Protest Rally Confirmed for all States

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Protest Rally Confirmed for all States

Post by ptfab » 01 Aug 2015, 8:25 pm

Found a link to the protest rally that weekly times referred to. I thought it was a beat up but looks like it is real.
Link below.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-ag ... 6828316284
ptfab
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Protest Rally Confirmed for all States

Post by Newdave » 02 Aug 2015, 2:37 pm

This has not been organised by the SFP or SSAA. It's just one fella who made up a date and ran with it. Good on him for having a crack , but a half assed rally with a couple of hundred people will do more harm then good.

Nothing has actually been organised like permits or transport concerns. etc
If all the organisation's call for it and organise members to attend. I'll be there with bells on.
This isn't the time for half assed measures.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 02 Aug 2015, 8:50 pm

Newdave wrote:This has not been organised by the SFP or SSAA. It's just one fella who made up a date and ran with it. Good on him for having a crack , but a half assed rally with a couple of hundred people will do more harm then good.

If all the organisation's call for it and organise members to attend. I'll be there with bells on.

Totally agree .... very risky , the antis are likely to gate crash and cause trouble or at least out number us with dole bludging greenies.

I cant see many people going.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 03 Aug 2015, 1:28 am

then its about time the ssaa earned their membership dollars, stepped in and organised it.

The one thing we need right now more than anything is coordination and organisation
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 03 Aug 2015, 1:48 am

on_one_wheel wrote:
Newdave wrote:This has not been organised by the SFP or SSAA. It's just one fella who made up a date and ran with it. Good on him for having a crack , but a half assed rally with a couple of hundred people will do more harm then good.

Totally agree .... very risky , the antis are likely to gate crash and cause trouble or at least out number us with dole bludging greenies.

I cant see many people going.

I would go anyway. Fear of humiliation is not a good reason for inaction. There are certain circumstances under which discretion is the better part of valor. But, let's face it, we are behind the curve and just starting to tool up. There is going to be a lot of humiliation and losses between were we stand now and the day we will be taken at least somewhat seriously. When you start with almost nothing you can't wait for the perfect opportunity, it will never come.

I do have one tip about gate crashers. It is good to try to separate yourselves from them physically and even better to find a way to visually identify yourselves. Such as everybody wears a tan hat or a blue shirt or something, if you can herd your cats into obeying :) I once counter-protested about 50 antis along with about 250 of my closest friends. The media reported there were about 300 antis and a few counter-protesters! They are certainly biased, but honestly, I'm not sure they could tell the difference. We were not physically grouped and separated from them. I'm not throwing out more cautions to make your knees even weaker, show up no matter what. I'm just providing some tactics for the future.

By the way, this SSAA you want to organize this to make you more comfortable, they are the same group that you have recently been complaining about throwing you under the bus, right? I don't see how these groups have helped you all that much. If you want change, don't ask these groups what to do, show them what to do.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by KWhorenet » 03 Aug 2015, 3:40 am

My girlfriend wants to go to Melb and I will go for a look see. If it is a joke, no loss...

unless I get entrapped with scammy permit only parking, 2 tolls and 5km over the speed limit again like a recent last trip.

As mentioned, shame the SSAA and SFP and all and sundry couldn't band together with a one minded one agenda group hug.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 03 Aug 2015, 9:34 am

If there is a protest we need to make it very friendly with things like a sausage sizzle,since the Greens say we have a beer in one hand and a gun in the other this has to be alcohol free zones imo.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by KWhorenet » 03 Aug 2015, 10:38 am

Baronvonrort wrote:If there is a protest we need to make it very friendly with things like a sausage sizzle,since the Greens say we have a beer in one hand and a gun in the other this has to be alcohol free zones imo.

I doubt people will be drinking on the steps of a government/parliament house :lol:
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 03 Aug 2015, 12:36 pm

we're not?

well, that just lost some of its appeal. guess I'll go start unpacking the esky... :sarcasm:

edit: autocorrect hates me
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by pajamatime » 03 Aug 2015, 6:23 pm

I'm going in a mascot suit to the one in Brisbane when it happens. also media...nothing worse then the media pretending its a non-event and not giving it any air time. OR a rent a riot group showing up to try and incite a riot by attacking us and being made to look like a violent bunch of idiots.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Aug 2015, 7:26 am

I think you'll fined its not going ahead and never was, was designed to more force the hands of the SSAA and SFP to act and do something. :unknown: :crazy:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Rocker » 04 Aug 2015, 4:00 pm

KWhorenet wrote:unless I get entrapped with scammy permit only parking, 2 tolls and 5km over the speed limit again like a recent last trip.

I've had a few "cheap outings" turn into $500 days like that :thumbsdown:
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Sam45 » 04 Aug 2015, 4:45 pm

bigfellascott wrote:I think you'll fined its not going ahead and never was, was designed to more force the hands of the SSAA and SFP to act and do something. :unknown: :crazy:

The person that set it up was well lets say :crazy:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 04 Aug 2015, 8:02 pm

I was planning to take the day off for it ... guess im working then.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Aug 2015, 9:46 pm

Sam45 wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:I think you'll fined its not going ahead and never was, was designed to more force the hands of the SSAA and SFP to act and do something. :unknown: :crazy:

The person that set it up was well lets say :crazy:

Yeah I'm not sure what the story is to be honest, very strange indeed:?
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by sandgroperbill » 05 Aug 2015, 12:12 am

Pity. I had made plans to go. Suppose I'll just go hunting instead
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by nords » 11 Aug 2015, 9:22 am

Title_II wrote:I once counter-protested about 50 antis along with about 250 of my closest friends. The media reported there were about 300 antis and a few counter-protesters!

Why am I not surprised :thumbsdown:
Norica Spider GRS Camo .22
Browning BLR Lightweight 81 .243
Browning A-Bolt Medallion 300 Win Mag. Weaver V-Series 3-15 x 42.
nords
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by pajamatime » 11 Aug 2015, 10:37 am

Baronvonrort wrote:If there is a protest we need to make it very friendly with things like a sausage sizzle,since the Greens say we have a beer in one hand and a gun in the other this has to be alcohol free zones imo.

no we should all hold ginger beers and then when all the anti media fall for our alcohol beverage look alike trap we will release hell on you tube of us drinking ginger beer stubbies lmao easiest way to wake people up to the sensationalism bulls**t the media train got baking lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sarki » 12 Aug 2015, 12:13 pm

pajamatime wrote:no we should all hold ginger beers and then when all the anti media fall for our alcohol beverage look alike trap we will release hell on you tube of us drinking ginger beer stubbies lmao easiest way to wake people up to the sensationalism bulls**t the media train got baking lol

Ha ha :lol: :lol:

Let do it.
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics