Proposal for Firearms users to face random breath tests

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Proposal for Firearms users to face random breath tests

Post by Title_II » 09 May 2015, 9:22 am

KWhorenet wrote:Ummmkayyyy

Which part concerns you? Not starting an argument, adult discussion.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by KWhorenet » 09 May 2015, 3:03 pm

Title_II wrote:
KWhorenet wrote:Ummmkayyyy

Which part concerns you? Not starting an argument, adult discussion.

Sorry didn't mean to have a jab at you. Was bleary eyed and read it early am hours. Just read to me like a piss up with guns and the reason why our nanny state officials would like to do breath tests in the first place.

second read and I see your point. but it would never float here I can assure you no matter how sensible or grown up you all are. :drinks:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Bourt » 11 May 2015, 9:20 am

Title_II wrote:I drink while carrying a firearm. Not handling one, but carrying a sidearm.

We have giant BBQs (100 people) where there is beer and shooting of BB guns, airsoft, and .22s under strictly controlled range rules. Nobody gets drunk. When we run the .22s and the handguns/SMGs we start early and then shut down the real guns after about an hour or so to relax with a bit more with beer and food. Then we just keep it BB guns (mostly for the kids) and airsoft. But we don't go lock up our sidearms or anything. We don't get drunk, and if we did we wouldn't pick fights, or draw firearms and wave them around anyway. If you are afraid you will drink beer and get angry and challenge someone to a fight then you need to grow up and learn what it is to be a man. If you get drunk and head to the range, well that sounds pretty dumb as well.

At one of the parties we have all the kids shoot age appropriate handguns (a 9 year old girl handed my arse to me) and all kids (even 4 years old) get to shoot full auto .22 converted M16 with silencer. It's so long the younger kids can't point it in the wrong direction, but Dad helps them hold it on the table anyway. There is video but it is in a forum that requires registration.

You mention range rules, is this a BBQ at a range you're talking about? Or following the same rules on your property?
Bourt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 11 May 2015, 12:39 pm

Bourt wrote:
Title_II wrote:I drink while carrying a firearm. Not handling one, but carrying a sidearm.

We have giant BBQs (100 people) where there is beer and shooting of BB guns, airsoft, and .22s under strictly controlled range rules. Nobody gets drunk. When we run the .22s and the handguns/SMGs we start early and then shut down the real guns after about an hour or so to relax with a bit more with beer and food. Then we just keep it BB guns (mostly for the kids) and airsoft. But we don't go lock up our sidearms or anything. We don't get drunk, and if we did we wouldn't pick fights, or draw firearms and wave them around anyway. If you are afraid you will drink beer and get angry and challenge someone to a fight then you need to grow up and learn what it is to be a man. If you get drunk and head to the range, well that sounds pretty dumb as well.

At one of the parties we have all the kids shoot age appropriate handguns (a 9 year old girl handed my arse to me) and all kids (even 4 years old) get to shoot full auto .22 converted M16 with silencer. It's so long the younger kids can't point it in the wrong direction, but Dad helps them hold it on the table anyway. There is video but it is in a forum that requires registration.

You mention range rules, is this a BBQ at a range you're talking about? Or following the same rules on your property?

Same rules on private property range. Setup a line with tape to make it clear. It's mostly for the kids.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by shazz » 12 May 2015, 2:40 pm

Sounds like good family fun to me :D
shazz
Private
Private

Western Australia

Previous