Glen McGrath.....

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Glen McGrath.....

Post by 1290 » 21 Feb 2015, 6:09 pm

So he once went on a Safari....and now the media got hold of the photos...

I really hate the media and the way they seek to propogandise against anything shooting and hunting...
Unfortunately in our modern times, many people learn their social norms from the media, whether print, online or televised.

I despise their language; they introduce the story with "EWW, AHHH, GLENN MCGRATH: Cricketer cops it over vile pics"

Vile? you stupid bunch of morons, there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of Aussies who enjoy this recreation....hunting, whether for food, control of ferals and vermin or PERISH THE THOUGHT FOR FUN!!!

Worse of all... this gutless twat, McGrath, after he was 'busted'... goes the apology, deep regret? he was obviously enjoying this once in a lifetime for many opportunity.... gutless...pandering excuse...couldnt lose the worship of the animal rights/green/ retard section of society now...

story here
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: Glen McGrath.....

Post by Baldrick314 » 21 Feb 2015, 6:41 pm

That's pathetic! I expect the media to condemn him because that's the norm but for him to apologise and say it was "highly inappropriate" is just ridiculous. I just lost all respect for him
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by tom604 » 21 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm

yeah a bit of a soft c**k with the apology. if he had just left it after the licensed/ legal bit i would of thought he was okay but not now :thumbsdown:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Westy » 21 Feb 2015, 7:36 pm

Him AND SHANE WARNE WERE ALWAYS A PACK OF WANKERS BUT AFTER ALL CRICKET IS A SPORT FOR BOREING WANKERS ANYWAYS!!!!!
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Warrigul » 21 Feb 2015, 8:38 pm

Westy wrote:Him AND SHANE WARNE WERE ALWAYS A PACK OF WANKERS BUT AFTER ALL CRICKET IS A SPORT FOR BOREING WANKERS ANYWAYS!!!!!

Glen was an advocate for the shooting sports, I don't know what has gone wrong.

He has just proved he is another spineless celeb.

And yes warnie always was and always will be a wanker.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by valkyrie » 21 Feb 2015, 9:33 pm

I tell you what im only 20 and im already so sick of the city driven media demonising everything that made this country great. We are fast becoming a spineless nanny state where you need a bloody permit to walk down the street. Its a tragedy and this is yet another example
Remington 700 sf .308
Mossberg 4x4 22-250
Brno model 1 .22
Trusty 12 gauge
valkyrie
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Westy » 22 Feb 2015, 6:22 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And this right here is the greatest tragedy of all when out 20 yr olds have lost faith in our Governments and leaders !!!!!!!!!!!

it took me till my 40's to become so Cynical!!!!LOL
Serious though it's a bloody shame that we are being led blindly down the track by the media which has only one agenda ,which is to make as much money while having complete control of the Australian people with false or misleading information.... Might be time Abbott had a Royal Commission into Channel 9 and 7 and Aunty and their criminal behaviour...Damm that's right they were funding the LNP and Alp @ the last election!!!Go figure :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by headspace » 22 Feb 2015, 9:39 am

I'd say at rough guess that McGrath offered the limp apology because he was worried the foundation he set up after the death of his wife might be affected. However it just shows how fearful anyone with a high profile is in regard to the "Meeja". The bastards have got everyone jumping at shadows. The fact is that he was pursuing a legitimate hunt that bought money into the country and fed a lot of locals. The bloody Buffalo and Hyena's are not endangered, but the Elephant shot could have been the tipping point. I any case as usual the media slogan of "if it bleeds it leads" was well represented.
JD
If it's not wood and blued steel, it's not one of mine
headspace
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Westy » 22 Feb 2015, 10:35 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I could understand if he shot the blood Elephant at the circus but it was in central Africa from all reports????
Bugger me what about the women and the children!!!!!
Westy
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by KWhorenet » 22 Feb 2015, 10:57 am

I guess it makes for a hard argument against elephant poachers doing it for money when people can also pay money to shoot them legally...

Was it a rogue elephant or just culled for some other reason?
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by anthillinside » 22 Feb 2015, 11:34 am

Past History, his histrory for him to deal with.
I don't give a rats.
I never understand the hero worship of sports people.
If their good at what they do and enjoy it and they entertain me then thats enough.
Do I wan't to be like them F NO, why we call them "Role Models" is a mystery to me, espcialy when the majority of "news" about them is negitave, media hype or not.
This hasn't changed what I think about him one bit, mainly because I never think about him. :mrgreen:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by disco2 » 22 Feb 2015, 12:10 pm

I'm with you Westy.

The bloody gutless Journo who wrote the article did not even have the balls to attach his/her name to the article in the newspaper/rag. Every other article in the paper has a 'name' attached to it. As Glen stated, the activity is legal.

There needs to be a Royal Commission into bloody newspapers, their Editors and their employed Journo's who overstep the 'Freedom of the Press ' mark way too often. Glen should sue these bastards ( Murdoch) for defamation. And sure he probably apologised just because the article can/will damage his Foundation, and I can see his point.

The 'whole' story is probably in complete contrast to the way it has been portrayed. May well have been a 'rogue' Elephant. But what I do understand is that all the meat from these 'kills' goes to feed the populace.

Cheers

Disco
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
disco2
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 22 Feb 2015, 12:51 pm

The media PREDICTABLY ran the anti-hunt save the poor animal how could you shoot an innocent animal line..... no author is SOP for running these stories. And the reams of comments spouting the standard save the animal, horrible disgust killing living people (dont forget animals are people, according to FUPETA) and of course the old chestnut why kill an animal when its available in the supermarket, killed somehow more 'humanely' because pictures of it dead were not taken possible...

Try to get your you pro-gun pro-hunt comment with a bit of fact published.... I no longer waste my time.

I already have zero time for the sporting 'hero' idolatry, we should really stop the literal worship of these guys (and girls) who swing a bat, swing a racket, kick a ball, ride a bike, drive a car or whatever because they are really... and I know its hard for many to accept - JUST like us.however remunerated to stratospheric level, for their strenuous hours or so work... on top of which, so many of them have made the headlines for the wrong reasons.

The way I see it, the issue isnt the predictable blow back from the antis.....the issue is that this guy is a coward.
It was his passion back then, if not still today and if he really felt the need to respond to the 'torrent of bad press'.... then say that. "My interest is no longer big game hunting, I had always wanted to go on a safari, so I did" ...but he didnt, he tried to distance himself with a ridiculous statement SOLELY to preserve his business interests because he knows that the vocal minority would wage a ravaging campaign to tarnish then destroy his $name$ and everything associated with him.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 22 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

Exactly!

But it's no longer a suprise, it's exactly what I expect of all of them, media, anti's, celeb's poly's the bloody lot, all a total waste of space.

One day I'll even stop getting slightly anoyed by it all, then I'll be truely happy.
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Guliver » 22 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm

Westy wrote:Him AND SHANE WARNE WERE ALWAYS A PACK OF WANKERS BUT AFTER ALL CRICKET IS A SPORT FOR BOREING WANKERS ANYWAYS!!!!!

I'm no cricket fan, but your statement is as illogical as those of folks who bag hunters. He may be a wanker IYO, but his choice of sports has nothing to do with it.
Last edited by Guliver on 23 Feb 2015, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guliver
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Aster » 23 Feb 2015, 7:41 am

Deleted a post here... Watch the images which bypass the swear filter guys.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by inspector » 23 Feb 2015, 7:44 am

tom604 wrote:yeah a bit of a soft c**k with the apology. if he had just left it after the licensed/ legal bit i would of thought he was okay but not now :thumbsdown:

Only doing it to be PC and keep the industry/sponsors happy.

Understandable if your pay packet is riding on it I guess. Still leaves a bit of a bad taste though :|
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 23 Feb 2015, 9:44 am

inspector wrote:Only doing it to be PC and keep the industry/sponsors happy.

Understandable if your pay packet is riding on it I guess. Still leaves a bit of a bad taste though :|

while at the same time disrespecting a huge section of the Aussie community, who either undertake or aspire to undertake legal / lawful and generally environmentally 'effective' activities of hunting *any* animal.

..... by classifying their behaviour and activities as INAPPROPRIATE!

The way I see it; its a big EFFYOU to this guy and all who agree with his statement.

We as humans evolved over what, hundreds of thousands of years??by hunting animals, and consuming the fat and protein to get to where we are biologically / physiologically today..... yet in the last 20 or 30 years the vocal minority (generally the same group of people) seek to deny that evolution and convert us to bean curd and gluten free organic everything....

I like meat, I like it even more when I kill it too. I refused to use the term 'harvest' as theyre not veggies in a garden or 'dispatch'.. That spade is a spade.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Baronvonrort » 23 Feb 2015, 11:21 am

1290 wrote:while at the same time disrespecting a huge section of the Aussie community, who either undertake or aspire to undertake legal / lawful and generally environmentally 'effective' activities of hunting *any* animal.

..... by classifying their behaviour and activities as INAPPROPRIATE!

The way I see it; its a big EFFYOU to this guy and all who agree with his statement.

We as humans evolved over what, hundreds of thousands of years??by hunting animals, and consuming the fat and protein to get to where we are biologically / physiologically today..... yet in the last 20 or 30 years the vocal minority (generally the same group of people) seek to deny that evolution and convert us to bean curd and gluten free organic everything....

The media-leftists-greens never complain about Aborigines hunting they say that is a culture preserved, when they single out non-Aborigines for hunting saying it's an inappropriate bloodsport are they being racist?

Why is it acceptable for one race to hunt and inappropriate for another to hunt, is this discriminating against people because of race which is illegal?
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Warrigul » 23 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

Last week I ended the lives of:

5 x bennetts wallaby
78 x rufous wallaby (give or take one or two)
14 x native hens
9 x rabbits
2 x crows

The only thing I felt was recoil and the bite of an inchman.

Is this morally, legally or ethically wrong?

Do I care?

Should I care?

Will someone step in one day and try to ban it? Probably.

Who will try and do this? It will be city people easily led by a tiny pack of extremeists.

Will they look into the reasons why I do this? Will they provide an alternative for the farmers?

What can I do about it? NOTHING.

I do know we lost one of our most prominent advocates when McGrath rolled over and made that statement and it is very disappointing.
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by inspector » 24 Feb 2015, 3:09 pm

1290 wrote:The way I see it; its a big EFFYOU to this guy and all who agree with his statement.

I was just saying it's an understandable response when his livelihood will be effected by his response. I didn't say I agree.

He's not a gun lobbyist, he's a cricket commentator. He did what he did to protect his job, not his hobby.

What other response would you expect really...
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 24 Feb 2015, 3:33 pm

inspector, the effyou isnt to you - its to this cricketing 'legend'.... and I'm sure he'd be OK if he lost a couple of sponsors...really... so it purely pandering to the PC norms AT THE EXPENSE OF SHOOTERS
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Jack V » 24 Feb 2015, 7:34 pm

The media-leftists-greens never complain about Aborigines hunting they say that is a culture preserved, when they single out non-Aborigines for hunting saying it's an inappropriate bloodsport are they being racist?

Why is it acceptable for one race to hunt and inappropriate for another to hunt, is this discriminating against people because of race which is illegal?

Yep and this is another reason why I am angry with the SSAA . They should be using the Millions we give them to sue the Government and the Media on our behalf . The NRA in the US does it all the time.

The gun owner / hunter is the most vilified and discriminated against in the country but our own association will not stand up for us in court .
Jack V
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by inspector » 25 Feb 2015, 8:06 am

1290 wrote:inspector, the effyou isnt to you - its to this cricketing 'legend'....

Yep, I knew that wasn't directed at me. :drinks:
inspector
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Bourt » 25 Feb 2015, 8:07 am

Baronvonrort wrote:The media-leftists-greens never complain about Aborigines hunting they say that is a culture preserved, when they single out non-Aborigines for hunting saying it's an inappropriate bloodsport are they being racist?

Politicking.

If anyone said Aborigines should no longer be able to hunt they'd get called racist and culturally insensitive.
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 28 Feb 2015, 12:19 pm

Once upon a time men were traditionally hunters bringing home some dead animal for dinner while the women gathered.

Today women find shopping fits in well with their gathering instincts, while men are vilified for hunting.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by inervate » 28 Feb 2015, 1:08 pm

Hunting for dollars at the office cubicle?

Not quite the same...
Weatherby Varmintmaster .224 Wby Mag
Tikka T3 Hunter Fluted 30-06
Marlin 57M Levermatic .22 Win Mag
inervate
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Baz460 » 28 Feb 2015, 7:10 pm

Dear Glen.

Seeing that you have decided to join the Kum By Yah Singers, who Sit Around the Campfire, Roasting Marshmellow ,Holding Hands and Praying for world Peace.......................Can I please have your Double Rifle.

PS. I will pay the freight.
Baz460
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by tripletwo » 01 Mar 2015, 9:01 am

Baz460 wrote:Can I please have your Double Rifle.

PS. I will pay the freight.

:lol:
tripletwo
Recruit
Recruit

Northern Territory

Return to Firearms related media and politics