Are we all being Brainwashed ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Are we all being Brainwashed ?

Post by bluerob » 14 Jul 2014, 3:46 pm

Pajamatime, great comment!

I have a theory.

I believe in everything until I'm proven or shown different. Do I think there are aliens walking amongst us - who knows? Nobody can provide 100% evidence of no or yes. So, I have an open mind on this one.

The rich getting richer and the rest of us get squat. Yep, see this everyday.

There's a hell of a lot going on that we aren't aware of.

That I do know!
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 14 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm

Do I think there are aliens walking amongst us - who knows? Nobody can provide 100% evidence of no or yes. So, I have an open mind on this one.

Yes I've meet Aliens at Parliament House in Canberra, They had to be as they aren't living on the same planet as me!!!!!!!
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by lole » 15 Jul 2014, 1:42 pm

pajamatime wrote:while I'm not on the boat in relation to "subliminal messaging" not to say it does not exist because it probably does but in relation to sub key programming the human brain these days is very open to suggestive content whether it be auditory or visual. We are even more suggestive when we are asleep. everything you think due to suggestion saturation is not your own thought or idea...

I think maybe we're talking about different things when we say "subliminal messaging". This is Wiki's definition of "subliminal":

Subliminal stimuli... are any sensory stimuli below an individual's threshold for conscious perception.

[an example is]...Audio stimuli may be played below audible volumes or masked by other stimuli.

You know how "they" have said in the past companies subliminally try to get kids to start smoking and that kind of thing... Like you're seeing advertisements that have nothing to do with smoking, but want to start smoking after seeing the ads because of something "subliminal" in them. I don't believe anything like that exists.

I'm not in advertising but I get that if you want to advertising a relaxing beach spa you use blues (water) not red (fire). On the flip side, if you're selling hot sauce you don't make your label nice relaxing blues and greens.

I'm sure everyone gets this and seeing any of the above examples would obviously be aware something 'wasn't right' about the ad or packaging.

Advertising or packaging can be more or less appropriate, more or less effective, get more or less sales, but I don't believe there is anything "subliminal" about it. Just more or less convincing.

That's my view.
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics