QLD Elections - Who to vote for?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: QLD Elections - Who to vote for?

Post by chacka » 04 Feb 2015, 9:41 am

1290 wrote:You would think we have only 2 parties though

For all intents and purposes most think we do. As you know the voters logic is often:

Minor party will never win, wasted vote voting for them.
Don't like Labour.
Like Liberal less.
Will vote for Labour just so I didn't vote for Liberal.

Or vice versa.

People don't vote for the party they want. They vote against the major party they don't.

:thumbsdown:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 04 Feb 2015, 10:59 am

youre right in that elections are lost.... and not won..

The thing about our modern hyper-interconnected society that infuriates me the most is that the party or leader who has the days support of Murdoch - wins.

The day that it was clear the LNP would not retain Govt; the papers were plastered with anti-Abbott messages. Abbott wont last the day, Abbott has lost the confidence of....

Its clear that the next federal Government has apparently been chosen already..... thankfully they seek to remove the great burden of choice from us....

That we live in a democracy, and that we chose our leaders is the greatest fallacy of our system. What is this democracy anyway?? is it when the minority select the rulers? The 2010 Federal government (Labor) was chosen by 35% of the people - that means that 65% of the voters DID NOT want them to govern. While the 2013 Lib Gov was chosen by 42% therefore 58% did NOT want them....... oh but we have the preferential system, what a load.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Klem » 05 Feb 2015, 12:57 pm

1290 wrote:oh but we have the preferential system, what a load.

That's definitely something that needs needed explanation given to the masses, or probably better to be changed as people don't/won't/can't understand how it works.

I suspect the majority of voters are aware that the preferences system even exists, let alone who their votes might be getting preferences too.

I suspect the majority think vote for party X = vote for party X and that's the end of the process. They wouldn't realise their vote is being preferences to a party they wouldn't vote for.
Klem
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 07 Feb 2015, 3:22 pm

1290 wrote:dont think you going to send him back here then :huh

LOL, careful for what you wish for as we're just had a news flash up here in Queensland ( The smart state) that the Victoria party are courting Campbell Newman to stand for the seat of Shepparton, Vic. currently being held by Suzanna Sheed, Independent. :clap: :D

Cheers,
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 07 Feb 2015, 3:35 pm

Come on RoginaJack, your taking the pee-eye-double-ess now right??!!

Shooters, we'll take.
Ex-pollies of the STASI....
Nah.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Westy » 07 Feb 2015, 4:09 pm

I drew a penis and balls and put a box next to it and put a 1 in the box!!!!!
Does that mean I just voted for Penny Wong????? :crazy: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :thumbsup:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 07 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm

Nah, Ridgey-didze!

That's Wight n Wong too?
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by brisb » 10 Feb 2015, 7:56 am

pajamatime wrote:lol yeah I should have made my own box. I had thought about that after I sliped the paper in.

Next time :D
brisb
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 10 Feb 2015, 8:21 am

brisb wrote:
pajamatime wrote:lol yeah I should have made my own box. I had thought about that after I sliped the paper in.

Next time :D

I got a whole bunch of little doodle pictures and or quotes ready for my imaginary government.
I'm thinking I will excite the crap out them by Putting "illuminati" with little smilly faces and beautiful flowers and stars and sh!t around it.

Westy wrote:I drew a penis and balls and put a box next to it and put a 1 in the box!!!!!
Does that mean I just voted for Penny Wong????? :crazy: :lol: :lol: :crazy: :thumbsup:

lol apparently more people draw penises and balls on their slip then any other word or picture lol
so I guess allot of people voted for penis and balls?
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bawoog » 11 Feb 2015, 7:21 am

Wasn't this a shooting forum once?

What's with all the talk about junk :lol:
bawoog
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania