Used gun sites

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Used gun sites

Post by Shootermick » 06 Mar 2024, 8:42 pm

Are the used gun websites about stuffed.?
Pretty much everything on them is overpriced, especially when you have to add on shipping and dealer fees at your end most of the time.
Plus, I’ve got a rifle advertised at the moment, definitely not over priced, and all you get is scammers, not trying to get your firearm, but to hack into your bank account.
I don’t buy many used firearms, but I’ve bought a couple and sold quite a few on the sites over the years and never had a problem. Seems like all this is changing.
Probably better off now taking a rifle to a gun shop and just taking what they offer you for it. It’s always well under what you want, but they still have to on sell it and make a profit themselves. And it saves all the d**king around.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Re: Used gun sites

Post by mchughcb » 06 Mar 2024, 9:34 pm

I bought a heap of stuff lately. In fact the guy I called today recognised my name before I'd finished the sentence so another purchase will be made.

I don't sell much I generally give it away. So haven't had to put up with lowball offers and scammers.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Billo » 07 Mar 2024, 8:22 am

I use SSAA usedguns guns these days as scammer need to oay a fee to see contact details

I rarely use usedguns as its a poor Web site design
22lr, 20 Hornady Hornet, 6mm ARC, 270 Win, 308 Win, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W
Billo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by 9.3x64 » 07 Mar 2024, 9:55 am

Billo wrote:I use SSAA usedguns guns these days as scammer need to oay a fee to see contact details

I rarely use usedguns as its a poor Web site design

I am the same, and the SSAA site is self managed and only $10 for members.
9.3x64
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 07 Mar 2024, 10:23 am

I use used guns all the time. I refresh it about 100 times a day. Granted only for buying. I find it great. Most of the sellers are dealers, not private sellers. Also just because they advertise a price does not mean that is the price that is paid. Offer them what you want to pay and if you can make a deal great. If not, move on.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 07 Mar 2024, 10:36 am

I tend to use usedguns for shopping, I really like the layout of the site, so much easier to browse with items being listed by calibre, alphabet and price than the alternatives. I personally never sell except to fellow club members or people I know so don't experience the scammers, but dealers I know and work with use usedguns when they want to move something as things tend to sell quicker and I can't say I have seen many more tyrekickers than the other sites. Most dealers prefer ozgunsales as their rates are cheaper to host an ad. SSAA is good, but I don't like the hodge-podge listing method ( a bit of Aspergers showing there)
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics