Lambie rejects call for gun law changes

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Lambie rejects call for gun law changes

Post by Westy » 29 Dec 2014, 5:26 am

sbd3927 wrote:So how would we go, with an organised group taking public transport to Little River, with firearms visibly in hand, all ammunition to be PROVIDED at the range, yet firearms clearly displayed during travel to a legitimate destination for a currently legal purpose. With full notification to the media and the boys in blue, (not being idiots, we would also have personal voice and video recording with some concealed as bystanders).
Sounds like a good media opportunity. I'd consider joining the ssaa just to participate and make the point!

Even looking within the ranks of the anti firearm lobby, I doubt you could find anyone more paranoid than licensed shooters about both firearm safety and the perception that we handle firearms safely.

Given the recent ground gained by the Shooters Party members in Victoria, I am wondering if our dog's day has arrived and it's time to stand up and be counted. Do we just whine about it and stand on the sidelines or actually do something. I am growing tired of living in an Australia of ever eroding rights. It's not the country I was born in 45 years ago. I've been to countries like England and Russia {20 years ago, and I am concerned we are becoming worse than they were at that point in time.}

That's a BIG x 2 :) ;) :shock:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 29 Dec 2014, 6:54 am

No cases, just rifles, 303s over the shoulder,
Meet at a small station east of Melbourne, travel through the city loop......

We can carry ammo too, how else can you honestly say you're lawfully traveling to shoot at the range?

Wests coming to vic for the event too!!

I'll have to get a solid final 'position' from the transit authorities......

Who else is coming for a train ride??
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 29 Dec 2014, 8:58 am

Hatter wrote:
Title_II wrote:We even get about 60 legislators all lined up waiting to take turns to speak to us.

All in support, or some arguments against as well?

Missed this one.

No, the ones against don't seem to take time out of their busy days to line up in front of 3000 armed people. Mind, you, when I say they are all "lined up," there is no security line or anything. Most of us are on the steps in front of them so we can see them, but we are free to walk all around them or among them, which we do.

That is why we go inside to chase them around after the rally is over :) Not surprisingly, they often schedule meetings and such and we end up meeting with more of their staffers than them. But we always catch some :) Besides, the staffers are more important if the legislators don't want to listen to you, because they keep score and remember your name.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by trekin » 30 Dec 2014, 7:58 am

1290 wrote:
trekin wrote:
Westy wrote:That would be a pretty big SWAT team to respond to 3,000 people :)

Yep it's called the ADF :x :) :P

ADF can't be used against citizens, which is why Keating did a deal with the Indo's back when.

deal? do tell.....

& I thought it was either very interesting or very concerning when during the 'sydney siege' the media kept referring to the arming and how they might be 'called in' to take over.... because one single bloke, as deranged as he was, was hold a number of hostages with a shotty :? ??? Just imagine if it was a 'real' terrorist attack.

Just another example of the failure of our 'leaders'

Honestly, I dont know how many active soldiers we have in reserve, 10 or 20 or 30,000, but I'm sure in a Tomorrow, when the war began scenario......
We're f _ _ _ _ d

....and a 1%, 5% or even 20% pay rise wont help us.

In December 1995, Australia and Indonesia signed a bi-lateral security agreement, committing both parties to consultation on "matters affecting their common security", to promotion of cooperative activities, and to joint responses to mutual threats. Given that about 1 in 4 voters back then considered the greatest threat to Australia was Indonesia ( a poll done in '91 after the Dillie massacre, 1 in 5, and other poll in '99 when the TNI started their violent scorched-earth policy prior to the UN-supervised referendum which offered a choice between autonomy within Indonesia and full independence, 1 in 3, some say the other two voted that the Howard Government was the greater threat as they had disarmed us.), the conspiracy theorists of the day, led by the great tome and holy bible of the Aussie Conspiracist, Lock, Stock and Barrel, had a field day theorising that the Feds would call upon the Indonesian Military, who might happen to be here on training exercise as part of the "promotion of cooperative activities" of the agreement, at the time, and the misguided belief that the Feds couldn't use the ADF against Aust citizens, to help out, should, some naughtiness perpetrated by anti-Indonesian/pro East Timor protestors get to much for the police force to handle. The fear being, that this would lead to a 'foothold' situation.
The 1995 security pact was abrogated by the Indonesian government after the Australian-led and Indonesian-sanctioned peacekeeping force, INTERFET, was sent into East Timor to restore order, asserting that Australia's actions in East Timor were inconsistent with 'both the letter and spirit of the agreement'.

The "siege" in Martin Place was an act of terrorism in all but the public recognition givern as such by both State and Federal Governments.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by whert » 31 Dec 2014, 8:30 am

1290 wrote:Who else is coming for a train ride??

This guy :D
Weatherby Vanguard S2 .270 Winchester
Mossberg M464 30-30
Gamo Maxima .177
whert
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 05 May 2015, 8:17 pm

Time has come again. Going to the Capitol next Tuesday.

I will tell them that Australia sent them the what for as well!
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Spooner » 06 May 2015, 12:00 pm

We're with ya! :mrgreen:
Spooner
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by Title_II » 15 May 2015, 12:19 am

Title_II wrote:Here is me on the steps of the Capitol Building of The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at a rally to remind my representatives of the importance of our rights, and the consequences of infringing them.

gun-rights-rally-in-harrisburg.JPG

This week!

Smaller turnout, only a few hundred. But that happens every few years and we got a LOT of people inside this year to chase legislators around.

http://www.bradfordera.com/news/state/a ... 7eecb.html

Rep. Rick Saccone, R-Allegheny told the crowd it amounted to missionaries for freedom, in opposition to "minions" lurking the Capitol.

"They are there, living in darkness," Saccone said. "Shackled by their desire to disarm us. ... We'll never let them win."

Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, referred to the May 3 shooting of two would-be terrorists at a conference center in suburban Dallas.

"Hey Islam, this is America, not France," Pratt said.

Larry Pratt is a great patriot, and quite an entertainer behind a microphone :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bluerob » 15 May 2015, 10:16 am

whert wrote:
1290 wrote:Who else is coming for a train ride??

This guy :D

Me too.

Crikey, haven't been on a train since 1985 - the private school boys were still carrying their rifles over the shoulder then.

Yep, I'm getting tired of being treated as a member of a sheep flock made up of lunatics. I know who the lunatics are.

Nothing will happen though. Apathy seems to have taken hold in many areas.

Time for a peaceful protest, but, leave the firearms at home.

Imagine what the main stream media would do with that. "Armed citizens are marching on Canberra."

Look what they did to McGrath & Lee.

The only way to convince people about firearms is to start them into target shooting.

Every range/club should have at least 1 open day. I know these are hard to run, but, once it's going, you have a great time with newbies (well, I did when they wanted to shoot .44 mag before the limits came in). Went home with slight concussion, but, happy that we signed up 24 new members that day.

Let people see that we don't wave loaded guns around and that we are very responsible and safety is paramount to us.

Unless we "do something" we will be lucky to own a single shot .22 one day.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chickenhawk » 19 May 2015, 1:18 pm

bluerob wrote:Imagine what the main stream media would do with that. "Armed citizens are marching on Canberra."

Yeah, we'd get painted as terrorists or as attempted a coup or something :problem:
Chickenhawk
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics