Adler Shotgun to be banned by PM Tony Abbott

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Adler Shotgun to be banned by PM Tony Abbott

Post by Title_II » 28 Jul 2015, 6:35 am

anthillinside wrote:@ Pennsylvania Yank.
Exactly correct.
You have a very good insight into our situation.
From your previuos posts I think you have been through it in your own country in it's own unique way.
And I appreciate your sharing the knoweledge. :friends:

pajamatime wrote:
anthillinside wrote:@ Pennsylvania Yank....

yeah his opinions are more then welcome here. I personally can't fault him.
Hes right the time for tippy toeing about has done nothing but slow disarmament not stop it.

Um, guys, read the thread again. I said all that stuff, Yank never did. He just pointed out why I was mistaken :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Wylie27 » 28 Jul 2015, 6:43 am

Pajamatime,

I was banned from the SSAA Facebook page for asking what are they doing about this latest attack.. When I followed it up I was told it was a derogatory attack on the SSAA brand.

Yep. They are useless and weak. I like the Sydney branch they are righting but the National branch just shut up shop and go home.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 28 Jul 2015, 7:21 am

SSAA's response, looks appropriate at this stage of the battle. Lays out some facts and asks the right questions.

http://www.ssaansw.org.au/index.php/home-page-articles/449-ssaa-open-letter-to-justice-minister
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Harper » 28 Jul 2015, 11:42 am

anthillinside wrote:Do anything and everything you can

I will eat this pancake in front of me in support of Adler :lol:
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by trekin » 28 Jul 2015, 2:03 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Pajamatime,

I was banned from the SSAA Facebook page for asking what are they doing about this latest attack.. When I followed it up I was told it was a derogatory attack on the SSAA brand.

Yep. They are useless and weak. I like the Sydney branch they are righting but the National branch just shut up shop and go home.

At least you didn't cop a life time ban like SSAA QLD did to large number of members up here in '97, when they pushed them to answer why they didn't take the then police minister's offer of adding sports use as genuine reason for Cat C/D.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 28 Jul 2015, 2:12 pm

Harper wrote:
anthillinside wrote:Do anything and everything you can

I will eat this pancake in front of me in support of Adler :lol:

Double your efforts by eating 2 :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wylie27 » 28 Jul 2015, 2:26 pm

trekin wrote:

At least you didn't cop a life time ban like SSAA QLD did to large number of members up here in '97, when they pushed them to answer why they didn't take the then police minister's offer of adding sports use as genuine reason for Cat C/D.

that is insane..why the hell didn't they.. god damned inept organisation.. I do like the turn around the Sydney branch has had.. stepping in the right direction defending the ssaa constitution.

i find it funny i was banned for asking if they have a template of messages we should send and will they run advertising campaign..lol
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 28 Jul 2015, 5:05 pm

Wylie27 wrote:
trekin wrote:

that is insane..why the hell didn't they.. god damned inept organisation.. I do like the turn around the Sydney branch has had.. stepping in the right direction defending the ssaa constitution.

i find it funny i was banned for asking if they have a template of messages we should send and will they run advertising campaign..lol

Yeah, something to do with a $3 mil grant and a set of keys from the Feds.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 30 Jul 2015, 9:04 am

bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by VICHunter » 04 Aug 2015, 4:08 pm

I thought this would have all blown over by now as it's a storm in a tea cup but I was wrong.

Looks like it could well be one more incremental gun grab.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by DML » 07 Aug 2015, 9:42 pm

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/sport/ ... 7474092079

With so much riding on this, he should've been kicked out if he didn't resign. Yeah, you can compare the lever to a pump, but only if that comparison is logical (ie. calling for pump actions to be put in Category A, where levers have been since the beginning, if they are so similar). If you can't hold the line, then get out of the way and let somebody else take your place... you're just going to do us damage.

The anti-freedom, globalist, gun-hating idiots are amassing (all 20 of them) and they see a small bump in the road - the freeway - to the complete ruin of Australia, and they'll work hammer and tong to get that bump smoothed and have us doing 200km/h in the direction of total pussification if pressure isn't maintained.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Aug 2015, 12:40 am

Might be still on with a 5 shot mag apparently - time will tell I guess.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 08 Aug 2015, 1:52 pm

I'm still holding out some hope reason will prevail and they'll allow a 5 round version as well.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Aug 2015, 4:49 pm

bigfellascott wrote:Might be still on with a 5 shot mag apparently - time will tell I guess.

I'd be more than happy with a 5 shot version, in fact I'm surprised that they haven't renamed it and plugged the tube to keep them flowing in.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 08 Aug 2015, 5:26 pm

I still have my name down for one. I'm still hoping for a 7 round. Im expecting a 5 round, but hoping for a seven.

Edit: accidentally hit submit halfway through the post
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by DML » 08 Aug 2015, 5:41 pm

If it's a matter of 5 round vs 7 round, it would be absolutely tragic. Besides the obvious face-palming stupidity with such a situation, imagine the money and time being wasted over such an issue. Abbott and friends are the true criminals.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by aaronjo » 08 Aug 2015, 5:58 pm

Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst...
Beretta 87 Target 22LR
Walther PPQ M2 9mm
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .223
aaronjo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by DML » 08 Aug 2015, 6:32 pm

bentaz wrote:just depend on weather or not they put their tard hats on and move it to cat C.

Just the fact that that secret piece of s**t was written for Customs, I think we can safely assume that the 'tard hat is already out and being donned by many assholes who are, once again, demonstrating their capacity to be oxygen thieves.

If all that was wasted in this debacle were a couple of pages of A4, then that would still be a tragic waste, but we all know that much, much more will be wasted for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON with this saga. It won't be of the scale of Howarsehole's half-billion-dollar steal-back, but it'll still be a dead-set waste with no community benefit whatsoever.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Wes » 12 Aug 2015, 10:33 am

aaronjo wrote:Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst...

Usually the later lately it seems. :thumbsdown: :(
Wes
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by trekin » 12 Aug 2015, 1:11 pm

How much of a hypocrite can the mad monk be, first we have at least one pollie and the media both national and inter national gearing up for the big ban job,
http://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/nitv-news/ar ... gemitegate
Yesterday, BBC News quoted the minister as saying, Vegemite was "a precursor to misery" and bought in bulk to make moonshine.

Then Abbot stepped in and said that his Govt wasn't into over regulation and to police the existing laws.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015 ... mite-watch
Prime Minister Tony Abbott doesn't want to see Australia's signature spread put on "Vegemite watch" amid concerns it's being used to brew alcohol.

Mr Abbott says it is important to ensure remote communities are being properly policed but insists his is a deregulatory government.

Very hypocritical, considering more people, Indigenous and whites, are killed by alcohol per year, then by firearms.
Well mister PM, I for one am calling you out on this, you are nothing mor than a two-faced, back stabbing, public funds grabbing, bulls!@t artist, whose only political interest is run this country into the ground!!
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by DML » 12 Aug 2015, 2:45 pm

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/f ... 7478967425

After the d**kheads tried to ban the Adler lever action shotgun, a five-shot version is being prepared for importation later in the year. Hopefully it'll be easy to modify the magazine tube so that it can hold 10 or so.

Non-removable magazines in Category A are usually limitless, so any modification will be completely legal. It's just a Customs rule that the filthy, oxygen-thieving bastards tried.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by chacka » 17 Aug 2015, 10:18 am

trekin wrote:Very hypocritical, considering more people, Indigenous and whites, are killed by alcohol per year, then by firearms.

And not just more, hundreds of times the amount of alcohol deaths vs firearms.
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 17 Aug 2015, 10:21 am

chacka wrote:
trekin wrote:Very hypocritical, considering more people, Indigenous and whites, are killed by alcohol per year, then by firearms.

And not just more, hundreds of times the amount of alcohol deaths vs firearms.

And overdosing on drug. Yet, I don't see much in the media to ban alcohol, of course. Alcohol has practically next to no use, yet at 18 years of age its perfectly legal to purchase and drink, fueling bogans everywhere. A firearm is useful in a LOT of ways, whether it would be hunting, pest control, sport and defense.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by valkyrie » 17 Aug 2015, 12:54 pm

Compare the sport of shooting ti say motorsport. Shooting has many BENEFITS for the environment while motorsport pollutes the atmosphere. And the public inconvineince that motorsport causes ie. Traffic restrictions during the clipsal 500, is just ridiculous where shooting has not detrimental effects on the general public. Yet one receives millions of dolloars of investment from the government and is called a national sport and the other is demonised by society. If you ask me they have it the wrong way around
Remington 700 sf .308
Mossberg 4x4 22-250
Brno model 1 .22
Trusty 12 gauge
valkyrie
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 17 Aug 2015, 6:03 pm

:clap: Good read.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by KWhorenet » 17 Aug 2015, 6:19 pm

Bentman,

Was about to post the same NIOA message as a stand alone topic. I think it is worth it to get the message out as its not just about the Adler.

Not to steal your thunder, just some people are sick of hearing about the Adler and may miss the content and contacts.

Cheers.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Usurper » 24 Aug 2015, 10:10 am

bentaz wrote:It was also revealed last week that the suspension of the import of the Adler 7 Shot Shotgun was instigated when every single State Police Minister personally requested that Minister Keenan suspend the importation of the firearm. None of the Ministers had sought any information about the firearm from industry, none of them had seen the gun and it has become apparent that their decision was based on the misguided belief that the firearm had some new technology that allowed the lever to operate faster than traditional lever action firearms. This has since been demonstrated to be untrue and exposed as a myth being peddled by the extremist group Gun Control Australia and the Greens.

Why are we not surprised :roll:
.308 CZ 550 American
.222 Tikka Varmint
.357 Mag Marlin 1894
Usurper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 25 Aug 2015, 12:34 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 13 Feb 2017, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Triang » 27 Aug 2015, 3:55 pm

They read on the internet that it was bad so it must be true :roll:
Howa Axiom .308 --- Nikko Stirling Nighteater 3-10x42
Ruger 77/357
Marlin 25N .22 --- Weaver Kaspa 3-9x40
Triang
Private