A year of concleaed carry declared “non-event” by police

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: A year of concleaed carry declared “non-event” by police

Post by anthillinside » 08 Jan 2015, 6:32 pm

Guliver wrote:At the moment road range, pub arguments etc might end up in a bit of biffo that seldom end in fatalities, add CC to the equation an few beers in some hot head and the outcome can be very different.

I'm in two minds about this my self... but ...
An American saying "An armed society is a polite society"
Perhaps the pub arguments would stay verbal and not become physical in the first place?
Or maybe not.
I think there would probably be a transition period, an (unacceptable) spike at the beginning then reducing as people become aware that violence will probably be met with overwelming force.
:?: :unknown: :?:
I don't think I'll be part of that experiment :oops:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by cavok » 08 Jan 2015, 6:39 pm

Guliver wrote:At the moment road range, pub arguments etc might end up in a bit of biffo that seldom end in fatalities, add CC to the equation an few beers in some hot head and the outcome can be very different.

Someone asked about firearms I own. I only have a cat H license if that's of interest.

I am of the opinion that if someone questioned what firearms a person owns the question was possibly directed at the other quote within the reply, not directed at you.
Australia as is America, Israel or several other countries that allow CC. They drink as do you and I, they are the same as you and I. They have the same idiots and fantastic people who are no different to you I, or anyone else. They are also mostly untrained as you and I possibly, have faith.
“When all about you have lost their heads and you remain calm, perhaps you do not understand the problem”.
Per ardua ad astra.
cavok
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by riggee » 09 Jan 2015, 8:12 am

anthillinside wrote:I don't think I'll be part of that experiment :oops:

Got hunting for a couple of months instead and stay out of the way :lol:
Remington 700 Milspec 5R .300 Win Mag
Mossberg 640 KD .22 WMR
riggee
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by Korkt » 09 Jan 2015, 8:15 am

That's a good piece, thanks for sending it out way Mich.
Korkt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Mich » 09 Jan 2015, 8:16 am

No problem guys.

We're all fellow shooters after all.

What's good for the goose...
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by pajamatime » 11 Jan 2015, 3:51 pm

I personally fully agree with CC but with strict conditions....entry criminal history check, yearly training, yearly mental health check.
with that said, I think castle law should come first...
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Norton » 12 Jan 2015, 8:56 am

pajamatime wrote:I personally fully agree with CC but with strict conditions....entry criminal history check, yearly training, yearly mental health check.
with that said, I think castle law should come first...

I have mixed feelings about concealed carry, but castle doctrine should be a no brainer IMO.

If someone is in your house it should be no holds barred in defending it, yourself and your family.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ariat » 12 Jan 2015, 9:05 am

pajamatime wrote:I personally fully agree with CC but with strict conditions....entry criminal history check, yearly training, yearly mental health check.

I don't know about yearly... But a little training would go a long way in the states. So it seems to me anyway.

When having been at the safety course, gun shops or shooting ranges here and seeing newbies handle firearms there is always someone at their side or over their shoulder up until pulling the trigger.

You see so many videos on YouTube of Americans shooting for the first time and they're obviously going to either scope themselves, jar their shoulder from the recoil, fall over or have the firearm go flying. Instead of correcting or helping them though, you can hear the cameraman and his buddies giggling like school girls before the person fires.

Sure enough, one of the above happens and everyone bursts into laughter. I've never seen anything like that here.

Worst is you see people shooting a full-auto for the first time and loose control end up spraying 30 rounds into the air. By some miracle never into the firing line in the videos I've seen.

Obviously there are many sensible, serious shooters their, but there is a gung-ho attitude that's too prevalent too from what I've seen. It would help to be rid of that.
Ariat
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics