Greens target arms fairs

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Libel and Slander in my opinion

Post by KWhorenet » 23 Mar 2015, 8:43 am

Yelp wrote:
KWhorenet wrote:Desperate and slanderous.

Spot on.

I would go as far to say I feel the type of vitriol and grotesque prejudice that gets spouted and published by the Greens against shooters and hunters could fall under 'Defamation' against the collective group...why should we feel ostracized for enjoying LEGAL activities and hobbies?

"Libel and Slander

Two torts that involve the communication of false information about a person, a group, or an entity such as a corporation. Libel is any Defamation that can be seen, such as a writing, printing, effigy, movie, or statue. Slander is any defamation that is spoken and heard.

Collectively known as defamation, libel and slander are civil wrongs that harm a reputation; decrease respect, regard, or confidence; or induce disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against an individual or entity. The injury to one's good name or reputation is affected through written or spoken words or visual images. The laws governing these torts are identical.

To recover in a libel or slander suit, the plaintiff must show evidence of four elements: that the defendant conveyed a defamatory message; that the material was published, meaning that it was conveyed to someone other than the plaintiff; that the plaintiff could be identified as the person referred to in the defamatory material; and that the plaintiff suffered some injury to his or her reputation as a result of the communication."
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Re: Greens target arms fairs

Post by trekin » 24 Mar 2015, 8:29 am

The hard part is proving, to the satisfaction of a court, the the last element "that the plaintiff suffered some injury to his or her reputation as a result of the communication.", particularly as a group. As an individual, your chances may be better, but very few of us can afford, cash wise, to do this. However it is something that badly needs doing.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ken » 24 Mar 2015, 3:23 pm

SSAA... *poke poke*

Seems like something they could spearhead.
Whatever you do, don't look at the mayonnaise...
Ken
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm

Frankly I think some of the greenies could be jealous of us. I consider my self a conservationist/greenie. We actually do some thing that helps the environment. We destroy the introduced pests that cause some native species to go extinct. And if natives are shot it is done to manage an over population problem. They just winge about it, but do nothing.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Aussier » 25 Mar 2015, 12:40 pm

The political party has made "green" a 4 letter word.

I do my best not to waste anything... Food, power etc. I'm conscious of recycling, reusing and repurposing things wherever possible.

I always take my rubbish plus half a bag left behind by other people when I'm in the bush.

I hunt, for food or to destroy invasive and damaging pests.

If you'd asked me 25 years ago I'd happily have said I'm "Green".

Saying it these days is like a declaration "I'm a do gooder zealot who doesn't know what I'm taking about, but that won't stop me from judging and criticizing others. Behold my pedestal. Give me praise for being vocal but not taking any action."
Aussier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Ariat » 25 Mar 2015, 12:41 pm

Ken wrote:SSAA... *poke poke*

Seems like something they could spearhead.

*tumble weed rolls by*

:lol:
Ariat
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics