Ricky Muir Calls for Adler ban to be overturned

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Ricky Muir Calls for Adler ban to be overturned

Post by bigfellascott » 11 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/news/p ... 7478292294

POLITICS
Victorian senator Ricky Muir calls for ban on Adler shotgun to be overturned
NATALIE KOTSIOS THE WEEKLY TIMES AUGUST 11, 2015 8:33AM

Moral stance: Senator Ricky Muir doesn’t expect much support from other senators but beli
Moral stance: Senator Ricky Muir doesn’t expect much support from other senators but believes he is doing the right thing. Picture: Ray Strange
VICTORIAN senator Ricky Muir will today call for the importation ban of the Adler A110 lever-action shotgun to be overturned.

Senator Muir and his NSW counterpart David Leyonhjelm will table a motion in the Senate today to disallow the “unjust” temporary ban — and they have thrown down the gauntlet to Nationals senators to back their plea.

The Federal Government last month suspended the Adler’s import licence pending a full review of the National Firearms Agreement, leading to uproar among shooters.

Mr Muir told The Weekly Times the Adler satisfied all requirements under current legislation.

“For me, this disallowance is a reminder to the Government that there are proper processes Parliament should be taking,” he said.

“It is a reminder that bringing in knee jerk regulations that only affect those that abide by the law, and selling it with mistruths, essentially makes law-abiding firearm owners look like criminals, and this is unacceptable.

“It is a moral stance and one I will continue to fight for, and although I do not expect a lot of support from my colleagues in the Senate, it will be interesting to see what position the National Party senators take.”

Senator Leyonhjelm said shooters had a right to be outraged.

“The technology used in the Adler is exactly the same as the technology used in lever action shotguns for more than a century. The suggestion that this is a rapid fire weapon is ridiculous,” he said.

“Those of us who have been around for a while know exactly what’s going on, and we are not going to put up with it. The government is hoping that if they can ban the Adler, they will then be able to ban all lever-action and pump-action shotguns.”

Senator Muir said he supported stronger measures targeting the illegal firearms trade only.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Ricky Muir Calls for Adler ban to be overturned

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Aug 2015, 2:10 pm

Go Ricky !

I wish more senators would stand up for what is RIGHT , rather than what they THINK is going to win votes.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Title_II » 11 Aug 2015, 2:17 pm

Everybody send him a thank you letter or email and send his campaign some cash. Even $5.

Then call his office and ask how you can help get something done. The staffers of these people (especially the senior ones) know the lay of the land, any bills (I know this is mostly not parliament) or efforts anyone is talking about, who is supporting and who is standing in the way,.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by aaronjo » 11 Aug 2015, 2:28 pm

A polititian who has a good grasp of the situation, well done!
Beretta 87 Target 22LR
Walther PPQ M2 9mm
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .223
aaronjo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Panthum » 11 Aug 2015, 2:54 pm

Honestly when he was first elected I thought it was a joke, only elected because of donkey votes. After his introduction though he has turned out to be a good bloke. Seems he's only getting better. Good on him.
Savage Mark II BTVS .22 LR
Steyr Mannlicher Pro Hunter .223
Panthum
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Aug 2015, 3:19 pm

Title_II wrote:Everybody send him a thank you letter or email and send his campaign some cash. Even $5.

Then call his office and ask how you can help get something done. The staffers of these people (especially the senior ones) know the lay of the land, any bills (I know this is mostly not parliament) or efforts anyone is talking about, who is supporting and who is standing in the way,.

Totally agree .... and done

http://www.australianmotoringenthusiast ... rRickyMuir

Contact details on his website
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 11 Aug 2015, 3:23 pm

Title_II wrote:Everybody send him a thank you letter or email and send his campaign some cash. Even $5.

If you send him a thank you email ask him not to reply, point out he would be very busy with more important things to do.

If we vote for firearm friendly politicians it can make a difference,keep this in mind at future every election.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Aug 2015, 5:50 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:

woo and was a HSRep too. He has my vote next election. :lol:
We need more "normal" people I the parliament.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Aug 2015, 7:30 pm

The link above just stopped working. Try this one.

http://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Memb ... PID=250024
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bear foot bowhunter » 11 Aug 2015, 10:54 pm

Any ideas on how this whent ?
bear foot bowhunter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 12 Aug 2015, 7:28 am

Oldbloke wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:

woo and was a HSRep too. He has my vote next election. :lol:
We need more "normal" people I the parliament.

And this dear friends, and fellow shooters, is how we go about winning this. Yes, spending 30 bucks to join a political party helps that political party, but for the vast majority of us doesn't mean that that party will stand a candidate in our electorate. However, splitting your $30 up and donating directly to the personnel campaign funds, even if they are not from your own electorate, or even your own State, of those State and Federal MPs/Senators (whatever brand of politics they follow) who openly, and publicly support LAFOs will help to ensure that they are still in office after whichever election they next stand in.
It is said that every Australian LAFO have on average four, non shooting, family members/friends of voting age, that support their lifestyle, hobby, sport, etc, so get them to donate just one dollar to these MPs/Senators as well.
And instead of writing a letter of support to these MPs/Senators, write to your own State/Federal Mp/Senator informing them that you and your, on average four, non shooting family members/friends of voting age have donated to #insert mane here# because they support your choice to be a LAFO. Then ask, "What could your next election campaign do with a potential 3.2 million dollar injection of funds?" That's right, and you can call it a bribe or a bounty, or whatever you like, but the buying power of 800,000 LAFO's, plus their, on average four, non shooting family members/friends of voting age donating just $1 each to any Pollie willing to vote down this Adler ban can and will not be ignored by said politicians.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by KWhorenet » 12 Aug 2015, 12:38 pm

His name did not click straight away, but he is local to me, I'm standing outside his Sale office ha-ha

Might leave a note, a donation and an offer to come shoot a cull buck for his freezer.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by KWhorenet » 12 Aug 2015, 12:44 pm

His email address is senator.muir@aph.gov.au
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Aug 2015, 8:33 pm

Yep, I sent an emial thanking him.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 16 Aug 2015, 6:01 am

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Heckler303 » 16 Aug 2015, 11:27 am

LOL, who cares what Ms. Lee says. All she ever does is have emotional fits and attacks at things she doesnt understand.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Newdave » 16 Aug 2015, 11:37 am

Exept everything Ms Lee is saying is supported by the liberal federal government and at least SAPOL and VICPOL . Crazy but true .The NFA 'Review' is a joke they allready know what they want to do . It's just about timing and implementation now.
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Heckler303 » 16 Aug 2015, 11:42 am

Newdave wrote:Exept everything Ms Lee is saying is supported by the liberal federal government and at least SAPOL and VICPOL . Crazy but true .The NFA 'Review' is a joke they allready know what they want to do . It's just about timing and implementation now.

No way in hell am I going to let her have the last laugh when it comes to this, I'm quite happy donating towards senators and campaigns to shut out people like her who do not even understand what they are talking about, let alone try to control us when WE understand it.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by jays » 18 Aug 2015, 10:08 am

Heckler303 wrote:All she ever does is have emotional fits and attacks at things she doesnt understand.

You've just described the whole greens party :mrgreen:
jays
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics