Firearm Owners United?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Firearm Owners United?

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Sep 2016, 8:57 am

Gwion wrote:I think Genisis is a politician. Whenever someone posts something he knows he can't address without conceding his ground, he goes on a thinly veiled personal attack in an attempt to besmirch his "opposition" and completely ignores any valid points or questions.

You got me as besmirch......your new found wordsmithery is starting to impress me :P

Points for calling out the pollie... ;) but this opposition reference? a newbie who hasnt bothered to follow the Adler discussion going back months or yrs...you have no excuse, and ignoring your valid points? Let me be the judge of the validity or otherwise of your points, I promise... any valid or sufficiently intelligible points or questions or statements will potentially be responded to. :thumbsup: :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Sep 2016, 9:13 am

[[in its own post to keep it simple...]]

ADLER / Lever shotgun import ban expired after 12month..right? this expired quietly a month ago with little fanfare...before the parliament reconvened after the election a revised legislative instrument was prepared and signed off. L.I. are regulations not ordinarily requiring Parliament nor debate or consultation;

Customs (Prohibited Imports) Amendment (Sunsetting of Firearms and Firearm Magazines Provisions) Regulation 2015.

With the expiration of this temporary ban....

(you still with me?)

It was replaced with;

Customs (Prohibited Imports) Amendment (Shotguns and Shotgun Magazines) Regulation 2016

Which doesnt expire, doesnt 'sunset'...to then 'unban' 5+levers... the respective ministry and minister would have to specifically change the regs to specifically 'allow' 5+ levers to be imported.. (I even had a little chuckle typing that last bit :lol: )

So even if pig started flying and the states/some states specifically changed the categories to state lever actions of any capacity.... I couldnt see the Feds removing the ban for the states.

You want a link?
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gwion » 13 Sep 2016, 9:36 am

and.... my point proven again.

Oh... that's right, the only valid points or questions are the ones that align with your own thought processes.
For example:
Valid question to Gen93:: "Hey, Gen93, what do you think?"
Valid statement to Gen93:: "Oh my... Gen93, you are right... aGain! Oh, i wish everyone was as smart as you, Gen93!"

:lol: :roll: :drinks: :friends: :crazy:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 13 Sep 2016, 10:09 am

Gwion wrote: i wish everyone was as smart as you, Gen93!"

So do I Gwion...... so do I.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by WildHunter » 13 Sep 2016, 12:54 pm

I got a little lost in all that arguing. . .

So will One Shot or Firearm Owners United surpass the SSAA? And will either be an organisation similar to the NRA?
30 guns and still not enough.
WildHunter
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 13 Sep 2016, 1:35 pm

Wikdhunter not in our life time. FOU may have a chance some day..

OSA are just a regurgitator of information..

Shooters Union and the Victorian firearms council should unite and that would start to challenge the SSAA.. Then and only then will the SSAA stand up. When they start losing money.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by WildHunter » 13 Sep 2016, 5:23 pm

So One Shot are s**t?
WildHunter
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by sandgroperbill » 13 Sep 2016, 11:23 pm

At least one shot are trying to do something. I won't begrudge anyone that actually makes an effort
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Wylie27 » 14 Sep 2016, 9:30 am

Well OSA and FOU just tweeted that effectively that "satirical" video by those arseclowns was ok..

Well there you have it.. They think It's ok for LAFO's to shoot an effigy of an anti gun advocate....

We truly are divided and on our own...
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by doc » 15 Sep 2016, 5:33 pm

sandgroperbill wrote:At least one shot are trying to do something. I won't begrudge anyone that actually makes an effort

If it gives the opposition ammunition against LFO's I do.

What they've done actually helps GCA in their agenda.

Intentions alone doesn't justify actions or deem what someone has done as being helpful.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by WildHunter » 15 Sep 2016, 8:07 pm

Wylie27 wrote:Well OSA and FOU just tweeted that effectively that "satirical" video by those arseclowns was ok..

Well there you have it.. They think It's ok for LAFO's to shoot an effigy of an anti gun advocate....

We truly are divided and on our own...

Apparently most of Parliament thinks it's okay too https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeyonhjel ... =3&theater
WildHunter
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 15 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

Yeah I saw that.

We are doomed! I am going to enjoy shooting while I can..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Sydor » 16 Sep 2016, 7:44 am

WildHunter wrote:
Wylie27 wrote:Well OSA and FOU just tweeted that effectively that "satirical" video by those arseclowns was ok..

Apparently most of Parliament thinks it's okay too https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeyonhjel ... =3&theater

No. Apparently the most of the Parliament thinks that this idiocy is not enough to pass a legislation proposed by greens, X-team and two other freaks.
That stupid video enforces the idea that we ALL are bunch of dangerous redneck lunatics. :crazy:
Sydor
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 Sep 2016, 9:29 am

We need to get on social media and publicly condemn the actions of these idiot asap.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 16 Sep 2016, 9:54 am

That doesn't mean they think the video is ok; just that they don't support all aspects of the proposal/motion.

Still a good thing that so many do not agree with many of those clauses!!!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 16 Sep 2016, 10:34 am

No. What we need to do is reinforce the mantra of these same leftists progressive dills - dont judge the many by the actions of the few.

When theres a jihadist attack we're told over and over again - "that its not ALL of them"....

African gang attacks? the few, dont blame all of them :roll:

WHY does this not apply to shooters?? its different with guns is it???

Port Arthur, action of the one - the many copped it....

Only with guns

a few people will ALWAYS take actions that others oppose. Thats life. If these guys did wrong - let the proper authorities judge them..

The most telling part of this chapter, possibly single line in the ultimate history book of Australian gun control, is how closely intertwined Sam Lee's GCA is with the Greens, and how stupendously quickly THEY GOT A MOTION on the FLOOR OF FEDERAL PARLIAMENT!!!

Why? because they were threatened by a video on youtube that was satirical. Did they raise a motion concerning the almost 400 Australians that died on the same day? most from preventable diseases? or the 7 or 8 suicides that same day (on average)??

If I called up my local member, asked for a motion seeking action of heart disease, to try and save, what, 30,000, 40,000 Aussies a year - would it get up??

No. they wasted more of our parliamentary 'resources' on disingenuous nonsensical which hunting...

The GCA (& the real threat AMF) and the GREENS are BIGOTS by definition;

a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions

....nothing proves it more than their walk out stunt they pulled on Senator Hanson. Theyre supposedly the champions of free speech, until they disagree.... and walk out -fled to their safe space no doubt

The intolerance applies to EVERYTHING on their agenda, if you disagree with their position on climate change, immigration, refugees, drugs etc.... YOU are a bigot, inhuman, intolerant, etc.....
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Gamerancher » 16 Sep 2016, 10:58 am

We could only hope that the rest of those in "the house" grow a set and get up and walk out en-mass when the Greens have their turn.
But you are right Genesis, if we don't agree with the "Greens" we are the narrow minded ones. :allegedly:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Noisydad » 16 Sep 2016, 11:30 am

Gamerancher wrote:We could only hope that the rest of those in "the house" grow a set and get up and walk out en-mass when the Greens have their turn.
But you are right Genesis, if we don't agree with the "Greens" we are the narrow minded ones. :allegedly:

In other words - If you can say anything approved, dont say anything at all!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by doc » 16 Sep 2016, 12:01 pm

I can see a new entry in the oxford dictionary coming up:

"Green" (as in the phrase 'To be a g.')

1. To be a hypocrite
2. To expect different sets of biased rules to apply to you, but not others.
3. To expect emotion to rule above logic.

I might just have to start using this in every day talk and see if it catches on. ;)
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by WildHunter » 27 Sep 2016, 6:06 pm

Well I still think FOU are pretty good with everything they do, I don't see supporting SSA a bad thing, sure people shoot stupid things all the time, I used to shoot stuffed toys and chocolate rabbits on the range.
WildHunter
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 27 Sep 2016, 6:48 pm

doc wrote:I can see a new entry in the oxford dictionary coming up:

"Green" (as in the phrase 'To be a g.')

1. To be a hypocrite
2. To expect different sets of biased rules to apply to you, but not others.
3. To expect emotion to rule above logic.

I might just have to start using this in every day talk and see if it catches on. ;)

You forgot the one that best defines them;

BIGOT
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by trumpychris » 28 Sep 2016, 12:02 pm

Pro firearms lobbying is a lot more involved than just setting up a facebook page with a fancy logo and asking for donations and making sales of tshirts.

Perhaps you all should look at the groups that have actually been involved in consultative panels, senate inquiries and the like. The biggest fear for those of us that are actually having an impact and making positive change, is some idiot is undoing the years of hard work that have already been put in. I personally wouldn't want anyone that hasn't completed some form of media coaching speaking on my behalf.

I am still actively involved in Shooters Union and have been for 7 years. I was the VP for 5. I often see comments like "Shooters Union isn't in my state" etc. Why not get in touch with SUA and start it yourself? Its got me stuffed why people want to reinvent the wheel when there is already a well established pro-firearm lobbying brand out there that would love to get more states online under the constitution of SUA.

Questions that needs to be asked, are any of these facebook groups incorporated bodies with constitutions approved by their relevant state government? Do they have AGM's? Do they even have members and management committees? Do you get a say in how they operate? Is the management held accountable for their actions?

For years, many of us have been slogging our guts out working as volunteers for SU all whilst raising our young children and working full time jobs. We have sacrificed a lot for the cause. We don't do it because we are seeking glory, I can assure you there is none of that. We do it because it's the right thing to do.

Sitting behind a keyboard and demanding that everyone else do something when you are not prepared to get off your arse and do something yourself is really poor form. Pressing like on a facebook post amounts to nothing.
President - Law Abiding Firearm Owners Inc. - lafo.com.au

Guns = Way too many to list
Favourite Rifle = Parker Hale 1861 Enfield Musketoon .577
Favourite Handgun = Ruger SR1911 .45acp
trumpychris
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 28 Sep 2016, 2:07 pm

trumpychris wrote:Pro firearms lobbying is a lot more involved than just setting up a facebook page with a fancy logo and asking for donations and making sales of tshirts.

Perhaps you all should look at the groups that have actually been involved in consultative panels, senate inquiries and the like. The biggest fear for those of us that are actually having an impact and making positive change, is some idiot is undoing the years of hard work that have already been put in. I personally wouldn't want anyone that hasn't completed some form of media coaching speaking on my behalf.

I am still actively involved in Shooters Union and have been for 7 years. I was the VP for 5. I often see comments like "Shooters Union isn't in my state" etc. Why not get in touch with SUA and start it yourself? Its got me stuffed why people want to reinvent the wheel when there is already a well established pro-firearm lobbying brand out there that would love to get more states online under the constitution of SUA.

Questions that needs to be asked, are any of these facebook groups incorporated bodies with constitutions approved by their relevant state government? Do they have AGM's? Do they even have members and management committees? Do you get a say in how they operate? Is the management held accountable for their actions?

For years, many of us have been slogging our guts out working as volunteers for SU all whilst raising our young children and working full time jobs. We have sacrificed a lot for the cause. We don't do it because we are seeking glory, I can assure you there is none of that. We do it because it's the right thing to do.

Sitting behind a keyboard and demanding that everyone else do something when you are not prepared to get off your arse and do something yourself is really poor form. Pressing like on a facebook post amounts to nothing.

I would like to start a Victorian branch but I have no idea where to start or even what I would have to do, I think a lot of people are in the same situation.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by trumpychris » 28 Sep 2016, 4:39 pm

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:
I would like to start a Victorian branch but I have no idea where to start or even what I would have to do, I think a lot of people are in the same situation.

Send an email to secretary@shootersunion.com.au and let them know that you would like to set up a branch in Victoria. This is a huge commitment and takes a special type of person to see it through.

There may even be others in Victoria that are as passionate as yourself, and if there is a coming together of like minded people, great things can be achieved.

trumpychris
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Mr.Seacucumber » 28 Sep 2016, 9:22 pm

trumpychris wrote:
Mr.Seacucumber wrote:

Send an email to secretary@shootersunion.com.au and let them know that you would like to set up a branch in Victoria. This is a huge commitment and takes a special type of person to see it through.

There may even be others in Victoria that are as passionate as yourself, and if there is a coming together of like minded people, great things can be achieved.

What would I have to do to see it through though? I don't have any special skills that might help me and I'm only one guy, not being negative or anything but I would,like to know what I was getting into.
Mr.Seacucumber
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Shillard » 28 Sep 2016, 9:58 pm

trumpychris wrote:

Corporations are regulated by the Commonwealth, not the States.
Shillard
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 29 Sep 2016, 8:02 am

Shillard wrote:
trumpychris wrote:

Corporations are regulated by the Commonwealth, not the States.

No.
Vast majority are incorporated under state law.
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by trumpychris » 29 Sep 2016, 10:11 am

Mr.Seacucumber wrote:
trumpychris wrote:
Mr.Seacucumber wrote:

What would I have to do to see it through though? I don't have any special skills that might help me and I'm only one guy, not being negative or anything but I would,like to know what I was getting into.

Have a chat with our secretary. Scott is a great guy and he will be able to give you an idea of what you need to be able to do to do the job properly. It means giving up a lot of weekends, having meetings during the day at Parliament House etc. It is best suited to someone that has a flexible work environment.

I am unable to take the time off work like I used to be so that's why I resigned from being the VP. Our current VP is doing an excellent job, as are the rest of the committee.

trumpychris
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by WildHunter » 15 Jan 2017, 10:38 am

Well they gave away an Adler.

And now $300 worth of gear
https://www.facebook.com/Firearmownersu ... %22O%22%7D

Can't be that bad can they?
Just wish I'd win for once :(
WildHunter
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by WildHunter » 21 May 2017, 6:52 pm

LOL so the SSAA booted them out of the SHOT show this weekend. Someone is threatened by them.
I signed up as a member with FOU this year.
WildHunter
Private
Private

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Firearms related media and politics