Gun control Australia

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Gun control Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 06 Aug 2015, 4:08 pm

GCA have a petition to restore gun laws on their website, I sent them an email pointing out they were mistaken in claiming licences are no longer revoked for good behaviour bonds and questioned why they are ignorant with this fact and provided a link to the actual legislation.
For some reason the link to the petition has been disabled, try clicking in it. :D

I sent them another email today about their policies.

www.guncontrolaustralia.org
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Re: Gun control Australia

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Aug 2015, 11:43 pm

Despicable
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Wylie27 » 07 Aug 2015, 8:52 am

Why don't we register guncontrolaustralia.org.au?

Edit: never mind someone did
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pajamatime » 07 Aug 2015, 10:30 am

bentaz wrote:Wow their website is almost as factual as mine http://benbrook2.wix.com/bentism maybe I should star tfund raising to have dolphins banned :crazy:

maybe you should bring that up to the senators with a submission and compare the 2 along side each other? :lol:

edit: btw my hacking days are over and it would take me a while to catch up with the love but if anyone can show a little love or maybe put a few " I love firearms" about the place that would get the giggles going lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baronvonrort » 08 Aug 2015, 11:43 am

2 lies Gun Control Australia peddle are-

1. Those with an AVO can still get access to their firearms
2. Licences are not revoked with a good behaviour bond.

11.General restrictions on issue of licences.
(5)A licence must not be issued to a person who:
(c)is subject to an AVO or who has,at any time within 10 years before the application for the licence was made,been subject to such an order.
(d) is subject to a good behaviour bond,whether entered into in NSW or elsewhere.
www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/maintop/view ... 996+cd+0+N

If you are subject to an AVO and you surrender your firearms to a dealer to sell for you the dealer is the new owner of these firearms, if you want your guns back you will need a Permit to acquire from the firearms registry.

Lots of other lies from GCA,perhaps we should send some emails to Tony asking why he takes any notice of these liars.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 08 Aug 2015, 12:10 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:2 lies Gun Control Australia peddle are-

1. Those with an AVO can still get access to their firearms
2. Licences are not revoked with a good behaviour bond.

11.General restrictions on issue of licences.
(5)A licence must not be issued to a person who:
(c)is subject to an AVO or who has,at any time within 10 years before the application for the licence was made,been subject to such an order.
(d) is subject to a good behaviour bond,whether entered into in NSW or elsewhere.
http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/maint ... 996+cd+0+N

If you are subject to an AVO and you surrender your firearms to a dealer to sell for you the dealer is the new owner of these firearms, if you want your guns back you will need a Permit to acquire from the firearms registry.

Lots of other lies from GCA,perhaps we should send some emails to Tony asking why he takes any notice of these liars.

You won't get a reply from the mad monk, simply because the Fed Gov't pay these NGO's big money in grants (from the public purse of course) to come up with these lies, that the Govt then have to use because they have paid for them, and the last thing he will want is another inquiry into more Govt rorts.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Aug 2015, 11:41 pm

pajamatime wrote:
bentaz wrote:Wow their website is almost as factual as mine http://benbrook2.wix.com/bentism maybe I should star tfund raising to have dolphins banned :crazy:

maybe you should bring that up to the senators with a submission and compare the 2 along side each other? :lol:

edit: btw my hacking days are over and it would take me a while to catch up with the love but if anyone can show a little love or maybe put a few " I love firearms" about the place that would get the giggles going lol

YES ! :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Aug 2015, 11:53 pm

For a second I though that was the church that I've been looking for to join.

I'm looking for a church that worships the hunting god or gods, where hunting with firearms gives you right of passage to the afterword ... see if you are a minority religious group the government won't go near you.

I've got a Scottish mate that is allowed to carry a ceremonial dagger provided he is wearing his man dress ;)
unnamed (11).jpg
unnamed (11).jpg (42.87 KiB) Viewed 5855 times

Church Of The Laterday Hunters dressed in traditional clobber carrying religious symbolic tools.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 09 Aug 2015, 1:13 am

Gun control logic. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary and dangerous.
Pennsylvania Yank
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Aug 2015, 11:51 am

Instead of aman dress could we use drizabones?
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Title_II » 09 Aug 2015, 12:53 pm

You can't carry a knife? :confused:
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Baronvonrort » 09 Aug 2015, 1:56 pm

bentaz wrote:
Maybe I should start on a new religion.
[/quote]

A lot of tax breaks with religion,look at the vast amounts of property owned by various churches from catholics to Hillsong and those Scientologists.

I thought about this a while back,considered making Huey the wind god someone worthy of worship to scam some waterfront property along with a fleet of boats.
Also thought about adding clauses for cavity searches where they have to be done by members of the opposite sex, if more than 1 woman is available to do cavity search I get to choose which one.
If it's before lunch they must supply coffee and donut before probing,after lunch is beer or wine plus Pizza.

I would suggest god has some type of you beaut IPAD or Tablet instead of the old fashioned stone tablets found in other religions.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by sandgroperbill » 09 Aug 2015, 4:31 pm

Title_II wrote:You can't carry a knife? :confused:

No, though I've never had any issues with having a pocket knife in a pouch on my belt.

Now, if it was my foot long kukri that I carry in case of snakes during summer, that may earn me some unwanted attention in town.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Bark » 11 Aug 2015, 11:39 am

Baronvonrort wrote:For some reason the link to the petition has been disabled, try clicking in it. :D

Good work sir :mrgreen:
Bark
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bark » 11 Aug 2015, 11:39 am

Wylie27 wrote:Edit: never mind someone did

Probably them so someone else can't fill it with the facts that blow holes through their rubbish :lol:
Bark
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Heckler303 » 11 Aug 2015, 11:46 am

Bark wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:Edit: never mind someone did

Probably them so someone else can't fill it with the facts that blow holes through their rubbish :lol:

Maybe one day there will be an Anti-Gun group that understands the real facts behind firearms.

As we've seen so many times before, the only group that actually understands guns, is the gun owners themselves.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by sarki » 12 Aug 2015, 12:16 pm

Heckler303 wrote:Maybe one day there will be an Anti-Gun group that understands the real facts behind firearms.

As we've seen so many times before, the only group that actually understands guns, is the gun owners themselves.

I'd almost say by definition if they understood they couldn't be against them.

All the antis run off fear, paranoia and being oblivious to the facts. As you already know.
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 12 Aug 2015, 1:02 pm

Gun control is nothing more than a conveniantly popular platform for these people to launch their real agenda which is power and control of as people as possible.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by chacka » 17 Aug 2015, 10:15 am

Yup for the above.

Anything to tell other people how to live because "they know better" :roll:
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by pajamatime » 21 Aug 2015, 2:35 pm

chacka wrote:Yup for the above.

Anything to tell other people how to live because "they know better" :roll:

bloody nanny state!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Fry » 24 Aug 2015, 3:53 pm

I say we dump all the antis out in the wild to fend for themselves for a week.

Since they know so much about everything it should be a doddle for them to find their way back in good shape ;)
Fry
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 25 Aug 2015, 2:16 am

Fry wrote:I say we dump all the antis out in the wild to fend for themselves for a week.

Since they know so much about everything it should be a doddle for them to find their way back in good shape ;)

Yeah,
Then they might realize that EVERYTHING come from the land and the City does nothing but consume.
Solar Energy runs Trees not Cities.
It's the land that produces food not the supermarket.
I'd give em 24 hours before suffering Latte withdrawal symptoms :lol:
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by adam » 25 Aug 2015, 8:50 am

We have people who have never raised a child telling those who have what they've done wrong...

We have people who have never ran a sheep farm tell those who have what they're doing wrong...

We have people who have never ran a piggery tell those who have what they're doing wrong...

We have people who live in cities telling people who own land what they're doing wrong...

We have people that have had no experience with firearms whatsoever telling others what they're doing (is) wrong.

Personally I reckon that if someone wants to criticise someone else - they should lead by example. Do it, get experience and knowledge - and prove yourself. Prove it's a better way by showing, not just telling. Anyone can pick holes and tell someone else what they should be doing and what they believe is wrong. The proof is in the ability to have experience and be successful at it first.

If they don't like guns. That's fine - but visit a gun club. Meet the members and get to know people first and then decide if they're redneck cowboys with no regard for life, or whether they're actually level headed law abiding people, and then make an informed decision. If they can't do that - then their hatred is based purely on ignorant emotion, and no experience or understanding.
Last edited by adam on 25 Aug 2015, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adam
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by coloradoboy » 25 Aug 2015, 11:06 am

gun control is breath control, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger control.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by huccl » 27 Aug 2015, 11:39 am

adam wrote:If they can't do that - then their hatred is based purely on ignorant emotion, and no experience or understanding.

Bingo :clap:
Browning A-Bolt M-1000 Eclipse 308 Win
CZ 453 Varmint 22LR
huccl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by happyhunter » 20 Sep 2015, 10:25 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 13 Feb 2017, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Baronvonrort » 20 Sep 2015, 8:29 pm

I wonder if taxpayers are paying for these assclowns from GCA.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bigtone » 20 Sep 2015, 9:23 pm

Title_II wrote:You can't carry a knife? :confused:

HELL NO!

Even a pocket knife (not flick or spring loaded) could get you in a world of trouble if the pigs were to find out that you had it! It's ok if you can really justify having it for work, but don't go near a school or public place with it especially if the blade is longer than 4 inches.
It's not banned in Queensland but you just can't have one!
bigtone
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by happyhunter » 20 Sep 2015, 11:51 pm

Last edited by happyhunter on 13 Feb 2017, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by happyhunter » 21 Sep 2015, 12:02 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 13 Feb 2017, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Next

Return to Firearms related media and politics