Ban toy guns 10 year old ' finger on the trigger '

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Ban toy guns 10 year old ' finger on the trigger '

Post by trekin » 12 Jun 2015, 10:54 am

bigfellascott wrote:
trekin wrote:Can anyone tell me where this photo originated from?, who took it? or why?

That's what I want to know too, there are a few diff media outlets that work out of buildings there (wouldn't surprise me if it was a staff member) :unknown:

Yeah, without knowing this, everything that is said is just conjecture. However, I'm personally leaning towards (until proven otherwise), that this was a statement of support for the terrorist Mad Man by a like minded extremist, who is too gutless to do something himself.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by adam » 12 Jun 2015, 3:04 pm

Out of interest, I just read the article...

“In this heightened terrorism environment, if someone sees what looks to be a real firearm, regardless of the age of the person carrying it, they’re going to have genuine concerns,”

Really? We have to change our laws yet again - because the public has given into terror - into terrorism instead of being level headed about it? This scaremongering is precisely what terrorism is about. Another point to terrorism.

“I think firstly we need education for parents and children and secondly, perhaps, very real-looking replica guns don’t need to be on the market,”

Personally I'd rather first put effort into education to combat the effects that terrorism has obviously already won over on our society - so a child with a toy doesn't alarm society and cause a media frenzy the way that it does now.

“When it comes to the regulation of firearms, community safety and security is the government’s No. 1 priority."

Regulation of firearms? Last time I checked it was a toy - not a firearm.

No wonder our countries broke and heading further into debt. People are dying because they can't get into hospitals in time, and this is where our time, money and resources are wasted into things like this.
Last edited by adam on 12 Jun 2015, 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Jun 2015, 3:13 pm

It just makes you shake your head when you read stupid things like that, now a toy guns a firearm apparently. :crazy:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 12 Jun 2015, 5:17 pm

“When it comes to the regulation of firearms, community safety and security is the government’s No. 1 priority."

When people talk about firearms and safety I like to point out our legally owned firearm numbers are the highest they have ever been while firearm crime is the lowest it has ever been, we reduced our firearm crime rates while increasing gun ownership rates therefore in Australia more guns equals less gun crime.

Dr Samara McPhedran has written about this subject
Is it true that the more legally owned guns there are in Australia,the more gun crime we will have?
The answer is resoundingly NO
For example,figures released by the NSW government show very clearly that although the number of firearm licence holders and legally owned guns has continued to grow,firearm misuse as well as firearm theft has continued to fall.
http://thebigsmoke.com.au/2014/10/20/au ... y-tells-us

NSW has the most gun crime mainly in south west Sydney.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by lole » 13 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm

Chronos wrote:As I see it it's nothing to do with the event itself, it's about the massive overreaction by both the media and the pitch fork carrying mob on social media.

Yes it's unfortunate, but the way people carry on about stuff like this is ridiculous.

And on and on and on....

Seen a dozen follow up articles and opinion pieces and "calls to action" :roll: on this still every day since it started.
lole
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by AusTac » 13 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm

Following this subject during the week and was listening to a radio replay this morning which detailed how an anonymous caller has experienced her father pulling a shotgun on her mother when she was a young girl and she went on about how that firearm ruined her life and caused her to be traumatized.. the fear tactics of the media these days seriously, maybe they should have focused on who was in possession of the firearm and how it was being used rather than blame whats basically a metal tube and wood. It's the nut holding the tube that makes all the difference
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by North East » 13 Jun 2015, 8:13 pm

AusTac wrote:Following this subject during the week and was listening to a radio replay this morning which detailed how an anonymous caller has experienced her father pulling a shotgun on her mother when she was a young girl and she went on about how that firearm ruined her life and caused her to be traumatized.. the fear tactics of the media these days seriously, maybe they should have focused on who was in possession of the firearm and how it was being used rather than blame whats basically a metal tube and wood. It's the nut holding the tube that makes all the difference

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Browning BL-22 lever action...open sights
T3 Varmint .204 Ruger...Meopta Meostar 4-16X44
T3 Lite .30-06 Sprg...Aimpoint Hunter 1X red dot

....that will do me
North East
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Usurper » 15 Jun 2015, 9:51 am

AusTac wrote:Following this subject during the week and was listening to a radio replay this morning which detailed how an anonymous caller has experienced her father pulling a shotgun on her mother when she was a young girl and she went on about how that firearm ruined her life and caused her to be traumatized.. the fear tactics of the media these days seriously, maybe they should have focused on who was in possession of the firearm and how it was being used rather than blame whats basically a metal tube and wood. It's the nut holding the tube that makes all the difference

+1

If he hadn't had the shotgun it would have been whatever else was handy.

A knife if they were in the kitchen, a hammer if they were in the garage etc.
.308 CZ 550 American
.222 Tikka Varmint
.357 Mag Marlin 1894
Usurper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics