SSAA Vs Samantha Lee

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

SSAA Vs Samantha Lee

Post by pajamatime » 03 Oct 2015, 4:01 pm

SSAA National has written to the media to set the record straight, following the recent spruiking of half-truths and bare faced lies from Gun Control Australia’s Samantha Lee about the state of Australian firearm laws.

http://ssaa.org.au/media/press-releases/dont-base-firearm-laws-on-half-truths-and-bare-faced-lies
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Re: SSAA Vs Samantha Lee

Post by Heckler303 » 03 Oct 2015, 4:42 pm

Someone needs to confront her face to face alongside putting these articles out there for all to see, not just left on SSAA's site where she doesn't have the ovaries to even try looking them up nor presenting the real truth.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 03 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm

So was this printed in any mainstream newspapers or just another post on their website telling us the same ol same ol? I would be great if it made it into the mainstream media for a change as we already know what mistruths she tells the public, its about time the public were set straight on that fact, lets hope it makes the mainstream media for a change or maybe if it doesn't get printed in the news maybe they could use some of that huge pot of $$ they are sitting on to actually do some advertising and explain exactly what are the facts so people have the correct info.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by pajamatime » 03 Oct 2015, 10:44 pm

bigfellascott wrote:So was this printed in any mainstream newspapers or just another post on their website telling us the same ol same ol? I would be great if it made it into the mainstream media for a change as we already know what mistruths she tells the public, its about time the public were set straight on that fact, lets hope it makes the mainstream media for a change or maybe if it doesn't get printed in the news maybe they could use some of that huge pot of $$ they are sitting on to actually do some advertising and explain exactly what are the facts so people have the correct info.

I was under the impression that this was the letter they sent to the media and that they also put it up on their web site for the public to have a look see.
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 04 Oct 2015, 5:45 am

pajamatime wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:So was this printed in any mainstream newspapers or just another post on their website telling us the same ol same ol? I would be great if it made it into the mainstream media for a change as we already know what mistruths she tells the public, its about time the public were set straight on that fact, lets hope it makes the mainstream media for a change or maybe if it doesn't get printed in the news maybe they could use some of that huge pot of $$ they are sitting on to actually do some advertising and explain exactly what are the facts so people have the correct info.

I was under the impression that this was the letter they sent to the media and that they also put it up on their web site for the public to have a look see.

Yes I'm sure they sent it to the media, but did/will the media publish it is the important question and if the answer is now will the SSAA run a Media Advertising campaign to get the correct information out there?

That is the important part after all - letting the truth be heard instead of the media and anti firearms BS which is constantly being reinforced because we can't get a fair hearing so lets make them listen via a good solid media advertising blitz.

Every time they bulls**t lets counter it with a media campaign whether it be print media or TV/Radio :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by trekin » 04 Oct 2015, 9:19 am

bigfellascott wrote:
pajamatime wrote:

Yes I'm sure they sent it to the media, but did/will the media publish it is the important question and if the answer is now will the SSAA run a Media Advertising campaign to get the correct information out there?

That is the important part after all - letting the truth be heard instead of the media and anti firearms BS which is constantly being reinforced because we can't get a fair hearing so lets make them listen via a good solid media advertising blitz.

Every time they bulls**t lets counter it with a media campaign whether it be print media or TV/Radio :thumbsup:

Would be the logical thing to do in the first place, however to do so would mean that they wouldn't be able to say "We tried to represent our members, but the anti media wouldn't print it, so you had better go back to writing writing letters and submissions". The truth is, the media more than likely won't print it, but they will certainly prostitute themselves when advertising money is up for grabs.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 04 Oct 2015, 10:47 am

trekin wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
pajamatime wrote:

Would be the logical thing to do in the first place, however to do so would mean that they wouldn't be able to say "We tried to represent our members, but the anti media wouldn't print it, so you had better go back to writing writing letters and submissions". The truth is, the media more than likely won't print it, but they will certainly prostitute themselves when advertising money is up for grabs.
yeah I agree they are definitely highest bidder Prostitution media or they prioritize their owners wishes and beliefs which may be UN related.
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 04 Oct 2015, 11:16 am

OT: There is a reason Samantha Lee spews out nonsense. She does it because she's for dissarmament, not for safety. The entire cause of GCA was never for safety, or being pride of the world, she's merely a puppet for the UN.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by pajamatime » 04 Oct 2015, 8:04 pm

Heckler303 wrote:OT: There is a reason Samantha Lee spews out nonsense. She does it because she's for dissarmament, not for safety. The entire cause of GCA was never for safety, or being pride of the world, she's merely a puppet for the UN.

absolutely spot on. the orders come from the top and the Top is the United Nations...and the top want absolute power and control over everyone
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 04 Oct 2015, 8:08 pm

That's why we oppose them, not on the standard to protect our shooting sports and hunting, but to remain a free nation and own firearms, bows, knives and other equipment as we see fit.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Usurper » 05 Oct 2015, 2:14 pm

Seems to me this would be grounds for a body like the SSAA or SFP to take some legal action against Gun Control Australia and/or Samantha Lee for this.

No two ways or any interpretation about it, half of things said are utter lies. Provable beyond dispute.

We have defamation and libel laws. If someone writes/says false things to the detriment of a business or individual they can take action.

I think they could argue this is detrimental to the industry and all individuals within it. The given body could go in representation of firearms dealers nationally.
.308 CZ 550 American
.222 Tikka Varmint
.357 Mag Marlin 1894
Usurper
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sam45 » 05 Oct 2015, 5:49 pm

Usurper wrote:Seems to me this would be grounds for a body like the SSAA or SFP to take some legal action against Gun Control Australia and/or Samantha Lee for this.

No two ways or any interpretation about it, half of things said are utter lies. Provable beyond dispute.

We have defamation and libel laws. If someone writes/says false things to the detriment of a business or individual they can take action.

I think they could argue this is detrimental to the industry and all individuals within it. The given body could go in representation of firearms dealers nationally.

Considering it is a 2 billion a year + industry, you would think more like minded people like us including business owners would be jumping up and down. This woman is just outright lying. On national TV and as what ever the hell she thinks she is. Speaks and looks incredibly uneducated and is only doing the spin some muppet has given her. I'm not the sharpest tool on the rack, but my goodness...... What a joke.

End Rant :thumbsup:
Sam45
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Newdave » 05 Oct 2015, 9:05 pm

Every person on this forum should go to the FreeTV website . Make a official complaint through there online system . Under the code they have to respond within 30 days . I will be doing so in the morning .

This is a clear breach of the FreeTV code of practice . If they receive a few hundred or even better a few thousand complaints they may think twice next time . Every time lies like this are spread through the media we need to shut it down . We need to be organised relentless and polite .
Newdave
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Heckler303 » 05 Oct 2015, 9:08 pm

I'll check it out tomorrow dave, but being polite is definitely a very good point.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by monbeg » 05 Oct 2015, 9:19 pm

monbeg
Recruit
Recruit

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 05 Oct 2015, 9:27 pm

Yes, our Ms Samantha Lee was being interviewed on TV Sunday night re the shooting outside the Parramatta Police Headquarters and replied to a question words to the effect that We have not established yet where the gun has come from... WHAT, WE, Who is this "WE"?
Since when did Ms Lee get inside information on Police Investigations? Where do the Media find these people?
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Fujix » 07 Oct 2015, 9:50 am

I'll take that to mean "I have no information and don't know what I'm talking about" :lol:
Barrett M82 .50 calibre... Ok, not really :(
Fujix
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Firearms related media and politics