LDP just lost my vote

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

LDP just lost my vote

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Aug 2015, 12:17 pm

So I, like many others on this forum and elsewhere, donated to the ldp to run firearm ads on Facebook.

Well, I just got an email from the gofundme site letting me know that they would now be using those funds to run ads to promote legalization of cannabis.

So, we have just been duped and had a betrayal of confidence. As far as I'm concerned, any funds donated to them for the purpose advertised should be used for the purpose advertised. Any excess raised should just be used to boost the number of ads run.

Even worse, they are now going to be tying firearms use to cannabis use.

Lowlife scum just lost my vote and I'll never support them in any fashion going forward.

Where do I write to blast these scumbags.

I'm thinking I may put a request in to my credit card company to see if I can get my donation reversed
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Re: LDP just lost my vote

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Aug 2015, 12:22 pm

update: it was a poorly written email, they aren't actually using the funds raised for firearms ads towards cannabis ads, though the original email made it sound like that until I jumped back to their site.

The comments about tying firearms use to cannabis still stand, though
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by brett1868 » 06 Aug 2015, 12:34 pm

What the hell does Pot have to do with firearms? The only violence most pot heads are capable of is the raping of fridges when the munchies attack which is essentially self defence in my opinion :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Aug 2015, 12:41 pm

my issue is simultaneously running firearms and pot ads from the same source.

And hey, I'll be the first to admit that I jumped in early here. I got the email on my tablet and it didn't load the continue reading button, so my email read:

Terje sent you an update

Thank you for the donations. We will be using the funds we received to promote awareness of the Liberal Democrats and our policy of full cannabis legalisation.

And that was it. Didn't have a continue reading button until I hit download all pictures
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 06 Aug 2015, 1:14 pm

brett1868 wrote:What the hell does Pot have to do with firearms? The only violence most pot heads are capable of is the raping of fridges when the munchies attack which is essentially self defence in my opinion :)

I think the pot made you confuse the things you rape with the things you pillage and plunder :D

It's a common mistake, but has proved historically embarrassing throughout many blundered military campaigns and misguided barbarian invasions :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigfellascott » 06 Aug 2015, 2:34 pm

brett1868 wrote:What the hell does Pot have to do with firearms? The only violence most pot heads are capable of is the raping of fridges when the munchies attack which is essentially self defence in my opinion :)

That's about it in a nutshell, can't say I've seen an angry pothead, pissheads on the other hand, well seen plenty of them get angry. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Baronvonrort » 06 Aug 2015, 4:19 pm

bigfellascott wrote:

That's about it in a nutshell, can't say I've seen an angry pothead, pissheads on the other hand, well seen plenty of them get angry. :unknown:

They are only capable of this if they can be bothered to get off the couch.

I think it was Narrara 84 a big concert i was employed by Samurai Security i had to move some stoned hippies who didn't want to move,Kyoshi Malcolm Anderson came along with 2 large salivating Rotties which proved effective in moving them along.

The Hemp party wrote the LDP hemp policy, i guess that will be the end of the Hemp party, the stoners were probably to high to realise that at the time.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by NukeBOMB88 » 06 Aug 2015, 9:26 pm

Yeah cmon its just pot, like they aren't promoting bloody Ice :lol: but I get what your saying, don't want people to start calling us ' crazy gun nuts on drugs ' :lol:
Ruger M77 Mkii VT .204
Jw-15e .22
Winchester Model 37a 12ga
Beretta Silver pigeon pump action 12ga
Howa 1500 .223
Howa 1500 .30-06
NukeBOMB88
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by NukeBOMB88 » 07 Aug 2015, 3:57 pm

bentaz wrote:Yeah I recon if they stopped wasting time and tax dollars chasing basically harmless stoners they might have some time and resources to chase real criminals instead persecuting us

Exactly
Ruger M77 Mkii VT .204
Jw-15e .22
Winchester Model 37a 12ga
Beretta Silver pigeon pump action 12ga
Howa 1500 .223
Howa 1500 .30-06
NukeBOMB88
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 07 Aug 2015, 7:49 pm

Yeah I was suspicious on the whole thing but nearly donated.

When I noticed their dope policy on Facebook they lost all credibility in my mind.

With ideals like that they are likely to side with the greens.

They are simply playing our passion on the current state of affairs to steal our votes. They want to appeal to everyone.

Im voting fishers and shooters party and following their guide on how to vote because they have specific focus on our interests.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pajamatime » 07 Aug 2015, 10:26 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:So I, like many others on this forum and elsewhere, donated to the ldp to run firearm ads on Facebook.

Well, I just got an email from the gofundme site letting me know that they would now be using those funds to run ads to promote legalization of cannabis.

So, we have just been duped and had a betrayal of confidence. As far as I'm concerned, any funds donated to them for the purpose advertised should be used for the purpose advertised. Any excess raised should just be used to boost the number of ads run.

Even worse, they are now going to be tying firearms use to cannabis use.

Lowlife scum just lost my vote and I'll never support them in any fashion going forward.

Where do I write to blast these scumbags.

I'm thinking I may put a request in to my credit card company to see if I can get my donation reversed

to my knowledge there are 2 seperate gofundme pages. One for legalizing cannabis and one for firearms...I got a email for each one not sure why you got 1 email talking about both? did you donate to the legalizing cannabis one?

Edit: ok so the update for the firearms gofundme reads like this...
Thank you for the generous donations. We will be using the funds we received to promote awareness of the Liberal Democrats and our policy of liberalising firearm laws in Australia. This will be done using a Facebook advertising campaign. This is scheduled to kick off on the 22nd of August. We should have some results to share a couple of weeks after that so stay tuned.

If you're still keen to donate we will be running similar fund raisers in the future. And you can always donate directly at our website:-

http://ldp.org.au/index.php/get-involved/donate

And once again thank you.

I can not seem to locate any text in any of the emails or updates where it says they are going to use the firearms gofundme funds to fund legalizing cannabis activites?
Last edited by pajamatime on 07 Aug 2015, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 07 Aug 2015, 10:29 pm

Pot is bad, kiddies :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/l2-UuIEOcss

[youtube]l2-UuIEOcss[/youtube]
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by pajamatime » 07 Aug 2015, 10:39 pm

Title_II wrote:Pot is bad, kiddies :)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/l2-UuIEOcss

[youtube]l2-UuIEOcss[/youtube]

sorry title but I would rather a nations full of pot heads over a nation full of agro alcoholics any day of the week lol

edit: btw that video made me laugh.

edit: oops btw everyone else, LDP has actually released this info in relation to the misinterpretation of whats happening with the funds:
All,

The money that we have raised for the two recent fund raising campaigns has gone into separate 'buckets'. Rest assured that the money in the 'weed' bucket will only be used to run weed-related ads and the money in the 'guns' bucket will only be used to run gun-related ads.

Some confusion has arisen as a result of a technical glitch that has sent some "thank you" correspondence to the wrong people. Our apology for the confusion.

Once again, thank you for your kind donation. As a volunteer organisation without the resources of the major parties we do appreciate the assistance that our members and supporters provide. We have had an excellent response to both programs and we hope to put your money to use advocating for a more sensible and sane approach to legislation in this country.

Kind Regards,
Gabe Buckley - National President
0423 847 372
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 07 Aug 2015, 10:47 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Yeah I was suspicious on the whole thing but nearly donated.

When I noticed their dope policy on Facebook they lost all credibility in my mind.

With ideals like that they are likely to side with the greens.

They are simply playing our passion on the current state of affairs to steal our votes. They want to appeal to everyone.

Im voting fishers and shooters party and following their guide on how to vote because they have specific focus on our interests.

just curious but the behavior of people smoking recreational cannabis in comparison to the behavior of people drunk stupid on grog? lets be reasonable lol
I would rather a hug and a weed cookie then a punch and a broken bottle shard to the liver any day of the week!

you sir need to rethink your approach lol

Edit: on top of that cannabis is significantly healthier then alcohol and actually has medicinal benefits to the human body. alcohol is a poison and has nill health benefts period lol
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 07 Aug 2015, 10:54 pm

pajamatime wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:Edit: on top of that cannabis is significantly healthier then alcohol and actually has medicinal benefits to the human body. alcohol is a poison and has nill health benefts period lol

No health benefit?

Most of you wouldn't have even been born if it wasn't for alcohol :lol:
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by pajamatime » 07 Aug 2015, 10:59 pm

Title_II wrote:
pajamatime wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:Edit: on top of that cannabis is significantly healthier then alcohol and actually has medicinal benefits to the human body. alcohol is a poison and has nill health benefts period lol

No health benefit?

Most of you wouldn't have even been born if it wasn't for alcohol :lol:

ok so thanks to alcohol we have severe over population problems! good work title! lol
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 07 Aug 2015, 11:34 pm

We're not here to argue about drugs ... but for the record , there is a reson they call it dope.... because it turns people into de-motivated brain dead , underachieving, dole bludging DOPES,

Ever heared the tearm , drug fu€ked ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pajamatime » 08 Aug 2015, 9:42 am

on_one_wheel wrote:We're not here to argue about drugs ... but for the record , there is a reson they call it dope.... because it turns people into de-motivated brain dead , underachieving, dole bludging DOPES,

alcohol is a drug.
Cannabis is a plant.
Hell I don't even drink or smoke...alcohol kills the brain 2. the whole demonisation of cannabis was because cannabis was a massive threat to multiple industries and they didnt want that so they made it a crime. Alcohol kills the brain, kills the body and makes people stupid...in comparison Cannabis is a zillion times safer then alcohol. besides the effect you are talking about is related to lack of moderation and can make some people a bit dopy and some people either become more motivated on it or less motivated...but I would buy that over the symptoms of alcoholism any day of the week. dopy=less anger lol where is alcohol tends to make people extremely violent.
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 08 Aug 2015, 11:28 am

David Leyonhjelm said there were 2 fundraising campaigns, one for weed and one for guns.
He says the money raised for guns will only be used for gun ads, the weed money will only be used for weed ads.

www.facebook.com/LDP.australia?fref=nf

His twitter account-
https://twitter.com/davidleyonhjelm
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 08 Aug 2015, 1:00 pm

pajamatime wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:We're not here to argue about drugs ... but for the record , there is a reson they call it dope.... because it turns people into de-motivated brain dead , underachieving, dole bludging DOPES,

alcohol is a drug.
Cannabis is a plant.
Hell I don't even drink or smoke...alcohol kills the brain 2. the whole demonisation of cannabis was because cannabis was a massive threat to multiple industries and they didnt want that so they made it a crime. Alcohol kills the brain, kills the body and makes people stupid...in comparison Cannabis is a zillion times safer then alcohol. besides the effect you are talking about is related to lack of moderation and can make some people a bit dopy and some people either become more motivated on it or less motivated...but I would buy that over the symptoms of alcoholism any day of the week. dopy=less anger lol where is alcohol tends to make people extremely violent.

Alcohol is a solution.....

:drinks:

well actually a solvent, spirits are more so a solution. :unknown:

:drinks: :drinks:

Cannabis, or hemp, is the most useful plant on the earth, fast growing, a most versatile fibre, and can feed people and animals with a very nutritious seed. Its problem was dupont (and Hollywood/media etc).....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by trekin » 08 Aug 2015, 1:55 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
pajamatime wrote:

alcohol is a drug.
Cannabis is a plant.

Alcohol is a solution.....

:drinks:

well actually a solvent, spirits are more so a solution. :unknown:

:drinks: :drinks:

Cannabis, or hemp, is the most useful plant on the earth, fast growing, a most versatile fibre, and can feed people and animals with a very nutritious seed. Its problem was dupont (and Hollywood/media etc).....

Only the second most useful plant in the world. There's one one other that does all that and more, plus it is the most excellent material for making gun stocks and pistol grips out of. Bamboo is what I'm talking about of course. :thumbsup:
Never tried smoking it though. :D
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 09 Aug 2015, 2:05 am

pajamatime wrote:

alcohol is a drug.
Cannabis is a plant.

Cannabis does promote spotty spelling and capitalization ;)

Weed was not killed off by Dupont or "big industry" or any of that nonsense. Some pothead at Berkley wrote a treatise during the late 1960s wildly exaggerating mystical physical and economic properties of dope and blamed big corporations for outlawing it. Sorta like that guy in Kansas that has a $50 device to allow your car to get 100 km/liter of petrol but Big Oil won't let him market it. If you believe that, you missed a few days of Thermo I. The obvious conclusion of this thesis is that pot is not only harmless, but you have been lied to for commercial purposes, and pot is actually the most important, powerful, peaceful, and environmentally safe substance on the planet, with a utility that rivals enriched uranium but none of the side effects.

Now, pot heads are not always scholarly, but they do have one thing in common - they like to talk about pot. This stupid story, and other ones like it, made it into the lexicon of the counter culture, the youth, and became a ubiquitous urban legend. Now, does weed have some useful physical properties? Yes. It gets you high, and it makes good, cheap rope. For all its other purported properties, there are better, cheaper, and renewable alternatives.

Weed was outlawed because of the temperance movement and because Central Americans/Mexicans and Blacks loved the stuff. And people did not like or trust Central Americans/Mexicans and Blacks by and large. So its threat to society was exaggerated, always in the context of a racist undertone, and it was outlawed.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 09 Aug 2015, 3:30 pm

Title_II wrote:Weed was outlawed because of the temperance movement and because Central Americans/Mexicans and Blacks loved the stuff. And people did not like or trust Central Americans/Mexicans and Blacks by and large. So its threat to society was exaggerated, always in the context of a racist undertone, and it was outlawed.

To demonstrate integrity, which is an important trait, you must stick to your beliefs, no matter what.... so if you honestly believe that hemp/cannabis was outlawed because people didnt trust mexicans and blacks and thought that potentially an army of doped out aliens were going to take over the country or at least cause nationwide disorder.... .... then you keep believing it.

trouble is that history, as written in the history books would never say that corporate interests caused laws to be passed and competing industries to be destroyed .... that just wouldnt fly.

hemp is an almost perfect sourced of fibre,polymers, monomers, energy/oil, food for human/animal...etc etc
given that the growth of hemp is so vigorous and abundant - dont you think all of the alternitive industry suppliers would be objectionable?? ya. think so.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 09 Aug 2015, 4:05 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Title_II wrote:Weed was outlawed because of the temperance movement and because Central Americans/Mexicans and Blacks loved the stuff. And people did not like or trust Central Americans/Mexicans and Blacks by and large. So its threat to society was exaggerated, always in the context of a racist undertone, and it was outlawed.

To demonstrate integrity, which is an important trait, you must stick to your beliefs, no matter what.... so if you honestly believe that hemp/cannabis was outlawed because people didnt trust mexicans and blacks and thought that potentially an army of doped out aliens were going to take over the country or at least cause nationwide disorder.... .... then you keep believing it.

trouble is that history, as written in the history books would never say that corporate interests caused laws to be passed and competing industries to be destroyed .... that just wouldnt fly.

hemp is an almost perfect sourced of fibre,polymers, monomers, energy/oil, food for human/animal...etc etc
given that the growth of hemp is so vigorous and abundant - dont you think all of the alternitive industry suppliers would be objectionable?? ya. think so.

You've used too much of your own product. :)

Where did I say I thought blacks or Central Americans were going to take over the country?

I did not.

Where did I say I am against pot?

I did not.

This is another thing potheads have in common. They are very paranoid and defensive. The pothead has not yet figured out whether or not I am on his side. But simply because I dismiss his silly propaganda that has no basis in reality, I become his enemy. Even if I was on his side! Not a good way to champion a cause, dismissing possible allies.

I realize you can't properly spell or use punctuation and capitalization, and it seems (just my opinion) you have some reading comprehension issues as well. But I would like you to explain a few things to me.

SPECIFICALLY

1. What fiber does pot produce that is superior to currently available fibers?
2. What polymers? And why is pot a better source?
3. Monomers? LOL, I'd like to hear this one. I personally know the man who makes 50% of monomers in the world. And, I can assure you, if he could do it better from pot, he would.

Please list the monomers and why they are cheaper from pot. This one should be pretty funny.

4. Energy/oil - completely debunked. 1960s pothead nonsense. Biofuels are a complete flop and destroy the land far more than food crops, and they compete with food crops. The only flora biofuels of value come from waste. Switchgrass is superior to pot as is algae. Pot never even ranked. You got duped. My lawn clippings produce more BTUs in methane than pot can produce in oil or conversion to methanol/ethanol/SynGas/GTL. Pot is not even on the map. It's just a dumb weed that makes people happy by getting them high.

5. Food for humans? You are contradicting yourself.

It's all complete nonsense. Pot is not a special plant with extraordinary physical, biological, or chemical properties. The only problem it can solve is lagging sales of Doritos.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Heckler303 » 09 Aug 2015, 11:25 pm

OT with LDP:

I want to get or make a Shooters and Fishers bumper stickers that reads: "Shooters and Fishers, better than bullsh**ers" :D

Then again, a greeny would likely hit my car or try to remove the sticker if they saw that.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by pajamatime » 10 Aug 2015, 12:45 am

Title_II wrote:
<<Genesis93>> wrote:

You've used too much of your own product. :)

Where did I say I thought blacks or Central Americans were going to take over the country?

I did not.

Where did I say I am against pot?

I did not.

This is another thing potheads have in common. They are very paranoid and defensive. The pothead has not yet figured out whether or not I am on his side. But simply because I dismiss his silly propaganda that has no basis in reality, I become his enemy. Even if I was on his side! Not a good way to champion a cause, dismissing possible allies.

I realize you can't properly spell or use punctuation and capitalization, and it seems (just my opinion) you have some reading comprehension issues as well. But I would like you to explain a few things to me.

SPECIFICALLY

1. What fiber does pot produce that is superior to currently available fibers?
2. What polymers? And why is pot a better source?
3. Monomers? LOL, I'd like to hear this one. I personally know the man who makes 50% of monomers in the world. And, I can assure you, if he could do it better from pot, he would.

Please list the monomers and why they are cheaper from pot. This one should be pretty funny.

4. Energy/oil - completely debunked. 1960s pothead nonsense. Biofuels are a complete flop and destroy the land far more than food crops, and they compete with food crops. The only flora biofuels of value come from waste. Switchgrass is superior to pot as is algae. Pot never even ranked. You got duped. My lawn clippings produce more BTUs in methane than pot can produce in oil or conversion to methanol/ethanol/SynGas/GTL. Pot is not even on the map. It's just a dumb weed that makes people happy by getting them high.

5. Food for humans? You are contradicting yourself.

It's all complete nonsense. Pot is not a special plant with extraordinary physical, biological, or chemical properties. The only problem it can solve is lagging sales of Doritos.

lol I know what the problem is here...you lot forget 80% (give or take) of the science out there has been royally tampered with by "put relevant industry or corporation title here" and that probably why you got all them fancy letters and word up in there being a industry educated favortist and all lol.

Just wait a sec so I can use spell check on my potentially deadly grammar and spellin skills....wouldn't want you to have any ammo for your next wall of gigantic Fking text lol ;) :friends:

Edit: might I add a somewhat important observation? You either have a conflict of interest or you're just seriously biased and pot gets your nickers in a twist?....and yes I'm using lots of ???? To upset you lol :roll:
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 10 Aug 2015, 9:11 am

Title, brother, I was suggesting that you are demonstrating integrity...... by sticking to your beliefs, that I respect. (in the face of adversity, overwhelming logic and opposition)

This is not the place for a dissertation on the chemical composition or manufacture, preparation of the myriad products of hemp..... and I have never indulged...

If you already have all your answers, because Mr 50% is your bud; then why are you asking these questions.....?

Cannabis IS a special plant, and not for the THC.....

Back OT, the association of dope with the dope (the false prophet) is a direct path to ridicule....mary-jane & guns.....
Although I do believe dope should be legal, not because I want all the greens voters doped out, but I firmly believe that if someone want to put something into their own body, they should be allowed..... just like raw milk, ffs, its raw - it may have bacteria etc just like everything in life you take chances.

Problem is that governments have diverted from their original objective of 'peace and good government' and morphed into a tool to churn out legislation far beyond the terms set out by the founding fathers (whether Aus or the USA etc) hundreds and hundreds of bills, that seem to achieve two objectives, usually concurrently;

1-The restriction of personal liberties (including the needless removal of personal wealth)
2-The advancement of corporate interest beyond all others

Why? because the electors allow it, we think there are only 2 choices, in Aus Lib/Lab and in the USA democraps/repubs.... so we vote for one until we get pissed off at them then vote for the other.....repeat ad infinitum...
What makes it worse, the system have been fixed so that even with a minority of votes, you 'win' government; I dont really know what democracy is, but I'm sure thats not it.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by bluerob » 10 Aug 2015, 9:58 am

On the way home last night, I heard David Leyonhjelm being interviewed. He seemed like a reasonable bloke (spent his youth on a dairy farm) who is genuine about fighting for gun rights. He's basically against "nanny state policies."

As for the pot comments.

I'd sooner deal with someone who wants to demolish my pantry and fridge to a pi$$ed idiot or a freak on ice who wants to demolish me because it's my fault that he didn't sleep for 4 days.
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 10 Aug 2015, 3:34 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:Title, brother, I was suggesting that you are demonstrating integrity...... by sticking to your beliefs, that I respect. (in the face of adversity, overwhelming logic and opposition)

This is not the place for a dissertation on the chemical composition or manufacture, preparation of the myriad products of hemp..... and I have never indulged...

If you already have all your answers, because Mr 50% is your bud; then why are you asking these questions.....?

Cannabis IS a special plant, and not for the THC.....

Back OT, the association of dope with the dope (the false prophet) is a direct path to ridicule....mary-jane & guns.....
Although I do believe dope should be legal, not because I want all the greens voters doped out, but I firmly believe that if someone want to put something into their own body, they should be allowed..... just like raw milk, ffs, its raw - it may have bacteria etc just like everything in life you take chances.

Problem is that governments have diverted from their original objective of 'peace and good government' and morphed into a tool to churn out legislation far beyond the terms set out by the founding fathers (whether Aus or the USA etc) hundreds and hundreds of bills, that seem to achieve two objectives, usually concurrently;

1-The restriction of personal liberties (including the needless removal of personal wealth)
2-The advancement of corporate interest beyond all others

Why? because the electors allow it, we think there are only 2 choices, in Aus Lib/Lab and in the USA democraps/repubs.... so we vote for one until we get pissed off at them then vote for the other.....repeat ad infinitum...
What makes it worse, the system have been fixed so that even with a minority of votes, you 'win' government; I dont really know what democracy is, but I'm sure thats not it.

Apparently the way the voting system is atm is the way the pro shooting parties want it for now? Maybe because they have worked so hard to take full advantage of how things are? I know current state of voting is far from democratic but because it's been that way for so long everyone's putting their eggs in one basket kinda thing. Not 100% sure.

Edit: btw when ever I ask the best way to vote so that my vote goes to the right party I get mixed preferences on it.
For example apparently if I vote below the line my vote can get disqualified ? And if I vote above the line it all depends on preference deals? It's ridiculously confusing and I feel like I'm melted cheese being squished out of two slabs of bread lol

Is there a real honest solid answer to " how do I make sure the party I want to vote for actually gets my vote? " lol
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 10 Aug 2015, 5:14 pm

No there isn't. The system is inherently flawed.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics