In the Pocket

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: In the Pocket

Post by aaronjo » 28 Aug 2015, 3:49 pm

I wonder if we could get one of those under a Cat A/B licence...
Beretta 87 Target 22LR
Walther PPQ M2 9mm
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .223
aaronjo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Aug 2015, 5:25 pm

Yup, what a surprise with the distinct lack of waves... at least in public...

230,000 odd per unit; not a bad little contract, strange that our ADF went through a middle man for a General Dynamics product....maybe the contract call for onsite service and GD said our guys can forget it - not for a paltry 200 unit contract :lol:

must be very compact indeed, being only 40mm, same size as the launchers hanging off the m4 arent they??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Aug 2015, 7:19 pm

Will probably come in handy when our esteemed leader give the go to invade Syria :roll:

And yes, same as the one underhung on the plastic POS...... Kiwis have gone to the AR platform, how long till Aussies ditch it too, I know the frenchies have put a new plastic molding and a few more pic rails on it and think it will last another 30yrs... :lol: :unknown:

side note the other question is ditching the fox shooting rounds for a 30 cal - interesting Turkey is an example, going back to the 308 apparently
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by brett1868 » 28 Aug 2015, 7:29 pm

I know the frenchies have put a new plastic molding and a few more pic rails on it and think it will last another 30yrs

More like the fashion conscious French upgrading from Tactical to Pro-Tactical :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 28 Aug 2015, 7:53 pm

something like that, Colt wouldnt license production or too exxy....we should have done the chinese thing and said copyright, shmopyright

Poor MPs, had to tighen the belt back then to afford the 32% payrise those trough feeders awarded themselves a few yrs ago....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Aug 2015, 8:48 pm

It's a bit sad that in this day and age we don't contract making these onshore.
It's great that we have lightglow making battlefield rifles but we can go the whole 9 yards and make the lot here in Australia.
Rosie Boots lost the contract supplying boots to the ADF to an Australian co that has it's boots made offshore.
Why cant our government understand that if they spend OUR money here in Australia, that money stays here in Australia and so do the jobs.
Shame shame shame
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Baronvonrort » 28 Aug 2015, 8:57 pm

I saw Mr Nioa on the ABC defending the Adler, he even took journalists into his shooting range to compare it to a pump action.

I wouldn't say he was being quiet about the Adler.

It's probably good he gets government contracts,might help with getting reasonable ITAR restrictions for Australia.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 28 Aug 2015, 9:34 pm

I want one!

No, it does NOT fire the same ammo as the M203. It fires "high velocity" 40mm grenades like the MK19. Much, much further range, effective 1500 meters max 2200. Also fires HV air burst ammo. I don't THINK you could load this ammo in a 203, but it you can, it would knock you on your a** if not blow up your tube.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Aug 2015, 10:04 pm

bentaz wrote:we also used to get the uniforms made in Bendigo, but now get them cheaper from China :thumbsdown:

Those clever little monkey's are probably weaving special threads into the uniforms that are made from highly reactive compound A which explode into flames when subjected to compound B.

To think that they considered having someone else build our subs :crazy:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 29 Aug 2015, 8:49 am

Title_II wrote:I want one!

No, it does NOT fire the same ammo as the M203. It fires "high velocity" 40mm grenades like the MK19. Much, much further range, effective 1500 meters max 2200. Also fires HV air burst ammo. I don't THINK you could load this ammo in a 203, but it you can, it would knock you on your a** if not blow up your tube.

Same size yes of 40mm, I would never presume this mounted launcher would eat the same grenades/missiles as the lightweight rifle... would be kind of pointless....

You got one of these title?? Wouldnt surprise me if they'll have them at the, whats that crazy redneck machine gun shoot held every year?? :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Heckler303 » 29 Aug 2015, 9:24 am

Who on earth needs a rapid fire high explosive deadly grenade launching device on military-style tripod? Lets put up a petition to ban it so nutters dont get a hold of it! :sarcasm:
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Title_II » 29 Aug 2015, 9:45 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Title_II wrote:I want one!

Same size yes of 40mm, I would never presume this mounted launcher would eat the same grenades/missiles as the lightweight rifle... would be kind of pointless....

You got one of these title?? Wouldnt surprise me if they'll have them at the, whats that crazy redneck machine gun shoot held every year?? :lol:

Which crazy redneck machinegun shoot? There are hundreds, and scores of really big ones. I have one nearly every month :)

No, I don't have one. Yes, there are civilian transferable ones (MK19 not the new one), but not many. Generally if you want stuff like this you start a gun shop and pay the $500 for the Class 3 license and get non-transferable ones, or you start a gun manufacturing business.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 29 Aug 2015, 10:07 am

KNOB

8-)
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by deye243 » 30 Aug 2015, 3:09 am

if only you knew how much you owe NIOA if he hadn't posted that video of the shotty we would have had an election

and then all this s**t would have been brought in with out consultation and we would have been stuffed , what he did

was bring all this s**t out in the open , even big ears tony said he didn't want to bring this up until after the election .
deye243
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Aug 2015, 9:13 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:KNOB

8-)

CREEK :unknown:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Title_II » 30 Aug 2015, 9:34 am

Oh, I thought you meant Big Sandy. But, yeah, there are scores of really huge ones.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Aug 2015, 9:59 am

Title_II wrote:Oh, I thought you meant Big Sandy. But, yeah, there are scores of really huge ones.

I thought Knob Ck was the biggie, maybe its Sandy??
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 30 Aug 2015, 10:00 am

Heckler303 wrote:Who on earth needs a rapid fire high explosive deadly grenade launching device on military-style tripod? Lets put up a petition to ban it so nutters dont get a hold of it! :sarcasm:

The kid's on to something....

If law abiding citizens can not be trusted with a manually operated shotgun...firing a massive one ounce payload of lead with an effective range in the metres/ up to several dozen metres -

then how on earth could we reciprocate the trust in our government with rapid fire (Automatic) 40mm high explosive advanced freakin programmable! projectile :huh: with an effective range of over 1500m and a cyclic rate of 300rpm!!

I say its bad enough we 'allow' our government to administer the civilian population with Automatic firearms; should do the count of government owned (non-ADF) mp5, m4/ar15 class of weaponry.....and how many sniper rifles are possessed for use against civilians!! (Makes you think doesnt it) "Oh we need all that to fight crime right, just like restricting Adlers was to fight crime/terrorism (read legitimate licensed shooters more like it)

I say a petition, if we put in an effort on the scale of the gay love marriage movement, surely we could stop the import of this deadly killing machine before the schedule mid 16 on-shore arrival, wonder what the green tards will have to say about this new rapid fire killing machine??

If the Adler was a terrorist threat even though the import of any LICENSED civilian firearm is highly regulated 'from cradle to the grave' with every movement, transaction and storage location thoroughly documented and OVERSEEN....then what about these compact units, several hundred stored around the country, (no doubt more than e few will find their way straight to the sand pit) So secure that the ADF has an inventory of 'misplaced equipment'.....dont forget in the past even a number of ADF rocket launches have found their way into illegitimate hands...NOTHING is secure.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Humir » 01 Sep 2015, 9:50 am

Jesus... 47 million for 200 units.

So $235,000 each????!?
Humir
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 01 Sep 2015, 5:19 pm

Humir wrote:Jesus... 47 million for 200 units.

So $235,000 each????!?

yeah, but theyre game legal, all states, all species!! :D
Except duck, as theyre considered a punt gun.... apparently. :unknown: :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by pajamatime » 07 Sep 2015, 1:50 am

Heckler303 wrote:Who on earth needs a rapid fire high explosive deadly grenade launching device on military-style tripod? Lets put up a petition to ban it so nutters dont get a hold of it! :sarcasm:

Carefulllll....that Tri pod looks mighty dangerous. 8 rotations in 8 seconds!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Tonit » 09 Sep 2015, 10:59 am

pajamatime wrote:Carefulllll....that Tri pod looks mighty dangerous. 8 rotations in 8 seconds!

Doubles as a merry-go-round for the kids to keep them busy while dad is working on the launcher :D
.22-250 Howa Thumbhole Varminter + Weaver Classic 4-20x50
.308 Howa Hunter + Weaver Classic 2-10x50
Tonit
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Firearms related media and politics