Another Hunter attacked for hunting

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Another Hunter attacked for hunting

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Apr 2015, 7:16 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Another Hunter attacked for hunting

Post by Shorti85 » 14 Apr 2015, 8:06 pm

That's impressive with a bow
if you don't get stuck, your not trying hard enough
Shorti85
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by prodel » 16 Apr 2015, 12:43 am

I have to ask...

Hunting a giraffe :?

Where's the sport/purpose in that?
prodel
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Apr 2015, 6:38 am

prodel wrote:I have to ask...

Food for the villagers I'd imagine, also there may well be an overpopulation issue too. Also they pay quite a few $$$ to shoot these types of animals so that money helps the villagers by supplying them with a job and income, all done very sustainably from my understanding (only certain No's each year are culled for varying reasons.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Ken » 16 Apr 2015, 2:38 pm

They're just jealous because she's pretty :lol:
Whatever you do, don't look at the mayonnaise...
Ken
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by AlanK » 16 Apr 2015, 3:13 pm

Didn't miss the opportunity for a little jab at McGrath at the end there I see.
AlanK
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by prodel » 16 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Food for the villagers I'd imagine, also there may well be an overpopulation issue too. Also they pay quite a few $$$ to shoot these types of animals so that money helps the villagers by supplying them with a job and income, all done very sustainably from my understanding (only certain No's each year are culled for varying reasons.

Makes sense.

P.S. Reading my first post I realise I sounded a bit judgemental which I didn't mean to.

Enjoy the giraffe steaks villagers :lol:
prodel
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 16 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm

prodel wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Food for the villagers I'd imagine, also there may well be an overpopulation issue too. Also they pay quite a few $$$ to shoot these types of animals so that money helps the villagers by supplying them with a job and income, all done very sustainably from my understanding (only certain No's each year are culled for varying reasons.

Makes sense.

P.S. Reading my first post I realise I sounded a bit judgemental which I didn't mean to.

As far as I'm aware the Giraffe was culled (not sure what the reason was) but they sell the rights to cull them to hunters from what I can gather, which obviously helps the villagers out also (don't think there's too much in the way of employment ops for those folk) so any money would be greatly appreciated I would think.

They do it with hippo's and Elephants too, a certain number get culled each year to keep the population in check and the rights are sold to hunters and the meat goes to the villagers and I would imagine some money also. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by David Brown » 16 Apr 2015, 11:15 pm

This topic needs defending……A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by inventurkey » 17 Apr 2015, 11:04 am

bigfellascott wrote:As far as I'm aware the Giraffe was culled (not sure what the reason was) but they sell the rights to cull them to hunters from what I can gather, which obviously helps the villagers out also (don't think there's too much in the way of employment ops for those folk) so any money would be greatly appreciated I would think.

It's big money too.

I haven't gone but I've seen price like $10,000 and $15,000 for some of the African five.
Savage Axis Stainless in .308
Tikka Lite .22-250 Rem
inventurkey
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by wrenchman » 18 Apr 2015, 2:17 am

she could come hunt in my camp she is a hole lot easyer on the eyes in the morning then the guys i hunt with
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by 1290 » 18 Apr 2015, 8:58 am

prodel wrote:I have to ask...

if you have to ask.... then you just dont get it.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 18 Apr 2015, 9:18 am

bigfellascott wrote:
prodel wrote:

Makes sense.

As far as I'm aware the Giraffe was culled (not sure what the reason was) but they sell the rights to cull them to hunters from what I can gather, which obviously helps the villagers out also (don't think there's too much in the way of employment ops for those folk) so any money would be greatly appreciated I would think.

They do it with hippo's and Elephants too, a certain number get culled each year to keep the population in check and the rights are sold to hunters and the meat goes to the villagers and I would imagine some money also. :thumbsup:

As long as the hunt is legal where it occurs, I would have no issue taking any species that is not on the bring of extinction. I think we should do what we can to preserve the Rhinos at others at risk....

I'm sick of the bias, they always publish such tripe, aimed at the emotions softened by years of anti-hunting propaganda, fact is that in many African countries Giraffe, Elephant, Zebra, and countless other species are culled. Yes, most recount elephant (and other species, Antelope etc) being shot as a trophy then the meat being made available to the 'locals', thats great, thats how it should be - and I have no doubt that had the 'heartless, cruel, rich, cowardly, American' (most white westerner visitors are referred to Americans in many places) not have shot the elephant, the villagers would have probably spent a week and countless spear attacks trying to kill it themselves.... but no, those same ****** who dont want the animals harmed would prefer these Africans get their food from a care package dropped from a low flying Hercules.... (at our expense of course)

I thought Gervais was the exception to the rule of selfish pandering actors, but he is indeed cut from the same cloth.... he has been sexist, I must admit, the countless male hunters with accompanying trophy photos yet he targets this woman, soft target Ricki..... and YOU KNOW that any target will as a matter of course start receiving the PETA class death threats etc....because if it has been proclaimed by one of the mortal gods of hollywood...

its not on.

I'm off Gervais, I'll not even watch a free online copy of his movies from Now on :clap:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Sakoh » 20 Apr 2015, 9:04 am

1290 wrote:As long as the hunt is legal where it occurs, I would have no issue taking any species that is not on the bring of extinction.

I feel the same for the Minke Whales (not threatened at all).

People fire up because they're beautiful animals or whatever their opinion is then go eat a hamburger for lunch.

"Save the whales, f*** the cows"

Haven't seen anyone with that bumper sticker.
Sakoh
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 24 Apr 2015, 10:55 am

This is a good example of the outcome of the safari industry in Africa, I've seen similar after an elephant is shot, but just wrap your head around this Giraffe after the hunt;

Those ribs are freakin awesome..... BBQ anyone :lol:

I'm sure this doesnt result from every animal shot, every wildebeast, every Antelope, but damn, thats a lot of meat to feed a lot of people, and anyone who denies that, is basically taking food from their mouths, as well as the big$ from the local economy, for the hunting of animals that are not endangered and in a lot of cases are listed for culling....

this was posted in response to Ricky geretarddevelopment and his attack on the female hunter.... coward....
http://clashdaily.com/2015/04/dear-rick ... erwards/3/
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm

You'd want a big BBQ for that set of ribs! :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Timb0 » 24 Apr 2015, 2:09 pm

Well, I'd let her use my gun any day!
Marlin XT22 .22lr, Ruger M77/22 .22wmr, Rem 7615 .223, Ruger M77 .223, Weatherby MarkV .243, Rem 700 VLS .243, Kimber Montana .270, Weatherby MarkV .270Wby mag, Rem 700 .308, Khan ATac 12ga.
Timb0
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 24 Apr 2015, 2:37 pm

Personally I wouldn't shoot a big cat, elephant, bear, giraffe and a few other things but I'm not about to start judging people for taking part in such hunts if It's perfectly legal and managed in a sustainable manner.

If people have a problem with it they should be attacking the law makers not law abiding individuals.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by David Brown » 24 Apr 2015, 4:26 pm

David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 24 Apr 2015, 6:03 pm

David Brown wrote:Go ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

http://oregonoutdoorcouncil.org/the-war ... an-hunter/

A hunt with those ladies would be most 'distracting'... I suspect my shooting eye would be right off on that day..

What annoys me is that the tards create this psychology whereby hunting animals is associated with a lack of a moral compass... which is obviously a load of tish... If would have no issue shooting an species not endangered, I would never consider Rhinos, there are simply not enough of the buggers as far as I'm led to believe. Lion, sure, there controlled in many areas and I'd be quite happy as long s there were at least 2 PHs to back me up :lol: I think I'm brave enough to go after them but they do have lighty big teeth!!!
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 25 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm

So the next chapter in the attack of the hunter, care of our excuse for an unbiased media, this time a ridiculous phot-shoot with live bears...
"Anti-hunting Russian models pose with living wild bear"
I cant understand why these anti-tard types insist on this bullshiite, and they alway prove that their level of deviancy by sexualising their statement.
theres a trend, look at all the naked women used by these supposedly 'normal' people down to earth ballanced members of society NOT! used to push PETA's barrow....now another example of a barely dressed girl mounting a bear!

In bed with a bear?? these guys are just NOT normal!

But the tards love this crap.... so connected with natural... why kill them... so soft and war and caring those bears....

I recall another 'environmental' type who spent many seasons with wild bears, was 'sure' they were used to him and safe.... then they ATE HIM AND HIS PARTNER
Rest in pieces, Mr Timothy Treadwell...

Moral of the story.... if you value the life of a human over that of an animal...especially one that would not hesitate to EAT you...

Shoot it with this type of Cannon

and NOT one of these;

At least not until the bear or other bitey scratchy thing is well 'pacified' by the former cannon... :D :thumbsup:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by David Brown » 25 Apr 2015, 8:51 pm

Taking my 23 year old daughter out to the range tomorrow for her first shooting experience. SHe lives in Longreach at the moment so this will be street creed at least. Whats more she is excited!!!!
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sender » 26 Apr 2015, 1:48 pm

1290 wrote:I recall another 'environmental' type who spent many seasons with wild bears, was 'sure' they were used to him and safe.... then they ATE HIM AND HIS PARTNER

Saw that one coming :roll:
Sender
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Apr 2015, 5:00 pm

Sender wrote:
1290 wrote:I recall another 'environmental' type who spent many seasons with wild bears, was 'sure' they were used to him and safe.... then they ATE HIM AND HIS PARTNER

Saw that one coming :roll:

same here, just as most watching did... and he was warned by many experienced people.

These anti's have already made their minds up, we cant change that or reson with them. They don't care if its managed in a controlled sustainable fashion or if all the animal us used in some way or another.

All we can do is try to remind them that these hunters are not breaking any laws and stick it up them by sharing our hunting photos with them using the hash tag #illhuntwithyou :lol:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by huccl » 26 Apr 2015, 8:41 pm

That my have to be the first one of these social networking tag things I'll have to use.
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 26 Apr 2015, 9:12 pm

061188-3b3f353e-ea50-11e4-8372-6d6af869ac07.jpeg
061188-3b3f353e-ea50-11e4-8372-6d6af869ac07.jpeg (29.77 KiB) Viewed 8860 times

Nice fur coat love.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Monty » 27 Apr 2015, 11:33 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Nice fur coat love.

hah ha ha. :lol:

Good spotting :thumbsup:
Obligatory moderator signature: If you can't play by the rules, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Monty

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 27 Apr 2015, 11:41 am

Ah.. well... no.. uuhhhh.. it ... oh. It died of natural causes.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Blackened » 27 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm

"It walked into some lead"
Blackened

New South Wales

Post by Turkle » 29 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

Spot on about the coat.

Standard hypocrisy.