Bye Bye Fox Rescue Group

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Bye Bye Fox Rescue Group

Post by Hercl » 08 Dec 2014, 10:47 am

1290 wrote:They weren't declared in NSW?? WTF??

Nope.

Not protected like native species (obviously) but not declared. Just vaguely acknowledged as a pest.

Free to have as pets, no permits etc. until now.
What is this "too many rifles" you speak of?
Hercl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by headspace » 13 Dec 2014, 7:35 pm

When you go into Queensland there are signs advising that you cannot keep rabbits as pets. Why not the same for foxes. These people are numbnuts.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 13 Dec 2014, 7:54 pm

You know foxes are a problem when you start seeing them as road kill on the M2 and even on Windsor Rd Kellyville, seen 3 this week alone. My son even saw one at his school early Thursday morning and we're not living in the country. Pity I can't shoot the buggers but I'll do my best to nail them with the car if they cross my path.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 15 Dec 2014, 10:28 am

I think we need to really think about our attitude when talking about any living thing... need we be looked at as ruthless and emotionless?

We should not forget that foxes while a pest are still a living thing... while culling them with your tool of choice don't forget to show appropriate emotion and respect as we need not forget by our own laws and judgements we too are more so a pest then they are and one day someone or something is going to let us know it in a similar fashion :lol:

This earth has cancer and we're it!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 15 Dec 2014, 12:02 pm

Pajamatime,

I more consider the human race as the dominant parasite of this living planet but that's a whole different discussion.

The appropriate emotion for shooting vermin is a warm fuzzy feeling inside that you're protecting many native species from the risk of extinction by an introduced pest.

If foxes don't like being shot then they should shoot back, till then I'll nail as many as possible and do it with a smile :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by SendIt » 15 Dec 2014, 3:15 pm

brett1868 wrote:If foxes don't like being shot then they should shoot back

Problem is they have really s**ty firearm legislation and self-defence isn't an option for acquiring a firearm ;)
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 15 Dec 2014, 4:17 pm

SendIt wrote:
brett1868 wrote:If foxes don't like being shot then they should shoot back

Problem is they have really s**ty firearm legislation and self-defence isn't an option for acquiring a firearm ;)

That'll only be the foxes in S.A & W.A :D :D :D
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Skadoo » 15 Dec 2014, 8:53 pm

Good riddance to them.

Idiots...
Skadoo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 16 Dec 2014, 7:15 am

Skadoo wrote:Good riddance to them.

Idiots...

Ha ha ... not that easy.....remember the words of that PETA tard? WE WILL BREAK THE LAWS.

.......Some will carry on, others will move onto their next 'cause'.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by jennageit » 16 Dec 2014, 10:49 am

Fox Rescue group? Now I've heard it all. IDIOTS!
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by cavok » 16 Dec 2014, 11:12 am

Still can't get my head around why it has taken NSW so long to resolve this issue, are their foxes different to others.

What stupid government minister and law makers enacted this stupid law and allowed foxes to be kept as pets? Guess there is more to the story, poor little innocent foxes, so cute, not a danger to our native wild life, let there be fund raising for foxes and not endangered species, idiots.

So many years wasted on this stupidity of fox rescue.

Some people appear to have no work or other life than to want to save animals that have decimated local species.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Antie » 16 Dec 2014, 2:04 pm

cavok wrote:not a danger to our native wild life

That's what they tell people.

This was a quote from another group...

Foxes usually survive by eating fruit, berries, roots, carrion, rats, and slugs. Foxes play an important ecological role, as they “clean” the environment, and their survival often depends upon the amount of available food in their territories.

Complete ass water obviously. WTF is "cleaning" the environment meant to mean? Do they do a evening trash pickup between picking strawberries? :lol:

(Thanks to 1290 originally for sourcing the quote)
Antie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bourt » 16 Dec 2014, 2:05 pm

I notice they acknowledge rats in the quote there.

Ok for foxes to kill animals as long as their 'icky' ones I guess.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by cavok » 16 Dec 2014, 2:25 pm

It is great to hear that foxes, (but only in NSW) where partial vegetarians, eating roots, berries and fruit. I love fact thought up by some dim witted Greenie or Fox Rescue. Guess their argument did not and was not persuasive on the new government in NSW. Better luck next time. Wonder what Fox Rescue will adopt next, guess they ate looking at the argument of Cane Toads. Lol. :lol:
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by jennageit » 17 Dec 2014, 9:12 am

Foxes may play an important role in the state of the environment, but only if they are a native to that environment.

Here, they are introduced, and a pest at that! FFS these people are idiots.

They've obviously never seen the damage done to lambs and ewes caught lambing, and probably believe its' global warming and cimate change that's wiping out our native species, or they blame it all on the feral cats.

I mean, it's cute to see a fox kit cross the rode, but I'd by lying if I didn't say I wasn't tempted to line it up with the old Volvo, or consider if I could shoot and kill it at that range. (No I don't shoot out of the car, I don't even have a firearm - but since getting my license, I tend to think of distance as range now - go figure).

I swear, the level of stupidity in this country is increasing by the hour.
Back from a break, and ready to shoot again :)
jennageit
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by horter » 17 Dec 2014, 2:41 pm

cavok wrote:It is great to hear that foxes, (but only in NSW) where partial vegetarians, eating roots, berries and fruit. I love fact thought up by some dim witted Greenie or Fox Rescue.

I'd say a lot of them honestly believe it.

Hopefully a few will educate themselves by going out to 'rescue' a few foxes and lose a finger to foxie-dinner-time in the process.

Bit of education never hurt anyone... Except for their fingers...
Ruger Hawkeye All Weather in .30-06
Sako L61R 7mm Rem Mag
Sako L461 Vixen .222 Rem
Savage 42 combination 22 WMR/410 bore
horter
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by cavok » 17 Dec 2014, 2:52 pm

horter wrote:
cavok wrote:It is great to hear that foxes, (but only in NSW) where partial vegetarians, eating roots, berries and fruit. I love fact thought up by some dim witted Greenie or Fox Rescue.

I'd say a lot of them honestly believe it.

Hopefully a few will educate themselves by going out to 'rescue' a few foxes and lose a finger to foxie-dinner-time in the process.

Bit of education never hurt anyone... Except for their fingers...

You are so correct. however I feel that Greenies and many others can never be educated, they use their idiotic facts and fantasy thoughts as a guide to the world. These dare I say, are worse than idiots including but not limited to Ms Lee and her cohorts will never change. Again we live in hope, glad father Christmas has scratched her and her fellow idiots of his list, as Ms lee has lied and made false claims to her 2 or 3 followers, and just for being stupid.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Norton » 17 Dec 2014, 7:31 pm

No, they're not interested in education or... God forbid... The truth.

Just pushing their fuzzy feel good agenda and getting in peoples way.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics