Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by pajamatime » 28 Jul 2015, 10:25 pm

Give what ever you can spare.

http://www.gofundme.com/ldp-firearms
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 707
Queensland

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by Wylie27 » 29 Jul 2015, 7:52 am

They have almost doubled the funds needed way to go!!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 993
New South Wales

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by fenderstrat » 29 Jul 2015, 10:46 am

Im broke as hell and i donated what i could. Gotta keep fighting!
User avatar
fenderstrat
Private
Private
 
Posts: 92
Queensland

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 29 Jul 2015, 3:23 pm

1300 goal 5000 achieved , youtube would also reach a wide range of people as well
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 182
Queensland

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by Baronvonrort » 29 Jul 2015, 7:57 pm

Senator Leyonhjelm's maiden speech,nice to have a decent politician.
http://www.youtube.com.au/watch?v=83ynTVMxPlQ

I like the LDP they have a lot of policies I agree with and a few I disagree with,no party is perfect and this is the lesser of the evils to me.
http://www.ldp.org.au

It's the swinging voters who change things,those rusted onto a party just cancel each other out at elections while those who swing with their vote can cause change.
In the last state election I voted SFP because there was no LDP.
Baronvonrort
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1001
New South Wales

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by ptfab » 29 Jul 2015, 8:49 pm

It seems a bit odd that the fundraiser location comes up as Walau PA, NZ ?
Is this an official fundraiser do you think?
ptfab
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 4
New South Wales

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by pajamatime » 29 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:Senator Leyonhjelm's maiden speech,nice to have a decent politician.
http://www.youtube.com.au/watch?v=83ynTVMxPlQ

I like the LDP they have a lot of policies I agree with and a few I disagree with,no party is perfect and this is the lesser of the evils to me.
http://www.ldp.org.au

It's the swinging voters who change things,those rusted onto a party just cancel each other out at elections while those who swing with their vote can cause change.
In the last state election I voted SFP because there was no LDP.


I like both SFP and LDP but for the most part I feel like LDP may be a better direction perhaps? I to don't agree with everything LDP stands for but let's consider the current state of affairs in general at this time. I firmly believe LDP is exactly what Australia needs in majority government for a few years to bring balance back to Government and state governments.

Edit: put it this way...I don't believe in outright Liberty but I think there is a perfect balance that can be struck between this and that. Does that make sense? Btw I'm very freedom loving just in case you're not sure lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 707
Queensland

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by pajamatime » 31 Jul 2015, 2:53 pm

Guys just in case it might interfere with links I just want to let you know I encrypt my connection with a virtual private network and sometimes I use servers located in New Zealand. This may interfere with how a sites servers see me and identify where I'm from and who I am etc.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 707
Queensland

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by Baronvonrort » 31 Jul 2015, 4:09 pm

pajamatime wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:Senator Leyonhjelm's maiden speech,nice to have a decent politician.
http://www.youtube.com.au/watch?v=83ynTVMxPlQ

I like the LDP they have a lot of policies I agree with and a few I disagree with,no party is perfect and this is the lesser of the evils to me.
http://www.ldp.org.au

It's the swinging voters who change things,those rusted onto a party just cancel each other out at elections while those who swing with their vote can cause change.
In the last state election I voted SFP because there was no LDP.


I like both SFP and LDP but for the most part I feel like LDP may be a better direction perhaps? I to don't agree with everything LDP stands for but let's consider the current state of affairs in general at this time. I firmly believe LDP is exactly what Australia needs in majority government for a few years to bring balance back to Government and state governments.

Edit: put it this way...I don't believe in outright Liberty but I think there is a perfect balance that can be struck between this and that. Does that make sense? Btw I'm very freedom loving just in case you're not sure lol


Single issue parties are always going to struggle long term,Leyonhjelm was in Tingle's shooters party along with labor and quit the Liberal party in protest when he handed his AR15 and FN-FAL in.

I think we are over governed in numbers of politicians and stupid laws they bring in, I like how the LDP wants sunset clauses where legislation is reviewed after a set time to see if it met it's objectives.

I saw Borsak in a fox hunting vid he is pretty good yet inexperienced in politics and has difficulty articulating his position or perhaps that could be selective editing with leftist media,where the SFP stands on other issues I don't know,that is the main problem with single issue parties.

I don't believe the government should be dictating to us like they currently do, it's unikely I will ever vote for labor/liberal or the greens.
Baronvonrort
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1001
New South Wales

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by lole » 04 Aug 2015, 12:49 pm

6 times the amount asked for raised :D
User avatar
lole
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 427
New South Wales

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by pajamatime » 04 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:
pajamatime wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:Senator Leyonhjelm's maiden speech,nice to have a decent politician.
http://www.youtube.com.au/watch?v=83ynTVMxPlQ

I like the LDP they have a lot of policies I agree with and a few I disagree with,no party is perfect and this is the lesser of the evils to me.
http://www.ldp.org.au

It's the swinging voters who change things,those rusted onto a party just cancel each other out at elections while those who swing with their vote can cause change.
In the last state election I voted SFP because there was no LDP.


I like both SFP and LDP but for the most part I feel like LDP may be a better direction perhaps? I to don't agree with everything LDP stands for but let's consider the current state of affairs in general at this time. I firmly believe LDP is exactly what Australia needs in majority government for a few years to bring balance back to Government and state governments.

Edit: put it this way...I don't believe in outright Liberty but I think there is a perfect balance that can be struck between this and that. Does that make sense? Btw I'm very freedom loving just in case you're not sure lol


Single issue parties are always going to struggle long term,Leyonhjelm was in Tingle's shooters party along with labor and quit the Liberal party in protest when he handed his AR15 and FN-FAL in.

I think we are over governed in numbers of politicians and stupid laws they bring in, I like how the LDP wants sunset clauses where legislation is reviewed after a set time to see if it met it's objectives.

I saw Borsak in a fox hunting vid he is pretty good yet inexperienced in politics and has difficulty articulating his position or perhaps that could be selective editing with leftist media,where the SFP stands on other issues I don't know,that is the main problem with single issue parties.

I don't believe the government should be dictating to us like they currently do, it's unikely I will ever vote for labor/liberal or the greens.


Do you consider liberal democrats a single issue party? I agree and disagree with some of their policies but I can't see how they are a single issue party? they seem to be covering a wide list of issues.

lole wrote:6 times the amount asked for raised :D


yeah I know right. it has really turned some heads.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 707
Queensland

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Aug 2015, 8:12 pm

For the first time ever I won't be voting for labor or liberal. I have always seen it as a 2 horse race and never considered voting any other way.

Next federal election I'll be voting for a party that looks after us shooters

Either LDP or the shooters fishers party
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand.


on_one_wheel LIVES LEFT: 3..BONUS POINTS: 8

Did my post offend you? If you answered yes, send me a PM and I'll direct you to the nearest safe space.
User avatar
on_one_wheel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2441
South Australia

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by Mich » 11 Aug 2015, 8:51 am

Hi on_one_wheel,

I thought the Shooting and Fishing party was the go-to vote for you Aussies?

Why weren't you voting for them previously?
User avatar
Mich
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 221
United States of America

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by sandgroperbill » 11 Aug 2015, 11:42 pm

We might have had they existed...

They're a relatively new party and only contested a few seats
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1280
Western Australia

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by Seconds » 13 Aug 2015, 1:23 pm

Mich wrote:I thought the Shooting and Fishing party was the go-to vote for you Aussies?


It is for shooters, but it's not comparable at all to your NRA if that's what you were kind of thinking.

No where near the relative size or influence.
Sako 85 Hunter
.308 Winchester
User avatar
Seconds
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 433
New South Wales

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by Heckler303 » 14 Aug 2015, 2:14 pm

To be honest, right now, after taking a good hard look at the Liberal Democrats, they seem to be what I'd mostly want for a party. Sure, I don't agree on what they do to 100%, but its definitely way more approval than the Liberals, the Labor or the greens (greens are never on my approval list)

Just this snippet from their site says what to me seems pretty reasonable, and I'm sure we would all like this too (long post but please read it)

The Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) believes:

Sport, hunting and self-defence are all legitimate reasons for firearm ownership.
Firearm ownership should be subject to possession of a licence. However, all adults over 18 years of age have a right to a licence unless it has been removed because of a history or genuine prospect of coercion.
Those who wish to carry a concealed firearm for self-defence are entitled to be issued with a permit to do so unless they have a history or genuine prospect of coercion.
All genuine sporting uses of firearms are legitimate.
There should be no registration of long-arms.
There should be no prohibitions or special limits on semi-automatic firearms.
Individuals and organisations are entitled to establish facilities that involve the use of firearms. This includes shooting ranges and hunting reserves.
Impediments to children participating in safe shooting activities should be removed.
Airsoft and paintball should be deregulated apart from measures to protect innocent bystanders.
Discussion

The LDP regards the right to own firearms for sport, hunting, collecting and self-defence as fundamental to a free society, irrespective of how many choose to do so. It does not believe governments have a general right to limit the ownership of firearms.

Gun ownership, by itself, harms no other person. It says nothing about what might be done with a gun and cannot justify criminal sanctions. However, as with any right, there are associated responsibilities. Failure to meet these may be criminal.

The right to self defence, including with firearms, precedes the authority of governments. Consequently, while it may be restricted in the case of particular individuals, within limits, it should not be removed on a collective basis. In particular, it is not a privilege to be granted or denied by governments.

In terms of genuine crime control, most gun laws are ineffective. Making gun ownership illegal does not stop gun ownership; it merely affects those gun owners who are law-abiding and least likely to use their guns in crime.
Disarming the law-abiding is irrational when the lawless cannot be disarmed.

Australians have a right to decide how best to protect themselves, their families and property. Many have relied on guns in their homes to sleep more comfortably for over two hundred years. Indeed, firearms may be the only means by which people such as women, the elderly and infirm can hope to defend themselves against rapists, robbers and murderers.

The police do not provide security in the home, business or street. They arrive after the crime to take reports and do detective work. The poorer the area, the riskier it is for peaceful residents.

Only armed, law-abiding citizens can be present in sufficient numbers to prevent or deter violent crime before it starts, or to reduce its spread. A criminal is more likely to be driven off from a particular crime by an armed victim than to be convicted and imprisoned for it. Thus, widespread gun ownership will make the community safer.

Ownership of firearms is also the only practical means by which the people can retain any semblance of ensuring that governments remain their servants and not vice versa. Although the ballot box and peaceful protest will always be the preferred means of removing unsatisfactory governments, history is full of examples where those options were denied.

As Thomas Jefferson put it, “What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?” Or as another US President, Woodrow Wilson, put it, “Liberty has never come from government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is the history of resistance.”

Firearms are also legitimate sporting tools, used in a wide range of regional, national and international competitions including the Olympic and Commonwealth Games. Indeed, shooting is one of the original sports of the modern Olympic Games, commencing in 1896. Semi-automatic pistols are required for certain Olympic events.

It is not legitimate to curtail the sporting activities of one group of Australians while encouraging others, simply on the grounds that their implements have the potential to be used for harmful purposes. Many sporting implements have similar potential, as do a vast array of everyday items.

Firearms can contribute to positive environmental outcomes in the hands of hunters. Hunters can be remarkably effective at reducing populations of pest animals such as foxes, pigs, goats, wild dogs and feral cats. These animals have been responsible for enormous destruction of Australian native fauna, with some small marsupial species probably extinct as a result, and pose a threat to agriculture in some areas.

Similarly, hunters contribute to positive environmental outcomes by helping to develop and preserve wetlands which concurrently accommodate species that may be hunted such as ducks, while also providing a haven for protected species.

The responsibility of those who own firearms is to only use them for non-coercive purposes or to protect themselves or others from coercion.

Those who use firearms for coercive purposes, whether actual or threatened, may have their right to own them restricted or removed.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
User avatar
Heckler303
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1072
Tasmania

Re: Liberal Democratic Party firearms ad

Post by Wobble » 18 Aug 2015, 9:45 am

Heckler303 wrote:To be honest, right now, after taking a good hard look at the Liberal Democrats, they seem to be what I'd mostly want for a party.


I'm not up to date on them as of right now but last election I thought they looked decent.
Weatherby Vanguards in .300 Weatherby Magnum and .243 Winchester
User avatar
Wobble
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 332
Western Australia


Back to top
 
Return to Media and politics