Pump action rifles are next on the ban list

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Pump action rifles are next on the ban list

Post by rc42 » 11 Jan 2024, 3:45 pm

The usual biased clickbait scare tactics from mainstream media and some halfwits that are scared of anything that goes 'bang'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rds0O5n9AgA
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Re: Pump action rifles are next on the ban list

Post by No1_49er » 11 Jan 2024, 7:54 pm

The problem, if we're going to use that word, is that the ACT, Tasmania, and NSW are the three States/Territories that are out of step with the other five States/Territories.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 12 Jan 2024, 8:28 am

All the losers that stood in queue to hand over their self loading long arms really thought that it would just end there? Eventually all that will be left is single shot 22 and centrefire bolt action rifles.

This is why I will never support any gun laws because it never stops. It will always lead to more and more. Like how payroll tax was introduced in WW2 as a wartime measure but they never got rid of it. Pretty sure the war has been over for nearly 80 years.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 12 Jan 2024, 10:37 am

alexjones wrote:All the losers that stood in queue to hand over their self loading long arms really thought that it would just end there? Eventually all that will be left is single shot 22 and centrefire bolt action rifles.

This is why I will never support any gun laws because it never stops. It will always lead to more and more. Like how payroll tax was introduced in WW2 as a wartime measure but they never got rid of it. Pretty sure the war has been over for nearly 80 years.

You mean standing at my house and the local cop taking my beloved ruger 10/22 deluxe and only getting 50% of the purchase price?
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by womble » 12 Jan 2024, 3:35 pm

There’s probably a few japs still lost in New Guinea that would disagree.

Anyway, incredibly inaccurate and malicious article targeting a proudly Australian owned and operated company, that produces firearms specifically to fully comply with our laws .

I hope they sue the s**t out of them.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 12 Jan 2024, 5:47 pm

It's like Adler Scare Campaign 2.0
Your average Joe now thinks there is some kind of loophole allowing people to buy these new technology, high powered, rapid fire, high capacity death machines that give the middle finger salute and a watering down of John Howard's 96 gun reforms that have been keeping everyone safe for almost 30 years.
I'm extremely disappointed at how biased this article was and their blatant disregard for the whole story,
They've failed to mention pump centrefire rifles are legal and available in all states, failed to explain military appearance laws, failed to speak with any firearms owners, firearms clubs, firearms dealers, SSAA but They've managed to pull Howard from the mothballs for a quick cheap, tough in cheek comment.
What a shame these grubs don't allow comments on their videos.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lazarus » 13 Jan 2024, 7:44 am

on_one_wheel wrote:It's like Adler Scare Campaign 2.0
Your average Joe now thinks there is some kind of loophole allowing people to buy these new technology, high powered, rapid fire, high capacity death machines that give the middle finger salute and a watering down of John Howard's 96 gun reforms that have been keeping everyone safe for almost 30 years.
I'm extremely disappointed at how biased this article was and their blatant disregard for the whole story,
They've failed to mention pump centrefire rifles are legal and available in all states, failed to explain military appearance laws, failed to speak with any firearms owners, firearms clubs, firearms dealers, SSAA but They've managed to pull Howard from the mothballs for a quick cheap, tough in cheek comment.
What a shame these grubs don't allow comments on their videos.

The above responses are why.

They don't want people pointing out the holes in their scare campaign
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by alexjones » 13 Jan 2024, 9:12 am

I would dare say that nearly most people in the federation have no idea about the firearm laws in their respective jurisdiction. Apart from knowing that you need a 'licence' they would have no idea of what that entails.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 13 Jan 2024, 10:11 am

Bloody Probyn

How far he's fallen, so much for his journalistic standards, from ABC national political editor to tabloid scare bullsh!t on the trash/tabloid station.

I wonder how long before he's sticking his feet in people's doors for Current Affair.

As to the stupidity of the subject matter, FFS, Bladeracer could no doubt empty an SMLE magazine quicker than the turncoat demonstrating the Wedgetail.

I noticed they got Little Johhny Howler out of the dementia unit again

Or, perhaps it was just a puppet with samantha lee's hand up it's arse
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by stihl88 » 13 Jan 2024, 11:10 am

The thing that i don't get is since when was "pump Action" military in appearance?
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 13 Jan 2024, 11:33 am

stihl88 wrote:The thing that i don't get is since when was "pump Action" military in appearance?

It has an external mag and a barrel shroud.
And it's blaaaaack
Thats all it takes to get panties wedged in the antis vagitalia.

The Probyn fukctard's first words set the tone for this little fiasco, "They’re loud, lethal and legal".

Spin or what?

As far as I'm aware, the only pumps the military use are shotties, so, more absolute absurdity
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by alexjones » 13 Jan 2024, 11:43 am

Pump action rifles were overlooked in the 96 ban because they were never that common whilst pump shotguns were. But the agenda is now coming for them.

All we want is the self loading longarms and we will leave you alone. What a lie that was. Just like when "2 weeks to stop the spread' turned into nearly 3 years of tyrannical overreach.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 13 Jan 2024, 12:32 pm

I would be more concerned about button/lever release than pump at this stage.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 13 Jan 2024, 12:52 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:I would be more concerned about button/lever release than pump at this stage.

Give it time, they'll be on the endangered "species" list for sure.

I've asked several anti gun types, I won't call them nutjobs just because they don't share our hobby, but some truly are, what their solution would be for feral control if they get their way and we've had all our firearms banned and confiscated.

Their answers, if any are pie in the sky sh!t like the capture/desex/release nonsense PETA peddles.
None of them want to pay higher taxes to replace what we do at our own expense.

People, sh!t me so much, I swear, sometimes I really wish I was the fictional Dr Robert Neville.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by stihl88 » 18 Jan 2024, 7:27 am

Worst part about it is they will just re-classify them another category (Cat C) rather than rolling out an "expensive buyback scheme" leaving owners no choice but to hand them in for destruction. Selling them is pointless, not many people with a Cat C firearm license and the few that do already have Cat C firearms...
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 18 Jan 2024, 1:18 pm

Nice, Ozzie Reviews lodged a copyright claim and got the video taken down!! HAHAHA!

As I have said before many times, they will never stop until they have it all, which is why I don't compromise with commies and such ilk. Nothing to be gained, nothing to appease them with at all.

Gun owners have foolishly fallen into the trap previously of oh if we compromise and give up XYZ they will leave us alone, well you can see they ain't leaving you alone.

And the funny thing is these fools don't even know what they ban and how useful it actually is or what they accomplishes in reality, they just want it all banned. Too stupid they are to even educate themselves.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Jan 2024, 4:51 pm

Great news Wanneroo!

For the sake of ballanced media, they should be forced to play a video of Aussie reviews fella explaining all the stuff channel 9 failed to mention.
He's a cool calm and collected fella, he'd make a good spokesman for shooters.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics