The philosophy of hunting down 'man eaters'

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: The philosophy of hunting down 'man eaters'

Post by Harper » 25 Aug 2014, 7:42 pm

No bears last I checked.

No trolls either. If you can't see my point with the bear cave example (maybe not the best) I don't know how else to explain it to you. Pretty straight forward as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I had my rant so that'll do me for this.
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by Warrigul » 25 Aug 2014, 7:46 pm

Harper wrote:
Warrigul wrote:This may stir it up but if it is not endangered then it is only an animal and I am quite happy to kill it once it has killed one of us.

We're only animals. By that logic we should be quite happy for them to kill us as we've killed tonnes of them. Fair's fair. Nope I place a human life above an animal's

People are happy to animals all day long, but when an animal kills a person it's this huge shock like the world has gone topsy-turvy. Makes no sense at all. I know people like to think we're special and above everything else but it's bulls**t. Well yes we are above animals, that is why we farm them and eat them(nothing will ever beat a natural sausage casing), we also wear their skins(I love a good leather outfit and whips) and use them as beasts of burden, this is the natural order of things.

I got no problems killing a croc for food, defending yourself, protecting livestock or anything like that. Going after things in situations like this though is nothing but spite. You may call it spite but in actual fact destroying a man eater is reducing the future threat to humans. Nothing stopping you eating all the ones you kill in error if you really want to, I have never tried croc but I am told they go well marinated in plum sauce and ginger then stir fried with snow peas and asian greens- you are gonna want a few bottles of plum sauce

If I go into a bear cave I expect to get eaten by a fkn bear. I don't expect the bear to be friendly then get shocked and offended and want to punish it when it tries to kill me. If you so fecking stupid that you would go into a bears cave then I really feel sorry for the bear- cos I am gonna cull it in spite of it having been senselessly provoked by a halfwit, whilst I value human life some human lives I value more than others- if it assuages your conscience I am willing to allow you to add yours to that darwinian quota that needs filling in order for the species to progress]

Okay, we are all entitled to our opinions, I have stated mine and that is I place more value on a human life than an animal.

You on the other hand place more value on an animal than a human, you may feel it is justified to call my opinion bullshite and that is also your right.

I am contracted to cull 50 wallaby tonight but just to make a point about the natural order I will throw another ten in just to show I have no heart and am an utter bastard.

No seriously, I see where you are coming from but unless you are going to go vegan then spare me the hypocrisy. :lol:

(no malice intended and all said with a smile)
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Harper » 26 Aug 2014, 2:01 pm

Should have phrased the bear scenario a bit differently to not make myself sound like a Darwin Award candidate :lol:

If some idiot goes into a bear cave they shouldn't be surprised if they get eaten by a bear. To get shocked and punish the bear afterwards is stupid.

Same for swimming in a sharks water.

Or being at a crocs river bank.

Anyway... everyone's said their piece, no need to go on about it. A good day to all.
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics