46 KiB) Viewed 980 times

They are all the same. Simple.

What character type seeks power over other people?
Straightshooter, They are all the same. Simple.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics