Will you vote for Ricky Muir?

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Will you vote for Ricky Muir?

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Nov 2015, 7:41 pm

See Ricky Muir in Kitchen Cabinet on ABC iview for a frank interview. Just a normal bloke. I think we need fewer Professional Polititions and more normal people in parliment. After all shouldnt parliment be a reflection of our society?

http://iview.abc.net.au
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: Will you vote for Ricky Muir?

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 11 Nov 2015, 8:17 pm

What ever is wrong with politicians??

Oh, thats right I forgot what I did today;

Took up an invite to a book launch by a certain ex-premier today.... J.Brumby.....the book was launched by a certain J.Gillard and attended by all and sundry support crew including Thwaites, Hulls, Bracks, Barry Jone and various others,I'm Sure Brumby promised them free drinks afterwards.... :drinks:

Listened to the verbage of Brumby and Gillard.....

Oh yea, now I remember whats wrong with politicians :evil:

The scourge of this nation is the professional politician..... we indeed need more Ricky Muirs,those whose opinion and vote is not tainted by party policy, lobby group influence, and post-political ambition.

Go Ricky...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by KWhorenet » 11 Nov 2015, 9:40 pm

Did get to speak with Ricky Muir and Jeff Bourman recently.

Definitely has peoples freedom to enjoy the outdoors at heart. He is taking up the fight that's erupting over firearm laws, the Adler fiasco and lies being spouted by anti freedom terrorists such as GCA and the Greens!

He sees the need to quell the push to reclass lever shotties, as does Bourman of course, as we all know, an anti win on that will open the flood gates on anti lever rifles, pump rifles and fcukknows what else they'd get traction on.

Agreed, we need more normal people in the Senate who's collective votes have some weight. Not self felating egocentric career public serv-ants.
KWhorenet
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by BBJ » 12 Nov 2015, 10:34 am

bentaz wrote:Ricky has been a big supporter of sensible talk around firearms, he's got my vote.

:thumbsup:
Weatherby Vanguard .223 Remington
Tikka T3 Varmint Stainless .243 Winchester
R.I.P. M1 Garand .30-06 Springfield

Leupold VX-R 4-12x40
BBJ
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by Baronvonrort » 13 Nov 2015, 9:15 am

BBJ wrote:
bentaz wrote:Ricky has been a big supporter of sensible talk around firearms, he's got my vote.

Senator Muir ordered one of those near semi auto lever action shotgun called the Adler.
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by chacka » 13 Nov 2015, 9:37 am

<<Genesis93>> wrote:What ever is wrong with politicians??

We're going to need a whole new forum if we're going to cover that...
More Than Just The Gun
chacka
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by anthillinside » 15 Nov 2015, 12:08 am

Unfortunatley I remember his first few months in office, I'm not a fan.
But luckily he's not in my electorate, I've got a more out spoken member to vote for
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 15 Nov 2015, 7:50 am

Last edited by happyhunter on 15 Feb 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Nov 2015, 8:05 am

anthillinside wrote:Unfortunatley I remember his first few months in office, I'm not a fan.
But luckily he's not in my electorate, I've got a more out spoken member to vote for

You mean his stuttered discombobulated talkings?? I'd probably do the same if i was suddenly in front of a national audience....

If only one thing convinces me he is different... a lot more so and honest than the others....its his claim for expenses last year . ... if i recall it was a couple hundred dollars (I'll have to check) WHILE the others claimed generally the 100s of thousand up to over 1million!!

AT this stage we can say he's definitely not one of the trough feeders
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Nov 2015, 10:19 am

I guess my point of this discussion is if you watch the clip you notice how down to earth and "normal" he is.
Sure his initial start was rocky and he was media shy but put in his situation who wouldn't be. After all he doesn't have the support that the elected members of the big 3 parties have. And he has to learn on the trot.

Now with all of his human faults and I guess lack of perceived professionalism I think he lives a far more "normal" life than the average professional politician and would therefore relate better to the average Joe Blow in the street. He has been unemployed, average education, obviously not high income, lives in a humble abode, a family man who likes to go fishing, camping, 4WDing etc. Most professional politicians do a law degree at uni, join and work for a party by the time they are in the mid or late 20's, and have very little life experience in the REAL world.

Therefore the question we need to ask is "Would he (or people like him) better represent you or us if he was elected to your electorate?"

And if the answer is YES. I believe we should vote for more independents rather than parties. Even if they do not appear to be professional. Why, because they will better understand the average citizens situation and needs. Not the needs of a very few.

The members of Parliament should reflect society.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Nov 2015, 11:03 am

Oldbloke wrote:See Ricky Muir in Kitchen Cabinet on ABC iview for a frank interview. Just a normal bloke. I think we need fewer Professional Polititions and more normal people in parliment. After all shouldnt parliment be a reflection of our society?

http://iview.abc.net.au

Yep , bring on the normal people.

Most of us are sick to death of these elitist type, lying, two faced, adgend pushing offshore banking, tax avoiding, union slush fund robbing, snouts in the trough type politicians.

I've been watching Ricky and I'm impressed.
He was given a hard time by the media at the start but he survived that. He is becoming a polished , well spoken individual that shares our real world views.
Another politician that has impressed me is Nick Xenophon, an independent that puts his own money where his mouth is and fights for what is right. I am yet to see where he stands with firearms.

We need more of these types but unfortunately parliment mostly attracts power trippers.

Ricky is pro firearms, we should encourage this mentally in parliment by supporting him.
Last edited by on_one_wheel on 15 Nov 2015, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Nov 2015, 11:18 am

bentaz wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
One othet politician that has impressed me has been Nic Xenophon, a independent that puts his own money where his mouth is and fights for what is right. I am yet to see where he stands with firearms.

Nothing on his website.
I've just sent him this, so hopefully we'll soon know.

G'day Nick
I would like to know your stance on law abiding firearms ownership and in particular what your thoughts are on the Adler shotgun / lever action firearms?
Thanks for your time and keep up the good work?
Cheers
Ben Brooks

:drinks:

Well done bentaz .... gee I hope he stands with us , he's such a good bloke. Fingers crossed :drinks:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Nov 2015, 11:39 am

Yep, Nick Xenophon, is another good example of what we need. Even Bob Katter (the mad hatter LOL) would get my vote over one of the big 3 these days. And from Tasmania Brian Harradine, Andrew Wilkie, even Jacqui Lambie.

One thing they have in common is a more normal back ground and they speak their mind, NOT someone else view point.

They are all :welcome: in my one sided electorate.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by anthillinside » 16 Nov 2015, 2:15 am

Seeing the reasonng above I guess I would vote for him.
Better to vote for a real person than someone who is just a pawn of a party.
Shows how quick to condem politicians I (we) am.
There's always room for at least one more gun in my safe.
There's always room for one more safe in my house.
anthillinside
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 16 Nov 2015, 6:39 am

What we need are representativtes who disagree and vote against the main 3 parties. They are leading us down a dark path...
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by Norton » 18 Nov 2015, 9:36 am

anthillinside wrote:Shows how quick to condem politicians I (we) am.

They've given us ample reason to.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Mar 2016, 7:52 pm

Scenes in parliament today only suport my view that thd 3 main parties are simply ONLY interested in their own selfish interests and NOT that of the nation. They are now trying to remove all independents from the system there by removing opportunity for rational debate and differing opinions.
If the libs and greens (now in bed together) were as good as they say they are they would get the vote on the independents in the senate. Turnbul simply wants a dictatorship.

The nation needs diversity in the parliment, it should be representitve of society NOT idiological narrow minded selfish , pias tax dodging millionaires.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 15 Mar 2016, 8:13 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Scenes in parliament today only suport my view that thd 3 main parties are simply ONLY interested in their own selfish interests and NOT that of the nation. They are now trying to remove all independents from the system there by removing opportunity for rational debate and differing opinions.
If the libs and greens (now in bed together) were as good as they say they are they would get the vote on the independents in the senate. Turnbul simply wants a dictatorship.

The nation needs diversity in the parliment, it should be representitve of society NOT idiological narrow minded selfish , pias tax dodging millionaires.

Its not real flash, and Nick X is supporting it, unfortunately that great bloke has lost my vote ... it's a shame realy, he was so level headed.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by happyhunter » 15 Mar 2016, 8:16 pm

The senate reform deal between the Liberals and the greens is going to give the greens the balance of power. That will hurt the outdoor recreation sports and activities.

But, the Greens are currently where the Democrats used to be so the Greens doing a major deal like this with the Liberals might result in their eventual demise similar to the fate of the Democrats after their leader did the GST deal with the Howard Govt., which cost the Dems their voter base. Interesting times ahead.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by <<Genesis93>> » 15 Mar 2016, 9:22 pm

What occurred today just highlights the absolute hypocrisy of these mongrels... the libs wanted the ABCC(we do need it) yet shut it down today...... the greentard have been whining on about gay love marriage for ever . .... but today joined to shut down debate... no we'll cover that later they say for an hour. Why? Because they wanted to most selfishly join with the lubs to change the voting system....

Far out. Why do we accept this? Where are the pitchforks and gallows????
<<Genesis93>>
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

-

Post by BBJ » 16 Mar 2016, 10:27 am

happyhunter wrote:Tthe Greens doing a major deal like this with the Liberals might result in their eventual demise similar to the fate of the Democrats

We can only hope.

Leupold VX-R 4-12x40
BBJ
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Mar 2016, 7:49 pm

Lol, bring back the guillotine. Perhaps we need a revolution. The 3 party system is simply s**t. None have done anything for me, Im voting for independents from now on.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by happyhunter » 17 Mar 2016, 8:57 pm

BBJ wrote:
happyhunter wrote:Tthe Greens doing a major deal like this with the Liberals might result in their eventual demise similar to the fate of the Democrats

We can only hope.

Some of their voter base is writing letters to newspapers saying the greens have sold out and they won't be supporting them next election so there may really be some hope.
happyhunter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Other

Post by Lyam » 18 Mar 2016, 2:34 pm

They've been going down slowly for a while. I'm sure we all hope it continues.
Ruger 77/22 + Bushnell Banner 3.5-10x36
Tikka T3 Forest 270 Win + Swarovski Z3 3-10x42
Lyam
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Read_the_consti » 22 Mar 2016, 2:06 pm

Not a chance. I share many similar views to Ricky Muir, but he's completely out of his depth in the Senate.

Unfortunately he's an example of where someone is ill equipped to play with the big boys, but gets a spot nonetheless.
Read_the_consti
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Mar 2016, 7:38 pm

" Unfortunately he's an example of where someone is ill equipped to play with the big boys, but gets a spot nonetheless."

A good example of what is the current state of play. The big boys are in complete control and to hell with everyone else. The big boys always win.......and line their pockets.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by BBJ » 08 Apr 2016, 11:29 am

Lyam wrote:They've been going down slowly for a while. I'm sure we all hope it continues.

Leupold VX-R 4-12x40
BBJ
Corporal
Corporal

Northern Territory

Return to Firearms related media and politics