More National Parks coming to Victoria.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

More National Parks coming to Victoria.

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Mar 2024, 5:06 pm

Public Consultation has begun on the future of Victoria's Central Highlands.

The proposal is that the area of NPs more than double, locking out hunters and many other users.

This is what happened to Western Victorie about three years ago and now in 2030 the amount of NPs in Western Victoria will be huge locking us out most of the public land we have been hunting on.

It's important that we capitalise on making our voices heard.

https://engage.vic.gov.au/central-highlands-forests.

Make your voice heard.

Time for all of the shooting organisations to pull their fingers out if their fat arses. Esp SSAA, F&G, ADA and SFFP. If they are smart they will fill Spring St with shooters like in '96. But some how I doubt it. :unknown: :?

The dark green are current NPs light green proposed NPs.
Don't let the Greene's win again.

432048731_929760278556884_8358607884067591273_n.jpg
432048731_929760278556884_8358607884067591273_n.jpg (140.11 KiB) Viewed 793 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: More National Parks coming to Victoria.

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Mar 2024, 5:50 pm

Looks like it's open to interstate feedback.

I haven't hunted public land over the boarder yet but with almost zero public land available in SA I'd hope that one day I'd will pop over for a hunt.

That leaves me with one question...
Where within the proposed area should I drop the pin / pins on the map?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Lazarus » 21 Mar 2024, 5:55 pm

I applaud your enthusiasm OB, but you're fighting the citified, veganazi drive against hunting.

Haven't you got the "memo"?

We are expected to trap, neuter and release now.
That's the "humane" way to deal with ferals.

What a shame we can't use the same philosophy with veganazis.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Mar 2024, 8:08 pm

Lazarus wrote:I applaud your enthusiasm OB, but you're fighting the citified, veganazi drive against hunting.

You'll be sent to your naughty mat if you keep that attitude up ...
Fill the bloody thing out already.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 21 Mar 2024, 8:30 pm

Done , good to see other hunters have dropped pins on the map.
I'm also seeing horse riders are active on the survey.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 21 Mar 2024, 8:36 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Done , good to see other hunters have dropped pins on the map.
I'm also seeing horse riders are active on the survey.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 21 Mar 2024, 9:58 pm

If you voted Labor stfu if not fight
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Apr 2024, 1:10 pm

Well, Ive been busy but just submitted a 460 word submission.

I hope others are having a crack. Only 1 month to go.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by stihl88 » 03 Apr 2024, 4:04 pm

This is what will happen to your feedback
Feedback.jpg
Your feedback is important to us
Feedback.jpg (57.65 KiB) Viewed 389 times
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Apr 2024, 5:05 pm

stihl88 wrote:This is what will happen to your feedback
Feedback.jpg

More than likely correct. But we all need to provide the feed back just in case. To not indicates your a defeatist .
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by stihl88 » 04 Apr 2024, 11:19 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Feedback.jpg

More than likely correct. But we all need to provide the feed back just in case. To not indicates your a defeatist .

You mean realist... :lol:
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 04 Apr 2024, 11:24 am

Oldbloke wrote:
Feedback.jpg

Exactly mate. Doing something is always better than just bending over. I can never understand that low testosterone commie defeatist mindset. In my younger years I got a hiding by 7 blokes. I fought back knowing I would get my arse kicked, and I did badly. But it was better than just laying on the ground and let them give me a hiding.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by alexjones » 04 Apr 2024, 11:26 am

stihl88 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
Feedback.jpg

I am confused here. You have a 1776 patriot photo as your picture but your words sounds like it belongs in the communist manifesto?
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by stihl88 » 04 Apr 2024, 12:24 pm

alexjones wrote:
stihl88 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:
Feedback.jpg

I am confused here. You have a 1776 patriot photo as your picture but your words sounds like it belongs in the communist manifesto?

Oh and how proud i am to carry the 1776 patriot logo, my family have shed generations of blood, sweat and tears fighting oppressive regimes, from tyrannical governments to communist dictatorships and the likes. What about yours, what logo can you proudly carry? A portrait of Alex Jones maybe :o

Let's address your confusion;
Your interpretation of my statement seems overly simplistic, which suggests a lack of depth in understanding this complex issue. Believing that participating in government surveys on firearm regulation is effective might be well-intentioned, but in my view, it's misguided. Such activities can inadvertently support the agendas of those who may wish to restrict our freedoms under the guise of involvement and consensus-building.

To truly make a difference, it's crucial to support and vote for leaders who share our commitment to preserving our rights. Anything less might not be as effective as we hope. Merely completing surveys, especially those offered by entities that do not share our values, can inadvertently support a narrative we oppose. Not filling in their surveys doesn't signify defeatism; rather, it indicates a refusal to engage on terms that don't serve our interests.
Last edited by stihl88 on 04 Apr 2024, 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 04 Apr 2024, 12:57 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
Lazarus wrote:I applaud your enthusiasm OB, but you're fighting the citified, veganazi drive against hunting.

You'll be sent to your naughty mat if you keep that attitude up ...
Fill the bloody thing out already.

I spend so much time on the naughty mat, in the naughty corner, wearing the pointy naughty hat, I have left an impression of my buttocks on it.

The mat.

Not the hat.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 04 Apr 2024, 1:11 pm

stihl88 wrote:Oh and how proud i am to carry the 1776 patriot logo, my family have shed generations of blood, sweat and tears fighting oppressive regimes, from tyrannical governments to communist dictatorships and the likes. What about yours, what logo can you proudly carry? A portrait of Alex Jones maybe :o

Your interpretation of my statement seems overly simplistic, which suggests a lack of depth in understanding this complex issue. Believing that participating in government surveys on firearm regulation is effective might be well-intentioned, but in my view, it's misguided. Such activities can inadvertently support the agendas of those who may wish to restrict our freedoms under the guise of involvement and consensus-building.

To truly make a difference, it's crucial to support and vote for leaders who share our commitment to preserving our rights. Anything less might not be as effective as we hope. Merely completing surveys, especially those offered by entities that do not share our values, can inadvertently support a narrative we oppose.This approach doesn't signify defeatism; rather, it indicates a refusal to engage on terms that don't serve our interests.

Your pride in your logo and family history is fine, but given it's American, and we are talking about Australia, your views on protecting our "rights" is welcome, but somewhat misguided.
We have only 5 "rights" under our constitution;
""These are the right to vote (Section 41), protection against acquisition of property on unjust terms (Section 51 (xxxi)), the right to a trial by jury (Section 80), freedom of religion (Section 116) and prohibition of discrimination on the basis of State of residency (Section 117).""

The permit to own firearms is a "privilege" here, not a right.
It should be a right, but let's not let magical thinking cloud reality.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by stihl88 » 04 Apr 2024, 3:51 pm

Lazarus wrote:
stihl88 wrote:Oh and how proud i am to carry the 1776 patriot logo, my family have shed generations of blood, sweat and tears fighting oppressive regimes, from tyrannical governments to communist dictatorships and the likes. What about yours, what logo can you proudly carry? A portrait of Alex Jones maybe :o

To truly make a difference, it's crucial to support and vote for leaders who share our commitment to preserving our rights. Anything less might not be as effective as we hope. Merely completing surveys, especially those offered by entities that do not share our values, can inadvertently support a narrative we oppose.This approach doesn't signify defeatism; rather, it indicates a refusal to engage on terms that don't serve our interests.

Your pride in your logo and family history is fine, but given it's American, and we are talking about Australia, your views on protecting our "rights" is welcome, but somewhat misguided.
""These are the right to vote (Section 41), protection against acquisition of property on unjust terms (Section 51 (xxxi)), the right to a trial by jury (Section 80), freedom of religion (Section 116) and prohibition of discrimination on the basis of State of residency (Section 117).""

Actually my statement still stands and my family history is irrelevant to your point.

My reference to "rights" is implicit, just as yours appears to be. Australia doesn't have any rights in it's constitution unlike the US which has a bill of rights. These rights you speak of are merely "implied" as such and are subject to interpretation and development over time.
stihl88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 05 Apr 2024, 7:21 am

stihl88 wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

Actually my statement still stands and my family history is irrelevant to your point.

My reference to "rights" is implicit, just as yours appears to be. Australia doesn't have any rights in it's constitution unlike the US which has a bill of rights. These rights you speak of are merely "implied" as such and are subject to interpretation and development over time.

Totally true unfortunately stihl88, we were a convict colony, but rather than arc up over the price of tea, and kick the Brit's arses, like you guys, we just waited until they got bored and pissed off home.

The reason we have no real, codified, "rights" like America is perhaps down to the "She'll be right mate" attitude down here.

Also unfortunate is the cold hard fact that with over 90% of the population here not being gun owners, and the upcoming generation being so delicate that a full stop at the end of a sentence is considered to be passive agressive, we have a snowball's chance in hell of things ever improving.

PS
Given your handle, I have to ask, have you tried the Ms500i?
I've never seen anything but comp saws go through timber like it.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics