Gun Control Australia

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Gun Control Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 16 Jul 2015, 3:07 pm

I found GCA's website-
http://www.guncontrolaustralia.org/our_policies

1.They want to ban semi auto pistols
(Pure idiocy will not stop crims importing them,makes it harder for Police forensics with no brass left at crime scene,LAFO are not the problem according to Police evidence at senate inquiry.)

2.They want to stop hunting in National parks for safety,leave it to pro shooters they say
(No recorded incidents from LAFO in National Parks, you have to book in so not like hunters can just rock up wherever they please)

3.They say semi auto firearms have no place in Oz
(They want to disarm farmers with Cat C and pro's with Cat D,government guidelines for aerial culling mandate use of semi auto,how many recorded crimes with lic/reg Cat C&D since 1996 is it zip zero zilch where is the evidence to justify taking semi auto guns from farmers/pro shooters)

4.Audit of gun laws
(Gun laws are a state responsibility why should this be changed?)

5.Acquisition of firearms-
(Pure idiocy,do we have to tell them why a .22lr is used,a ,223 or .308 or perhaps a shotty, there is a reason why people have more than 1 gun.

Minors-Ban them
(I don't have a problem with kids shooting under adult supervision)

Try before you buy- They want to remove the 650B form which allows people to try shooting
(Try before you buy...lmao at this idiocy.)

National committee on gun violence-To establish a NCGV in response to growing gun violence in Australia.
(The senate inquiry had police saying over 90% of gun crimes are done by unlicensed and unregistered firearms,i thought hoplophobes were saying our 1996 laws reduced gun crimes can they make up their minds on this one)

Domestic violence-In NSW , a person who has been subject to an AVO may still gain access to their firearm,even when it was revoked due to the order.
(The 1996 firearms act is quite clear on this, an AVO disqualifies you from having a firearm licence for 10 years in NSW, no licence means no guns, this is pure bulls**t from GCA,if a licensed gun owner can access his guns while subject to an AVO then the police have failed to enforce very clear laws.)
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Gun Control Australia

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 16 Jul 2015, 6:21 pm

these type of people over look the facts like its easier to buy an illegal fire arm than to get a licence, or even in quite a few cases make a luty type smg .
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Jul 2015, 7:04 pm

GCA Is all about emmotions, not facts. Just like a woman.
Dont mean to be sexist, IMO just the way it is in most cases.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 17 Jul 2015, 12:03 am

Oldbloke wrote:GCA Is all about emmotions, not facts. Just like a woman.

Don't worry ladies. It's all about your diet anyways. I put my wife on a raw food diet and her hormones have balanced out real good. Lol

In relation to GCA though...those hoplophobic policies are a pretty good indicator of mental illness and irrational fear and a complete lack of knowledge and respect. I wonder what their hobbies and interests are? Maybe we should lobby to nanny state their interests lol. Some people lack empathy and a greater understanding.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by DML » 17 Jul 2015, 12:06 am

pajamatime wrote:GCA... ... I wonder what their hobbies and interests are? Maybe we should lobby to nanny state their interests lol.

Someone's already done that for us. I'm pretty sure bestiality is already illegal in Australia.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by SendIt » 17 Jul 2015, 1:58 pm

The whole "organisation" is a sham.

Should be called "One man afraid of guns"

I note their, sorry I mean his, Facebook page has 590 followers, his twitter account has 5 :lol: Australia has somewhere in the neighbourhood of 900,000 firearm license holders I believe, and 3,500,000 legally owned firearms?

The very definition of a vocal minority here. 30 years of crap from him and nothing else.

Just to top things off here is what a judge thought of John Crook when the SSAA took him to court.

In his opening for the plaintiff, Mr Wilson described Crook as a zealot - a description I regard as being only slightly exaggerated. In the considerable time he spent in the witness box, Crook gave the impression of being particularly dedicated to, and almost obsessed with the subject of gun control.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_Contr ... on_history

Zealot is the word. As we know zealotry and connections to reality don't mix.
Sako 85 Hunter Laminated Stainless 30-06 Sprg
Zeiss Conquest HD5 2-10x42

Winchester 1892 44-40
SendIt
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 19 Jul 2015, 8:12 am

Just read about John Howard being interviewed by Andrew Denton about the 20th anniversary of the Port Arthur incident. It's an invitation only event and all proceeds are going to GCA. Happening in Sydney in Sydney at the Museuem of Contemporary Arts.

Maybe it's time we found some prominent individuals who are prepared to go on record (or be interviewed like Mr Howard and Mr Denton) as being opposed to the constant bashing of licensed firearm owners?
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by DML » 19 Jul 2015, 8:41 pm

People only need to look at the tried and tired tactics used by the ABC...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-23/k ... hs/4904576

Cherry picking data to make it look like the $500,000,000 buyback had an impact on gun crime and gun deaths.

The ABS makes it difficult to gather data which shows before and after 1996 (probably as they're in on the whole "ban guns" rubbish), but when it's all dragged out, the big picture shows what a lie Howard and his hoplophobic supporters have been (and still are) running...

Big picture...
http://postimg.org/image/wmwpvnvsh/

Notice the trend which began in 1986. Slight peak and drop after 1996, but a continuing decline at the same rate until about 2005. You won't see this information from GCA, Howard or the ABC (or Fairfax, News Corp, the US Federal Government or the United Nations).

For members of GCA, who can't recognise a trend if their life depended on it, here is a graph which shows the trend clearly...
http://postimg.org/image/md9x7f0ox/

Couple this with the homicide rates regarding firearms, which shows a decline since the late 1960s (shown on the page below), and we're left with clear evidence of a country that has been reducing firearm related deaths for almost half a century regardless of firearm ownership law changes.

http://www.aic.gov.au/statistics/homicide.html
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 19 Jul 2015, 10:09 pm

When ABS makes it difficult to gather data which shows before and after 1996 (probably as they're in on the whole "ban guns" rubbish), but when it's all dragged out, the big picture shows what a lie Howard and his hoplophobic supporters have been (and still are) running...

Mate, when people say that they're religion is Jedi Master and that they have 3 UFO landing zones (but masquerading as solar panels) the ABS data became irrelevant the 2nd time it came around (I'm not having a dig at you incidentally, just making a point).

How can data that is so inaccurate be relied on? Ok, if you want to be. Jedi Master, go for it (don't knock on my door asking for donations), but, figures can lie and liars can figure from my experience.

Quite simply, there needs to be more vocal (with absolutely no hint of harassment, infantile behavior; like GCA et all, no violence and no idiots) support of owning a firearm in Australia for your chosen sport. Self defence is a totally different discussion.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by DML » 20 Jul 2015, 2:18 am

Incomplete parts of that ABS data is all I've ever seen used to support the NFA. It pays to have it made public in its entirety.

Just because something happened in the midst of a decline (10 years after it began), doesn't mean it is responsible for that decline. That is crystal clear and needs to be shown whenever and wherever these idiots bring up their cherry-picked data.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 20 Jul 2015, 6:46 am

DML wrote:Incomplete parts of that ABS data is all I've ever seen used to support the NFA. It pays to have it made public in its entirety.

Just because something happened in the midst of a decline (10 years after it began), doesn't mean it is responsible for that decline. That is crystal clear and needs to be shown whenever and wherever these idiots bring up their cherry-picked data.

That was Howard's entire philosophy of government. Oh look at us unemployment is low because of use, interest rates are low etc etc

When in reality these things were declining from the previous govt time.

With regards to GCA, we need to be careful as they are small but have contributed to do amazing damage to our sport. Never underestimate your opponent.
Last edited by Wylie27 on 20 Jul 2015, 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 20 Jul 2015, 6:46 am

pajamatime wrote:

Don't worry ladies. It's all about your diet anyways. I put my wife on a raw food diet and her hormones have balanced out real good. Lol

I handcuffed my GF to the steam pipe in my basement and she became far more sensitive to me needs ;)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by 1290 » 20 Jul 2015, 10:39 am

The tards have used/abused homicide and suicide data ever since they realised the sheeple accept every graph, pie chart or number presented to them, the ABS is semi-competent, does a good job of assembling tables of data, thats it, can you believe all the numbers?

No.

They use almost 2000 'cause of death' categories to present/manipulate the data to present any interpretation THAT THEYRE REQUIRED TO PRESENT TO SUIT THE POLITICAL MESSAGE.....

Just look at the total homicide data, "Oh homicide is down this year significantly, doing a good job.... Oh its up, we need to :_ _ _ _ _ _ _ <insert desired need]

Looking at homicide (all means,guns, knives, physical force, etc)

2010 -initially it was reported at 243, later release corrected to 258
2011 -initially reported as 188 (yeah good job law enforces!) later release adjusted to 229, next adjusted to 243!!! Thats a +30% correction....!
2012 -initially 273 becomes 287.... will this grow again this year after all the 'review' are undertaken?
2013 -216, most recent data, what will this figure be in 3 years? at 30% it becomes almost 300!
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 20 Jul 2015, 11:42 am

Title_II wrote:
pajamatime wrote:

I handcuffed my GF to the steam pipe in my basement and she became far more sensitive to me needs ;)

see that cloud of dust out in the distance to our west? thats the 82nd extremist feminist battalion mobilizing to your location lmao Call to arms...
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Herdsman » 20 Jul 2015, 11:50 am

Wylie27 wrote:With regards to GCA, we need to be careful as they are small but have contributed to do amazing damage to our sport. Never underestimate your opponent.

Talk loud enough and long enough (them I mean) and eventually a vocal minority gets it's way if you let it.
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 20 Jul 2015, 12:39 pm

Herdsman wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:With regards to GCA, we need to be careful as they are small but have contributed to do amazing damage to our sport. Never underestimate your opponent.

Talk loud enough and long enough (them I mean) and eventually a vocal minority gets it's way if you let it.

adopt Art of war. =)
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by 1290 » 20 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm

I'll post a bunch of graphics and try to blow the tards theories that the 1996 gun laws saved humanity... from a homicide and suicide perspective, by looking at the full context, not 10 yrs, not simply since 96...but over a century, so maybe, just maybe you can work out the real trends...and if / when they started.

I firmly believe that suicide and homicide by ALL means, guns knives anything; are a product of the state of society and the economic conditions, perhaps also a relationship with the regulatory factors (ie, if laws are particularly easy going or tyrannical) AND have ZERO to do with the numbers of firearms possessed by lawful bona fide members of the community.

IF you look at suicide, you can pretty much map the major historical events, depression follows, suicide increases, decreases, in waves, Non firearm suicide peaks 97/98, fall starts rising again after 2006.
Firearm suicide is more consistent until 1986 WHEN IT STARTS DROPPING.
Even a tard can see that the although there was a slight dip in 98 then it returns to the trendline before asymptotically leveling out.
1915-2013.gif
1915-2013.gif (13.27 KiB) Viewed 5043 times

Firearm homicide; more evident in the following tighter graph, was quite flat, but after 88 started trending down, smoothing out / moving averaging out you could draw a straight line from 1984 to 2005 or later..... and trending up ever since.

1980-2013.gif
1980-2013.gif (12.58 KiB) Viewed 5043 times

Next combines to provide total homicide rate...(all means). A few interesting observations; 1996 produced no OUTLIER data point.....(=with the trend/expected numbers! huh ?) and rate peaks during 1999. Maybe the murderers didnt get the 'we made a safer society memo'!!
webpreview_htm_m7617148b.gif
webpreview_htm_m7617148b.gif (13.33 KiB) Viewed 5043 times

You can see a general downward trend from 88 that I would say flatens out after 96! before dropping again after 2002-2004.
(I've mislabeled - should not be firearm, but all homicide)

Can you really say the 1996 PAM laws made any significant change? Any change?

In relation to the data, as I recall I sourced from ABS & AIC, for some strange reason it was not complete, not in any one location or document and had to be assembled..... you think these guys didnt want us to have the big picture or something... :silent:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 20 Jul 2015, 7:53 pm

Love it... That is all
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 21 Jul 2015, 10:20 am

This is what the Greentards and all gun grabbers and associated hoplophobes see;

Wow! we've saved thousands of people, victory comrades!
grabbers.gif
grabbers.gif (10.45 KiB) Viewed 4698 times

This is what I see; I society that didnt suddenly change during 1996/97(big fat arrow).

Although the trends can be interpreted in many way, include outliers, remove outliers curved trend straight etc....
-Looking at the yellow total homicide line, the ALWAYS disregarded by the grabbers total rate (because it includes non-firearm! and non-firearm deaths are insignificant to these tards) You can interpret a reducing trend per the line or even if you disregard the outlier from 1988, the rate clearly starts dropping after 1992, even with the PAM contribution.
-Non firearm homicide, again, if you look at the trend from 88 to 98 there is a clear relatively uninterrupted trend. THEN is the rate increasing?? for 6 or 7 years? One thing is also clear, again smoothing out for the +/- outliers the rate is consistent through to 2003/04.
-So considering the blue line (the thin blue line....) firearm homicide, I don't really need to say too much, but my random trend line sticks pretty darn close to the data points from 1983 to 2008!!!
One interesting point, if you entirely disregard the contribution from Port Arthur during 1996, the trend (data point at centre of star), would have been identical AND if you turn back to 1995 and created a 'prognostication' of firearm homicide rate, you may have come up with THE SAME TREND LINE UP TO 2008!!!!
but in fact, with the lull in the rate from 93 to 95, it may have pulled the trend further southward, and produced an even lower estimate; ie. PAM laws = higher effective firearm homicide rate! Does that mean the laws "should be more stringent"?? or where all those drowned out voices that warned more tougher laws will make it easier for the outlaws to perpetrate crime, correct? All up to interpretation now. One thing is for sure; this wont be discussed in the mainstream media.
homicide trend.jpg
homicide trend.jpg (116.3 KiB) Viewed 4698 times
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 21 Jul 2015, 10:31 am

1290 needs to start a lobby group or get involved in one that's being discussed on here.

Best commentary on many issues (no, I don't know him personally, but, he reads like an asset) that the SSAA are not using publicly - that I'm yet to see anyway.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 21 Jul 2015, 10:49 am

1290, great charts, thanks!

I stole two of them.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Wylie27 » 21 Jul 2015, 10:57 am

Needs to be in a pie graph,, sheeples love pie graphs.

seriously though these need to get to the SFP..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 21 Jul 2015, 11:02 am

Title_II wrote:1290, great charts, thanks!

I stole two of them.

No worries, steal away, if you intend to republish and need them prettied up or want selected trends added or removed, let me know.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by DML » 21 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm

1290 wrote:This is what the Greentards and all gun grabbers and associated hoplophobes see;

That's what I was saying with the ABS "death by firearm" data on the previous page. The facts aren't on their side, so they've taken a narrow sample of the data so that it supports their case. The sheeple in Australia see it, then think to themselves, "Gee, we took the piss out of that John Howard, but boy was he on to it with those gun laws." Only the law-abiding firearm owners, who have so much to lose at the hands of the GCA idiots, bother to research the data and get the whole picture.

The out-of-context graphs used by the police/government, ABC and GCA are no different to the following: Imagine a graph which shows that the amount of daylight increases from 6AM to 12 noon. Because John Smith gets out of bed at 6AM, then his action of getting out of bed at that time caused the day to get brighter from that point onwards.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 21 Jul 2015, 9:00 pm

Thats a good analogy......

When these tards present the data, selective as it is, theyre not outright lying, just being deceptive.... and no matter what subject, they do it well "Ohhhh we're not talking about the rate from 10yrs before now!!"

or perhaps : "It was the hottest day in 100 years!!!!!! Climate change I tell You! Its those see-oww-twosss"
Dont worry about the previous 4600Million years of the earths climate history.... same thing - selective data. Theyre not lying; just not telling the whole story.

Bob Katter, bless his muzzle loading thingamajig on this wall at home (I think it was a 60minutes story?) if only he was a smidge more switched on to this selective / manipulative data thing.... instead of referring to the more gun deaths before than after PAM (2013 ABC-RN interview against the witch Milne) he could have referred to the well established trends that continued after 1996..... but anyway, I might send him a little email with an email, with a few graphs, that way the Gaybeesee wont 'factcheck' him and make him out and 'prove' him to be wrong. :thumbsdown:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 24 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm

where did Gun Control Australia get their statistics from because they don't directly link to anything but themselves? can't trust a clearly biased site with its own statistics? probably been messed around with most likely in ways that may go unnoticed.

Edit: lets buy our selves a main stream media channel lol
wait is it gun policy or gun control? they all have gun in em..bloody useless.
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by DML » 24 Jul 2015, 6:15 pm

It's all there. How can you not trust statements like these...
Gun Control Australia wrote:In 1996, 35 Australians were killed and 18 injured by one man with semi-automatic rifles at Port Arthur. That massacre led to smarter regulation of firearm ownership, storage and movement, including a national registration program, licensing system, and a ban on semi-automatic rifles.

These laws greatly reduced homicides, suicides, robberies and massacres with a firearm across Australia.

Gun Control Australia wrote:Over 9,000 firearms have been stolen between 2004 and 2012. The majority of these firearms were stolen from residential dwellings.

Here's a classic...
Gun Control Australia wrote:Semi-automatic handguns are still legally available across Australia.

Yeah, handguns are available... but I wouldn't call legally-acquired handguns easy or cheap to get and maintain ownership of. Given how much red tape and expense is involved with owning a handgun, what they won't say is that semi-automatic handguns are also illegally available across Australia, and illegally imported handguns are the primary source of these types of firearm for criminal use.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Harper » 27 Jul 2015, 9:41 am

pajamatime wrote:where did Gun Control Australia get their statistics from because they don't directly link to anything but themselves?

Out of their ***** I suspect.
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Return to Firearms related media and politics