Any members of the NRA

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Any members of the NRA

Post by bigtone » 31 Aug 2015, 4:11 pm

Sorry guys, it aint easy. It aint handed to you. You have to work for it. You have to fall on your face over and over again until the day people take you seriously. Are there no Australian pioneers or champions?

What do you have to lose when you try something to defend your natural birth right to keep and bare arms to defend yourself? NOTHING. Are you going to tell me, "eh, it won't work" and give up? bulls**t. Aussies are going to FIGHT. And every Aussie in the fight is going to convince two others to join them. And you will give each of those two the same burden.

Live free or die!

I know that citizens of the USA are passionate about their rights to bare arms and to defend themselves, but Aussies don't have those rights anymore and we don't have the support of any organizations with the money to fight the legal battles that NEED to be won. The majority of Aussies would be more likely to fight for the rights of gays to adopt and mess up kids lives, or to fight for some other screwed up cause. Please don' get me wrong, Australia can be a beautiful place, but we are being overrun by gay, greenie weirdos with no idea about anything. They are not the majority, they are the noisy minority, and the majority will not stand up to defend themselves because of the oppressive system of government we live under.
I would like to stand up and be counted as one who is not afraid of the oppressors. But the fight cannot be won with fists and guns. If the NRA would like to help us in this fight I would stand proudly alongside. At present though, we have no-one to stand alongside of. Our SSAA either has it's hands tied or couldn't be bothered, but that doesn't mean the cause is not worthy of a fight!
It's not banned in Queensland but you just can't have one!
bigtone
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 31 Aug 2015, 11:48 pm

bigtone wrote:I know that citizens of the USA are passionate about their rights to bare arms and to defend themselves, but Aussies don't have those rights anymore and we don't have the support of any organizations with the money to fight the legal battles that NEED to be won.

We didn't have those rights 20 years ago either, and didn't have the support of any organizations.

We were in nearly the same spot as you.

It wasn't organizations or money that led us out of it. WE LED THEM, kicking and screaming. If you think the NRA came in and solved our problems, you are wrong. They didn't CARE about our problems. WE did it. WE made EVERYONE care. :)

Make no mistake. There were a lot of people back then saying what you are saying. Fortunately, we didn't listen to them, but dragged them kicking and screaming as well :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Hadoku » 01 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

Title_II wrote:It wasn't organizations or money that led us out of it. WE LED THEM, kicking and screaming. If you think the NRA came in and solved our problems, you are wrong. They didn't CARE about our problems. WE did it. WE made EVERYONE care.

That bears a remarkable resemblance to our main shooting body I think :(
Hadoku
Private
Private

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics