Any members of the NRA

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Any members of the NRA

Post by Clarky75 » 28 Aug 2015, 9:45 am

Hi All,

Are any of you guys a member of the NRA?

Was considering in joining, interested to hear any of you that are members, and if its worth it for us Aussies

Thanks

Clarky
Clarky75
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Any members of the NRA

Post by GLS_1956 » 29 Aug 2015, 4:08 am

Life Member of the NRA of America, since age 18, I'm 59 now. For me here in the USA it is the best investment one could ever make. Our NRA is the vanguard in gun safety, gun training, overseeing competition and of course preserving our right to keep and bear arms.
I've been asked: "How many guns do you need to have?" My answer remains the same: "One more."
GLS_1956
Sergeant
Sergeant

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 29 Aug 2015, 4:22 am

The NRA has not had a perfect history. They've often been behind the times. But they've caught up and are now full-bore with Gun Culture 2.0.

Politicians in the US like to complain that the NRA runs around with bags of money. This is a lie, and proves that liberals are not men and have no honor. What they are really afraid of is that the NRA tells on them when they are bad. The NRA in the US can snap their fingers and summon 3 million to 5 million members and 10 million or more non-members to punish the freedom haters for their transgressions.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by coloradoboy » 29 Aug 2015, 2:35 pm

I am a member. you get a magazine and insurance. I joined because I didn't know what is more useful than giving a small amount to an organization that safeguards your freedom. you get a car decal as well which is pretty awesome to have around on your car / truck.

Charlton Heston was pretty awesome too.

Alternatively, joining the GOP could also suffice.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 29 Aug 2015, 2:53 pm

coloradoboy wrote:I am a member. you get a magazine and insurance. I joined because I didn't know what is more useful than giving a small amount to an organization that safeguards your freedom. you get a car decal as well which is pretty awesome to have around on your car / truck.

Charlton Heston was pretty awesome too.

Alternatively, joining the GOP could also suffice.

I stood next to Wayne Lapiere with a loaded sidearm on my hip, a loaded AR-15 over my shoulder, and about 500 of my closest armed friends. He didn't have any Secret Service with him, because he is a man. And man can he yell to an audience :)

Larry Prat of GOA is my favorite, though. Nobody can express as many insults and threats in the form of humor as that guy. :) The man has no shame and know no limits :) Reminds me a little of Patton.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by trekin » 30 Aug 2015, 3:53 am

Clarky75 wrote:Hi All,

Are any of you guys a member of the NRA?

Was considering in joining, interested to hear any of you that are members, and if its worth it for us Aussies

Thanks

Clarky

For us Aussies, in Australia, no, there is no benefit in joining the NRA, as they have a policy of not interfering the domestic gun laws of foreign countries.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by coloradoboy » 30 Aug 2015, 12:13 pm

Title_II wrote:I stood next to Wayne Lapiere with a loaded sidearm on my hip, a loaded AR-15 over my shoulder, and about 500 of my closest armed friends. He didn't have any Secret Service with him, because he is a man. And man can he yell to an audience :)

Larry Prat of GOA is my favorite, though. Nobody can express as many insults and threats in the form of humor as that guy. :) The man has no shame and know no limits :) Reminds me a little of Patton.

yeah those guys are absolutely awesome. you are pretty lucky to have got to meet him. they definitely aren't hypocrites and practice what they preach unlike obama, hillary and those liberals.

were you on some open carry movement ?
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by coloradoboy » 30 Aug 2015, 12:18 pm

trekin wrote:For us Aussies, in Australia, no, there is no benefit in joining the NRA, as they have a policy of not interfering the domestic gun laws of foreign countries.

The NRA does have links and affiliations with foreign freedom and firearm rights associations, so it still isn't entirely useless to join.

Freedom is a universal concept not constrained by borders.
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 30 Aug 2015, 9:15 pm

coloradoboy wrote:yeah those guys are absolutely awesome. you are pretty lucky to have got to meet him. they definitely aren't hypocrites and practice what they preach unlike obama, hillary and those liberals.

were you on some open carry movement ?

Annual Pennsylvania 2A capitol rally and lobbying event. By "lobbying" I mean citizen constituents, not money.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by sarki » 31 Aug 2015, 9:13 am

No.

I don't believe there is any point in joining as an Australian.

They may have affiliations but no funding or influence comes our way.
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Arth » 31 Aug 2015, 11:07 am

Ditto for the above.

Seems like paying membership to support another countries shooters and not ours.
Arth
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 31 Aug 2015, 12:12 pm

Why don't you ask them to come help you?

I know they did some stuff in South America at one point.

Oh yeah, I forgot, "Because they will never blah blah blah it's different here blah blah blah we have to lose our gun rights blah blah blah"

Do something. Do everything. Will it work? No. It didn't work when we did it in the mid 90s. We failed over and over and over. All was for naught. We were fools. Then we started winning.

Sorry guys, it aint easy. It aint handed to you. You have to work for it. You have to fall on your face over and over again until the day people take you seriously. Are there no Australian pioneers or champions?

Never tell me, "They don't care," or "it won't work." I will never accept that from any of you. When I fought, acceptable loses were 20% for every daily assault. And when I was sitting on a runway with a chute on my back, they told us Airborne penetrations were "8 out of 10 dead." That scared the living stuff out of me. I knew I was going to die and put my faith in God.

The battle was won.

What do you have to lose when you try something to defend your natural birth right to keep and bare arms to defend yourself? NOTHING. Are you going to tell me, "eh, it won't work" and give up? bulls**t. Aussies are going to FIGHT. And every Aussie in the fight is going to convince two others to join them. And you will give each of those two the same burden.

Live free or die!

And, I bring this to you from The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,

We shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.

I heard there are some Aussies out there that will do their job and serve their country. Real men and women of character and honor. People who never said "It can't be done" when confronted with people threatening Human Rights of millions of people. People that will stand up no matter what.

We have some of those people here, right?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigtone » 31 Aug 2015, 12:50 pm

Title_II,

It may be in your interest to send some NRA people and money here to help fight the injustice here in Australia (particularly Queensland) because I believe that Obama is modelling your new laws off our super restrictive dictatorship. BTW Aussies do not have the right to bear arms or defend themselves. If someone breaks into your house and attacks you and you hurt or kill them, you are in deep trouble and will do time!
It's not banned in Queensland but you just can't have one!
bigtone
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 31 Aug 2015, 1:10 pm

bigtone wrote:It may be in your interest to send some NRA people and money here to help fight the injustice here in Australia (particularly Queensland) because I believe that Obama is modelling your new laws off our super restrictive dictatorship. BTW Aussies do not have the right to bear arms or defend themselves. If someone breaks into your house and attacks you and you hurt or kill them, you are in deep trouble and will do time!

Every human being has the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and to defend themselves.

No government can give that to you, you are born with it. Did your government grant you the right to breath air?
If your government has taken it away from you, they are tyrannical and invalid. What will you say when the tell you that you can't have water even though it is condensing on your windows and flowing through the creek? Will you die?

Obama is not 'modelling" (sic) any of "my" "new laws." He has not passed a single gun law and he will not until he is dead.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by bigtone » 31 Aug 2015, 1:26 pm

Funnily enough, they were considering installing meters on our rainwater tanks so they can charge us for rainwater that falls on our own roof. If you strike oil on your own property it is not yours, it belongs to the our government. As for firearms, I have been jumping hoops for Queensland weapons licensing now for 10 weeks trying to get a permit to acquire a 416 barrett and have now been told that i will have to get written permission before i can use it each time and that it can never be used at a rifle range. If I get caught exceeding the speed limit on my bike or in a car here by more than 40kph I will have my vehicle confiscated and will get arrested and have a criminal record which will mean I lose my weapons license also. That is our reality of democracy here in Queensland. The problem is that the majority of people here have been brainwashed severely and have become sheeple, and thats the way our goverment likes it. I completely agree with you about the tyranny and am coming to the US for a holiday next year. I probably will be trying to immigrate after that.
bigtone
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by trekin » 31 Aug 2015, 1:33 pm

Title, when I said in my post that "they have a policy of not interfering the domestic gun laws of foreign countries", I wasn't plucking quotes out of thin air. At least the Canadians arranged a pro gun Politician to come over and talk to our Govt when asked to by the Shooters Union.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 31 Aug 2015, 2:21 pm

trekin wrote:When I said in my post that "they have a policy of not interfering the domestic gun laws of foreign countries", I wasn't plucking quotes out of thin air. At least the Canadians arranged a pro gun Politician to come over and talk to our Govt when asked to by the Shooters Union.

So you will do nothing, correct? And you will not solicit the NRA for assistance, because why bother. Is that second point also correct?
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by trekin » 31 Aug 2015, 2:55 pm

Title_II wrote:
trekin wrote:When I said in my post that "they have a policy of not interfering the domestic gun laws of foreign countries", I wasn't plucking quotes out of thin air. At least the Canadians arranged a pro gun Politician to come over and talk to our Govt when asked to by the Shooters Union.

So you will do nothing, correct? And you will not solicit the NRA for assistance, because why bother. Is that second point also correct?

Mate, what part of " I wasn't plucking quotes out of thin air." are you having problems understanding. This has been their standard response to solicitations for assistance over the last 19 years. And until there is some tangible evidence that this policy has changed, I will, when asked, keep advising Australian shooters not to send their hard earned overseas to any organization who will not invest some of that money back here to help us in our fight against the gun grabbers.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigtone » 31 Aug 2015, 4:11 pm

Sorry guys, it aint easy. It aint handed to you. You have to work for it. You have to fall on your face over and over again until the day people take you seriously. Are there no Australian pioneers or champions?

What do you have to lose when you try something to defend your natural birth right to keep and bare arms to defend yourself? NOTHING. Are you going to tell me, "eh, it won't work" and give up? bulls**t. Aussies are going to FIGHT. And every Aussie in the fight is going to convince two others to join them. And you will give each of those two the same burden.

Live free or die!

I know that citizens of the USA are passionate about their rights to bare arms and to defend themselves, but Aussies don't have those rights anymore and we don't have the support of any organizations with the money to fight the legal battles that NEED to be won. The majority of Aussies would be more likely to fight for the rights of gays to adopt and mess up kids lives, or to fight for some other screwed up cause. Please don' get me wrong, Australia can be a beautiful place, but we are being overrun by gay, greenie weirdos with no idea about anything. They are not the majority, they are the noisy minority, and the majority will not stand up to defend themselves because of the oppressive system of government we live under.
I would like to stand up and be counted as one who is not afraid of the oppressors. But the fight cannot be won with fists and guns. If the NRA would like to help us in this fight I would stand proudly alongside. At present though, we have no-one to stand alongside of. Our SSAA either has it's hands tied or couldn't be bothered, but that doesn't mean the cause is not worthy of a fight!
bigtone
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 31 Aug 2015, 11:48 pm

bigtone wrote:I know that citizens of the USA are passionate about their rights to bare arms and to defend themselves, but Aussies don't have those rights anymore and we don't have the support of any organizations with the money to fight the legal battles that NEED to be won.

We didn't have those rights 20 years ago either, and didn't have the support of any organizations.

We were in nearly the same spot as you.

It wasn't organizations or money that led us out of it. WE LED THEM, kicking and screaming. If you think the NRA came in and solved our problems, you are wrong. They didn't CARE about our problems. WE did it. WE made EVERYONE care. :)

Make no mistake. There were a lot of people back then saying what you are saying. Fortunately, we didn't listen to them, but dragged them kicking and screaming as well :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Hadoku » 01 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

Title_II wrote:It wasn't organizations or money that led us out of it. WE LED THEM, kicking and screaming. If you think the NRA came in and solved our problems, you are wrong. They didn't CARE about our problems. WE did it. WE made EVERYONE care.

That bears a remarkable resemblance to our main shooting body I think :(
Hadoku
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics