Greens agree that deer are feral pests

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Greens agree that deer are feral pests

Post by Seconds » 28 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm

Never thought I'd see the day.

The Greens want feral deer added to the list of pest species in New South Wales.

Agriculture spokesperson Jeremy Buckingham said the party campaigned long and hard to have foxes included on the list and deer should also be declared a pest.

He said the State Government needed to get serious about controlling a species that was a massive risk to both the environment and agriculture.

"By declaring them a pest it means they have to come up with a management plan and they've got to put resources into controlling these animals," he said.

"They are spreading, they have a massive impact on natural ecosystems, they can spread disease, they can devastate the natural environment."

The NSW Farmers Association agreed there was a problem with feral deer.

It wants to see a more strategic approach to all invasive pest species, both plants and animals.

NSW Farmers Association conservation and resource management committee chair Mitchell Clapham said he was concern about deer because of their potential to spread disease in the event of a major outbreak of things like foot and mouth.

"When we have such a large population of feral animals that can carry exotic diseases...if we did have an outbreak and it headed into the pest animal population, then we have a major problem that would absolutely decimate our grazing industries."

Mr Clapham said he was also concerned about how pests like deer are controlled on public lands.

"We need the same control measures and enforcement across the whole landscape."

Towamba Valley apple grower Gary Kendall, from near Eden, said deer were causing widespread damage in his orchard.

Mr Kendall said he could see up to 20 at a time on his property.

"They'll come in and go right up the rows, plucking off the buds...and it takes two to three years before we actually get that fruit bud back again."

He said yields were dramatically affected.

"No flower, no fruit!

"In the 17 years we've been here, we've lost tens of thousands of dollars."

Mr Kendall shoots deer to try and control numbers on his property.

"Normally if you get two you're doing pretty well because once the shot goes off they bolt."

The deer have also eaten his son's crop of beans.

Mr Kendall said the rules around hunting deer were crazy.

However, he said he did not think hunting was the solution.

"These are not game animals. They are a major farming pest.

"It's a major stress. I don't go to bed before one o'clock in the morning and I have to keep doing that every night."

Mr Kendall said he was also concerned for his wife's personal safety during the mating season.

He said deer have been known to kill some farmers in New Zealand.

"Basically, we have to have a rifle all the time ,so that whenever we see them we're prepared to shoot.

"I've had one stare me down...during the mating season and he was a very big stag, so I would be concerned if you turned your back on them."
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Greens agree that deer are feral pests

Post by Westy » 29 Jan 2015, 7:28 am

All can say is Yummy !!!! I love them feral buggers and who know might be able to swap them for some smack!!!!! LMFAO
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Jack V » 29 Jan 2015, 12:56 pm

"However, he said he did not think hunting was the solution " but he's doing it . It's funny how the ones having the most problems are the ones who will not let anyone on to hunt .
Jack V
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by lapp » 29 Jan 2015, 1:21 pm

Jack V wrote:It's funny how the ones having the most problems are the ones who will not let anyone on to hunt .

Well you know these kinds of people.

They're only happy when they're miserable.
lapp
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Streamline » 29 Jan 2015, 1:34 pm

Jack V wrote:"However, he said he did not think hunting was the solution " but he's doing it . It's funny how the ones having the most problems are the ones who will not let anyone on to hunt .

He's not the first green to get caught hunting either.

When they do it it's because they need to control numbers. There is a "need".

When ever anyone else wants to do it it's suddenly not on. Cruel, barbaric and dangerous! :roll:

Could be doing on the same day and he'd still be in the right while we're wrong.
Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker 30-06SPR
Sako M591 .243WIN
CZ ZKM 452 .22LR
Streamline
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Jack V » 29 Jan 2015, 4:52 pm

Streamline wrote:He's not the first green to get caught hunting either.

When they do it it's because they need to control numbers. There is a "need".

When ever anyone else wants to do it it's suddenly not on. Cruel, barbaric and dangerous! :roll:

Could be doing on the same day and he'd still be in the right while we're wrong.

100% right mate . The hypocrisy of these people is stunning .
Jack V
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 29 Jan 2015, 10:06 pm

Give him enough money and I'm sure he will say what ever you want him to :lol:

Money corrupts ;)
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Vati » 31 Jan 2015, 4:06 pm

Jack V wrote:100% right mate . The hypocrisy of these people is stunning .

All about their self-righteousness, stroking the ego and telling others what to do. Nothing more.
Reach out and touch...
Vati
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 31 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm

Maybe when ever these types do a media beat up to suit their own agenda, have all their hypocritical gems and totally ridiculous claims at the ready to re birth on social media.

The theory they and most politicians and media work by...throw enough s**t and some is bound to stick.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by dhv » 01 Feb 2015, 9:50 am

The greens will agree with anything that suits their one world government ( them) agenda.
dhv
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Norton » 02 Feb 2015, 2:43 pm

KWhorenet wrote:The theory they and most politicians and media work by...throw enough s**t and some is bound to stick.

It's worked for the Greens in the past.

It does seem over the last year or two people are wisening up though. Little by little at least.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 03 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm

The Greens want to be added to the list of pest species in New South Wales.

Agriculture spokesperson Jeremy Buckingham said the Greens party campaigned long and hard to have their evil spawn included on the list and Greens party should also be declared a pest as well.

He said the State Government needed to get serious about controlling a species that was a massive risk to both the environment, agriculture and Lafos everywhere.

"By declaring them a pest it means they have to come up with a management plan and they've got to put resources into controlling these animals," he said.

"They are spreading, they have a massive impact on natural ecosystems, they can spread disease, they can devastate the natural environment and they keep trying to take our guns."

The NSW Farmers Association agreed there was a problem with feral Greens mp's.

It wants to see a more strategic approach to all invasive pest species, both political and animals.

NSW Farmers Association conservation and resource management committee chair Mitchell Clapham said he was concern about the Greens party because of their potential to spread disease in the event of a major outbreak of things like foot and mouth.

"When we have such a large population of feral Greens that can carry exotic diseases...if we did have an outbreak and it headed into the pest animal population, then we have a major problem that would absolutely decimate our grazing industries."

Mr Clapham said he was also concerned about how pests like The Greens Party are controlled on public lands.

Towamba Valley apple grower Gary Kendall, from near Eden, said The Greens Party were causing widespread damage in his orchard.

"They'll come in and go right up the rows, plucking off the buds...and it takes two to three years before we actually get that fruit bud back again."

"No flower, no fruit!

Mr Kendall shoots The Greens Party Members to try and control numbers on his property.

"Normally if you get two you're doing pretty well because once the shot goes off they bolt."

The The Greens Party have also eaten his son's crop of beans.

Mr Kendall said the rules around hunting The Greens Party MP's were crazy.

However, he said he did not think cooking them in a stew was the solution.

"It's a major stress. I don't go to bed before one o'clock in the morning and I have to keep doing that every night."

Mr Kendall said he was also concerned for his wife's personal safety during the mating season.

He said The Greens Party have been known to kill some farmers in New Zealand.

"Basically, we have to have a rifle all the time ,so that whenever we see them we're prepared to shoot.

"I've had one stare me down...during the mating season and he was a very big ugly Greeny, so I would be concerned if you turned your back on them."
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by agentzero » 04 Feb 2015, 10:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
agentzero
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by inspector » 04 Feb 2015, 10:06 am

You've got a natural talent for journalism, pajamatime :)
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 04 Feb 2015, 11:44 am

The greens want deer listed as pests so they take game management away from hunters and destroy the deer hunting industry, the same industry that brings millions of dollars to the economy,

the listing would make keeping them an offence and force land owners to cull any and all deer on their property rather than manage herds for recreational hunting , it would however have little effect on deer numbers on public land

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 04 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm

pajamatime wrote:
The Greens want to be added to the list of pest species in New South Wales.

Agriculture spokesperson Jeremy Buckingham said the Greens party campaigned long and hard to have their evil spawn included on the list and Greens party should also be declared a pest as well.

He said the State Government needed to get serious about controlling a species that was a massive risk to both the environment, agriculture and Lafos everywhere.

"They are spreading, they have a massive impact on natural ecosystems, they can spread disease, they can devastate the natural environment and they keep trying to take our guns."

The NSW Farmers Association agreed there was a problem with feral Greens mp's.

It wants to see a more strategic approach to all invasive pest species, both political and animals.

NSW Farmers Association conservation and resource management committee chair Mitchell Clapham said he was concern about the Greens party because of their potential to spread disease in the event of a major outbreak of things like foot and mouth.

"When we have such a large population of feral Greens that can carry exotic diseases...if we did have an outbreak and it headed into the pest animal population, then we have a major problem that would absolutely decimate our grazing industries."

Mr Clapham said he was also concerned about how pests like The Greens Party are controlled on public lands.

Towamba Valley apple grower Gary Kendall, from near Eden, said The Greens Party were causing widespread damage in his orchard.

"No flower, no fruit!

Mr Kendall shoots The Greens Party Members to try and control numbers on his property.

The The Greens Party have also eaten his son's crop of beans.

Mr Kendall said the rules around hunting The Greens Party MP's were crazy.

However, he said he did not think cooking them in a stew was the solution.

He said The Greens Party have been known to kill some farmers in New Zealand.

"I've had one stare me down...during the mating season and he was a very big ugly Greeny, so I would be concerned if you turned your back on them."

Well done,i have sent a copy to a friend who is a greens supporter, I can't wait for his reaction.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by whert » 05 Feb 2015, 12:59 pm

Chronos wrote:The greens want deer listed as pests so they take game management away from hunters and destroy the deer hunting industry, the same industry that brings millions of dollars to the economy,

the listing would make keeping them an offence and force land owners to cull any and all deer on their property rather than manage herds for recreational hunting , it would however have little effect on deer numbers on public land

Laws vary but state obviously but here in VIC deer are a declared feral pest and as you'll know the getting is good for hunters here. And you can farm deer here.

NSW hunting scene is faaaarked :(
Weatherby Vanguard S2 .270 Winchester
Mossberg M464 30-30
Gamo Maxima .177
whert
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 08 Feb 2015, 12:56 pm

agentzero wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

<(OO<)...(>OO)>...<(OO<)

inspector wrote:You've got a natural talent for journalism, pajamatime :)

My wife thought so to. she was turning red laughing. Thanks for reading ^_^

Baronvonrort wrote:Well done,i have sent a copy to a friend who is a greens supporter, I can't wait for his reaction.

lol.

Thanks for reading.

Don't forget to get back to me about his/her reaction/s.
Last edited by pajamatime on 11 Feb 2015, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jack V » 08 Feb 2015, 6:11 pm

I have just had a thought ! What if this is a plan to weaken the Game Council in NSW . If deer are removed as a licenced game species and declared a pest then it follows that the average shooter will not have to have a GC licence to hunt them on private land. Many shooters might actually support that .
Jack V
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by ebr love » 10 Feb 2015, 11:00 am

Jack V wrote:I have just had a thought ! What if this is a plan to weaken the Game Council in NSW . If deer are removed as a licenced game species and declared a pest then it follows that the average shooter will not have to have a GC licence to hunt them on private land. Many shooters might actually support that .

I'd be almost certain the Greens involved weren't thinking of that when they started pushing this. It's a point though.

I would LOVE to see the look on their faces if this went through and they realised they'd accidentally made hunting more accessible :lol:
TIKKA T3 TAC .300 WIN MAG
HOW SPORTER 270 WIN
HOWA YOUTH .204 RUGER
MARLIN 1889 .38-40
ebr love
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics