Senator Leyonhjelm to present petition directly -sign me

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Senator Leyonhjelm to present petition directly -sign me

Post by pajamatime » 21 Aug 2015, 6:09 pm

"The Minister responsible for Customs, Peter Dutton MP, on Thursday August 6 made a regulation invoking a “temporary” import ban on lever action shotguns with a magazine capacity of more than five rounds.

After a number of us contacted David Leyonhjelm - Liberal Democrats Senator NSW, he decided to move a Disallowance Motion in the Senate which will be debated in the September sittings.

Passing of the Disallowance Motion would immediately force the complete repeal of the Adler ban, rather than in 12 months.

One of the major parties must support the Disallowance Motion for it to pass.

Senator Leyonhjelm has agreed to present a petition to the Senate, as per below, prior to a vote being taken on the disallowance in September.

The petition also calls for the formal reinstituting of the abolished Firearms Advisory Council. If the government had the advice of the Council they may not have launched the foolish Adler ban in the first place."

https://www.change.org/p/the-australian-senate-revoke-the-ban-on-the-adler-lever-action-shotgun?recruiter=91856100&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Edit: I will just put this here so please show it consideration at least.

https://www.communityrun.org/petitions/end-the-hysterical-persecution-of-law-abiding-gun-owners-lago

Dear Ministers,

Of late it seems to have become convenient to label law abiding gun owners as "Gun Nuts" or "Gun Freaks" simply because we own and legitimately use firearms for sporting purposes.

This has continued to be expedient because many of you choose not to manage the real problem in our society, the rampant proliferation of illegal, uncontrolled, black market firearms entering this country through lack border protection and poor policing.

Please stop the demonisation of law abiding citizens and focus your efforts on managing illegal guns and not legal gun ownership.
Why is this important?

Law abiding gun owners have become the focus of a number of factional group and political leftists such as the Greens. They seek to make legal gun ownership impossible for the average citizen inspite of the fact that their draconian efforts have been shown to have no effect on the rate of gun use by criminals who, by their very nature, ignore the very bans these people seek to impose on lawful gun owners who comply with the regulations in every respect.

The focus of their efforts needs to change from one of persecuting legal gun owners to more effective boarder controls to prevent black markets firearms being imported into this country as well as more efficient policing to track down illegal firearms.

Increase the penalties for illegal ownership and the use of a firearm in ANY crime and stop persecuting people who choose to pursue a great hobby and an Olympic sport.
Last edited by pajamatime on 28 Aug 2015, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: Senator Leyonhjelm to present petition directly -sign me

Post by Heckler303 » 21 Aug 2015, 6:22 pm

Whoah, the petition is going hot, nearly 500 votes, it was 400 just 12 minutes ago. I signed it before :D.

Also, after taking a lot more looks at Liberal Democrats and this Senator, if it was up to me, I'd have him put on the cap that says: "I run Australia, have a go ya mug".

This guy needs to be prime minister one day.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by pajamatime » 21 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm

Heckler303 wrote:Whoah, the petition is going hot, nearly 500 votes, it was 400 just 12 minutes ago. I signed it before :D.

Also, after taking a lot more looks at Liberal Democrats and this Senator, if it was up to me, I'd have him put on the cap that says: "I run Australia, have a go ya mug".

This guy needs to be prime minister one day.

this is the petition of all petitions. We know this is getting direct exposure so we need to make it look delicious ^_^
share it with everything! even bigfoot! Thanks for signing and sharing.

bentaz wrote:signed and shared!

thanks m8! gw!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 22 Aug 2015, 10:28 am

Signed
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by tom604 » 22 Aug 2015, 11:02 am

done
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by Baldrick314 » 22 Aug 2015, 4:40 pm

Signed
.177, .22lr, .22-250R, 2x .308W, .30-30W, 7.62x54r, 8x56r, 9x19, .357 Mag, 12GA
Baldrick314
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bluerob » 23 Aug 2015, 8:13 am

Baldrick314 wrote:Signed

+ 1
bluerob
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Broom » 24 Aug 2015, 3:36 pm

Over half way there :thumbsup:
Ruger Gunsite Scout in three oh eight. Oh yeah!
Broom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 24 Aug 2015, 8:31 pm

Broom wrote:Ohhh we're half way there :thumbsup:

HAaaaa hooooo, livin' on a prayer!

I'm sorry I just had to do that. I got my friends today to sign it and one of them pushed it to 2500 today in math class. Good on him!
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by pajamatime » 25 Aug 2015, 1:03 pm

Heckler303 wrote:

I'm sorry I just had to do that. I got my friends today to sign it and one of them pushed it to 2500 today in math class. Good on him!

good work! ^_^
don't forget to talk about how the Australian gun culture is built on safety, Maturity & respect of firearms. we have to combat all those video games and Hollywood movies that portray firearms to be evil. ^_^ U have access to the younger generations m8..educate them the right way the first way I reckon ^_^
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 25 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm

pajamatime wrote:
Heckler303 wrote:

good work! ^_^
don't forget to talk about how the Australian gun culture is built on safety, Maturity & respect of firearms. we have to combat all those video games and Hollywood movies that portray firearms to be evil. ^_^ U have access to the younger generations m8..educate them the right way the first way I reckon ^_^

Sure I've done my thing to educate them, but listen to what just happened before (I'm at school typing this)

Me and one of my mates were busy doing work and talking quietly about Australian politics and it came to guns , get this: I said this sentence "Its bullsh*t that pump-action shotguns are restricted but not pump action rifles", the teacher at the front (Who is a complete cow also) yelled at me for saying 'Pump action rifle' in class, completely ignoring the fact I swore in class before. :wtf: Wtf seriously? just by saying pump action rifle I'm talking about illegal activities at school? Get your head on straight Ms. Bigarse, I'm not a crook, I just finished your assignment you handed out 3 days early and I can talk about firearms and politics if I feel like it! :evil:
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Rippah » 26 Aug 2015, 8:51 am

Heckler303 wrote:HAaaaa hooooo, livin' on a prayer!

I see what you did there :mrgreen:
Remington 700 CDL 35 Whelen
Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x50
Remington Model 12 .22LR
CZ Ring neck 12G
Rippah
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by David Brown » 26 Aug 2015, 2:20 pm

C'mon folks, get this link sent to all your mates. They need to know that even if you never have any desire for a shotgun at all, let alone a lever, that this fight is the thin end of the wedge and it will be a dire situation if the "anti's" have a win.

get it on your email lists, Facebook everywhere.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 26 Aug 2015, 8:11 pm

Just got the email, the petition has nearly hit 5000 signatures!

Great job everybody, still pass on this as much as you can like what David said, every one of them counts?
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Herdsman » 27 Aug 2015, 2:06 pm

One more from me.

Nearly 5.5k now, 2k to go.
Shepherding bullets down range.

Tikka Hunter Stainless Fluted 300 Win Mag
Tikka Battue Lite .308 Win
Tikka Varmint Stainless .222 Rem
Herdsman
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 28 Aug 2015, 7:55 am

good work everyone, keep it up. the shooting community needs to all register their mobile numbers for a call to action texts lol. decent idea
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Harper » 31 Aug 2015, 2:45 pm

480 to go :)
Savage 14/114 American Classic 30-06 Springfield
Savage Axis 25-06 Remington
Harper
Corporal
Corporal