Prime Minister Abbott Said What Now

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Prime Minister Abbott Said What Now

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Mar 2015, 9:27 am

Yep he nailed it, there is nothing stopping them from cleaning themselves up and getting a job.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Warrigul » 14 Mar 2015, 9:36 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Yep he nailed it, there is nothing stopping them from cleaning themselves up and getting a job.

What you mean white people?
Warrigul
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by coroboreeboy » 14 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Yep he nailed it, there is nothing stopping them from cleaning themselves up and getting a job.

Do you really think that being illiterate doesn't stop you from getting a job?
It's hard enough for anyone without qualifications to get a job these days, let alone someone who can't read or write.
There are a lot of things stopping aboriginal people from "cleaning themselves up and getting a job".
The young ones might stand a chance if they can get off the community, find somewhere to live that they can afford while they're out of work, find their way through the maze of Centrelink unhelpfulness, but for adults, it is a lost cause.
Sorry mate, but trotting out tired old clichés like the above doesn't help.
Tony A's comments definitely don't help.
Actually, I don't think anything can help. It really is a lost cause. Some years ago, I thought that I could make a difference, I wasted a lot of time, money, emotion, trying to help.
Sorry mate, but it really is a complex issue, and one sentence statements like yours show a complete ignorance of the reality of the situation.
Don't mean to be insulting, this is not a personal attack, but you do not appear to have the faintest idea what you are talking about.
coroboreeboy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by anthillinside » 15 Mar 2015, 6:52 am

OK this is also not an attack on indigenous or any other group, it's my personal experience and view.
I came from a poverty stricken broken home so by definition I should be a drug addicted petty criminal constantly in and out of court living on the dole.
Minimal schooling, had to get out and earn money ASAP.
I didn’t get paid to go to school like the aboriginal kids at the end of the street.
We got no help from government or even charity organizations, we weren’t “Christian” enough and had a Germanic background so suffered our own type of discrimination.
Long story short I worked hard and improved my situation.
I’m better of now than my parent and most of the kids I grew up with.
I’m by no means rich and the future is still uncertain but I hope my kids will have an easier run, I know they have so far.
I’m still bitter about lots of things in the past, probably racist, sexist and any other tag you want to use.
I’ll still bitch about the rich, big business and government ripping us off, dole bludgers, un married mothers and other welfare cheats, I’ve never been on the dole and hope I never have to be.
But I have no sympathy for people who blame circumstances or others for their personal situation.
The tax payer provides for people who can’t provide for themselves as they should.
There is only one person who controls your life YOU.
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics