Lead Free Bullets Study.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Lead Free Bullets Study.

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Jan 2024, 3:54 am

I thought he only asked the question.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 14 Jan 2024, 9:48 am

Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by animalpest » 14 Jan 2024, 12:48 pm

Tomotron wrote:. If people always hunt from choppers then they must be s**t at actual hunting and are therefore cowards.

Seriously like WTF?[/quote]
Go on?[/quote]

No, you made the claim, explain it![/quote]
Firstly, you should have kindly said please as per basic decency taught by our parents. Secondly, I don't think "Seriously like WTF?" was an appropriate response for you to make. It could have been worded as "Please explain further".

There are hunters out there who rely too much on helicopters to do the work for them. They could just as easily ride on quads or bikes and complete the work in a similar manner while abiding by the honorable sporting aspect of hunting. From an honorable point of view, it is not fair for us hunters to have the "high ground" in a helicopter as it does not give prey the chance to react to us since we have an unnatural line of sight from such a high angle.[/quote]

You are comparing (ground) hunting to culling - an entirely different set of requirements and expected outcomes. Shooting from choppers is not hunting, but then nor is shooting from a vehicle. "They could just as easily ride on quads or bikes and complete the work in a similar manner while abiding by the honorable sporting aspect of hunting" is not true. Yes, choppers have "a unnatural line of sight" and " a helicopter ...does not give prey the chance to react" is also true, which is one of the reasons why it achieves good results. Chopper shooting often gets outcomes in hours what could take weeks of on-ground shooting. And is riding around on a quad "honorable" but a chopper shooter is not? Please explain?

To say " If people always hunt from choppers then they must be s**t at actual hunting and are therefore cowards" is quite rightly called out by Fionn. I shoot from choppers and I am neither a coward nor s**t at hunting. Please explain your reasoning behind this s**t shooter and coward concept?
Professional shooter and trapper
Trainer and consultant
animalpest
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Fionn » 14 Jan 2024, 4:34 pm

Tomotron wrote:Firstly, you should have kindly said please as per basic decency taught by our parents. Secondly, I don't think "Seriously like WTF?" was an appropriate response for you to make. It could have been worded as "Please explain further".

No, I believe that "Seriously like WTF?" was an appropriate response to your nonsense post.

Tomotron wrote:There are hunters out there who rely too much on helicopters to do the work for them. They could just as easily ride on quads or bikes and complete the work in a similar manner while abiding by the honorable sporting aspect of hunting. From an honorable point of view, it is not fair for us hunters to have the "high ground" in a helicopter as it does not give prey the chance to react to us since we have an unnatural line of sight from such a high angle.

Who uses helicopters to hunt? I don't believe I have ever heard of a person hunting from helicopters, I don't believe that killing animals from any vehicle is hunting and I think almost every hunter would agree to this. Culling, pest destruction, fun yes, but I don't think anyone except you thinks its hunting! Do you even know what hunting means?
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Jan 2024, 8:07 pm

IMO ethical hunting is "fair chase".

It doesn't include:
Chasing with any motorised transport.
Spotlights
NV gear
IR gear
Shooting at extreme ranges.
Baiting especially over long time periods
Using inappropriate cartridges.

We already have the advantages of modern firearms, radios, mobiles, internet, GPS, maps, 4X4s to save leg work, the list goes on.

Just how many advantages to so called "hunters" want?

The sport of "hunting" is pitting our knowledge and skills against a highly alert animal with exceptional senses.

If it isn't ethical or "fair chase" it's shooting, pest destruction or culling. The "rules" are not the same.

I guess im old school. My2c

P.S. A bow hunter may not consider the use of a rifle "fair chase".
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Tomotron » 14 Jan 2024, 8:56 pm

Maybe I was wrong about what I was taught in terms of hunting. But still "aerial culling" ends up being unethical and therefore dishonorable to hunters and prey. This article in rare form by the ABC gives an objective example. With respect to animalpest, I just don't agree with the fundamentals of aerial culling.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-15/ ... /103232296

Still being rude and unfriendly like to everyone else on this board Fionn? Does your toxic superiority complex not allow you to say "please" and "thank you"? Is that how a lawyer treats their clients, with utmost contempt? Maybe we should have a vote to permanently ban Fionn for constant toxic behavior to other users.

Thank you Oldbloke, absolutely spot on.
Tomotron
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 15 Jan 2024, 9:12 am

Tomotron wrote:Maybe I was wrong about what I was taught in terms of hunting. But still "aerial culling" ends up being unethical and therefore dishonorable to hunters and prey. This article in rare form by the ABC gives an objective example. With respect to animalpest, I just don't agree with the fundamentals of aerial culling.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-15/ ... /103232296

Still being rude and unfriendly like to everyone else on this board Fionn? Does your toxic superiority complex not allow you to say "please" and "thank you"? Is that how a lawyer treats their clients, with utmost contempt? Maybe we should have a vote to permanently ban Fionn for constant toxic behavior to other users.

Thank you Oldbloke, absolutely spot on.

:clap: :drinks:
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Fionn » 15 Jan 2024, 9:53 pm

Tomotron wrote:Still being rude and unfriendly like to everyone else on this board Fionn? Does your toxic superiority complex not allow you to say "please" and "thank you"? Is that how a lawyer treats their clients, with utmost contempt? Maybe we should have a vote to permanently ban Fionn for constant toxic behavior to other users.

Oh, please stop being such a 'Karen.'

In case you forgot, you are the one who was rude and insolent, calling people who shoot from helicopters 's**t at actual hunting and, therefore, cowards.'

I simply called you out on your stupid comment.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Tomotron » 15 Jan 2024, 10:16 pm

Fionn wrote:
Tomotron wrote:Still being rude and unfriendly like to everyone else on this board Fionn? Does your toxic superiority complex not allow you to say "please" and "thank you"? Is that how a lawyer treats their clients, with utmost contempt? Maybe we should have a vote to permanently ban Fionn for constant toxic behavior to other users.

In case you forgot, you are the one who was rude and insolent, calling people who shoot from helicopters 's**t at actual hunting and, therefore, cowards.'

Finally, you use "please", that took way too long for you to use that.

No, I'm calling out those who don't abide by ethical practices especially in the aerial shooting industry and it was not directed at individuals but rather groups. It's really ironic that you're calling me rude and insolent, when you keep starting heated arguments (usually about politics) with other users on here.
Tomotron
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 16 Jan 2024, 8:31 am

Fionn wrote:

Says the person who was so busy trying to sh!t stir, she contradicted herself in successive comments on another thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Fionn » 16 Jan 2024, 9:59 am

Tomotron wrote:No, I'm calling out those who don't abide by ethical practices especially in the aerial shooting industry and it was not directed at individuals but rather groups. It's really ironic that you're calling me rude and insolent, when you keep starting heated arguments (usually about politics) with other users on here.

You are using the fallacious argument tactic of shifting what you said in order to avoid conceding a point or admitting that your original statement was wrong and a pretty stupid thing to say.

As a reminder to you, this is what you said and what we are discussing and its a long was from what you "think" you said and are now claiming you meant. :lol:

Tomotron wrote:If people always hunt from choppers then they must be s**t at actual hunting and are therefore cowards.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 16 Jan 2024, 10:00 am

Lazarus wrote:Says the person who was so busy trying to sh!t stir, she contradicted herself in successive comments on another thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Which thread and which comments are you referring to?
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jan 2024, 10:52 am

Ummmm, not having a go but,

image.jpg
image.jpg (9.58 KiB) Viewed 1115 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 16 Jan 2024, 12:44 pm

:unknown: Oh fionn, sweetheart, I can't recall the exact thread, which of course you will pounce on like a pussycat, I believe it was something about police powers, and I could be wrong, but I think it was locked or deleted because it became acrimonious.

You stated, in your usual manner, that of course they could do something or other, then on another page when someone else tried to put the same point, you jumped in, again with that particilar fionn tone, and derisively contradicted them.

I put the two contradictory comments together and ended the post with :unknown:

You went strangely quiet and weren't heard from for some time.

We all remember that time fondly.

I apologise that I can't recall exact details for you, but to be honest, you're the sort of person most people try hard to forget.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Tomotron » 16 Jan 2024, 1:05 pm

Fionn wrote:
Tomotron wrote:No, I'm calling out those who don't abide by ethical practices especially in the aerial shooting industry and it was not directed at individuals but rather groups. It's really ironic that you're calling me rude and insolent, when you keep starting heated arguments (usually about politics) with other users on here.

You are using the fallacious argument tactic of shifting what you said in order to avoid conceding a point or admitting that your original statement was wrong and a pretty stupid thing to say.

As a reminder to you, this is what you said and what we are discussing and its a long was from what you "think" you said and are now claiming you meant. :lol:

Tomotron wrote:If people always hunt from choppers then they must be s**t at actual hunting and are therefore cowards.

It's not shifting if you didn't read the other part of my original statement on chopper culling. So you're clearly cherry picking about what you thought I was meaning. :lol:
As for chopper culls, I don't see it as honorable as there's normally a sporting aspect to hunting which gives the prey time to react.
Tomotron
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 16 Jan 2024, 5:04 pm

Lazarus wrote::unknown: Oh fionn, sweetheart, I can't recall the exact thread, which of course you will pounce on like a pussycat, I believe it was something about police powers, and I could be wrong, but I think it was locked or deleted because it became acrimonious.

You stated, in your usual manner, that of course they could do something or other, then on another page when someone else tried to put the same point, you jumped in, again with that particilar fionn tone, and derisively contradicted them.

I apologise that I can't recall exact details for you, but to be honest, you're the sort of person most people try hard to forget.

So you can't recall what thread or what post's it was, maybe it was a little musturbation fantasy you had about how you bested me. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 16 Jan 2024, 5:07 pm

Tomotron wrote:It's not shifting if you didn't read the other part of my original statement on chopper culling. So you're clearly cherry picking about what you thought I was meaning. :lol:

No I was quoting what you said, nothing more.

But keep trying to backtrack on it and trying to distance yourself. :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jan 2024, 5:11 pm

Back on track pls gents.

I just read on a wank Web site that everything natural is good for you. :lol: :lol:

Sooo, asbestos, lead, mercury, arsenic are all fine.
Oops, forgot uranium. Lol

:allegedly: :allegedly:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 16 Jan 2024, 6:11 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Back on track pls gents.

I just read on a wank Web site that everything natural is good for you. :lol: :lol:

Everything is bad for you in wrong amount, its knowing what this amount is and staying within the safe range that is often the hard part.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Tomotron » 16 Jan 2024, 6:29 pm

Fionn wrote:
Tomotron wrote:It's not shifting if you didn't read the other part of my original statement on chopper culling. So you're clearly cherry picking about what you thought I was meaning. :lol:

Nope, not backtracking at all and I stand firm. You didn't quote the previous sentence so you're cherry picking! :lol:
Tomotron
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jan 2024, 6:31 pm

Fionn wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Back on track pls gents.

Everything is bad for you in wrong amount, its knowing what this amount is and staying within the safe range that is often the hard part.

Lol. Agree,

And most importantly HOW the body is exposed.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 17 Jan 2024, 10:28 am

Tomotron wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Nope, not backtracking at all and I stand firm. You didn't quote the previous sentence so you're cherry picking! :lol:

Why would I quote it? My comment was in relation to the sentence that I quoted. Maybe you need to learn what a 'sentence' means.

If you really want I could point out how the previous sentence about helicopter culling was also pretty stupid.

Your sentence that I quoted was a stupid thing to say and no amount of backtracking, deflecting or claiming it was out of context will get away from that fact.

And if you stand by it you stand by stupid statement which deserves to be called out.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Tomotron » 17 Jan 2024, 1:36 pm

Fionn wrote:
Tomotron wrote:
Fionn wrote:

Why would I quote it? My comment was in relation to the sentence that I quoted. Maybe you need to learn what a 'sentence' means.

If you really want I could point out how the previous sentence about helicopter culling was also pretty stupid.

Your sentence that I quoted was a stupid thing to say and no amount of backtracking, deflecting or claiming it was out of context will get away from that fact.

And if you stand by it you stand by stupid statement which deserves to be called out.

Two sentences which go together in terms of the context and no one else cares on this forum what you think is "pretty stupid". Do you want to continue wasting your time on this petty argument? This might be my last comment on the matter.
As for chopper culls, I don't see it as honorable as there's normally a sporting aspect to hunting which gives the prey time to react. If people always hunt from choppers then they must be s**t at actual hunting and are therefore cowards.
Tomotron
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Fionn » 17 Jan 2024, 2:39 pm

Tomotron wrote:Two sentences which go together in terms of the context and no one else cares on this forum what you think is "pretty stupid". Do you want to continue wasting your time on this petty argument? This might be my last comment on the matter.
As for chopper culls, I don't see it as honorable as there's normally a sporting aspect to hunting which gives the prey time to react. If people always hunt from choppers then they must be s**t at actual hunting and are therefore cowards.

There is no petty argument; you don't have one. You have simply been backtracking, deflecting, or claiming it was out of context instead of manning up and admitting it was a stupid comment to make.

Lots of people here care about what I have to say. Some don't like some of it, as I call people out, such as yourself, for making stupid comments. But they certainly care, as I am the one person these people want banned. Which means they care :lol:

As for your other sentence, yes, it's pretty stupid! Have you heard how loud helicopters are? The animals have had plenty of time to react. In fact, that's one of the advantages of helicopters — they get animals to react and flush from cover.

So claiming it doesn't give them time to react is a pretty stupid thing to say.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 18 Jan 2024, 7:23 am

Tomotron wrote:Two sentences which go together in terms of the context and no one else cares on this forum what you think is "pretty stupid". Do you want to continue wasting your time on this petty argument? This might be my last comment on the matter.

As we all know by now, Tomotron, fionn is here just to stir sh!t and be a nasty to everyone.
My guess is menopause, a lot of women get really bitchy when they hit the 'pause.
Best bet when they hit that time of life, ignore and move on.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 18 Jan 2024, 7:28 am

Fionn wrote:
Lazarus wrote::unknown: Oh fionn, sweetheart, I can't recall the exact thread, which of course you will pounce on like a pussycat, I believe it was something about police powers, and I could be wrong, but I think it was locked or deleted because it became acrimonious.

So you can't recall what thread or what post's it was, maybe it was a little musturbation fantasy you had about how you bested me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on sweetheart, surely you can do better than that, you remember, or maybe you contradict yourself so often you just can't recall which time I'm talking about.
And look, pounced on that like a pussycat just as I predicted.
You're not only a nasty girl, you're tediously predictable.

Once agin, fionns trolling has led another thread into acrimony, perhaps we should consider Tomotron's previous suggestion.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Fionn » 18 Jan 2024, 3:24 pm

Lazarus wrote:Come on sweetheart, surely you can do better than that, you remember, or maybe you contradict yourself so often you just can't recall which time I'm talking about.
And look, pounced on that like a pussycat just as I predicted.
You're not only a nasty girl, you're tediously predictable.

Once agin, fionns trolling has led another thread into acrimony, perhaps we should consider Tomotron's previous suggestion.

I know you will find this hard to believe and it's very common for people like you to be this way, but people can't read your mind so they have no idea about what little fantasy's you are confusing with reality.

Also I have nothing against you being a homosexual, but I am straight and not sexually attracted to men, so "sweetheart" won't work with me.
Last edited by Fionn on 18 Jan 2024, 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Jan 2024, 4:47 pm

All those in favour say I
I

Anyhow, wasn't there an Australian company making solid copper projectiles?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Fionn » 19 Jan 2024, 7:20 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:All those in favour say I
I

For someone who claims not to read my post's you post a lot in a thread I made :lol:
Fionn
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Jan 2024, 10:09 am

on_one_wheel wrote:All those in favour say I
I

https://outeredgeprojectiles.com.au/
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics