Holy crap look at this rubbish on gun control!

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Holy crap look at this rubbish on gun control!

Post by pajamatime » 15 Jul 2015, 8:13 pm

The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: holy crap look at this rubbish!

Post by AusTac » 15 Jul 2015, 8:31 pm

so it's safe to walk around with a 2 round shotgun and not safe to walk around with a 7 round shotgun?
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by 1290 » 15 Jul 2015, 8:54 pm

5 rounds sweet....
7 round - end of the world / apocalypse

really????

:unknown:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 15 Jul 2015, 8:56 pm

AusTac wrote:so it's safe to walk around with a 2 round shotgun and not safe to walk around with a 7 round shotgun?

I lost IQ points watching that...careful lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 15 Jul 2015, 9:16 pm

bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 15 Jul 2015, 9:36 pm

That video is hilarious :D

Where you see hopelessness, I see opportunity. I have a week off coming in August. I'm thinking of invading Australia. Don't be afraid, just hide your daughters, and I'll announce the new name of the country around Tuesday or Wednesday. First order of business will be to get rid of all this nonsense and second will be to smack these idiots around until they grow a pair. I'm sure within a few months you will all get pretty darn incensed and start a revolution. Then you can kick me out and get your country back :)

just kidding ;)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 15 Jul 2015, 10:24 pm

This in a nutshell is everything that is wrong with allowing a government entity to register and license firearms. Regardless of what you think about safety in society, this is just wrong. The laws are in place. These guns will all have to be licensed and registered and taxed upon purchase.... They will all be lawfully purchased and stored in a safe by law abiding citizens who had to jump through multiple hoops to be able to buy them.... These are ALL the "common sense" restrictions the Left wants here in America. And they want us to believe that once that happens, they will leave gun owners alone. Far from it. Shortly after "simple" licensing and registration is when the ramping up of bans and restrictions will all BEGIN. Australia and to a greater extent Great Britain are proof of that.

Ironic how the gun grabbers in the video are complaining about manufacturers "whittling away" at and constantly testing the laws. After all, that is how the extremists on the Left behave when they oppose something.

So now it looks like many on that side of the aisle also view Category "A" as a sort of loophole rather than an actual category. (paraphrasing) "Well this new lever action seems like the same sort of gun as a pump action, so it makes perfect sense to put it into that same, far more restrictive category".....Well no it doesn't make sense. What makes sense is reading the law and applying it as it was written. One thing is certain. People who relish controlling others never seem to run out of loopholes in the law to try and close.

Seems that Port Arthur is the go-to tragedy for just about everything they want to do w/respect to restricting guns, regardless of the fallacy of the argument.

The video to me was about watching a bunch of shrill control freaks getting upset because someone actually dared to try and import something that is by all appearances perfectly legal under the law.
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by pajamatime » 15 Jul 2015, 11:30 pm

lol yeah it was a slaughter. Edit: "cough" I mean massacre? :silent:

Title_II wrote:That video is hilarious :D

Where you see hopelessness, I see opportunity. I have a week off coming in August. I'm thinking of invading Australia. Don't be afraid, just hide your daughters, and I'll announce the new name of the country around Tuesday or Wednesday. First order of business will be to get rid of all this nonsense and second will be to smack these idiots around until they grow a pair. I'm sure within a few months you will all get pretty darn incensed and start a revolution. Then you can kick me out and get your country back :)

just kidding ;)

yeah I think Australia is overdue for a invasion anyway... :thumbsup:

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:This in a nutshell is everything that is wrong with allowing a government entity to register and license firearms. Regardless of what you think about safety in society, this is just wrong. The laws are in place. These guns will all have to be licensed and registered and taxed upon purchase.... They will all be lawfully purchased and stored in a safe by law abiding citizens who had to jump through multiple hoops to be able to buy them.... These are ALL the "common sense" restrictions the Left wants here in America. And they want us to believe that once that happens, they will leave gun owners alone. Far from it. Shortly after "simple" licensing and registration is when the ramping up of bans and restrictions will all BEGIN. Australia and to a greater extent Great Britain are proof of that.

Ironic how the gun grabbers in the video are complaining about manufacturers "whittling away" at and constantly testing the laws. After all, that is how the extremists on the Left behave when they oppose something.

So now it looks like many on that side of the aisle also view Category "A" as a sort of loophole rather than an actual category. (paraphrasing) "Well this new lever action seems like the same sort of gun as a pump action, so it makes perfect sense to put it into that same, far more restrictive category".....Well no it doesn't make sense. What makes sense is reading the law and applying it as it was written. One thing is certain. People who relish controlling others never seem to run out of loopholes in the law to try and close.

Seems that Port Arthur is the go-to tragedy for just about everything they want to do w/respect to restricting guns, regardless of the fallacy of the argument.

The video to me was about watching a bunch of shrill control freaks getting upset because someone actually dared to try and import something that is by all appearances perfectly legal under the law.
gold medalist rant right there. :drinks: :friends: nanny state needs to be buried. It's getting out of control.
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 15 Jul 2015, 11:35 pm

@Title_II
There's a spare bed at my place you're welcome to anytime you want to invade :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 16 Jul 2015, 12:18 am

Brett, thanks mate. I'll need a little room in the safe, we're converting your office to a War Room, and I don't drink Fosters. ;)

You can be the Interim State Secretary of Whoopass.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by brett1868 » 16 Jul 2015, 7:29 am

No real Aussies drink Foster's mate, that's why we export it :) My office is more like a war zone then room, it's the one room in the house my wife refuses to clean. Internship sounds great to me, I'll add the job title to my resume this morning. Pity you're not over in California as I'll be visiting my sister in-law and her husband there in October, could have been fun to catch up and plan / plot the invasion :)
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Franky » 16 Jul 2015, 7:48 am

I have to say I think it was a really balanced and well put together piece and don't see a problem here???? Yep their right "Wankers on the forums" need to shut the f*** up and others ( Genral Public) do have a right to question the legality of this item..I believe they gave Robert Nioa a fair go as well and it was a great piece of journalism IMHO
Am I disappointed were not likely to see these here YES but it seems we were never going to get them without a good Fight anyways!!! :thumbsdown: :evil: :unknown:
A wise man told me once, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Franky
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Arth » 16 Jul 2015, 1:36 pm

Completely at odds with everything you said there Franky.

It's just a lever action shotgun, the same as we've legally been allowed to have forever, even post-1996.

There is no reason at all for the attention the Adler is getting the attention other than everyone riding the bandwagon.

"it seems we were never going to get them"

Er, what? We have the same type of firearm already.

Or have you succumb to the "omfg military assassin automatic bolt action high power sniper gun" theory because it's black?

:unknown:
Arth
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Franky » 16 Jul 2015, 1:59 pm

"it seems we were never going to get them"

looks as if you have learned something from the media here???

Taking what I said out of context and casting it in your own light :unknown: :silent: :crazy:

Serious we have never been allowed 8 shot shotguns here since 1996 -yep that makes it Banned/ illegal for starters and as for the black thing were did I mention that?? Really I think it was a well put together piece and it deserves the credit due to it ...
A wise man told me once, "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Franky
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 16 Jul 2015, 5:53 pm

Franky wrote:Serious we have never been allowed 8 shot shotguns here since 1996 -yep that makes it Banned/ illegal for starters and as for the black thing were did I mention that?? Really I think it was a well put together piece and it deserves the credit due to it ...

Mate , last i checked we are allowed up to 15 rounds in a fixed mag on cat A and 10 in a detachable ?
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 21 Jul 2015, 10:46 am

Franky wrote:"it seems we were never going to get them"

looks as if you have learned something from the media here???

Taking what I said out of context and casting it in your own light :unknown: :silent: :crazy:

Serious we have never been allowed 8 shot shotguns here since 1996 -yep that makes it Banned/ illegal for starters and as for the black thing were did I mention that?? Really I think it was a well put together piece and it deserves the credit due to it ...

Hysterical fearmongering does not deserve any credit whatsoever. The elites in your government do not think law abiding citizens who have to be qualified for, then apply for, and then prove that they will safely store them at all times, still cannot be trusted with a scattergun that uses 19th century technology and fires only 8 rounds by somewhat slowly and quite inefficiently pumping a long metal lever up and down, in order to eject and feed rounds in such a manner that only an expert could manage a rate of fire anything nearly as fast as shown in the video. And to accomplish and enact their restrictions, they resort to hyperbole, fearmongering, and denigrating and demonizing gun owners in the worst and most despicable manner.... Does that level of smug elitism and misguided thinking not rub you the wrong way at all?
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by JOY » 21 Jul 2015, 8:07 pm

I know for one it gets me all hot and bothered, You(Australian Government) think I am so there for I am.
JOY
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by ChicagoTed » 26 Jul 2015, 2:25 pm

all this fuss over a simple lever action shotgun

i just sent in my paperwork for a mac10 and ordered a 5.56 upper for it

that would give them a heart attack
mossberg 500
mosin 91/30
ar15 frankengun
glock 22 gen 4
ChicagoTed
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Baronvonrort » 26 Jul 2015, 5:16 pm

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:
And to accomplish and enact their restrictions, they resort to hyperbole, fearmongering, and denigrating and demonizing gun owners in the worst and most despicable manner.... Does that level of smug elitism and misguided thinking not rub you the wrong way at all?

They would call you a drunken trigger happy redneck with a gun

:mrgreen:
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 26 Jul 2015, 8:25 pm

They would call you a drunken trigger happy redneck with a gun

I'd be calling him Sir :lol:
How's my posting?
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by SendIt » 27 Jul 2015, 10:12 am

ChicagoTed wrote:all this fuss over a simple lever action shotgun

If you applied for one here I think you'd get a knock on the door from the fuzz.
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 27 Jul 2015, 10:19 am

ChicagoTed wrote:all this fuss over a simple lever action shotgun

Where did you order a 5.56 upper for a full auto MAC? Advanced/Magtec has been dead as far as SABRE is concerned for nearly a year and I've never heard of anyone else making one.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Wheelbarrow » 29 Jul 2015, 11:32 am

Maybe someone has a workshop out the back :lol:
Nikon Monarch 4-16x42
Ruger Hawkeye Standard chambered in .270 Win
Wheelbarrow
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 29 Jul 2015, 12:27 pm

Wheelbarrow wrote:Maybe someone has a workshop out the back :lol:

They do. They just don't have them to the point where they are ready to sell them yet. I know most of those people :)

An upper (properly constructed) is not even a firearm (for most MGs). You would not even need a license to manufacture, mass produce, and sell a 5.56 upper for a MAC.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wheedle » 04 Aug 2015, 11:53 am

In quite a few states their you're allowed to make firearms as long as you don't intend to sell (like a business) them AFAIK?
wheedle
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by ChicagoTed » 26 Sep 2015, 2:29 pm

my LGS knows a guy who knows a guy, hopefully its not BS
hes supposed to be at the next knob creek shoot so ill know in a few weeks
mossberg 500
mosin 91/30
ar15 frankengun
glock 22 gen 4
ChicagoTed
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 26 Sep 2015, 2:56 pm

wheedle wrote:In quite a few states their you're allowed to make firearms as long as you don't intend to sell (like a business) them AFAIK?

In America? Almost all states.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by winchestersx » 26 Sep 2015, 6:16 pm

Franky wrote:I have to say I think it was a really balanced and well put together piece and don't see a problem here???? Yep their right "Wankers on the forums" need to shut the f*** up and others ( Genral Public) do have a right to question the legality of this item..I believe they gave Robert Nioa a fair go as well and it was a great piece of journalism IMHO
Am I disappointed were not likely to see these here YES but it seems we were never going to get them without a good Fight anyways!!! :thumbsdown: :evil: :unknown:

Nice try at whipping up the natives Agent Franky.
Fight for Freedom!
winchestersx
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by wheedle » 29 Sep 2015, 9:28 am

Title_II wrote:In America? Almost all states.

Yeah I meant the US.
wheedle
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Firearms related media and politics