Oregon Campus shooting

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Oregon Campus shooting

Post by Gwion » 04 Oct 2015, 5:35 pm

wrenchman wrote:we dont have a gun problim here we have a mental health problim o yea and leaders that cant lead

So, i take it you have no gun problem....

Sorry, couldn't help myself... thought the record was scratching a bit. :thumbsup: :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by pajamatime » 04 Oct 2015, 7:39 pm

wrenchman wrote:we dont have a gun problim here we have a mental health problim o yea and leaders that cant lead

oops you said that a fair few to many times lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Usurper » 05 Oct 2015, 2:22 pm

<<Genesis93>> wrote:I point the finger directly at Hollywood and the entertainment industry generally for glorifying violence

100% agree about glorifying being a big issue.
.308 CZ 550 American
.222 Tikka Varmint
.357 Mag Marlin 1894
Usurper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by winchestersx » 05 Oct 2015, 4:45 pm

Point the finger at the people doing the massacres. Plenty of folk enjoy a bit of action on the big screen without turning crazy and don't see how movies or video games have anything to do with the actions of the mentally ill. Blaming Holly wood is as stupid as blaming guns.
Fight for Freedom!
winchestersx
Recruit
Recruit

United States of America

Post by Heckler303 » 05 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm

I' with winchestersx. So I play GTA:SA, does that make me want to become a member of a gang and start shooting out with other homies? No it doesn't
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by coloradoboy » 05 Oct 2015, 11:59 pm

let me guess it happened on a gun-free collegiate campus ?

there is always going to be mad people / bad guys everywhere and at any time with the intention of doing bad, if one sits idly by with this knowledge without being prepared to prevent that, then an open invitation has been issued. governments and stupid people always think like this and that people aren't supposed to defend themselves. governments are always blaming bad people for committing crime when they should blame themselves for knowing bad people exist and not doing anything preventative about it to prevent innocents from being harmed.

god never said you can't kill in self defense - just don't murder them. god is smart, governments aren't.
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed"
coloradoboy
Private
Private

United States of America

Post by wrenchman » 06 Oct 2015, 7:04 am

i am sorry i dont no how i posted like that i have done it before.
right now the only way we deal with the sick is send them home and familys dont no what to do right now if you were to say i wanted to do some thing like this nothing would happen they wouldnt even check you out in most cases.
any threat should be acted on dont wait for it to happen.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 06 Oct 2015, 9:21 pm

The truth is the problem and the solution to this are the same - there is no problem. Now, no politician will ever say that because it would be political suicide. So we live in a media echo chamber where opposing sides give opposing opinions of the causes and the solutions to the "problem."

Truth is, about 50 people die per year in the US due to mass murders. It is pretty much the least likely way to die that exists. We have 330,000,000 people and about 14,000 murders per year, just over half of them with guns. If a disease kills 50 people per year in the US most doctors haven't even heard of it. It's like if somebody got hit by a meteor tomorrow and we started panicking about getting steel plates on roofs of our buildings and cars.

It's simply political grandstanding.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by David Brown » 06 Oct 2015, 10:32 pm

and divide those stats by 15 to compare to anything in Oz.

We had a mass murder last year in Qld, 8 kids of varying ages. Multiply that by 15 and you get 120.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Eduardo » 07 Oct 2015, 6:36 am

And now they want Australia to boycott the US until we change our laws.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2015/1 ... -gun-laws/
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by Title_II » 07 Oct 2015, 7:38 am

I'll still buy ADI ammo for $5 a box :)
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by veep » 12 Oct 2015, 9:06 am

winchestersx wrote:Blaming Holly wood is as stupid as blaming guns.

It's the "angry music" fault isn't it :sarcasm:
veep
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 12 Oct 2015, 2:17 pm

Title_II wrote:I'll still buy ADI ammo for $5 a box :)

Nobody likes a smarty-pants! :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 12 Oct 2015, 2:39 pm

Eduardo wrote:And now they want Australia to boycott the US until we change our laws.

How embarrassing... I'm thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed to think that it has been reported in the USA that 'we' are at all concerned with the gun law situation over there...... most slightly intelligent people are able to see through the mist of bulls**t, and see the common thread in all these shootings;

MENTAL ILLNESS, usually involving a medicated / highly medicated individual who seeks to go down in flames....taking as many others with him, usually a him... but thats overlooked, its always the 'gun'.

opinions of the media, are usually aligned with the 'grabbers, as they are effectively one and the same... eg Murdoch, he controls Aussie media, and he is anti-gun, hence his paper and media parrot that line, as far as the group calling for the boycott, Gun Control Australia, GCA is a 'club' that produces antigun propaganda and thats all, it has maybe 3 members, honestly, 3. There is no proof that it has more than that, no-one can join :unknown: .... yet they appear in the media at each and every opportunity spouting their bigoted anti-gun hate SIMPLY because thats what those who control the media want those words heard...

they DO NOT speak for the majority, but a small - small - small demented desperate impaired minority..

Seriously, if you want to witness the true level of support of these mofo who are trying to steal ALL our guns, check out the support of their petition for tougher gun laws;

http://www.guncontrolaustralia.org/restore_gun_laws

79 signatories, and how many are pisstakes?? :lol: :lol:
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by David Brown » 13 Oct 2015, 11:07 am

79….that is funny, after all this time.

We would get 79 in that many minutes, or more!

The mental illness problem is best defined by the GCA themselves. They have a totally irrational behaviour and no logical thought process. I am surprised they could pass a driving test.
David Brown
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by sarki » 14 Oct 2015, 12:49 pm

David Brown wrote:The mental illness problem is best defined by the GCA themselves.

Bingo.
Dear Santa,
Please bring me a Desert Tactical Arms SRS-A1 Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum.
I'll be good with it, I promise!
sarki
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Eduardo » 16 Oct 2015, 10:56 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:
Eduardo wrote:And now they want Australia to boycott the US until we change our laws.

How embarrassing... I'm thoroughly embarrassed and ashamed to think that it has been reported in the USA that 'we' are at all concerned with the gun law situation over there...... most slightly intelligent people are able to see through the mist of bulls**t, and see the common thread in all these shootings;

MENTAL ILLNESS, usually involving a medicated / highly medicated individual who seeks to go down in flames....taking as many others with him, usually a him... but thats overlooked, its always the 'gun'.

opinions of the media, are usually aligned with the 'grabbers, as they are effectively one and the same... eg Murdoch, he controls Aussie media, and he is anti-gun, hence his paper and media parrot that line, as far as the group calling for the boycott, Gun Control Australia, GCA is a 'club' that produces antigun propaganda and thats all, it has maybe 3 members, honestly, 3. There is no proof that it has more than that, no-one can join :unknown: .... yet they appear in the media at each and every opportunity spouting their bigoted anti-gun hate SIMPLY because thats what those who control the media want those words heard...

they DO NOT speak for the majority, but a small - small - small demented desperate impaired minority..

Seriously, if you want to witness the true level of support of these mofo who are trying to steal ALL our guns, check out the support of their petition for tougher gun laws;

http://www.guncontrolaustralia.org/restore_gun_laws

79 signatories, and how many are pisstakes?? :lol: :lol:

Not to worry, I sniffed it for the gun grabby nonsense it was. Mostly because of my interactions with you normal Aussies.
A volatile mixture of implacable OCD and vexatiuous ADD.
Eduardo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by Bark » 20 Oct 2015, 8:20 am

Or what passes for normal around here anyway :lol:
Bark
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Next