Adler Shotgun to be banned by PM Tony Abbott

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Adler Shotgun to be banned by PM Tony Abbott

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jul 2015, 6:09 am

bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Adler Shotgun to be banned by PM Tony Abbott

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jul 2015, 6:15 am

Looks like you boys who pre purchased one ain't going to get to use it :thumbsdown: All I can say is if you haven't joined your SFP in your State do so so we can have some sort of say in things like this in the future.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Sam45 » 26 Jul 2015, 8:41 am

To be honest I'm not surprised in the least. The advertising and promotion for the gun was it's downfall. Should have just kept it on the quiet and IMHO word of mouth would have been more than enough to get this awesome gun to the market. Like 7,000 pre oders. Pretty darn good for a new gun. Unfortunately it's success was it's undoing.
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by gazza » 26 Jul 2015, 8:45 am

Spewing!
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by David Brown » 26 Jul 2015, 9:07 am

I have already written to the PM and my local member plus a few others.

Time for all of us to stand up and act. Write, phone and social media the heck out of them, every one of them.

Time to push the S&FP to stand in every seat at the next federal election, with a conservative platform, and preferably sensible, practical business owner types, who if they get voted in can actually be effective and not found wanting.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Newdave » 26 Jul 2015, 9:09 am

Sam wake up buddy. This is part of a much bigger agenda to move all lever , pumps and even straight pulls to cat c . They just used the Adler to push there agenda in the media. This is just the start.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 26 Jul 2015, 9:26 am

And there are how many lever actions for sale in .357 mag, .44 mag etc?

This is a knee jerk reaction by a ding bat - hopefully the people representing us are doing what's needed?

If not, we are toast in time. You'll be lucky to shoot a .22 single shot rifle one day I fear.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 26 Jul 2015, 9:42 am

How is it that Tony won't hold a vote on gay marriage despite 10's of thousands of people demanding it, yet acts immediately to ban the Adler based on the squawking of so few??
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 26 Jul 2015, 9:47 am

How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 26 Jul 2015, 10:23 am

I think everyone should send Tony an email even if they are like me and have no desire for this Adler, I have sent many and they reply to all of them, we should clog his inbox with emails.

It's despicable claiming heightened terrorist threats are the justification for this absurd nonsense to attack LAFO.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Newdave » 26 Jul 2015, 10:28 am

They don't care what we say. That so called justice minister is still claiming lever actions are new technology for Christ sake . This is going to be as bad as 96 .
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 26 Jul 2015, 11:02 am

When will you lot realise that Abbot wading in at this time, has nothing to do with making society safer from criminal/terrorist acts, but has everything to do with saving face. There is only one thing Abbot is running scared of, and that is;
There are NO Adler shot guns in Aus at all at this time, (apart from those with NIOA for testing) , there are 7000 ready to be imported and sold to suitably authorised LAFOs, that is to say that ALL 7000 Adler’s will be accounted for from the moment their arrive on our shores. If ONE Adler should be found to have been used in a criminal/terrorist act that cannot be traced back to have been stolen from a LAFO, then that, alone, blows the anti’s, political parties, senate inquiry and anyone else who asserts that firearms used in crime are stolen from us OR NOT HANDED IN BACK IN ‘96, out of the water, and WILL prove conclusively and beyond ANY doubt that the Aus boarders are as porous as people have been saying and that customs and boarder security are not up to the job of keeping Aus citizens safe.
And it is for this very reason that this ban, and any further restriction arising from the ANF review, must have its validity contested in court. The Govt must be held accountable, and prove that these laws work and do make Aus a safer place for its citizens.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by XP22 » 26 Jul 2015, 11:18 am

I thought they had already imported and sold 700 of each type?
XP22
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Sam45 » 26 Jul 2015, 11:31 am

Newdave wrote:Sam wake up buddy. This is part of a much bigger agenda to move all lever , pumps and even straight pulls to cat c . They just used the Adler to push there agenda in the media. This is just the start.

Oh I'm awake and certainly very aware of what is going on :thumbsup: My post was in regards to the way it was advertised!

trekin wrote:When will you lot realise that Abbot wading in at this time, has nothing to do with making society safer from criminal/terrorist acts, but has everything to do with saving face. There is only one thing Abbot is running scared of, and that is;
There are NO Adler shot guns in Aus at all at this time, (apart from those with NIOA for testing) , there are 7000 ready to be imported and sold to suitably authorised LAFOs, that is to say that ALL 7000 Adler’s will be accounted for from the moment their arrive on our shores. If ONE Adler should be found to have been used in a criminal/terrorist act that cannot be traced back to have been stolen from a LAFO, then that, alone, blows the anti’s, political parties, senate inquiry and anyone else who asserts that firearms used in crime are stolen from us OR NOT HANDED IN BACK IN ‘96, out of the water, and WILL prove conclusively and beyond ANY doubt that the Aus boarders are as porous as people have been saying and that customs and boarder security are not up to the job of keeping Aus citizens safe.
And it is for this very reason that this ban, and any further restriction arising from the ANF review, must have its validity contested in court. The Govt must be held accountable, and prove that these laws work and do make Aus a safer place for its citizens.

Bloody well done :thumbsup:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by valkyrie » 26 Jul 2015, 11:45 am

so when do we sue?
Remington 700 sf .308
Mossberg 4x4 22-250
Brno model 1 .22
Trusty 12 gauge
valkyrie
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Title_II » 26 Jul 2015, 1:08 pm

Can you give me examples of what our members here did to stop this?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by pajamatime » 26 Jul 2015, 1:55 pm

where is the official info on this...main stream media are difficult to believe.
Edit: its not a ban per say its a suspension by the looks of it. to my knowledge it may not have even occurred or it could just be someone getting real excited about something he said that may suggest hes going to?
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 26 Jul 2015, 2:51 pm

pajamatime wrote:where is the official info on this...main stream media are difficult to believe.
Edit: its not a ban per say its a suspension by the looks of it. to my knowledge it may not have even occurred or it could just be someone getting real excited about something he said that may suggest hes going to?

It will be a ban mate, limited to Cat C so effectively banning it from the Majority, which is what they wanted all along, they won't ban it outright but as I said restrict it to the higher categories which in effect is banning it (for the majority). :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 26 Jul 2015, 3:13 pm

Sent an email to Tony Rabbot. God politicians are idiots. I have no need for another 12g but this sort of sucking up to minorities & media pisses me off. :thumbsdown:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bluerob » 26 Jul 2015, 3:16 pm

valkyrie wrote:so when do we sue?

I think you'll find that you can't actually "just sue" the state and federal governments as such (in relation to our circumstances, but, I'll have to get my law books out), but, could perhaps mount a High Court (or Federal or both) challenge to the validity, intention and practical application in the community of this decision. Sadly, that'll cost more than 7,000 shotguns.

Because the word "terrorist" has been used, this could also make life difficult.

I'm hoping that all of the associations that represent shooters are able to "get it together" and start pushing harder back against anti gun lobbies. In view of what Mr Abbott is attempting, is that really happening?

Having Mr Borsak making derogatory comments about Mr Abbott on a regular basis, instead of making sensible and measured comments in front of his wall trophies aren't doing us any favours either. A bit of common sense is needed. If having a trophy wall is your thing, keep it private. This is for obvious reasons.

As David Brown has mentioned (together with a few others), it's important that each and everyone of us writes a letter as indicated.

If only we could get 250,000 people organized. :drinks:
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by DML » 26 Jul 2015, 3:43 pm

Imagine the compensation that the Federal Government will have to pay NIOA (after NIOA sues them and wins). More of our taxpayer funds put to good use.

At least we can rest easy knowing the criminals will continue to use semi-auto handguns and the 1996-restricted pump action shotguns.

Last edited by DML on 26 Jul 2015, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DML
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 26 Jul 2015, 3:55 pm

Maybe the various associatiins (ssaa, nra, shooters union, etc) should announce that they are looking at making political affiliations. The major parties would see this as equalling funds and votes, and may add weight to our cause
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by trekin » 26 Jul 2015, 4:30 pm

DML wrote:Imagine the compensation that the Federal Government will have to pay NIOA (after NIOA sues them and wins). More of our taxpayer funds put to good use.

At least we can rest easy knowing the criminals will continue to use semi-auto handguns and the 1996-restricted pump action shotguns.

Mate, NIOA won't care either way, they won't lose money what ever the outcome. They have about 40 in country ATM, mostly testers that cost them very little, if anything, the 7000 on order have been paid for by you with your deposit/payment in full when per-ordering. Suing the Govt will cost them, so they won't bother, and don't for one minute think they are worried bout our interests.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 26 Jul 2015, 4:34 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
pajamatime wrote:where is the official info on this...main stream media are difficult to believe.

It will be a ban mate, limited to Cat C so effectively banning it from the Majority, which is what they wanted all along, they won't ban it outright but as I said restrict it to the higher categories which in effect is banning it (for the majority). :thumbsup:

When Abbot directs Customs to get involved, then it is effectively a ban.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 26 Jul 2015, 4:43 pm

trekin wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:

When Abbot directs Customs to get involved, then it is effectively a ban.

If they reclassify this or any other lever/pump action to Cat C who would buy it,if you had a Cat C or D you would be going pump action or autoloading over lever action.

There will be no second hand market for lever/pump action if they are reclassified into Cat C or D, they have nothing but an irrational fear to justify this.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by XP22 » 26 Jul 2015, 5:35 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:
There will be no second hand market for lever/pump action if they are reclassified into Cat C or D, they have nothing but an irrational fear to justify this.

I paid $400 for my Beretta Vittoria- in mint condition, $300 for my 10/22 in same and my Valmet Hunter sat on the shelf for 14 months before it sold for a decent price.

Cat C or D have VERY low market value if there is no demand at the time.
XP22
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by pajamatime » 26 Jul 2015, 7:28 pm

keep it together. try not to panic...just make sure you know how to vote and educate politely. REcruit recruit recruit
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 26 Jul 2015, 11:11 pm

From reading the article, I suspect that it's a quite easy for your executive branch to suspend importation of a gun made overseas. The same thing is happening here in the US under a hostile administration where the perfectly legal M1 Garand is being banned from importation from South Korea because "Many may fall into the wrong hands"...

It's clear from the verbiage of various anti-gun articles I've read, including this latest, that your gun grabbing elites think 1.Category A in general is a regrettable nuisance at best, and at worst is a huge danger to society, and 2.Lever action shotguns are a brand new technology.

I wish you luck, but I assume those who publicly voice their support for owning such a weapon during this "review period" will be quickly isolated, demonized, vilified and dismissed.

Question though. I wonder what the hysterical left will do if and when Adler starts making a 5 round shotgun in the same configuration for possible importation? Would this help open the door for moving all lever actions to another more restrictive category, or would it be considered category A? My bet is on the former.
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Gwion » 26 Jul 2015, 11:20 pm

Pennsylvania Yank wrote:From reading the article, I suspect that it's a quite easy for your executive branch to suspend importation of a gun made overseas. The same thing is happening here in the US under a hostile administration where the perfectly legal M1 Garand is being banned from importation from South Korea because "Many may fall into the wrong hands"...

It's clear from the verbiage of various anti-gun articles I've read, including this latest, that your gun grabbing elites think 1.Category A in general is a regrettable nuisance at best, and at worst is a huge danger to society, and 2.Lever action shotguns are a brand new technology.

I wish you luck, but I assume those who publicly voice their support for owning such a weapon during this "review period" will be quickly isolated, demonized, vilified and dismissed.

Question though. I wonder what the hysterical left will do if and when Adler starts making a 5 round shotgun in the same configuration for possible importation? Would this help open the door for moving all lever actions to another more restrictive category, or would it be considered category A? My bet is on the former.

You have it pretty well summed up.

Our only real chance is to bring the neutral majority on side purely on the principle of abating the undermining of our freedoms as a society as a whole.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Title_II » 27 Jul 2015, 12:21 am

bluerob wrote:
valkyrie wrote:so when do we sue?
I'm hoping that all of the associations that represent shooters are able to "get it together" and start pushing harder back against anti gun lobbies. In view of what Mr Abbott is attempting, is that really happening?

Hope in one hand and poop in the other, see which fills up first.

Gwion wrote:You have it pretty well summed up.

Our only real chance is to bring the neutral majority on side purely on the principle of abating the undermining of our freedoms as a society as a whole.

Is anybody here actually going to do anything?

You have no hope and no chance as long as you treat this like a football game on TV and just watch and speculate.

Are you afraid it won't do any good to call or meet with your reps (usually their staff)? OF COURSE IT WON'T. It didn't do us any good, either. Nobody takes the first call or meeting seriously. You are going to have to fall on your face a lot and accomplish very little for a time before you are taken seriously. So you better get started right now!

I'm sure some of you went through more humiliation and rejection to bang the hot girl in school.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics