ADI Powder shortages

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: ADI Powder shortages

Post by wanneroo » 04 Jan 2024, 1:31 pm

darklazor wrote:That's good, that you guys are getting stock back on shelves, But there are no primers in Australia at the moment, I haven't seen primers since 2020. Australia needs its own domestic production. Also, I am pretty sure the US government placed an export ban on ammo for 90 days so that might have to do with why our shelves are getting bare all around.

wanneroo wrote:
Fiocchi is opening a specific primer plant in Arkansas, USA. It may already be open, I know it was under construction.

Remington is back online making primers. Today I visited a gun store here in the USA, tons of Remington primers on the shelf and when I looked down at the floor, there were big cardboard boxes sliced opened with tens of thousands of primers sitting there.

There is a factory in Argentina making small pistol primers now.

There is also another primer factory that opened in Arkansas called White River and they are making primers. They kinda popped up out of nowhere but people are buying them and reviewing them on the various forums and Youtube.

I know for a fact Sig Sauer is looking at getting into primer production themselves.

Australia definitely needs it's own primer production, it should be a national security priority. Nothing goes bang without a primer.

In the meantime industry and shooters have to accept they are just gonna have to import on their own from various suppliers. Some company has to step up and make it happen or someone has to start their own company and get to it.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Jackaroo » 04 Jan 2024, 1:49 pm

Wanneroo fortunately some small players have gone to the expense (and can you imagine the paperwork involved and stress) of bringing primers and powder in to the country. Its been a godsend that these guys have done it and kudos to them and I really hope that it has been and continues to be profitable for them to keep jumping through the hoops they have to so it keeps coming in.

Unfortunately the big players like ADI, Winchester and NIOA seem to have forgotten about us.

Like honestly.......would a REAL deadset honest open letter from ADI be so bloody hard so as to update the Aussie reloaders who have supported ADI for decades as to what is really going on and explain to us when powders are likely to be brought back for retail sale? Not some convoluted BS excuse that tells us nothing like for the last 3-4 years.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 04 Jan 2024, 2:47 pm

These threads are usually full of prattle so I will add some of my own.
Overheard at a Sydney gunshop that was being visited by a Nioa rep. No CCI primers until at least 2025.
Also not spoken about much is the explosion some time ago in the primer production line at the Lake City facility. This was the principal producer of primers for US Government contracts and apparently the production facility is still not up and running. It is entirely feasible that other primer producers are now filling US Government contracts in preference to civilian production.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2024, 4:58 pm

Jackaroo wrote:I couldn't give a crap what pistol powder I use as long as its available to buy. I'll buy ADI if they ever pull there collective fingers out of French coit holes.

Do I give a rats arse about ADI .....not one stinking iota......because that's how much they care about us....anyone with ANY loyalty to ADI is a fool.

BIG THUMBS up to the Aussie's who have stepped up and brought pistol powders into the country to keep Aussie pistol shooters reloading.

I think you'll find these imports were driven by a need to move their own product rather than to support shooters. The first Lovex import you were forced to also buy lots of pistol bullets to be allowed to buy powder, bullets that most people didn't need as they already had bullets. Clearly a pistol bullet manufacturer can't sell much product if there are no powders, bringing powder in was their means of staying in business, it wasn't done to help you out. I think this has been behind all of these small imports, investing in powders/primers in order to maintain a market to be able to sell their own product. I don't believe any of these imports were aimed at supporting shooters at all.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2024, 5:09 pm

Jackaroo wrote:Wanneroo fortunately some small players have gone to the expense (and can you imagine the paperwork involved and stress) of bringing primers and powder in to the country. Its been a godsend that these guys have done it and kudos to them and I really hope that it has been and continues to be profitable for them to keep jumping through the hoops they have to so it keeps coming in.

Unfortunately the big players like ADI, Winchester and NIOA seem to have forgotten about us.

Like honestly.......would a REAL deadset honest open letter from ADI be so bloody hard so as to update the Aussie reloaders who have supported ADI for decades as to what is really going on and explain to us when powders are likely to be brought back for retail sale? Not some convoluted BS excuse that tells us nothing like for the last 3-4 years.

I think all companies are loathe to try to predict future developments, especially years into the future. They did that with the new APS series they were producing and it failed dismally, once bitten perhaps. I would also have preferred to see more regular updates from ADI about the situation, but I think it would've been the same form letter every month for most of the last three years since there wasn't anything they could do to improve the situation, so nothing would've changed.

My take is that they went in hard to produce as much of the powders that they could produce to generate as much income as possible to offset the huge losses incurred in the failure of the new line. The sensible response would be to exceed normal production to stockpile a year or so of supply to see them through the huge resource hog of trying to get the new line working. I'm hopeful that they are now feeling financially secure enough that they are now putting resources into getting the line sorted at last. It would be stupid to suffer a massive loss like that and simply keep pouring millions of dollars into it at the expense of their existing production output. It's very possible that they have several times proposed not bothering fixing it at all due to the small market, so I'm just pleased that they're at least considering getting it up and running.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jan 2024, 5:15 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:I couldn't give a crap what pistol powder I use as long as its available to buy. I'll buy ADI if they ever pull there collective fingers out of French coit holes.

Do I give a rats arse about ADI .....not one stinking iota......because that's how much they care about us....anyone with ANY loyalty to ADI is a fool.

BIG THUMBS up to the Aussie's who have stepped up and brought pistol powders into the country to keep Aussie pistol shooters reloading.

I think you'll find these imports were driven by a need to move their own product rather than to support shooters. The first Lovex import you were forced to also buy lots of pistol bullets to be allowed to buy powder, bullets that most people didn't need as they already had bullets. Clearly a pistol bullet manufacturer can't sell much product if there are no powders, bringing powder in was their means of staying in business, it wasn't done to help you out. I think this has been behind all of these small imports, investing in powders/primers in order to maintain a market to be able to sell their own product. I don't believe any of these imports were aimed at supporting shooters at all.

Blade, that makes good sense.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jan 2024, 5:18 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:Wanneroo fortunately some small players have gone to the expense (and can you imagine the paperwork involved and stress) of bringing primers and powder in to the country. Its been a godsend that these guys have done it and kudos to them and I really hope that it has been and continues to be profitable for them to keep jumping through the hoops they have to so it keeps coming in.

I think all companies are loathe to try to predict future developments, especially years into the future. They did that with the new APS series they were producing and it failed dismally, once bitten perhaps. I would also have preferred to see more regular updates from ADI about the situation, but I think it would've been the same form letter every month for most of the last three years since there wasn't anything they could do to improve the situation, so nothing would've changed.

My take is that they went in hard to produce as much of the powders that they could produce to generate as much income as possible to offset the huge losses incurred in the failure of the new line. The sensible response would be to exceed normal production to stockpile a year or so of supply to see them through the huge resource hog of trying to get the new line working. I'm hopeful that they are now feeling financially secure enough that they are now putting resources into getting the line sorted at last. It would be stupid to suffer a massive loss like that and simply keep pouring millions of dollars into it at the expense of their existing production output. It's very possible that they have several times proposed not bothering fixing it at all due to the small market, so I'm just pleased that they're at least considering getting it up and running.

Blade, don't forget Thales only operatesthe facilities. The federal government owns all of the infrastructure & and that includes the dodgy production line. I'm guessing the government will need to pay Thales to fix the issues. Not simple and could be political.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2024, 5:35 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Blade, don't forget Thales only operatesthe facilities. The federal government owns all of the infrastructure & and that includes the dodgy production line. I'm guessing the government will need to pay Thales to fix the issues. Not simple and could be political.

Interesting point, OB. Do we know for sure that the failed line was a government-purchased asset? Might explain why it failed too.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jan 2024, 5:52 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Blade, don't forget Thales only operatesthe facilities. The federal government owns all of the infrastructure & and that includes the dodgy production line. I'm guessing the government will need to pay Thales to fix the issues. Not simple and could be political.

Interesting point, OB. Do we know for sure that the failed line was a government-purchased asset? Might explain why it failed too.

I have no inside info on that point. It is well known though the infrastructure and land is government owned. The place was built during WWIi using US input IIRC.

My understanding is that it was a government decision to demo the old line. Contrary to advice.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Jan 2024, 6:05 pm

From another thread.

"I'm not sure ADI can be blamed for this screw-up entirely. My understanding is that the government wanted them to switch their powders away from nitrocellulose so whomever happened to be operating the place at the time would've been in the same position, forced to implement a new production line."

I think this is correct. Actually, there were a few incidents (some years ago) within the military (other countries. UN I think) where there has been a chain reaction on facilities/ships causing catastrophic consequences and caused by A single piece of ammo/munitions being ignighted.

As a result there is a program to move towards less sensitive munitions. I have a feeling that what was behind the new line.

IIRC another new plant in US or Canada has suffered similar problems. (Drying powder)
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 04 Jan 2024, 7:10 pm

Nitrocellulose is the principal constituent of smokeless powder. I can't see how it can be removed, particularly from single base powders which covers just about all ADI rifle powders.
Pistol powders are mostly double base. That is they are a combination of nitrocellulose and nitro-glycerine in varying proportions depending on the burning rate and bulk density required from the powder.
I think you may be confusing nitrocellulose and nitro-glycerine.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by darklazor » 04 Jan 2024, 8:05 pm

Can't disagree with any of what you have said, they have forgotten about us. more like moving to supply the military complex. I hope small players can keep importing into this country, cause a market dominated by two or so suppliers is probably half the problem.
darklazor
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Jackaroo » 04 Jan 2024, 8:14 pm

bladeracer wrote:

You don't have a clue.....but you always try to come across as if you do. Reading a lot of your posts, its rather telling.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2024, 8:24 pm

straightshooter wrote:Nitrocellulose is the principal constituent of smokeless powder. I can't see how it can be removed, particularly from single base powders which covers just about all ADI rifle powders.
Pistol powders are mostly double base. That is they are a combination of nitrocellulose and nitro-glycerine in varying proportions depending on the burning rate and bulk density required from the powder.
I think you may be confusing nitrocellulose and nitro-glycerine.

You are correct I think (I'm not a chemist), I just checked an old report from ADI and it does state they are removing the nitroglycerin from the mix.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2024, 8:25 pm

Jackaroo wrote:You don't have a clue.....but you always try to come across as if you do. Reading a lot of your posts, its rather telling.

Okay then, you believe they imported Lovex powders purely to help out the shooting community, but decided to insist you buy bullets you don't need as well...for no reason at all?
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by darklazor » 04 Jan 2024, 8:40 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Jackaroo wrote:You don't have a clue.....but you always try to come across as if you do. Reading a lot of your posts, its rather telling.

Okay then, you believe they imported Lovex powders purely to help out the shooting community, but decided to insist you buy bullets you don't need as well...for no reason at all?

It sounds like it was purely to line their pockets.
darklazor
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2024, 9:02 pm

darklazor wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

It sounds like it was purely to line their pockets.

I don't believe that, I think it was a strategy that helped them survive as a viable business during a very difficult time. I'm not sure if they did a second import as yet but they had planned to. I believe they had it ready to go in Europe a few months ago but I don't know if it actually shipped. I'll have a look.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 04 Jan 2024, 9:13 pm

It looks like they did bring in a second shipment of Lovex around October (which also required purchase of even more bullets), and are hoping to have another around late January.
https://enoughgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16633
I can't tell whether this next shipment requires purchasing bullets as they say the entire shipment has been pre-sold to dealers in several states.

They also had an expected shipment of Vihtavuori in December but there's no update about it actually arriving as yet.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-04 220338.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-04 220338.jpg (86.06 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
Screenshot 2024-01-04 220415.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-04 220415.jpg (68.2 KiB) Viewed 1730 times
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 05 Jan 2024, 8:18 am

bladeracer wrote: I don't believe any of these imports were aimed at supporting shooters at all.

You certainly have a hard on for Tigershark don't you? Do you know how many shooters were grateful to have bought powder AND projectiles from him?
Seen any Tigershark Ballistic being offloaded on the Aussie for sale sites in enormous numbers? They are great projectiles.

Thanks to TSB LGSs have had Vihtavuori pistol & rifle powder in stock and there's been a massive amount of the Argentinian primers in abundance for reloaders.

And again -
I don't believe any of these imports were aimed at supporting shooters at all

What a mean nasty, unnecessary and mean spirted and ill informed public comment from you. You don't think getting Vihtavuori pistol & rifle powders and primers into LGS's supported shooters? You don't think getting Lovex powder with a box of great TSB pills supported shooters? Like seriously WTF?
The guy is running a business, can you imagine the hours and hoops he's had to jump through to bring all these shipments of powders and primers into the country and distribute them out via agents and LGS's?

What do you want from him? You don't think he's allowed to make a profit?

Do you think Coles and Woolworths selling you your weekly groceries are 'Supporting you'? Do you think the crop farmer is growing produce to 'Support you'? The Grazier producing beef is 'Supporting you'? The diesel mechanic working on your 4WD is 'Supporting you'? There all working to make a profit and support themselves.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 05 Jan 2024, 10:17 am

"Do you think Coles and Woolworths selling you your weekly groceries are 'Supporting you'? Do you think the crop farmer is growing produce to 'Support you'? The Grazier producing beef is 'Supporting you'? The diesel mechanic working on your 4WD is 'Supporting you'? There all working to make a profit and support themselves."

Jackaroo,
I think you just agreed with Bladerace. :D

Business exists to make a profit, no other reason.
And profit/survival would have been the driver to import the powders. Did that help/support some shooters? Well, i guess it did, but the driver would have been profit, no question.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 05 Jan 2024, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Jackaroo » 05 Jan 2024, 10:47 am

Oldbloke wrote:"Do you think Coles and Woolworths selling you your weekly groceries are 'Supporting you'? Do you think the crop farmer is growing produce to 'Support you'? The Grazier producing beef is 'Supporting you'? The diesel mechanic working on your 4WD is 'Supporting you'? There all working to make a profit and support themselves."

Jackaroo,
I think you just agree with Bladerace.

Business exists to make a profit, no other reason.
And profit/survival would have been the driver to import the powders. Did that help/suport some shooters? Well, i guess it did, but the driver would have been profit, no question.

The rare times we need to buy beef or lamb we support the local butcher and not a supermarket. I will support Tigershark Ballistics as much as possible in the future.

There would be a ton of Aussie reloaders not currently enjoying their sport if it wasn't for TSB.

For the Lovex powder for 500gm you were obliged to buy a box of 500 pills. Say you bought just two of these packages that gave you 1000 TSB pills and enough powder for roughly 5,100 reloads plus the opportunity to stock up on primers that TSB imported. Who TF would bitch about that? When there was NO other powder available?

I just don't get the snarky unwarranted comments directed to an Aussie company that got a ton of shooters reloading again. Folks have been able to buy jugs and jugs of Vihtavuori N320 & N330 and primers.

Thank you Tiger Shark Ballistics for bringing in these components and I hope you made a motza as its very well deserved.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by darklazor » 05 Jan 2024, 11:45 am

There are differences between making a profit and price gauging. Woollies and Coles are price-gauging every hard-working Aussie. Making a profit and not price gauging or ripping people off is ok. It is the art of business. it's what you do. People have mouths to feed. if so, supporting you is probably not the right term. It was to support them. they had seen a hole in the market and put supply there. To make them a profit. if they didn't price gauge or rip off anyone what's the problem? Nothing in my mind. Tiger Shark Ballistics is just doing what every other business is trying to do. Make Money. they do that by supporting themselves first and foremost, cause if it was all about supporting you they would go broke. how they support you is by bringing a product to you at a fair price.
darklazor
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2024, 12:20 pm

Not sure what you mean by the snide remark, I fully support Tigershark, that's why I've regularly updated this forum with his updates about these imports, he's done a wonderful thing that also got a couple of others to make similar imports.

None of my comments have been mean-spirited in the slightest, unlike your responses. I completely understand the business reasons behind these decisions, which should be patently clear from my comments.

I would be absolutely happy for him to simply sell the powders for the maximum prices he can get for them, regardless of whether he requires purchase of bullets as well. It's his business and he has every right to devise whatever strategies he feels will support his business. The facts are that he imports pistol bullets for sale, that is his business. He can't sell his pistol bullets if there are no powders for customers to be able to use his bullets. He made a brilliant effort to address the situation, but there is no great profit in merely selling powder as he still has literal tonnes of bullets on his shelves. So he requires you to buy his bullets if you want his powder. I have _zero_ issue with this strategy, and I hope it worked so well for him that it is what lead him to import further supplies.

Jackaroo wrote:
bladeracer wrote: I don't believe any of these imports were aimed at supporting shooters at all.

You certainly have a hard on for Tigershark don't you? Do you know how many shooters were grateful to have bought powder AND projectiles from him?
Seen any Tigershark Ballistic being offloaded on the Aussie for sale sites in enormous numbers? They are great projectiles.

Thanks to TSB LGSs have had Vihtavuori pistol & rifle powder in stock and there's been a massive amount of the Argentinian primers in abundance for reloaders.

And again -

What a mean nasty, unnecessary and mean spirted and ill informed public comment from you. You don't think getting Vihtavuori pistol & rifle powders and primers into LGS's supported shooters? You don't think getting Lovex powder with a box of great TSB pills supported shooters? Like seriously WTF?
The guy is running a business, can you imagine the hours and hoops he's had to jump through to bring all these shipments of powders and primers into the country and distribute them out via agents and LGS's?

Do you think Coles and Woolworths selling you your weekly groceries are 'Supporting you'? Do you think the crop farmer is growing produce to 'Support you'? The Grazier producing beef is 'Supporting you'? The diesel mechanic working on your 4WD is 'Supporting you'? There all working to make a profit and support themselves.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by darklazor » 05 Jan 2024, 1:25 pm

I agree that it's his business and he has the right to employ any strategies he deems necessary to support it. However, I don't support ripping people off. I want to clarify that I'm not saying that he does or did rip people off. I prefer to support Australian-made and owned products whenever possible. I hope that he can continue importing, and I also hope that other businesses can begin importing too. This will help avoid similar problems in the future, which can arise when the market is dominated by only a couple of imports and suppliers. I'm all for small businesses and, to be honest, I hope all goes well for him with his business venture.

bladeracer wrote:Not sure what you mean by the snide remark, I fully support Tigershark, that's why I've regularly updated this forum with his updates about these imports, he's done a wonderful thing that also got a couple of others to make similar imports.

None of my comments have been mean-spirited in the slightest, unlike your responses. I completely understand the business reasons behind these decisions, which should be patently clear from my comments.

I would be absolutely happy for him to simply sell the powders for the maximum prices he can get for them, regardless of whether he requires purchase of bullets as well. It's his business and he has every right to devise whatever strategies he feels will support his business. The facts are that he imports pistol bullets for sale, that is his business. He can't sell his pistol bullets if there are no powders for customers to be able to use his bullets. He made a brilliant effort to address the situation, but there is no great profit in merely selling powder as he still has literal tonnes of bullets on his shelves. So he requires you to buy his bullets if you want his powder. I have _zero_ issue with this strategy, and I hope it worked so well for him that it is what lead him to import further supplies.

Jackaroo wrote:

And again -

darklazor
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 05 Jan 2024, 2:46 pm

Here's a thought from left field.

WW3 has been going since 2014, when Russia invaded the Ukranian region of Crimea, many people just haven't been joining the right dots, and saw it as a local European problem with no bleed through to the rest of us.

It changed up a gear in 2019 when China decided that a local zoonosis outbreak was the perfect opportunity to kick off their bid for global domination.

It changed up another gear when Russia launched its full scale invasion of Ukraine, with the full support of China, Nth Korea and Iran, just to name the majors.

The fact that nukes aren't flying(yet) is irrelevant, we are in the midst of a world war, whether we like it or not, whether we acknowledge it or not, the sh!t has finally made it to the business end of the fan.

The fact that we recreational shooters can find any supplies should be greeted with surprised good will, not pissing and moaning about someone, god forbid, actually making a living providing us supplies for our toys.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we should also spare a thought for the people in Zaporizia, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Luhansk, etc who actually need the supplies we want, to throw at paper on the weekend, to defend their lives.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Jackaroo » 05 Jan 2024, 3:54 pm

bladeracer wrote:I agree that it's his business and he has the right to employ any strategies he deems necessary to support it. However, I don't support ripping people off. I want to clarify that I'm not saying that he does or did rip people off. I prefer to support Australian-made and owned products whenever possible.

Once again a completely unnecessary line from you, do you fully understand how that line highlighted in red reads?

The line in bold is again just an unnecessary fluff line. There's NO PISTOL POWDER or SHOTGUN POWDER being made in Australia and hasn't for years now, pretty hard to support the ONLY Australian powder maker ADI when they don't make powder!!!!!
There's not a pistol shooter or shotgun shooter in Oz who reloads that isn't out of or was looking at their dwindling supplies with trepidation until Tigershark Ballistics came to the rescue importing top grade European powders like Vihtavuori (that meter like a dream) and primers in BULK.

Besides the imports of Berry's plated bullets, I know of know other plated bullets imported off the top of my head than Tigersharks, so its hard to support a non existent Australian made product.

P.s If you're a pistol shooter who shoots a lot and operates the timer also a lot and have had your blood lead levels checked and they are elevated, these plated bullets can help drop your blood lead levels.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Jackaroo » 05 Jan 2024, 3:56 pm

Lazarus wrote:Here's a thought from left field.

WW3 has been going since 2014, when Russia invaded the Ukranian region of Crimea, many people just haven't been joining the right dots, and saw it as a local European problem with no bleed through to the rest of us.

It changed up a gear in 2019 when China decided that a local zoonosis outbreak was the perfect opportunity to kick off their bid for global domination.

It changed up another gear when Russia launched its full scale invasion of Ukraine, with the full support of China, Nth Korea and Iran, just to name the majors.

The fact that nukes aren't flying(yet) is irrelevant, we are in the midst of a world war, whether we like it or not, whether we acknowledge it or not, the sh!t has finally made it to the business end of the fan.

The fact that we recreational shooters can find any supplies should be greeted with surprised good will, not pissing and moaning about someone, god forbid, actually making a living providing us supplies for our toys.

Perhaps, just perhaps, we should also spare a thought for the people in Zaporizia, Donetsk, Kharkiv, Luhansk, etc who actually need the supplies we want, to throw at paper on the weekend, to defend their lives.

Well said Lazarus and please mate keep the daily dose of jokes coming :)
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 05 Jan 2024, 4:41 pm

Thanks Jackaroo.

I see people here just expecting that things should continue the way they were, before the world as we know it ended.
Forever.
Let's not overlook that last word.
Things will never be the same as pre 2019.
Not ever. And we have no choice but to suck on that.

I totally understand people's desire to plant their head in the sand, the world we grew up in no longer exists, that's hard to get one's head around.

As adults, we need to grasp the unpalatable fact that the world has changed, not for the better, and not just temporarily.

Those who read the lessons of history can see that we are heading back into dark times, times we have seen before and declared, "never again".

The truly sad thing is that this is cyclic, we know it's cyclic, yet here we are again, facing annihilation because the naked ape just can't keep it's sh!t together without resortng to self destruction.

And people are crying because they can't play with their favourite toys.
F*ck me.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by darklazor » 05 Jan 2024, 4:58 pm

Well if you read my post Jackaroo. You should understand a few things. a few things that seem missed on you. I said I prefer to support Australian-made and owned products whenever possible. Keywords whenever possible since NO PISTOL POWDER or SHOTGUN POWDER is being made in Australia that's not possible. That is one of the reasons I said whenever possible because it's not possible all the time as you should know. Plus it was stated in general conversation. I also said I want to clarify that I'm not saying that he does or did rip people off. but apparently, that went unread. would you like to be ripped off? I think not. so why take offence to me saying I don't support ripping people off? Was it directed at anyone or Tigershark? No, it wasn't. so I don't know what you're trying to prove or get at. By the sounds of it, you have taken unnecessary offence to what I said that was not given with any offence.

Jackaroo wrote:
Once again a completely unnecessary line from you, do you fully understand how that line highlighted in red reads?

The line in bold is again just an unnecessary fluff line. There's NO PISTOL POWDER or SHOTGUN POWDER being made in Australia and hasn't for years now, pretty hard to support the ONLY Australian powder maker ADI when they don't make powder!!!!!
There's not a pistol shooter or shotgun shooter in Oz who reloads that isn't out of or was looking at their dwindling supplies with trepidation until Tigershark Ballistics came to the rescue importing top grade European powders like Vihtavuori (that meter like a dream) and primers in BULK.

Besides the imports of Berry's plated bullets, I know of know other plated bullets imported off the top of my head than Tigersharks, so its hard to support a non existent Australian made product.

P.s If you're a pistol shooter who shoots a lot and operates the timer also a lot and have had your blood lead levels checked and they are elevated, these plated bullets can help drop your blood lead levels.
Last edited by darklazor on 05 Jan 2024, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darklazor
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 05 Jan 2024, 4:59 pm

Somehow you have managed to convolute my comments in with somebody else's, I have said no such thing...

Jackaroo wrote:
bladeracer wrote:I agree that it's his business and he has the right to employ any strategies he deems necessary to support it. However, I don't support ripping people off. I want to clarify that I'm not saying that he does or did rip people off. I prefer to support Australian-made and owned products whenever possible.

bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics