And there's more.....

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

And there's more.....

Post by bluerob » 25 Jun 2015, 6:57 am

And it continues.....

The Daily Telegraph running a story on another buy back today.

Can't post the link, but, you'll find the story.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Re: And there's more.....

Post by Title_II » 25 Jun 2015, 7:18 am

I can't find it.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 25 Jun 2015, 7:21 am

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by brett1868 » 25 Jun 2015, 7:27 am

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/we-need-a-new-firearm-buyback-before-there-is-another-bloodbath/story-fnpug1jf-1227413297310

Not a great article but has raised a few good points around safe keeping inspections. Personally I believe once a license is granted then you need to have your storage inspected and passed before being able to apply for a PTA, safe storage is in all our best interests. Talks much on illegal guns with the solution being a buyback, better to divert those funds to better resourcing for customs & border control to prevent the illegal imports getting in. Crims will never give up their guns and we get punished...this just doesn't compute with me.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by adam » 25 Jun 2015, 8:53 am

Victoria Police said this week they are stumbling on illegal firearms every two days in the course of their other work. Shocking stuff.

I'd be interested in the history of this. Is this something new, or just something that's recently being highlighted for a political agenda?
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 25 Jun 2015, 8:53 am

its a bit of reasonable mixed in with a bit of bs.
something don't smell right...
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 25 Jun 2015, 9:26 am

there we have it....
"Storm clouds are gathering. Illegal firearms are multiplying. Let us not wait for it all to rain down on us."

So again, the logic of these immensely psychologically demented and sexually retarded (not my words, Freud) hoplophobes is given air time... theres a problem with illegal guns so the solution is yet again, not to go after the crims, dont randomly inspect the crims 'storage', but hit those licensed and again take their firearms away....

Another massacre in the USA?? Yes, and it wasnt the gun, it was the MENTAL ILLNESS, if he didnt have access to the gun, he would have loaded up a truck with ANFO and killed 200!!!

How about this for disinfo, there is absolutely, as expected with these tards, no consideration or perhaps understanding for truth;
Within weeks of Martin Bryant’s horrific murder of 35 people, the law was changed to ban rapid-fire weapons, implement a market-value buyback and open up a firearm amnesty on those guns.

Incredibly, 643,726 newly illegal guns were then bought by the government. No other nation had attempted nor achieved anything on that scale.

Australia is safer because of it.

640k newly illegal guns were not handed in... many were pops old 22 or single barrel etc, lots of these were IMPORTED for the hand-in.... the vast vast minority were semi-auto centrefire, they NEVER released the total, why would they admit it was a coplete failure at 'cleaning up' the semis, and autos...

and they still have the nerve to declare Australia is safer..... :roll:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 25 Jun 2015, 9:48 am

1290 wrote:there we have it....
"Storm clouds are gathering. Illegal firearms are multiplying. Let us not wait for it all to rain down on us."

So again, the logic of these immensely psychologically demented and sexually retarded (not my words, Freud) hoplophobes is given air time... theres a problem with illegal guns so the solution is yet again, not to go after the crims, dont randomly inspect the crims 'storage', but hit those licensed and again take their firearms away....

Another massacre in the USA?? Yes, and it wasnt the gun, it was the MENTAL ILLNESS, if he didnt have access to the gun, he would have loaded up a truck with ANFO and killed 200!!!

How about this for disinfo, there is absolutely, as expected with these tards, no consideration or perhaps understanding for truth;
Within weeks of Martin Bryant’s horrific murder of 35 people, the law was changed to ban rapid-fire weapons, implement a market-value buyback and open up a firearm amnesty on those guns.

Incredibly, 643,726 newly illegal guns were then bought by the government. No other nation had attempted nor achieved anything on that scale.

Australia is safer because of it.

640k newly illegal guns were not handed in... many were pops old 22 or single barrel etc, lots of these were IMPORTED for the hand-in.... the vast vast minority were semi-auto centrefire, they NEVER released the total, why would they admit it was a coplete failure at 'cleaning up' the semis, and autos...

and they still have the nerve to declare Australia is safer..... :roll:

hmm hoplophobes indeed. They are a new type of serious...ly ill lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bluerob » 26 Jun 2015, 8:45 am

I'm hearing that a NSW range is starting to have issues with the threat of closure. There's a heap of people that use this range which has been in existence since the 1960's.

I'm not authorized to discuss the situation publicly with this range, but, our sport (whether that be hunting, collecting or target shooting) is under serious threat because the majority of people listen to mainstream media and the greens/anti-gun lobby continue with lies as 1290 has pointed out.

How often do you see any of our representatives in the media spruiking the values of firearm ownership? It's not simply about killing things, as the media constantly points out with negative press (viz a viz the McGrath photo). I've never seen a TV ad about taking up target shooting as a sport.

I'm not convinced that organizations are doing enough to change attitudes towards OUR chosen sport.

We don't have "the right to bear arms," but, as a civilized country, adults should be allowed to own firearms if they choose to.

Nanny state behaviour continues.....
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Jun 2015, 8:59 am

Where is the SSAA... Oh they are monitoring the situation..

Maybe it is time for us shooters to tell the SSAA there time is over and start a new national body.

We need action. United action led by our national body. Not the toothless beast we have now who like to hold AGM pissups.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 9:35 am

Don't you love how all this anti Firearms crap just happens to pop up whenever there's some sort of drama over in the US - it's just a big coincidence of course :roll: Honest its not an orchestrated effort to demonise firearms ownership at all. :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bluerob » 26 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

Wylie27 wrote:Where is the SSAA... Oh they are monitoring the situation..

Maybe it is time for us shooters to tell the SSAA there time is over and start a new national body.

We need action. United action led by our national body. Not the toothless beast we have now who like to hold AGM pissups.

Mate, I've been thinking the same thing for about 20 years now, more so when semi auto rifles etc were banned unless you had the genuine reason. I've seen blokes who can shoot a bolt action rifle as quick as a semi auto plus the people who are adept at lever actions.

It was like the "we'll fix em, put a limit of .38 sp on pistol shooters" without realizing .357 mag is .38 cal. :sarcasm:

To shoot the higher calibre another permit and another fee. How many fees do we have to pay - obviously we aren't taxed enough :sarcasm: - again.

The sooner we have a NRA type representation, the better we will be. Barry Unsworth lost an election based on gun law changes years ago in NSW. The NRA has serious clout. Do we?

Maybe there just isn't enough gun (no pun intended) owners anymore to make a real difference? I hear stories that the NSW Firearms Registry has seen huge increases in licence applications, but, where are they at voting time?

I know that there a certain individuals in the pistol world (where I live a lot of the time) who are busting their boilers to protect our future, but, behind the doors meetings with the Firearms authorities may not be enough to ensure we have ranges and firearms to use.

I'm also sure that there are certain individuals in other representative bodies doing their best, but, a massive public relations/media exposure on responsible shooters is required. This is seriously lacking and constant positive reinforcement is necessary, otherwise, we will be only shooting a .22 single shot at a range, maybe twice per year, if you're lucky?
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 11:19 am

Wylie27 wrote:Where is the SSAA... Oh they are monitoring the situation..

It's called the shooters and fishers party mate, Join up and help em fight the fight (they already have a foot in the door) so why erode their ability to fight for us by wanting to set up another group - we all need to stand and fight together and the only way to do that is all become united for the cause, not have tiny little factional parties or groups all fighting for their own agenda's - our agenda should be the right to own and use firearms without all this constant BS about this that and every other thing they keep trying to attack us with.

All this crap about the Adler just made me so mad, I found the $30 and just joined the Shooters and Fishers Party (never joined any political party in my life before) but this anti firearms crap has got to stop and it's up to us as firearms owners to ensure it doe or at least go down fighting (no good sitting around on forums bitching about it all, find the $30 and lets start making the party financially strong so they can at least put up a decent fight for our rights hey. :thumbsup:

P.S. I haven't ordered one of these Adlers, have no intention of ordering one or any other pump action, lever action etc etc, I'm just standing up for the rights of those who do wish to own and use one, for one day I might be in the same boat as them and it would be nice to think they'd stand behind me when my need arrises.

Don't for a minute think that just because you own XYZ firearm and its not being targeted at the moment that it couldn't be down the track! Stand up and be counted and support your sport before it's just a vague memory. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Newdave » 26 Jun 2015, 11:28 am

Spot on blue rob. I know the SFP guys are busting their guts for us fighting everyday but will it be enough?
What we need is for the SFP, SSAA, ADA etc and Olympic shooters aswell as known and respected Australians who are involved in shooting sports to go to Canberra stand in front of parliament house and call every man and his dog and hold a press conference. Call this out for what it is and say we won't be backing down we will fight this with every legal means available. Destroy every piece of Mis information which has been fed to the media with hard facts.

I also believe we have to set up a fighting fund . If all organizations call on there members to make say a $ 100 dollar donation. Imagine if say halve of license holders donated that would be a substantial war chest. Set up a board to manage it from all representative groups . It will be used to fund legal challenges and a massive media campaign . Every time some one try's to spread lies through the media it is immediately reputed.

The strategy of not rocking the boat and just quietly doing the right thing has failed.

I know this won't happen but it is the only way we will have a chance
Last edited by Newdave on 26 Jun 2015, 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 11:30 am

FOR THOSE WHO ACTUALLY WANT TO PUT THEIR MONEY WHERE THEIR MOUTH IS

http://www.shootersandfishers.org.au/join-the-party
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Newdave » 26 Jun 2015, 11:32 am

I'm a member mate. Have nothing but respect and appreciation for what they have done for us.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

Newdave wrote:I'm a member mate. Have nothing but respect and appreciation for what they have done for us.

Good man :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Jun 2015, 11:39 am

My bad. Should have said I am a member of the SFP.

I think while our politicians are fighting inside our national sporting body should fighting on the outside!

This is really effing annoying and I don't want a shotgun!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 11:47 am

Wylie27 wrote:My bad. Should have said I am a member of the SFP.

I think while our politicians are fighting inside our national sporting body should fighting on the outside!

This is really effing annoying and I don't want a shotgun!

Sadly the SSAA are fighting with the S&F Party and lets face it they SSAA aren't really into fighting for our rights, they are more interested in protecting the Cash Cows they have now - they seem to generally go along with what the G'vt of the day tells them too.

That's why I gave up my SSAA membership and now that money has been directed to the S&F Party as they have their foot in the door and have a better chance of fighting for us there I believe.

Nothing against the old club I was a member of, just don't like the way Management have behaved over the last few years at a State/National level - I can't support people like that I'm afraid. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Jun 2015, 11:54 am

Which is why we need a national nra style body that will fight for us..

United front with the political party
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 11:58 am

Wylie27 wrote:Which is why we need a national nra style body that will fight for us..

United front with the political party

Yeah maybe Willy, or we could just support the team that are already in Parliament doing the same as what you are proposing? :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Jun 2015, 12:09 pm

lol at willy.. I hope the was auto correct.

My thinking is this. We have a couple of members of the SFP in parliament doing good work. But they need to work with in a system and are few people in a large parliament

We need a lobby group that does what the SSAA should be doing. Protecting our interests and lobbying the other members of parliament that we are large and we have a voice. Be in the news on the front page. Talking down the greens. Taking our fight plead on.

This is not what the SSAA do. They hide, monitor and retreat.. 165000 members. How is this not being used?

You need a lobby group to support the political party! Do the work the party can't!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 12:16 pm

Fair enough Willy - when are you starting the new group then?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wylie27 » 26 Jun 2015, 12:42 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Fair enough Willy - when are you starting the new group then?

And right there is the apathy of the SSAA and shooters in general...

Let others do the work. Guess what Littlejohn that is the reason we are in this mess. Apathetic people like yourself..

I am happy to register a lobby group.. Would you join. Nope you will just continue to lube up and sook about it on Internet forums..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 27 Jun 2015, 6:07 am

Wylie27 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Fair enough Willy - when are you starting the new group then?

Let others do the work. Guess what Littlejohn that is the reason we are in this mess. Apathetic people like yourself..

I am happy to register a lobby group.. Would you join. Nope you will just continue to lube up and sook about it on Internet forums..

Amen to that, brother.
PM sent.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Jun 2015, 6:52 am

Wylie27 wrote:

Well you did say we need a NRA style group over here, so figured you'd put your money where ya mouth is, Was I wrong? :unknown: I guess you're just another windbag on a forum telling everyone what we need and then waiting for someone else to do it. :unknown:

By the way Wylie if you have a bit of a look around there are quite a few Pro Firearms Groups already in Aus, maybe just support one of them If you haven't already?

Me I've already chosen the "Lobby Group" I wish to support - that being the S&F Party. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wylie27 » 27 Jun 2015, 7:18 am

Mate I am happy to put my money where my mouth is

Like I asked would you join? I know what the answer is.... no. It's funny how you say I am the wind bag... Pot ... Kettle... You my friend are the one who does nothing other than whinge on forums..

So in the last 24 hours.

I have written to my state local member, my federal member, the minister for police, the police commissioner, the SFP and the SSAA both state and national.

I have also forwarded the SSAA press release to a couple of mainstream media friends and bloggers asking them to publish it.

Also downloaded information on starting a non profit organisation. Yep a blowhard who does nothing.......

So how about you put up or shut the f*** up...
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Jun 2015, 7:31 am

Wylie27 wrote:Mate I am happy to put my money where my mouth is

Like I asked would you join? I know what the answer is.... no. It's funny how you say I am the wind bag... Pot ... Kettle... You my friend are the one who does nothing other than whinge on forums..

So in the last 24 hours.

I have written to my state local member, my federal member, the minister for police, the police commissioner, the SFP and the SSAA both state and national.

I have also forwarded the SSAA press release to a couple of mainstream media friends and bloggers asking them to publish it.

Also downloaded information on starting a non profit organisation. Yep a blowhard who does nothing.......

As I said earlier Wylie, I've already joined the S&F Party, I see no need to join anyone else to be honest. :thumbsup:

So how did all that writing go mate, get any response from any of them? If so who responded. They generally reply with the stock standard letter of response from my experience (sent plenty of letters, emails etc over the years and its generally a standard response they send out to everyone (friends have sent letters and just about word for word they are the same. :unknown: in other words f*** off we will do what we want when we want. :unknown:

The only real way to get a better deal for shooters is to have strong political representation in all states, only then will we get our voices heard, not much use grovelling like we do now, the power lies within the political sphere, not on the outside of it begging like some lap dog IMO :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Wylie27 » 27 Jun 2015, 7:53 am

bigfellascott wrote:

So in the last 24 hours.

As I said earlier Wylie, I've already joined the S&F Party, I see no need to join anyone else to be honest. :thumbsup:

So how did all that writing go mate, get any response from any of them? If so who responded.

Nothing as of yet but it usually will take a day or so... I would expect the usual guff.. Which is why we need a political body.

When they have taken everything from us and we are left with knives that have corks on the end. Please come back to these posts and make sure you think was there any more I personally could have done.

Or maybe I should take a leaf out of your book.. Do nothing..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 27 Jun 2015, 8:08 am

Wylie27 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

So in the last 24 hours.

So how did all that writing go mate, get any response from any of them? If so who responded.

Nothing as of yet but it usually will take a day or so... I would expect the usual guff.. Which is why we need a political body.

When they have taken everything from us and we are left with knives that have corks on the end. Please come back to these posts and make sure you think was there any more I personally could have done.

Or maybe I should take a leaf out of your book.. Do nothing..

We already have a Political Body, its called the Shooters and Fishers Party - people should get behind them and not keep trying to dilute the voting pool - that way we might just get somewhere :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics