Greens semi auto pistol policy

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Greens semi auto pistol policy

Post by Baronvonrort » 15 May 2015, 8:37 pm

I found this on Penny Wright's website,it was linked on a page with the senate report.

The greens want to ban semi auto pistols it's their policy.

http://greens.org.au/sites/greens.org.a ... trol_0.pdf

Karla Blowers won a world championship in pistol shooting,taking her guns away will make no difference with gun crime,i like having female world champs in any sport.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Greens semi auto pistol policy

Post by North East » 15 May 2015, 8:45 pm

A manual fired firearm is only a bit slower that a semi auto. Make no sense to me.
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 May 2015, 8:49 pm

Wait until the Greens see our Pro Gun Greens Policy.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by KWhorenet » 15 May 2015, 9:41 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:I found this on Penny Wright's website,it was linked on a page with the senate report.

I found this recently and like it allot

http://www.ldp.org.au/index.php/policies/1152-firearms
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 May 2015, 9:54 pm

KWhorenet wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:I found this on Penny Wright's website,it was linked on a page with the senate report.

I found this recently and like it allot

http://www.ldp.org.au/index.php/policies/1152-firearms

:shock: Bring on the next federal election ! ;)
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 15 May 2015, 10:54 pm

There is just so much wrong with each and every statement in that policy ..... It is built on a foundation of fallacies and outright lies.

"There are approximately 10,000 handguns in the illicit firearm market within Australia....." --- No one in Australia, not the crims, and certainly not the law enforcers nor policy makers can put a numbers on the illicit firearms, yet the mental giants of the greens have narrowed the number down to the point where they can approximate it to 10,000... you know, give or take a few... :roll: ..

MAKE
NO
MISTAKE

Theirs is a graduated process, following the Fabian method (<google it) of incremental change, bit by bit, step by step they seek to ban ALL firearms, first the semi auto pistols being the lowest hanging fruit.....

Anyone who honestly believes that removing semiauto handgun (banning from law abiding owners) will 'get them off the streets' really needs to return to their medic for a refund on the lobotomy....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 16 May 2015, 1:03 am

Old news really, their policy is to ban all firearms full stop!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by 1290 » 16 May 2015, 1:02 pm

It is old news, but each time this filthy vile crap emanates from their stinking holes it should be shut down.... trouble is, the media is highly sympathetic to any antigun tripe, because its in the spirit of saving us and making us safer, so they claim... and who would argue with that, right??

Whats wrong with this ??

They claim that theyre targeting illicit handguns, and that there are 10,000 of these around, yet to fix that problem they want the legal handguns, semiautos first... and they dont mention the approximately 250,000 registered handguns in Australia (AIC reported 172k at 2006, additional 80,000 imports since then)

So truth be told theyre targeting, not the 10,000, but a part/then the rest of the 250,000...simply because of an irrational fear of firearms in the hands of honest law abiding bona fide members of society....

They talk about getting the guns off the streets, these registered handguns are not on the streets, the illicit ones are, and theyre proposing no action what-so-ever to tackle or target these '10,000' handguns theyve identified.....There is absolutely no plan what so ever to target the illicit ONLY the licit handguns!! Do they propose the Police start knocking on the doors of the crims and search for the 10,000? of course not.

These individuals of retarded development claim that "Data also tells us that ‘criminals at all levels favour handguns" if the data is Hollywood derived perhaps... or simply of a fantasy - real statistics tell us that during 2013 there were 3 murders (out of 216) where a handgun was used, so even out of the 3 between 0 and 3 were semi-autos..

There was one accidental handgun death, while the elephant in the room was suicide; 23 using handguns, out of 2520 <- That there is the real public health catastrophe, SUICIDE. If these greens actually gave a damn about the true menace in our society that would redirect all their efforts to combating mental health and suicide..... and leave the law abiding shooters alone.

If they were honestly concerned about anything other than disarming us, then they would focus on medical research and true public health to combat cancer and diseases of the circulatory system, which combined account for the deaths of no less than 88,000 Australians each and every year.....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 16 May 2015, 2:09 pm

^^^^
The mods may as well close this thread. I believe that 1290 has said all that can be said on this subject, and said it very well.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by 1290 » 16 May 2015, 5:19 pm

thanks for the props, appreciated, but you're out of line to call for the thread locking because you think all has been said....

keep it open.

Add you comments and thoughts guys and girls, that the whole point....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 16 May 2015, 7:40 pm

You took it out of context. Pretty easy on the internet, i suppose.

What I was trying to convey is that you put up a well rounded, intelligent and extensive argument that covered things pretty well. Pity you misunderstood the context i was trying to convey, but again, thats the internet. Thec omment about closing the thread was not serious.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by 1290 » 16 May 2015, 8:35 pm

no worries, all good
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 17 May 2015, 7:44 pm

1290 for President (If we become a republic) :clap:

Seriously mate, well said I’ll be plagiarizing you as often as possible :thumbsup:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by David Brown » 18 May 2015, 8:21 am

Their argument is as rational as outlawing men with "entire" status……lord knows we are all rapists looking for a victim!

1290, very well said sir. :thumbsup:

What these so called statistical facts show is the fanciful nature of them. I would think most ordinary Australians would see through the lies, but when the media get a bit of spin on it, the lies become reality.

Look at the crime rates in Chicago and Detroit in the las couple of years, plummeting because? Yep, allowing legal CC. The facts are often opposite to what seems logical.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 18 May 2015, 9:57 am

"Figures can lie and liars can figure." Don't know who made this one up, but, it's a classic that the greens should embrace as their motto.

+ 1 for 1290 to get into politics.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Gregg » 18 May 2015, 1:51 pm

David Brown wrote:Look at the crime rates in Chicago and Detroit in the las couple of years, plummeting because? Yep, allowing legal CC. The facts are often opposite to what seems logical.

To say something's logical implies you had a basis for reaching that conclusion though. Some evidence, statistics etc. even some anecdotal evidence.

There's nothing "logical" about the anti's view because they have nothing to support it.
Howa 1500 .270 WInchester
Savage Model 10/110 Predator .204 Ruger
Gregg
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by David Brown » 18 May 2015, 2:55 pm

Thats so true…..they make it seem logical, despite the fact they have no facts.

Seems like 1290 and I are going into politics :-0 :unknown:
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 18 May 2015, 3:24 pm

David Brown wrote:Seems like 1290 and I are going into politics :-0 :unknown:

Had a go, dont know if I'd go again, all due respect to the people, the electorate, but theyre in a facebook / cult of celebrity stupor... theres nothing that will save them :lol: not even my influences :lol: :lol: and I'm vehemently opposed to the party system which was designed several centuries ago in 'the motherland' to keep the people divided....and malleable. By design 'independents' are ridiculed and have zero chance of doing any good what so ever....

Note the party system, as well as the 'prime minister' make zero appearance in neither the constitution nor any other / subordinate law (other than pay$) in these lands.... but thats another story.

Each time we have an election its a change of administration, NOT governnent, its the same / same.... all talk, all promises and bullcrap...who in their right mind would choose to pay 70% tax on a bottle of alcohol?? who would choose to pay half their earnings to a government who can no where near balance their own books?? :unknown: :unknown: Then to top it off, legislate away our right to defend ourselves??? treasonous mofos who should be;

Inverted and restrained by their talus from 60 hands at Capital Hill

(^theres code there, first to translate wins! first to produce a list of candidates wins the bonus prize :drinks: )

What we need is a revolution, pitchforks at dawn kind of thing, involving the political AND monetary system... I'll be there. with bells on... [[Hi asio, asis, afp etc hangerson :drinks: ]]
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 18 May 2015, 6:56 pm

Hung by their ankles from the highest flag pole? (I wouldn't invert them)

I'm with you.
We do need revolution but they are making damn shure that it won't/can't happen
Keep the confused distracted, remove the ability from those taht aren;t.

I'd better stop now or I'll end up writing a book.....
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 18 May 2015, 7:22 pm

anthillinside wrote:Hung by their ankles from the highest flag pole? (I wouldn't invert them)

I'm with you.
We do need revolution but they are making damn shure that it won't/can't happen
Keep the confused distracted, remove the ability from those taht aren;t.

I'd better stop now or I'll end up writing a book.....

without the inversion...... its a bit too quick :lol:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 18 May 2015, 7:42 pm

Too quick? possibly
Another saying comes to mind “Hanging’s to good for em”
The faster they disappear the better in my book.
Another way of looking at it would be we need to “hunt” them out of office, hunters like a humane quick kills
But then again .... they seem to prefer 1080 and or other biological methods, who am I to deny them.
:problem:
Sorry I'm suffering withdrawal, :cry:
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 18 May 2015, 7:56 pm

anthillinside wrote:Too quick? possibly
Another way of looking at it would be we need to “hunt” them out of office, hunters like a humane quick kills
But then again .... they seem to prefer 1080 and or other biological methods, who am I to deny them.

1080? no, they prefer the MP5s, M4s, and AI 300winmags from the roof tops.... for themselves....but for us, they prefer prefer sticks and stones, but for the moment, limited bolt actions, 22s , single shots and double barrel 12gs....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 18 May 2015, 8:07 pm

Sticks and stones? ... I thought they banned slingshots already :problem:
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Skadoo » 20 May 2015, 2:22 pm

anthillinside wrote:Too quick? possibly

Send 'em off into the wilderness they claim to understand so well.

They should be fine.
Skadoo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Skadoo » 20 May 2015, 2:22 pm

anthillinside wrote:I thought they banned slingshots already :problem:

Like 20 years ago.
Skadoo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 20 May 2015, 2:36 pm

effectively, even 'pointy sticks' are banned.....
yay for liberty and the democratic system!!
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by adam » 20 May 2015, 5:45 pm

1290 wrote:There was one accidental handgun death, while the elephant in the room was suicide; 23 using handguns, out of 2520 <- That there is the real public health catastrophe, SUICIDE. If these greens actually gave a damn about the true menace in our society that would redirect all their efforts to combating mental health and suicide..... and leave the law abiding shooters alone.

If they were honestly concerned about anything other than disarming us, then they would focus on medical research and true public health to combat cancer and diseases of the circulatory system, which combined account for the deaths of no less than 88,000 Australians each and every year.....

Correct, but your premise stands from that where the greens actually care about the population. The only reason they're hyping about guns killing people is because behind the scenes it serves their purpose to get others onside to remove guns from our society.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by AlanK » 21 May 2015, 4:09 pm

adam wrote:Correct, but your premise stands from that where the greens actually care about the population. The only reason they're hyping about guns killing people is because behind the scenes it serves their purpose to get others onside to remove guns from our society.

Exactly, really doing it because of their own phobias, prejudices and agendas (as we all already knew).
AlanK
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 14 Jun 2015, 11:30 am

Anyone seen the Sarah Hanson-Young song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDWXPwL89Sk
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 14 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm

AlanK wrote:
adam wrote:Correct, but your premise stands from that where the greens actually care about the population. The only reason they're hyping about guns killing people is because behind the scenes it serves their purpose to get others onside to remove guns from our society.

Exactly, really doing it because of their own phobias, prejudices and agendas (as we all already knew).

Mostly an agenda, but a few of them actually have phobias of firearms, aka HOPLOPHOBIA, ( irrational ) fear or aversion to weapons, firearm or armed citizenry generally....and its also been described by Freud (attributed correctly or not, but makes sense :D ) of a retarded sexual and emotional maturity, or something along those lines.....

Sarah 2-fathers, aka Sarah-sea-patrol would reasonably be described as such....jeez I cant stand her.....
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics