PM " our gun laws work " ?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

PM " our gun laws work " ?

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Oct 2015, 7:09 am

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezvi ... 7555755600

There is so many things wrong about that speach.

This bloke is a total idiot, at least we know where he stands on firearms laws.

Then he goes on to contradict himself about freedom of speech.

It's almost hard to beleve this article, did he realy say that rubbish.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: PM " our gun laws work " ?

Post by Heckler303 » 05 Oct 2015, 7:36 am

This article has so many contradictions in it its got more holes than the targets at my range. :wtf:

As soon as you see 'rapid fire military weapon' and 'assault weapon' the BS meter went off the scale.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 05 Oct 2015, 9:55 am

That's right . I've just got to read it again to see what bits he said and what bits have been added by the author as his or her interpretation.
It's almost beyond belief.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by pajamatime » 05 Oct 2015, 10:39 am

on_one_wheel wrote:http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/death-toll-would-be-much-higher-without-australias-gun-laws/story-fnpug1jf-1227555755600

no I don't think turnbull said this they just had a picture of him giving a supposed speech.
everything in this article was said by the author only I think. But yeah I was going to post this but rather then fight with vigor and prowess people get all pessimistic and lay down to die all defeated and sad.

we should all write letters of complaint as this is a outright defamation piece and someone or something should be held accountable in my personal opinion. they need to retract it and apologize.

I'm going to post links as I get them so people can coordinate their efforts more efficiently...even if they get one up on us this is a time for unity and we should never succumb to defeat. Chin up.

Also if people could please get this type of information onto other forums that would be great and I and the shooting community would greatly appreciate it

- http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/forest-cameras-catch-illegal-hunters-but-nsw-police-no-help-say-bush-couple-20151002-gk0ahb.html
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 05 Oct 2015, 11:12 am

pajamatime wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/death-toll-would-be-much-higher-without-australias-gun-laws/story-fnpug1jf-1227555755600

no I don't think turnbull said this they just had a picture of him giving a supposed speech.
everything in this article was said by the author only I think. But yeah I was going to post this but rather then fight with vigor and prowess people get all pessimistic and lay down to die all defeated and sad.

we should all write letters of complaint as this is a outright defamation piece and someone or something should be held accountable in my personal opinion. they need to retract it and apologize.

Agree with you on how the article is written, and sly and underhanded way in which the author pieced it together, however, I do take umbrage with your generalization that those of us who no longer believe that the writing of letters and submission is an effective tool, and advocate more pro-active means of stopping the radicalisation of the general public against the rights and freedoms of LAFO's as turncoats/defeatists.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 05 Oct 2015, 11:20 am

trekin wrote:
pajamatime wrote:

Agree with you on how the article is written, and sly and underhanded way in which the author pieced it together, however, I do take umbrage with your generalization that those of us who no longer believe that the writing of letters and submission is an effective tool, and advocate more pro-active means of stopping the radicalisation of the general public against the rights and freedoms of LAFO's.

what do you propose we do? ( my positive welcoming voice)

Edit: If I recall correctly writing letters to the media has resulted in retractions and apologies in the past.

just posting this for other people Daily Telegraph Code of conduct - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/help/code-of-conduct
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by trekin » 05 Oct 2015, 11:40 am

pajamatime wrote:
trekin wrote:
pajamatime wrote:

Agree with you on how the article is written, and sly and underhanded way in which the author pieced it together, however, I do take umbrage with your generalization that those of us who no longer believe that the writing of letters and submission is an effective tool, and advocate more pro-active means of stopping the radicalisation of the general public against the rights and freedoms of LAFO's.

just posting this for other people Daily Telegraph Code of conduct - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/help/code-of-conduct

I have already stated some of what I do in the viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5033 thread, which funnily enough, after four pages of negative comments on my first post stating my belief in no longer writing letters and submissions, only one one person appears to have bothered to read about how I go about the fight.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 05 Oct 2015, 12:16 pm

trekin wrote:
pajamatime wrote:
trekin wrote:
pajamatime wrote:

I have already stated some of what I do in the viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5033 thread, which funnily enough, after four pages of negative comments on my first post stating my belief in no longer writing letters and submissions, only one one person appears to have bothered to read about how I go about the fight.

ok well it appears you have your opinion and I personally think you have a great point. The organizations we support should support us back with results. But we have more then one prong on the pitch fork so to speak. first prong - "organizations" second prong - "Grass roots movement" third prong - the "communication and combined energy and efforts of the two". the 3 prongs could be refined somewhat but generally thats how we should be set up. yes we pay money...but think of it as a attack! the organizations represent us up the middle and we flow out the sides and put pressure in from both sides. I hope its not to hard to envision. The pincer type front and sides.
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by RDobber » 05 Oct 2015, 1:38 pm

I'm amazed he didn't squeeze the catch phrase "high powered" in there a couple of times.
300 Win Mag Fanboy

Tikka, Tikka, Tikka, BOOM!
RDobber
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Post by sandgroperbill » 06 Oct 2015, 1:30 am

I sent this feedback, though, given this article was even published, makes me doubt it will be given any attention:

To whom it may concern,

I wish to complain about a disgusting article (which cannot, in any true sense of the word, be described as journalism), written by Claire Harvey available at http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezvi ... 7555755600

This article was clearly the author trying to impose her own ideology on your readers, without any balance, neutrality, fairness or any form of understanding on her part.

Quoting definites and facts with nothing to back them up but her own shortsighted opinion is nothing but extremely poor and lazy sensationalism. I would question whether she did any form of research or made any attempt to gather any facts or perform any research.

This is easily identified by trying to bundle firearms laws, religion, abortion and freedom of speech into a two minute article, which, no doubt, took less effort from her than it has taken for me to write this feedback.

Worse than this, is she presumes to speak for God, and that she knows (of course she does, she seems to hold her opinions in such high regard) what God would think, accept and want. High praise for herself indeed.

Most disappointing is the fact that this piece of ideology was approved by your editorial staff for publishing. Do standards no longer apply to press and media? Seriously? None?

Perhaps your staff and writers (again, I will not describe the author as a journalist, as that would be degrading to a trained profession) should be trained in standards, neutrality and research.

I seriously hope, yet doubt, that my feedback will be given any thought, at least more than the aforementioned article.
sandgroperbill
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Western Australia

Post by Heckler303 » 06 Oct 2015, 7:09 am

^ Well said sandgroper. Great work.

Remember people, never trust a favourites box after they've been slam into by a 4x4
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Mattj82 » 06 Oct 2015, 10:24 am

Seems that Ms. Harvey is all for freedom of speech, as long as those speaking share her world view.

Some information from the Australian Press Council about making complaints. http://www.presscouncil.org.au/making-a-complaint/

Matt
Mattj82
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 06 Oct 2015, 11:17 am

pajamatime wrote:

I'm going to post links as I get them so people can coordinate their efforts more efficiently...even if they get one up on us this is a time for unity and we should never succumb to defeat. Chin up.

Also if people could please get this type of information onto other forums that would be great and I and the shooting community would greatly appreciate it

- http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/forest-cameras-catch-illegal-hunters-but-nsw-police-no-help-say-bush-couple-20151002-gk0ahb.html

The author had me fooled for long enough to post it thinking it was said by the PM.

I thought it was too contradictory to have been said by our PM.

Typically one eyed, agenda pushing, trash talking media junk.
I'm not for freedom of speach when it's one persons personal views put forward as news with no reference to actual facts in a attempt to sway people's opinions on a topic that the author is passionate about.
Pure propaganda.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 06 Oct 2015, 3:50 pm

It was a terribly written article. Vague allusion to the PM making as peach after a shooting followed by unthought out cliches. Perhaps Malcolm Turnbull would like to know what words and ideologies this writer are spruiking in his name.

Does anyone have a link to the actual speech? I would be interested to know what was actually said.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by inventurkey » 09 Oct 2015, 9:06 am

sandgroperbill wrote:I sent this feedback

:clap: :friends:
Savage Axis Stainless in .308
Tikka Lite .22-250 Rem
inventurkey
Lance Corporal