Details on shots fired at Lindt cafe siege released

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Details on shots fired at Lindt cafe siege released

Post by 1290 » 30 Jan 2015, 9:11 pm

warrigul... you're a crackup...the old fancy crystal trick...
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Warrigul » 31 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm

How bloody good am I, three of us drank four litres of Golden oak SPECIAL port last night and I still managed to get up at eight rebuild the alternator, change the water water pump, timing belt and tensioner in the 2.4 diesel and the old girl is ready to go(only lost a little bit of skin on the backs of my hands).

Actually I might have a nanna nap now.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by 1290 » 31 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

Warrigul wrote:How bloody good am I, three of us drank four litres of Golden oak SPECIAL port last night and I still managed to get up at eight rebuild the alternator, change the water water pump, timing belt and tensioner in the 2.4 diesel and the old girl is ready to go(only lost a little bit of skin on the backs of my hands).

Actually I might have a nanna nap now.

yeah, but you didnt mention the 17 spare parts left over, little screws, washers, springs, hand full of nuts, a couple of those funny shaped things that surely werent meant to be in there and a couple of brown and blue wires.....

See if she turns over before your nap :P
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Westy » 31 Jan 2015, 4:11 pm

North East wrote:It only takes one....let it rest.

I said was why not send in the dogs and you all of a sudden new so much better!!! I'm no troll but your sounding like something that goes Oink oink!!!! :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

I give you hint my grandfather used japs heads for target practise and the old man was trained to drop napalm on Chinamen in Korea so I think I might have been trained to know the difference between bulls**t and clay!!!!

I feel sorry for the cops who were put in a tight spot and as for the hostages it shouldn't be happing in Our great country!!!

The failure was the justice system that failed to keep this GRUB detained in the first instance and some high paid heads should be rolling over this incidence!!!!! :geek: :wtf: :ugeek:

All I was looking for how it could have gone down with out the lost of a poor women and the manager who was as we all new from the get go, she/ He was calatral damage!!!!! This is bloody awefull and in a perfect world she/He would be with us now!!!!
and for my effort I get called a loud mouth
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by sha » 01 Feb 2015, 12:27 pm

Warrigul wrote:I can't go shooting as the alternator out of my hilux is on the bench in pieces so I think i'll go and have a gutful, ciao.

You should try put it in the engine bay.

Usually works better :P
Savage Axis The Definition of Accuracy

Savage 93 .22 WMR
Savage 93R17 .17 HMR
Savage 110FP .308 WIN
sha
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Warrigul » 01 Feb 2015, 12:47 pm

I had pulled it down, skimmed the commutator ready to reassemble with new brushes and bearings when a forklift driver decided to knock the safety valve assembly on a receiver and I had to scramble to replace a leaking pressure relief valve.

Never quite got back to the job afterwards....
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by Herdsman » 03 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm

It's the way of the trade.

A mechanics place is always full of broken things they're completely capable of fixing but never do :lol:
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by cuvy » 04 Feb 2015, 7:30 am

Westy wrote:
Yep that's me but we now have 3 people dead because the whole siege was Cluster f*** ( caused by the authority's) and because I'm a loud mouth that's the reason!!!! :wtf: :crazy: :wtf: He was know to the authority's and he was a head case, yep they f***ed it up real good IMHO :o :shock: :o

But I'm a loud mouth for surjesting a few ideas that I might even have some idea about!!!Tell me North East are you trained in these situations if not just piss off will you Nob Head!!!!

I can imagine the media response if the police had just taken him out before he got a chance to hurt any of the hostages.... "Brutal police murder peace loving priest" or similar.

I think the Police were in a pretty complicated situation, and whilst maybe they contributed to one of the deaths, they still did pretty well.
cuvy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by cooker » 04 Feb 2015, 10:18 am

cuvy wrote:I can imagine the media response if the police had just taken him out before he got a chance to hurt any of the hostages.... "Brutal police murder peace loving priest" or similar.

Sometimes they can't win either way.

As I said earlier, if someone takes hostages with a weapon I say they've forfeited any rights to being heard or treated civilly.

If you can't win either way, still best to just drop the guy before he has the chance to hurt anyone IMO.
cooker
Private
Private

New Zealand

Post by Westy » 04 Feb 2015, 10:37 am

cooker wrote:Sometimes they can't win either way.

As I said earlier, if someone takes hostages with a weapon I say they've forfeited any rights to being heard or treated civilly.

If you can't win either way, still best to just drop the guy before he has the chance to hurt anyone IMO.

x 2 Cooker :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As they say dead men don't do anything
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 04 Feb 2015, 12:24 pm

I think the policy of waiting for the offender to fire first is flawed, by acting after the offender shoots someone it will always result in a gunfight risking others.

The best option is for the Police to shoot them at the first opportunity and avoid a gunfight, whether they use a head/heart shot or shoot to disable is debateable.

If you hold someone hostage with a gun don't whinge to me if a cop shoots you.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 04 Feb 2015, 8:11 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:I think the policy of waiting for the offender to fire first is flawed, by acting after the offender shoots someone it will always result in a gunfight risking others.

The best option is for the Police to shoot them at the first opportunity and avoid a gunfight, whether they use a head/heart shot or shoot to disable is debateable.

Amen.

You lost all your rights the minute you threatened someone else's life after that you wear the consequences !!!I guess the Law firms wouldn't have a job if the world rolled that way :?: :?: :?:
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Mich » 05 Feb 2015, 2:31 pm

Westy wrote:You lost all your rights the minute you threatened someone else's

:thumbsup:
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by anthillinside » 16 Feb 2015, 11:12 pm

Westy wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:I think the policy of waiting for the offender to fire first is flawed, by acting after the offender shoots someone it will always result in a gunfight risking others.

Amen.

You lost all your rights the minute you threatened someone else's life after that you wear the consequences !!!I guess the Law firms wouldn't have a job if the world rolled that way :?: :?: :?:

:friends: :drinks:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 17 Feb 2015, 12:18 pm

It appears the young kid locked all the victims in the café at the request of his boss who was killed.

Being told to lock the doors with customers inside for no reason should sound a clear warning, I would suggest disobeying a boss who gives this order and walking out instead of locking everyone inside.

If a kid tried to lock me inside I would threaten him until he let me out,i cannot think of any reason that would justify locking people inside a shop and surely that would be against the law to detain people for no reason.

The kid was young and stupid,hopefully he will outgrow that phase.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Supporter » 18 Feb 2015, 12:05 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:I cannot think of any reason that would justify locking people inside a shop and surely that would be against the law to detain people for no reason.

It is illegal. Comes under the "deprivation of liberty" .

"Acts intended to unlawfully deprive another person of their freedom of movement against that person's will or against the will of any parent, guardian or other person having lawful custody or care of that person."
Winchester 1894 30-30
Howa Varminter .204 Ruger
Savage Model 10/110 Trophy Hunter XP 30-06 Springfield
Supporter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by headspace » 22 Feb 2015, 9:50 am

There's always a lot of second guessing in these situations but I thing 11 flash bangs in that confined space was a bit much. The better weapon for CQB (close quarter battle) is a Heckler and Koch MP in 9mm. AR's are far better in longer range scuffles. However the blokes on the ground did their job probably knowing they could get shot or blown up, and one casualty in that sort of thing is usually considered light. After 22 rounds the target dick head must have been well sorted anyway.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 22 Feb 2015, 10:32 am

Here's what I think
Attachments
!cid_6DCC309E-27B2-4BE8-A0FF-A43313E1F894@gateway.jpg
!cid_6DCC309E-27B2-4BE8-A0FF-A43313E1F894@gateway.jpg (33.83 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by hoofit » 23 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm

That guy looks on par with the happiest bloke I've ever seen.

All over killing anyone who doesn't agree with him :| :thumbsdown:
hoofit
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by Westy » 23 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
He just found out he's gotten Australian Citizenship and he will be a kept man for life!!!!!!
That's why he's smiling
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by anthillinside » 23 Feb 2015, 7:59 pm

^^^^^ Ain't it the bloody truth
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Joom » 24 Feb 2015, 9:06 am

headspace wrote:There's always a lot of second guessing in these situations but I thing 11 flash bangs in that confined space was a bit much. The better weapon for CQB (close quarter battle) is a Heckler and Koch MP in 9mm. AR's are far better in longer range scuffles. However the blokes on the ground did their job probably knowing they could get shot or blown up, and one casualty in that sort of thing is usually considered light. After 22 rounds the target dick head must have been well sorted anyway.

It's easy to criticize after the fact, and there has been no shortage of that.

I will admit that the first thing that came to mind when I read '11 flashbands' and '22 rounds' for one guy is that it sounds excessive.

But then if you think the guy could be running out of the way, the cops were moving, who knows what obstructions were there. Also the guy got off one shot at the cops I think?

With all that, 11 from each of the breaching cops isn't really a lot I don't think.
Remington 700 and... Who needs another rifle?
Joom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics