Gun Control Australia

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Gun Control Australia

Post by 1290 » 21 Jul 2015, 10:20 am

This is what the Greentards and all gun grabbers and associated hoplophobes see;

Wow! we've saved thousands of people, victory comrades!
grabbers.gif
grabbers.gif (10.45 KiB) Viewed 4672 times

This is what I see; I society that didnt suddenly change during 1996/97(big fat arrow).

Although the trends can be interpreted in many way, include outliers, remove outliers curved trend straight etc....
-Looking at the yellow total homicide line, the ALWAYS disregarded by the grabbers total rate (because it includes non-firearm! and non-firearm deaths are insignificant to these tards) You can interpret a reducing trend per the line or even if you disregard the outlier from 1988, the rate clearly starts dropping after 1992, even with the PAM contribution.
-Non firearm homicide, again, if you look at the trend from 88 to 98 there is a clear relatively uninterrupted trend. THEN is the rate increasing?? for 6 or 7 years? One thing is also clear, again smoothing out for the +/- outliers the rate is consistent through to 2003/04.
-So considering the blue line (the thin blue line....) firearm homicide, I don't really need to say too much, but my random trend line sticks pretty darn close to the data points from 1983 to 2008!!!
One interesting point, if you entirely disregard the contribution from Port Arthur during 1996, the trend (data point at centre of star), would have been identical AND if you turn back to 1995 and created a 'prognostication' of firearm homicide rate, you may have come up with THE SAME TREND LINE UP TO 2008!!!!
but in fact, with the lull in the rate from 93 to 95, it may have pulled the trend further southward, and produced an even lower estimate; ie. PAM laws = higher effective firearm homicide rate! Does that mean the laws "should be more stringent"?? or where all those drowned out voices that warned more tougher laws will make it easier for the outlaws to perpetrate crime, correct? All up to interpretation now. One thing is for sure; this wont be discussed in the mainstream media.
homicide trend.jpg
homicide trend.jpg (116.3 KiB) Viewed 4672 times
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 21 Jul 2015, 10:31 am

1290 needs to start a lobby group or get involved in one that's being discussed on here.

Best commentary on many issues (no, I don't know him personally, but, he reads like an asset) that the SSAA are not using publicly - that I'm yet to see anyway.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 21 Jul 2015, 10:49 am

1290, great charts, thanks!

I stole two of them.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Wylie27 » 21 Jul 2015, 10:57 am

Needs to be in a pie graph,, sheeples love pie graphs.

seriously though these need to get to the SFP..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by 1290 » 21 Jul 2015, 11:02 am

Title_II wrote:1290, great charts, thanks!

I stole two of them.

No worries, steal away, if you intend to republish and need them prettied up or want selected trends added or removed, let me know.
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by DML » 21 Jul 2015, 8:34 pm

1290 wrote:This is what the Greentards and all gun grabbers and associated hoplophobes see;

That's what I was saying with the ABS "death by firearm" data on the previous page. The facts aren't on their side, so they've taken a narrow sample of the data so that it supports their case. The sheeple in Australia see it, then think to themselves, "Gee, we took the piss out of that John Howard, but boy was he on to it with those gun laws." Only the law-abiding firearm owners, who have so much to lose at the hands of the GCA idiots, bother to research the data and get the whole picture.

The out-of-context graphs used by the police/government, ABC and GCA are no different to the following: Imagine a graph which shows that the amount of daylight increases from 6AM to 12 noon. Because John Smith gets out of bed at 6AM, then his action of getting out of bed at that time caused the day to get brighter from that point onwards.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by 1290 » 21 Jul 2015, 9:00 pm

Thats a good analogy......

When these tards present the data, selective as it is, theyre not outright lying, just being deceptive.... and no matter what subject, they do it well "Ohhhh we're not talking about the rate from 10yrs before now!!"

or perhaps : "It was the hottest day in 100 years!!!!!! Climate change I tell You! Its those see-oww-twosss"
Dont worry about the previous 4600Million years of the earths climate history.... same thing - selective data. Theyre not lying; just not telling the whole story.

Bob Katter, bless his muzzle loading thingamajig on this wall at home (I think it was a 60minutes story?) if only he was a smidge more switched on to this selective / manipulative data thing.... instead of referring to the more gun deaths before than after PAM (2013 ABC-RN interview against the witch Milne) he could have referred to the well established trends that continued after 1996..... but anyway, I might send him a little email with an email, with a few graphs, that way the Gaybeesee wont 'factcheck' him and make him out and 'prove' him to be wrong. :thumbsdown:
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 24 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm

where did Gun Control Australia get their statistics from because they don't directly link to anything but themselves? can't trust a clearly biased site with its own statistics? probably been messed around with most likely in ways that may go unnoticed.

Edit: lets buy our selves a main stream media channel lol
wait is it gun policy or gun control? they all have gun in em..bloody useless.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by DML » 24 Jul 2015, 6:15 pm

It's all there. How can you not trust statements like these...
Gun Control Australia wrote:In 1996, 35 Australians were killed and 18 injured by one man with semi-automatic rifles at Port Arthur. That massacre led to smarter regulation of firearm ownership, storage and movement, including a national registration program, licensing system, and a ban on semi-automatic rifles.

These laws greatly reduced homicides, suicides, robberies and massacres with a firearm across Australia.

Gun Control Australia wrote:Over 9,000 firearms have been stolen between 2004 and 2012. The majority of these firearms were stolen from residential dwellings.

Here's a classic...
Gun Control Australia wrote:Semi-automatic handguns are still legally available across Australia.

Yeah, handguns are available... but I wouldn't call legally-acquired handguns easy or cheap to get and maintain ownership of. Given how much red tape and expense is involved with owning a handgun, what they won't say is that semi-automatic handguns are also illegally available across Australia, and illegally imported handguns are the primary source of these types of firearm for criminal use.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Harper » 27 Jul 2015, 9:41 am

pajamatime wrote:where did Gun Control Australia get their statistics from because they don't directly link to anything but themselves?

Out of their ***** I suspect.
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Return to Firearms related media and politics