Woman kills herself trying to adjust her bra holster

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Woman kills herself trying to adjust her bra holster

Post by bigfellascott » 23 Feb 2015, 6:07 pm

Westy wrote:Yep I think she was running up the stairs and the nipple grabbed the trigger or so they say !!!!!! :lol: :D :lol:
To be honest I doubt it even happened and yet it's true because it's on the internet!!! :crazy: :huh: :wtf:

These Yanks sure are furken crazy, not sure I'd have one chambered and running around with a safety on (certainly not strapped to the chest like she had it!) they take the state of readiness to the extremes and risk their own lives in the process, same with that lady that had a gun in her handbag and the kid found it and shot the silly bitch, I'm pretty sure there was another one the other day under similar circumstances. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Tinked » 24 Feb 2015, 9:18 am

bigfellascott wrote:same with that lady that had a gun in her handbag and the kid found it

Have you seen that one of the guy in the restaurant in Iraq, I think that's where it is.

Anyway.

I don't know WTF this idiot is doing but he sits there for a while holding his pistol up in the air so everyone can see. Not saying anything, not threatening anyway, just being seen.

He has a kid with him who's about 4 or something, gives the pistol too him. The kid is pointing it around, waving it all over dad. He can barely grasp the thing and in his fumbling for a better grip shoots dad point blank in the stomach.

The kid is pointing it at him for a minute or two while the dad just stand there, seemingly proud of what he's doing.

f*** knows what's going through his mind in doing this :unknown:
Tinked
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by 1290 » 24 Feb 2015, 9:30 am

Brute wrote:Above post..

Geez I dunno, it's border line...

Training required to know not to look down the barrel of a gun?

Do people need training to not hold the point to your chest while you walk around the kitchen?

Despite her best intentions, leaning towards Darwin here...

Well, frankly yes. You dont think training in the safe handling in firearm is necessary? Especially pistols carried with one in the chamber?

I think it would be a Darwin hopeful had she have been playing RRoulette with a revolver, better still with a pistol..... its been done :crazy:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Feb 2015, 10:46 am

Tinked wrote:Have you seen that one of the guy in the restaurant in Iraq, I think that's where it is.

Anyway.

I don't know WTF this idiot is doing but he sits there for a while holding his pistol up in the air so everyone can see. Not saying anything, not threatening anyway, just being seen.

He has a kid with him who's about 4 or something, gives the pistol too him. The kid is pointing it around, waving it all over dad. He can barely grasp the thing and in his fumbling for a better grip shoots dad point blank in the stomach.

The kid is pointing it at him for a minute or two while the dad just stand there, seemingly proud of what he's doing.

f*** knows what's going through his mind in doing this :unknown:

Probably a bullet if he lets the kid handle it again - we can only hope!! :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Brute » 25 Feb 2015, 1:47 pm

1290 wrote:Well, frankly yes. You dont think training in the safe handling in firearm is necessary? Especially pistols carried with one in the chamber?

I think it would be a Darwin hopeful had she have been playing RRoulette with a revolver, better still with a pistol..... its been done :crazy:

I completely agree safe handling and training is important.

Just saying re: this being a Darwin award or not, there is a difference between not being trained, and doing something really f***ing stupid.

Ask a random person in the street who's never touched a firearm in their life is it safe to have a loaded pistol strapped to your chest while you fiddle with your bra, surely people can figure that one out without help.....

I dunno, just saying....
The Hammer of Dawn
Brute
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Westy » 25 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

Maybe she should have started by wearing a training Bra????
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Eduardo » 03 Mar 2015, 12:48 am

The anti-gunners over here jumped all over this one over here.
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by Herdsman » 03 Mar 2015, 9:37 am

Eduardo wrote:The anti-gunners over here jumped all over this one over here.

Hi Eduardo,

What's the state of affairs over there regarding training and teaching good handling?

It's a sensible enough thing IMO but I don't believe there is any training course or requirements etc. over there?

Do any of the gun-lobby folk raise this as an improvement for the state of things over there or to placate the anti's? Or they won't entertain the idea of any mandatory training?
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics