Details on shots fired at Lindt cafe siege released

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Details on shots fired at Lindt cafe siege released

Post by Mich » 05 Feb 2015, 2:31 pm

Westy wrote:You lost all your rights the minute you threatened someone else's

:thumbsup:
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by anthillinside » 16 Feb 2015, 11:12 pm

Westy wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:I think the policy of waiting for the offender to fire first is flawed, by acting after the offender shoots someone it will always result in a gunfight risking others.

The best option is for the Police to shoot them at the first opportunity and avoid a gunfight, whether they use a head/heart shot or shoot to disable is debateable.

If you hold someone hostage with a gun don't whinge to me if a cop shoots you.

Amen.

You lost all your rights the minute you threatened someone else's life after that you wear the consequences !!!I guess the Law firms wouldn't have a job if the world rolled that way :?: :?: :?:

:friends: :drinks:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 17 Feb 2015, 12:18 pm

It appears the young kid locked all the victims in the café at the request of his boss who was killed.

Being told to lock the doors with customers inside for no reason should sound a clear warning, I would suggest disobeying a boss who gives this order and walking out instead of locking everyone inside.

If a kid tried to lock me inside I would threaten him until he let me out,i cannot think of any reason that would justify locking people inside a shop and surely that would be against the law to detain people for no reason.

The kid was young and stupid,hopefully he will outgrow that phase.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Supporter » 18 Feb 2015, 12:05 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:I cannot think of any reason that would justify locking people inside a shop and surely that would be against the law to detain people for no reason.

It is illegal. Comes under the "deprivation of liberty" .

"Acts intended to unlawfully deprive another person of their freedom of movement against that person's will or against the will of any parent, guardian or other person having lawful custody or care of that person."
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by headspace » 22 Feb 2015, 9:50 am

There's always a lot of second guessing in these situations but I thing 11 flash bangs in that confined space was a bit much. The better weapon for CQB (close quarter battle) is a Heckler and Koch MP in 9mm. AR's are far better in longer range scuffles. However the blokes on the ground did their job probably knowing they could get shot or blown up, and one casualty in that sort of thing is usually considered light. After 22 rounds the target dick head must have been well sorted anyway.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 22 Feb 2015, 10:32 am

Here's what I think
Attachments
!cid_6DCC309E-27B2-4BE8-A0FF-A43313E1F894@gateway.jpg
!cid_6DCC309E-27B2-4BE8-A0FF-A43313E1F894@gateway.jpg (33.83 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by hoofit » 23 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm

That guy looks on par with the happiest bloke I've ever seen.

All over killing anyone who doesn't agree with him :| :thumbsdown:
hoofit
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Westy » 23 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He just found out he's gotten Australian Citizenship and he will be a kept man for life!!!!!!
That's why he's smiling
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by anthillinside » 23 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

^^^^^ Ain't it the bloody truth
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Joom » 24 Feb 2015, 9:06 am

headspace wrote:There's always a lot of second guessing in these situations but I thing 11 flash bangs in that confined space was a bit much. The better weapon for CQB (close quarter battle) is a Heckler and Koch MP in 9mm. AR's are far better in longer range scuffles. However the blokes on the ground did their job probably knowing they could get shot or blown up, and one casualty in that sort of thing is usually considered light. After 22 rounds the target dick head must have been well sorted anyway.

It's easy to criticize after the fact, and there has been no shortage of that.

I will admit that the first thing that came to mind when I read '11 flashbands' and '22 rounds' for one guy is that it sounds excessive.

But then if you think the guy could be running out of the way, the cops were moving, who knows what obstructions were there. Also the guy got off one shot at the cops I think?

With all that, 11 from each of the breaching cops isn't really a lot I don't think.
Remington 700 and... Who needs another rifle?
Joom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics