Adler shotgun makes the News

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Adler shotgun makes the News

Post by bigfellascott » 25 Jun 2015, 4:44 pm

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Adler shotgun makes the News

Post by Newdave » 25 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm

You can kiss her goodbye as well all the other levers and pumps. It's all come out,(just like the SFP said months ago) Vic police as well as the minister have publicly stated that they are going to go for all levers. If so I doubt they will leave pumps alone. I'd say single shot .22's in the next decade or so is all we will have left. They have been very clever with this coordinated media campaign.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 26 Jun 2015, 2:06 am

Time to submit cat C app now me thinks.

Will be pretty pissed off to not have my 30-30
The Adler and bl-22 I couldn't care less about,
Although I do want them, I have no attachment to them.

Damn the 'show off' videos used to market the Adler.
Spoke about it day one. Makes it out to be too full on.

If I lost my collectable Winny over that I'd be pretty pissed off!
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by trekin » 26 Jun 2015, 6:34 am

bigfellascott wrote:Don't forget to vote either. :thumbsup:

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/n ... 7411085564

Am I missing something, where is the link to the poll in these stories? Are they closing the poll after a couple hours? This story has been run on Newscorpes many smaller outlets for a couple of days now, and I haven't been able to see a link to their poll (always reading them when they are a couple of hours old). But I have seen poll results posted on some pro shooting Facebook pages that usually read something like 90% our side, 10% or less their side.

Newdave wrote:You can kiss her goodbye as well all the other levers and pumps. It's all come out,(just like the SFP said months ago) Vic police as well as the minister have publicly stated that they are going to go for all levers. If so I doubt they will leave pumps alone. I'd say single shot .22's in the next decade or so is all we will have left. They have been very clever with this coordinated media campaign.

https://www.change.org/p/victoria-polic ... ion-no_msg
Nearly 5000 (five thousand) signatures in under 24 hours. Sure beats the QLD petition to end PTA's. And yes, this petition may not carry any weight with the law makers, but by the feck that's impressive numbers so far, and what the hey, if it number of signatures make some pollies sit up and take notice then it is worth the 30 seconds to sign, isn't it?
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 7:05 am

Not sure why you can't see the "Question of the Week" box mate, I can see it fine, maybe there is a setting on your computer that's stopping it from being displayed?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by KWhorenet » 26 Jun 2015, 7:09 am

Voted. Simples.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Newdave » 26 Jun 2015, 7:19 am

I signed it mate. Thought it will do nothing. This will be a great political win for all involved. The public don't care about the facts or the lies the police and government are blatantly pushing in the media. All they know is guns are bad...

This has nothing to do with the adler they have been planning this for years. Vic police have let the cat out of the back the lever buy back was coming regardless. There theft of private property will be celebrated by the media and unfortunately will be popular with the public who don't know better.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by David Brown » 26 Jun 2015, 7:29 am

If they do, swamp them with CAT licence applications, even if you have no legitimate qualification. The message gets through.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gogetem » 26 Jun 2015, 7:43 am

I think the demonstration video shown in the news may have been tampered with either by the Anti gunners or our great media. The cycling of the firearm appers to be extremely rapid- looks like they have fast forwarded that bit to present it as quick as a semi!!

Well looks like the damage has already been done
.308, .223, .22, 12G o/u & a SxS
Gogetem
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by trekin » 26 Jun 2015, 7:43 am

Newdave wrote:I signed it mate. Thought it will do nothing. This will be a great political win for all involved. The public don't care about the facts or the lies the police and government are blatantly pushing in the media. All they know is guns are bad...

This has nothing to do with the adler they have been planning this for years. Vic police have let the cat out of the back the lever buy back was coming regardless. There theft of private property will be celebrated by the media and unfortunately will be popular with the public who don't know better.

And don't kid yourself, there will be no buyback, just straight out confiscation!
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 7:46 am

You need to also write to your local member and let them know your feelings on the subject.

Anyone else love the comment about "New Technology" what new bloody technology, it's a lever action for christ sake, been around since cowboy and indian days :lol: and we have had that rate of fire since then and the world hadn't ended so why all the hysteria about this particular Lever Action shotgun? :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jun 2015, 7:48 am

trekin wrote:
Newdave wrote:I signed it mate. Thought it will do nothing. This will be a great political win for all involved. The public don't care about the facts or the lies the police and government are blatantly pushing in the media. All they know is guns are bad...

And don't kid yourself, there will be no buyback, just straight out confiscation!

Can they do that without compensation? I'm not sure they can without compensating people. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Newdave » 26 Jun 2015, 8:03 am

Its not about the adler the vic police minister has publicly stated that this garbage was to be voted on later this year and implemented next year. This shotgun is just being used to help sell the scam to the public.

"New Technology" fair dinkum how do they keep a straight face.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Newdave » 26 Jun 2015, 8:06 am

They will simply move them to cat c. If you don't have cat c bad luck.

Give them a few years gun crime won't change so they will decide those "rapid fire" bolt actions will be next.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 26 Jun 2015, 8:09 am

Anything that someone has no experience or clue about could be 'new to them' technology?

What is new is a company like nioa showing the customers a decent intro to something.

The tards acting like activists is def not new.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by pajamatime » 26 Jun 2015, 8:33 am

good attracts good.
Bad attracts Bad.

time to put your positive thinking caps on lads...stop feeling so defeated =)
Fight hard long and proud!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by joker » 26 Jun 2015, 8:33 am

Might as well make leaving your house illegal
joker
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 26 Jun 2015, 8:48 am

Gogetem wrote:I think the demonstration video shown in the news may have been tampered with either by the Anti gunners or our great media. The cycling of the firearm appers to be extremely rapid- looks like they have fast forwarded that bit to present it as quick as a semi!!

Well looks like the damage has already been done

in the round loading phase it is sped up but the manual operation of the action phase isn't by the looks of it. with that said it might have been sped up slightly but if it has its hard to see.

But to me it has not...

edit: @everyone: with that said this is not a time to be pessimistic and come off all defeated even before battle ends.
it is a time to work together, Keep a positive mindset and fight for what we all love.

with that said when ever you get a chance re-educate people! And make sure you do it in the most knowledgeable :drinks: and polite way ^_^
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sender » 30 Jun 2015, 1:23 pm

joker wrote:Might as well make leaving your house illegal

I'm sure some of them would like that so we don't walk on the grass :roll:
Sender
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by pajamatime » 30 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm

they might be appearing strong when really they are very weak and loosing steam. Art of war tactics lol
maybe we should heavily educate them on the recent senate inquiry?

"teaser below"

1.212 It is reasonable to conclude that the banning of certain categories of firearm only affects those who possess and use them lawfully. Those who use them unlawfully are already outside the law.

(188 Inspector Joe Green, Arms Control Strategies, Debunking the Myths, New Zealand Police, 2008.

189 Library of Congress, Firearms-Control Legislation and Policy: Canada, at http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/canada.php (accessed 9 April 2015).

190 Library of Congress, Firearms-Control Legislation and Policy: Great Britain, at http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-co ... ritain.php (accessed 9 April 2015).

191 Greenwood, J., The British Handgun Ban: logic, Politics and Effect, Paper to International Firearms safety Seminar, New Zealand, 2006.)

Recommendation 1

1.221 The majority of Senators attending the inquiry recommend that the Commonwealth commission a study into the social, economic and environmental benefits of hunting across Australia, similar to the report that was released by the Victorian Government in 2013.

Recommendation 2

1.222 The majority of Senators attending the inquiry recommend the Commonwealth establish a formal mechanism for industry and firearm user groups to be consulted on issues relating to firearms regulation.

Recommendation 3

1.223 The majority of Senators attending the inquiry recommend the Commonwealth continue to pursue improvements in border control for detecting illegal imports of firearms and firearms parts.

Recommendation 4

1.224 The majority of Senators attending the inquiry recommend the Commonwealth review its contribution to firearms regulation in the context of the Reform of the Federation White Paper.

Recommendation 5

1.225 The majority of Senators attending the inquiry recommend State and territory governments investigate avenues to deregulate the firearm industry to ease the economic burden on governments, industry and legal firearm users.”

Everyone really knew all that, but now a Commonwealth Senate Committee has published it. Now is the time to stop wasting resources with impositions on the lawful community and instead transfer police resources into policing the criminal elements within our society.

Ron Owen President. Firearm Owners Association of Australia.
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 30 Jun 2015, 5:34 pm

ADLER AND LEVER-ACTION FIREARMS - A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY THE NATIONAL PRESIDENT

http://ssaa.org.au/members/member-annou ... n-firearms
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Newdave » 30 Jun 2015, 6:29 pm

So we had a senate inquiry into firearms which destroyed any factual basis for further restrictions on LAFO's. Though it appears obvious the federal government is in lock step with greens. Where Do you think the line in Wrights review about the technical aspects of the NFA came from ? It is a set up. just a matter of how far they really want to go .
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 01 Jul 2015, 9:56 am

Newdave wrote:Vic police as well as the minister have publicly stated that they are going to go for all levers. If so I doubt they will leave pumps alone.

Send them here. I'll make them wet their panties and I'll get it on video for you. :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Harts » 02 Jul 2015, 11:57 am

Sender wrote:
joker wrote:Might as well make leaving your house illegal

I'm sure some of them would like that so we don't walk on the grass :roll:

And we can train feral cats to do out shopping for us instead of shooting them too :sarcasm:
Harts
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics