Ex cop found with unregistered firearms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Ex cop found with unregistered firearms

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Oct 2023, 7:45 pm

Also ... ex cop accused of being the bicycle bandit who robbed several SA regional banks until he left a trail of blood and came awfully close to being caugh making an escape in his own car.
I also bet my balls he's been conveniently been allowed to live a normal life as a free man right up until he has months to live.
Ffs they had his vehicle connected with a bank robbery almost 20 years ago which they even publicized at the time.
Then they claim he's only become a person of interest just recently, like "good detective work" takes almost two decades to join the dotts between a vehicle of interest and its owner ?
Here's my bet, the senior detectives (his mates) originally involved in investigating 20 years ago have finally retired but failed to burn the all the evidence, young detective gets handed a cold case file and BINGO !
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: Ex cop found with unregistered firearms

Post by thewoodsnsw » 16 Oct 2023, 9:29 pm

Got any links about this?
thewoodsnsw
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Oct 2023, 11:03 pm

thewoodsnsw wrote:Got any links about this?

Just type "bicycle bandit" into your search bar :thumbsup
Im waiting with baited breath to read about what "new evidence" has helped to close the case.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by womble » 17 Oct 2023, 3:16 am

Betting both balls is brave. Most would only bet the left one.
Let’s just hope you’re right.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by str8shutr » 17 Oct 2023, 12:05 pm

For those interested, here's a link to the 7 news report that sounds like the dude referenced:
https://m.workplace.com/7NEWSAdelaide/videos/accused-bicycle-bandit-kym-parsons-dying-of-stage-4-cancer-adelaide-court-hears/167150416457472/

From the pictures in the report from 9:
https://www.9news.com.au/national/south-australia-news-man-allegedly-behind-historic-bank-robberies-arrested-after-20year-investigation/a9729b74-a590-4db1-922e-41a22ee61bb8
looks like he had used an AK variant during his mis-deeds.

I wonder how he kept it zeroed? :problem:
It would be a bit hard to keep that piece of hardware on the down low over at his local range .. :lol:

Regarding the comment about special treatment, from 7 it sounds like the crown prosecutors aren't buying the "but I've got cancer" sob story that he should serve out his time in the comfort of his home.

It all could be legit but I can't help think of others who've bunged on the "I'm a crook crook, so cut me a break" line, only to be spotted strolling happily without undue difficulty in the sunshine afterwards:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Skase#Exile_to_Spain
:o
But hey, when you're dealing with people who struggle with honesty, they'll try anything on.
str8shutr
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 17 Oct 2023, 5:11 pm

He was known to point a sks at bank staff.

Just the other day a lady phoned in to a loca SA radio station with her story about being on the noisy end of his weapon and her battle ever since trying to recover from the trauma.
The teller standing next to her who received his demands first actually fainted, and collapsed to the floor.
With 10 bank robberies under his belt he's definitely screwed with quite a few peoples lives.

This selfish prick was cold and calculating, after the robbery at Lobethal they discovered he'd been sitting across the street every day for a week reading the paper watching every move the bank made.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics