"I don't think it's a machine gun"

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: "I don't think it's a machine gun"

Post by anthillinside » 21 Nov 2015, 8:20 am

Police Academy 8
"Idiots on Patrol the 3 B's"
Big Black & Bald

images (2).jpg
What a KNOB
images (2).jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 6986 times

Now THAT is SCARRY :lol:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 21 Nov 2015, 12:29 pm

Last edited by <<Genesis93>> on 22 Nov 2015, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 21 Nov 2015, 1:55 pm

Where is the chamber flag? When a bench rest gun is not in use, the chamber flag should be in....
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by KWhorenet » 21 Nov 2015, 2:03 pm

anthillinside wrote:Police Academy 8
"Idiots on Patrol the 3 B's"
Big Black & Bald

images (2).jpg

Now THAT is SCARRY :lol:

Appropriate file name :lol:
Bloody wish I could have saved the YouTube clip.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by KWhorenet » 21 Nov 2015, 2:08 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Image

how about....

There should be public meme competition using this image :lol:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by adam » 21 Nov 2015, 6:06 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:Where is the chamber flag? When a bench rest gun is not in use, the chamber flag should be in....

Who say's it's not in use. I think he's ready this time the next time crooks turn around after a pursuit to take a shot at the cops. ;)
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by southeast varmiter » 21 Nov 2015, 6:12 pm

This comes to mind - Cobra Assault Cannon!
southeast varmiter
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Heckler303 » 21 Nov 2015, 6:46 pm

southeast varmiter wrote:This comes to mind - Cobra Assault Cannon!

Don't forget the high powered dangerously chromy armour-plated assault cannon mounted robo machine anti citizen man holding it!
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by anthillinside » 22 Nov 2015, 12:50 am

I don't think it's a machine gun.
images (2).jpg
images (2).jpg (19.55 KiB) Viewed 6909 times

I don't think.
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 22 Nov 2015, 6:24 am

I changed the links, werent working for some reason....

Carry on.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by adam » 22 Nov 2015, 8:38 am

It's fine... - it isn't a lever action with a magazine exceeding 3 rounds!
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sarki » 23 Nov 2015, 11:00 am

sandgroperbill wrote:Where is the chamber flag? When a bench rest gun is not in use, the chamber flag should be in....

If you saw the video of the interview too he gives it to the radio announcers to handle too.

Doesn't say specifically either way in the interview but from the way they're talking and how awkward they are with the thing I'd say it's obvious they are not licensed.
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by David Brown » 24 Nov 2015, 7:30 am

Yeah….if thats the case report the crime to the local police station. Don't make a fuss about the names, let them discover later.

I love the bolt being closed in the pics…….I wonder how many times the 4 rules of gun safety were not followed?
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 24 Nov 2015, 7:45 am

His expression is one of a contented imbecile...i can imagine him saying ;
"I found me a gunses mammi I did.... found me a gunses...I fink is some kinda automatic...but not a machine guns"
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Vati » 24 Nov 2015, 12:48 pm

He's holding it like it's some great score for police.

Like he was standing next to a tonne of seized drugs or something.

It's and off the shelf bolt-action that thousands of people have, you'd see one at the range just about any day of the week.

:unknown:
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by David Brown » 24 Nov 2015, 10:15 pm

Has anyone bundled up these comments and sent them to the police minister and explained what the industry professionals think and how much loss of respect they gain for betting their reputation on a publicity stunt that fails.

I mean really???
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 24 Nov 2015, 11:13 pm

Were they being supervised by someone licensed to possess that particular firearm? the law is the law regardless of your position.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by David Brown » 25 Nov 2015, 8:05 am

That has been my concern all along. I would not see a publicity stunt like this necessary to begin with, and sure he may operate under an exemption from having a firearms licence while at work. But clearly he does not have a licence or he would know a bolt action from any other action at the minimum.

So are police while under their exemption exempt from all the laws? Are they able to supervise non licensed people handling a firearm? Perhaps they are, I do not know.

In any case some of you guys in Victoria need to write to the minister or get an appointment. This whole episode is a joke and yet these same people advise the police ministers and that is how laws are implimented. It needs addressing.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Tiiger » 26 Nov 2015, 9:55 am

The video has been made private now on youtube :lol:
Tiiger
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 26 Nov 2015, 11:46 am

sandgroperbill wrote:Were they being supervised by someone licensed to possess that particular firearm? the law is the law regardless of your position.

Straight from the Vic Firearms Act 1996

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Possession

in relation to a firearm, includes—
(a) actual physical possession of the firearm; or
(b) custody or control of the firearm; or
(c) having and exercising access to the firearm, either solely or in common with others;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
&
carry

in relation to a firearm, includes the carriage of that firearm either as a whole or in parts
and either by one person or more than one person;

6 Offence for non-prohibited person to possess, carry or use a longarm without a licence

[[WE KNOW its CAT B]]

(2) A non-prohibited person must not possess, carry or use a category B longarm that is registered
unless that person does so under and in accordance with a licence issued under this Part.
Penalty: 120 penalty units or 2 years imprisonment.

VICPOL assist. Commissioner BELIEVED AND even exclaimed the belief to the others in the studio that the firearm was an AUTOMATIC = CatE!! so as far as he was aware he was allowing others the possession of a Cat E;

(5) A non-prohibited person must not possess, carry or use a category E longarm that is registered
unless that person does so under and in accordance with a licence issued under this Part.
Penalty: 600 penalty units or 7 years imprisonment.

I never heard him caution those in the studio NOT to touch, hold, raise, carry or possess per the above definition, the automatic longarm

but What is the status of a stolen / recovered / discovered / found firearm?? un-registered? is it registered in the name of the registrar? or the Ch.Commish?

6A Offence to possess, carry or use an unregistered longarm

(1) A non-prohibited person must not possess, carry or use a category A or category B longarm that is not registered.
Penalty: For a first offence, 120 penalty units or 2 years imprisonment;
For a second or subsequent offence, 1200 penalty units or 10 years imprisonment.

(3) A non-prohibited person must not possess, carry or use a category E longarm that is not registered.
Penalty: For a first offence, 600 penalty units or 7 years imprisonment;
For a second or subsequent offence, 1200 penalty units or 10 years imprisonment.

Assuming that assclown in the studio is NON-prohibited, else those penalties ratchet up....

But there are licensing EXEMPTIONS you say? The only exemption relevant is this:

Any person who is of or over the age of 18 years who is receiving instruction in the use of a category A or category B firearm by or under the immediate supervision of the holder of a category A or category B longarm licence.

When carrying or using a longarm of the category specified in the supervisor's licence for the purposes of receiving the instruction at an approved shooting range.

Remembering that the offences dont need to relate to actually using the firearm, but merely holding it......and there are zero exemptions for a CatE!

Strange the vision is now unobtainium......

I reckon this incident, along with the gunsafe-gate (the gottaway crims+safe) – should not be allowed to go quiet, not because I wish ill toward our peace officers, but if we're held to the highest standards of lawful compliance, so should those who 'enforce' upon us.

Is there not an obligation on those who witness the 'breaking' of a law; to report it??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by David Brown » 26 Nov 2015, 12:00 pm

The question remains is there an exemption to the firearms act for all police under all circumstances, or is it specific? Maybe he was quite legally allowed to do that stunt. If however their firearms exemption covers ALL police activity, whether or not he is a licensed shooter or not, he will be covered.

Anyone know the Vic laws that well?
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 26 Nov 2015, 12:40 pm

The Police have 2 specific exemption to all licensing;

When possessing, carrying or using a firearm for their official duties when authorised to do so by the Chief Commissioner

When possessing, carrying or using a firearm issued to him or her for the performance of a detailed duty.

The DPP would no doubt argue the first applies, but is going into a studio an official duty?? whether the rifle is cat A or E.....

I think the 3aw staffer 'broke' the law by holding the rifle.... technically....I'm not sure is theres an offence for 'giving' possession to an unlicensed person....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by David Brown » 26 Nov 2015, 9:50 pm

under supervision? does that not apply or is that only up here for licensed folk?
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by David Brown » 26 Nov 2015, 9:51 pm

Go make a formal complaint……they need to take you seriously despite it being the 2IC. Do you have an ethical standards group? They have teeth up here.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Seik » 30 Nov 2015, 9:41 am

David Brown wrote:The question remains is there an exemption to the firearms act for all police under all circumstances, or is it specific? Maybe he was quite legally allowed to do that stunt. If however their firearms exemption covers ALL police activity, whether or not he is a licensed shooter or not, he will be covered.

It can't be all.

Could sit here all day making up examples where it wouldn't be allowed.

e.g. letting folks handle your pistol at a party after work because their curious.
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Dec 2015, 11:54 am

Found this screen grab that I took, can not locate the vid, its marked 'private' on youtube

Now does that qualify as possession or carriage Mr Assistant commissioner??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by happyhunter » 06 Dec 2015, 1:18 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 16 Feb 2017, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Dec 2015, 3:34 pm

Some further questions... Is this rifle evidence? in which case this is clear contamination of evidence. If the firearm was evidence, but is no longer classified as evidence, then why has it not been destroyed or returned to its rightful owner. Unless it is being held in storage, but it sure doesn't look to be stored/secured.

Can evidence be taken down to the nearest radio station to be shown off?

There are so many things wrong with this whole situation and a very bad display of serious misjudgement and extreme irresponsibility by a person who should be clearly above this, and no matter how you look at it, this is wrong and punishment is deserved.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 06 Dec 2015, 4:28 pm

http://www.3aw.com.au/radio/the-biggest ... 0625-3asm1

Audio link to Hanna Fontana's 'some kind of automatic' interview;
http://media.mytalk.com.au/3aw/audio/25 ... ontana.mp3
(save it locally if you're interested, before this too goes 'missing'

Red handed, more evidence :allegedly: This is not Peter Maher (the imbecile) another fruitloop, dont know his name though, but might be the subject of IBAC inquiries shortly....

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=HBhua ... 2e80tlmFZo

Correct,I think this is Peter Maher, so it appears both presenters were handling the very high powered 'Automatic' Savage rifle gun weapon....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Seik » 07 Dec 2015, 1:17 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:Some further questions... Is this rifle evidence?

Yep it is (or was?)
Seik
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics