Are we all being Brainwashed ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Are we all being Brainwashed ?

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Jul 2014, 10:16 pm

So, are we being brainwashed without really realizing it ?

It has been scientifically shown that the color "BLUE" is the most soothing / calming color that we see.

On that basis, I have found it most interesting to take note of many adverts that appear on TV.

One in particular stands out head and shoulders above the rest (in Queensland)

Check out the ad in relation to what the Qld government are doing to reduce the state debt.

Shame on you Premier for engaging the shrinks to soothe the angry mob. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Are we all being Brainwashed ?

Post by Westy » 09 Jul 2014, 7:18 am

I Don't believe this for a minute are you saying the #@%^&@ing Queensland Government are Corrupt????? :lol: :D :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by chacka » 09 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm

I am a big tough man!
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Monty » 11 Jul 2014, 10:27 am

Don't make me disable all the colours :P
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 11 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm

psyops is real and are in full force =)
Australians are easier to brain wash apparently?? it must be the lead in our ammo, the aluminum and mercury in our vaccines and the Sodium Fluoride in our water supply? lol well actually they have all been scientifically proven to effect intelligence. easily pacified we are..erharhharhar (how do you spell yodas laugh?)
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Humir » 11 Jul 2014, 3:14 pm

I read they do this in locker rooms at some stadiums.

Paint the home teams room some energetic colour to fire them up and paint the visitors room something nice and relaxing to put em to sleep before the game :lol:
Humir
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by fuggle » 11 Jul 2014, 3:33 pm

Westy wrote:I Don't believe this for a minute are you saying the #@%^&@ing Queensland Government are Corrupt????? :lol: :D :lol:

I FEEL ANGRY NOW!

:lol:
Howa Sporter in .308
Howa Varminter in .223 ( best rifle ever )
fuggle
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 11 Jul 2014, 8:06 pm

Humir wrote:I read they do this in locker rooms at some stadiums.

Paint the home teams room some energetic colour to fire them up and paint the visitors room something nice and relaxing to put em to sleep before the game :lol:

If this is the case how is it that the light Blues won the State Of Origin???? :) :D :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Jul 2014, 11:07 pm

Westy wrote:
Humir wrote:I read they do this in locker rooms at some stadiums.

If this is the case how is it that the light Blues won the State Of Origin???? :) :D :lol:

Simple, Them Ba@#*rds are probably color blind.

;) ;) :lol:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Jul 2014, 12:25 pm

I'm surprised its taken ya that long to work it out! :lol: Governments the world over have been manipulating the way people think and feel for centuries.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bluerob » 13 Jul 2014, 8:01 am

When an ex CIA agent says "it's a good idea to limit your time watching TV" you do start to wonder about this "subliminal messaging" activity. Que Conspiracy Theory.

From my many years watching society "come apart at the seams," there might be some credibility to these "crazy theories."

Ever seen a person high on ice?

One of the scariest moments of my life and having to climb trees to avoid "pi$$ed off boars or sows" didn't compare to this moment.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by lole » 13 Jul 2014, 10:56 am

bluerob wrote:When an ex CIA agent says "it's a good idea to limit your time watching TV" you do start to wonder about this "subliminal messaging" activity. Que Conspiracy Theory.

I'm pretty sure the 'subliminal messaging' thing is busted.

The story I'm told is that some time back in the 80's or thereabouts some bigshot advertising guy said he'd used subliminal to sell all this stuff and make a big name for himself.

Later though he came out and admitted it was a sham and he'd made it up.

I'm sure there is definitely something to influencing thoughts, but not in the "subliminal message" kind of way like Hollywood movies show ya.
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Redwood » 13 Jul 2014, 10:57 am

chacka wrote:I am a big tough man!

Something about this statement makes me doubt it :lol:
Redwood
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Fry » 13 Jul 2014, 11:00 am

bluerob wrote:One of the scariest moments of my life and having to climb trees to avoid "pi$$ed off boars or sows" didn't compare to this moment.

Where was your rifle at? :oops: :cry:

Missed out on your dinner :lol:
Fry
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Westy » 13 Jul 2014, 12:43 pm

lole wrote:I'm pretty sure the 'subliminal messaging' thing is busted.

The story I'm told is that some time back in the 80's or thereabouts some bigshot advertising guy said he'd used subliminal to sell all this stuff and make a big name for himself.

I'm sure there is definitely something to influencing thoughts, but not in the "subliminal message" kind of way like Hollywood movies show ya.

Yep it's called the free to Air Media!!!!!
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Jul 2014, 5:38 pm

Dunno so much...

Try putting an advert on TV for a product, and feature a pic of the product and its price in the middle of a large "Bullseye" or "Spiral" and see how long it lasts.

I was told some years back that the advertising watchdog gurus banned such practice or at least tried to.

Something to do with the psych effect of drawing the eye to the centre.

Anyway, its food for thought.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 14 Jul 2014, 9:43 am

Fry wrote:Where was your rifle at? :oops: :cry:

Missed out on your dinner :lol:

When your trying to yard 3000 sheep for shearing, organise shearers that don't exist like they used to, etc etc, hunting or vermin control usually comes in 2nd.....
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 14 Jul 2014, 10:56 am

while I'm not on the boat in relation to "subliminal messaging" not to say it does not exist because it probably does but in relation to sub key programming the human brain these days is very open to suggestive content whether it be auditory or visual. We are even more suggestive when we are asleep. everything you think due to suggestion saturation is not your own thought or idea...

with that said one of the most important lessons here is "why have we been programmed by the media and Government to reject "conspiricy" and or Conspiricy theory" and uphold the status quo with a vengeance and close our minds off to anything external of main stream content? there is allot more things that you need to ask yourself? like why I/you think the way we think? for allot of people the answer would probably sound a little like this " because I watch and or listen to the information presented to me via the government and or the main stream information outlets "

look I'm going to try something out on you in relation to food for thought? ok? "YOU ARE NAIVE IDIOTS" ok so with that in mind, never ever forget to ask questions about what your being spoon fed =D!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 14 Jul 2014, 3:46 pm

Pajamatime, great comment!

I have a theory.

I believe in everything until I'm proven or shown different. Do I think there are aliens walking amongst us - who knows? Nobody can provide 100% evidence of no or yes. So, I have an open mind on this one.

The rich getting richer and the rest of us get squat. Yep, see this everyday.

There's a hell of a lot going on that we aren't aware of.

That I do know!
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 14 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

Do I think there are aliens walking amongst us - who knows? Nobody can provide 100% evidence of no or yes. So, I have an open mind on this one.

Yes I've meet Aliens at Parliament House in Canberra, They had to be as they aren't living on the same planet as me!!!!!!!
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by lole » 15 Jul 2014, 1:42 pm

pajamatime wrote:while I'm not on the boat in relation to "subliminal messaging" not to say it does not exist because it probably does but in relation to sub key programming the human brain these days is very open to suggestive content whether it be auditory or visual. We are even more suggestive when we are asleep. everything you think due to suggestion saturation is not your own thought or idea...

I think maybe we're talking about different things when we say "subliminal messaging". This is Wiki's definition of "subliminal":

Subliminal stimuli... are any sensory stimuli below an individual's threshold for conscious perception.

[an example is]...Audio stimuli may be played below audible volumes or masked by other stimuli.

You know how "they" have said in the past companies subliminally try to get kids to start smoking and that kind of thing... Like you're seeing advertisements that have nothing to do with smoking, but want to start smoking after seeing the ads because of something "subliminal" in them. I don't believe anything like that exists.

I'm not in advertising but I get that if you want to advertising a relaxing beach spa you use blues (water) not red (fire). On the flip side, if you're selling hot sauce you don't make your label nice relaxing blues and greens.

I'm sure everyone gets this and seeing any of the above examples would obviously be aware something 'wasn't right' about the ad or packaging.

Advertising or packaging can be more or less appropriate, more or less effective, get more or less sales, but I don't believe there is anything "subliminal" about it. Just more or less convincing.

That's my view.
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics