ADLER petition - EVERYONE SIGN THIS

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: ADLER petition - EVERYONE SIGN THIS

Post by 1290 » 10 Jul 2015, 8:10 pm

Over 10,000 petitioners..... lets see how Vic Parliament responds with this once presented, assuming the author will present to their member. Probably along the lines of... 'noting the petition'
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by beerd » 16 Jul 2015, 9:27 am

Probably more like noting it's in an email somewhere that no one read or brought with them :problem:
beerd
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Jonesy » 17 Jul 2015, 10:21 pm

edited
Last edited by Jonesy on 18 Jul 2015, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonesy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 18 Jul 2015, 1:21 am

I can give you a reason why I need a lever action shotgun.

In the areas that I hunt i regularly carry a smaller caliber rifle (rimfire or .223).

Recently there seem to be more feral dogs, cats and pigs moving into the area. So i want a 12g to carry across my back in case i happen to come across a charging pig or aggressive dog while i have a rimfire.

So, i could carry a double barrel across my back with two rounds chambered (no thanks), or i could carry it empty, and have to hope i have enough time to load it and get the shot off.

OR i could carry a lever action with nothing in the chamber. A quick cycle of the lever and its ready to fire.

I have my name down for an adler for these reasons.

Is that a sufficient example?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 18 Jul 2015, 1:26 am

Simply because you have no current use for something does not mean that nobody else can justify it, and to think that is quite niaive and short sighted.

My firearms are tools, not weapons.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by KWhorenet » 18 Jul 2015, 1:40 am

" I can not see why a Ruger Charger gets approved by the licencing Police in any category, "

A Cat H just like any other semi auto 22lr hand gun. What are you concerned about?

Robust debate is not a fight.

As for 'wanting borderline firearms', Mr NIOA the importer advertised a new version of an old design being the lever action gun. I would use it for what a 12g is designed for. Since it currently is legal and falls within my licence category, has the option of 20" and 28" barrel sets, looks good, will cover all my current and future shotgun needs and is priced right therefore I would like one. Why shouldn't I?

I don't see how something (lever action shotgun) that has been available and used for longer than you and I have been alive combined is me pushing the boundaries at all.

*EDIT: Just went back and read the replies you are refusing to reply to...I now see why you wont reply. People don't agree with your opinion and seem to have corrected you on the Ruger Charger thing. I guess discussing something vs making a one eyed statement without common logic or reasoning isn't your thing.

Please reply. I've thrown a couple of little jabs in there hoping to burr you up enough to want to back up your judgments instead of spouting and walking off. I would like to hear your reasoning for your 'anti' stance.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 19 Jul 2015, 1:28 pm

Or...

You could just go back and delete your post
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Sam45 » 19 Jul 2015, 2:12 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:Or...

You could just go back and delete your post

:clap: :thumbsdown: I certainly signed it. Not into Shotties, but hey, if they want to try on that kind of garbage to my fellow shooters I'm all aboard :thumbsup:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 19 Jul 2015, 2:22 pm

Thanks, Sam.

My last post was in reference to jonesy who challenged us to give a single example as to how anyone could justify the adler, as well as stating the ruger charger and the adler shotgun were both testing our laws and that the charger could not fall into any existing category and therefore should not be approved.

When his stance was challenged and shown to be flawed, he simply went back and deleted his post.

Poor form.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Sam45 » 19 Jul 2015, 2:26 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:Thanks, Sam.

My last post was in reference to jonesy who challenged us to give a single example as to how anyone could justify the adler, as well as stating the ruger charger and the adler shotgun were both testing our laws and that the charger could not fall into any existing category and therefore should not be approved.

When his stance was challenged and shown to be flawed, he simply went back and deleted his post.

Poor form.

Welcome mate,

Yes i read his post and found it strange seeing he is on a forum with fellow shooters and then had a little rant and then deleted it... Not sure what he was trying to achieve.
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 19 Jul 2015, 2:30 pm

On a bit of a side note, the most lethal firearm i have ever seen is a .22lr in the hands of farmers that only own .22s and shotguns. They know their rifles so well that they can successfully take shots you wouldn't imagine, and they only need the one shot.

These aren't weapons, though, they're simply tools of the trade.

It really annoys me that there is so much focus and wasted resources on more and more restrictions on legal firearms.

If only they would use these resources more constructively to reduce the black market imports, well then they may see real progress in reducing gun related crime.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Harts » 20 Jul 2015, 10:31 am

sandgroperbill wrote:These aren't weapons, though, they're simply tools of the trade.

It really annoys me that there is so much focus and wasted resources on more and more restrictions on legal firearms.

+1 for both comments.
Harts
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by 1290 » 20 Jul 2015, 1:33 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:On a bit of a side note, the most lethal firearm i have ever seen is a .22lr in the hands of farmers that only own .22s and shotguns. They know their rifles so well that they can successfully take shots you wouldn't imagine, and they only need the one shot.

These aren't weapons, though, they're simply tools of the trade.

If only they would use these resources more constructively to reduce the black market imports, well then they may see real progress in reducing gun related crime.

Havent been out much hey SGB :lol:

I get the point.....and weapons..... anytime they refer to firearms possessed by the law-abiding, they use of the 'w' term is to denigrate us, because by definition a weapon is an object, ANY object, absolutely anything either inanimate or indeed animate, either intended to be used, or used, to injure another person. Yes, it can be a firearm, it can also be a baseball bat - but baseball bats are not generally referred to as a weapon....

INTENDED TO BE USED
or
USED
to injure a person (the person could even be themselves)

& I did say animate; if you pick up a dog and throw it at someone with the intention of injuring that person, then the dog became, as soon as you decided to pick it up - A WEAPON. Even the tards themselves could be classified a weapon, maybe a tard-a-pult :unknown: :thumbsup:

of course when these mofos refer to lawfully possessed firearms as 'weapons', what they are really saying is that the owner can not possibly be trusted with them, and may at anytime go postal...,
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Jonesy » 07 Aug 2015, 5:56 pm

Quick reply to all the posts after mine rather than break down the various responses.
I deleted my post and did not reply because I realised I was on a Forum that was not in sync with my views and opinions on Firearms or
my view of the Sport in general.
Delete my account please, this forum is for the fringe members of our Sport and I do not want to be in that category.
Jonesy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by valkyrie » 07 Aug 2015, 6:48 pm

Fringe members? Im sorry but everyone i have met on this forums seems very measured in their views
Remington 700 sf .308
Mossberg 4x4 22-250
Brno model 1 .22
Trusty 12 gauge
valkyrie
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Jonesy » 07 Aug 2015, 9:48 pm

valkyrie wrote:Fringe members? Im sorry but everyone i have met on this forums seems very measured in their views

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it.
Many members of the same view agree with each other maybe?

Anyway done here.
It is a forum for persons of a certain persuasion and I am not part of that..
Enjoy yourselves guys.
Jonesy
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 07 Aug 2015, 10:22 pm

If you guys are the fringe then I must be Osama bin Laden :D

Where did I leave my fatwa...
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by pajamatime » 07 Aug 2015, 11:05 pm

Jonesy wrote:
valkyrie wrote:Fringe members? Im sorry but everyone i have met on this forums seems very measured in their views

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it.
Many members of the same view agree with each other maybe?

Anyway done here.
It is a forum for persons of a certain persuasion and I am not part of that..
Enjoy yourselves guys.

i enjoy me self in the shower...oh wait nvm
going out for a hunt... :silent:
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Aug 2015, 1:29 am

Sooo... What you're really saying is that if someone doesn't agree with you completely, they are fringe, and their opinion holds less value than yours?

Edit: fear the big stick
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Aug 2015, 11:13 am

I'm hearing the Adler will be allowed in but in a 5 shot capacity not the 7 shot version, not sure if cat changes will occur or not.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Aug 2015, 11:33 am

Yeah I don't get the mag capacity crap either (just used as an excuse to further restrict Law Abiding firearms ownership as far as I'm concerned) and won't ever affect crims who don't give a rats freckle about laws of any description so one can only assume the real target in any firearms laws changes are indeed aimed at restricting Law Abiding firearms ownership. :thumbsdown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 08 Aug 2015, 11:48 am

I think the maximum magazine capacity for Cat A is 15 rounds,even if it was 10 the Adler still complies.

I had some hoplophobe telling me using 9 pellet buckshot makes this as deadly as a full auto M16 for amount of ammo put downrange.

My American friends are saying we should not refer to 30 round Ar15 magazines as LCM or large capacity magazines, they argue 30 rounds is standard magazine size for ar15 and 90-100 round drum mags are large capacity.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 09 Aug 2015, 2:23 am

bigfellascott wrote:Yeah I don't get the mag capacity crap either (just used as an excuse to further restrict Law Abiding firearms ownership as far as I'm concerned) and won't ever affect crims who don't give a rats freckle about laws of any description so one can only assume the real target in any firearms laws changes are indeed aimed at restricting Law Abiding firearms ownership. :thumbsdown:

It is. We don't talk about it enough. The spokespeople for gun control like to misrepresent or lie about crime statistics when they get a chance or figure out a way to do it. And talk about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. But that's not what this is about.

Most of the people that support gun control realize there is always going to be crime and there is not much that can be done about it. They are not worried about criminals with guns, they are afraid of their neighbors having guns. Plain and simple. And if making access to firearms more difficult has a trickle down affect and reduces criminal access to guns a little, that's a bonus. But they know the criminals will get all they need to practice their trade. This is about you.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Heckler303 » 09 Aug 2015, 10:28 pm

Title_II wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:Yeah I don't get the mag capacity crap either (just used as an excuse to further restrict Law Abiding firearms ownership as far as I'm concerned) and won't ever affect crims who don't give a rats freckle about laws of any description so one can only assume the real target in any firearms laws changes are indeed aimed at restricting Law Abiding firearms ownership. :thumbsdown:

It is. We don't talk about it enough. The spokespeople for gun control like to misrepresent or lie about crime statistics when they get a chance or figure out a way to do it. And talk about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. But that's not what this is about.

Most of the people that support gun control realize there is always going to be crime and there is not much that can be done about it. They are not worried about criminals with guns, they are afraid of their neighbors having guns. Plain and simple. And if making access to firearms more difficult has a trickle down affect and reduces criminal access to guns a little, that's a bonus. But they know the criminals will get all they need to practice their trade. This is about you.

What possible other agenda could they have for making sure we are all disarmed? Thats the disturbing question to ask.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Yelp » 12 Aug 2015, 10:06 am

Up to 11,650 :D
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Yelp » 12 Aug 2015, 10:08 am

Jonesy wrote:Do you think having lever action Shotguns and guns like the Ruger Charger draw the attention of politicians and anti gun people?
I think it does, the few who want these style of Rifles and "Pistols" may do more damage to the majority of shooters in the long run.

Mate that makes no sense at all.

It's saying to stopping people trying to take our firearms is to get rid of our firearms so their isn't anything they want to take.

You can't seriously believe that they'll ever stop, and that if we concede half of them they won't go after the other half.
Yelp
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics